Sacred stones banner

JDtheBA

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Good thing Arcanite isn't here...

Does anyone else find Tana's voice too deep?

Yes. I mean it's not bad but it is defiantly the complete and utter opposite of what I expected. I taught she would be more like Est or something, but they seem to like giving non-main lord noble women deeper voices cause its refined.

EDIT: After watching the JP trailer, Tana sounds a lot more like I taught she would in the Japanese version than in English.

I'm actually really happy with the banner. All of these units are ones I like (And they even made Amelia a General which is my preferred class for her). Now I just want Myrrh, Lute, Joshua and L'Arachel and I can sleep well at night.

Edited by Azz

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

With the right distribution he could be better then Eldigan and Eliwood as well.

And while you can use a lance user and a blue mage on horse emblem, that only works if you can choose 4 combat units. For arena the lance unit often gets dumped in favor of a bonus unit, and for TT or Chain Challenges you generally want to include a healer (in which case it's also the lance that gets dumped).

Yes, but we don't know what his stats are just yet.

Yes, but the bonus unit could also be a red or green cav too. You won't ALWAYS need to dump the lance unit.

13 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

You do realize if you pull him you get 

1. Stahl except you didn't spend 20k to 5 star him

2. Your favorite character on your inevitable horse team

BE HAPPY

1. I was going to 5 star Stahl regardless.

2. I still would prefer lance Seth.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I did. The JP voice fit my headcanon better.

Even her JP voice is too deep for me.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yes. I mean it's not bad but it is defiantly the complete and utter opposite of what I expected. I taught she would be more like Est or something, but they seem to like giving non-main lord noble women deeper voices cause its refined.

But in SS, Tana is pretty far from being refined... It really is strange.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, but we don't know what his stats are just yet.

Yes, but the bonus unit could also be a red or green cav too. You won't ALWAYS need to dump the lance unit.

Yeah honestly I was surprised they gave us Sword Seth (and Axe Amelia), but I guess they don't want to overflow the game with too many Lance Cavs. Most of the Cavs in the game are Lance units right now.

Just now, Ildanach said:

Her and Innes honestly.

Really? I like Innes' voice, in both languages. He's cool and brooding, so imo it fits.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah honestly I was surprised they gave us Sword Seth (and Axe Amelia), but I guess they don't want to overflow the game with too many Lance Cavs. Most of the Cavs in the game are Lance units right now.

A majority of characters in the game are sword/red though. That's my main issue. Seth not only has to compete with the likes of Xander, Eldigan, Eliwood, etc. but for non-horse teams, there's a wide assortment of good swords too.

And Seth is more associated with the lance since, ya know, he's actually drawn with one for SS.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Really? I like Innes' voice, in both languages. He's cool and brooding, so imo it fits.

I mean it's definitely pleasing to the ears, that's for sure. I just always imagined his voice a little bit higher, I think it might have something to do with the slender figure he had in SS. Also his voice seems a bit too rough during his special quote.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

A majority of characters in the game are sword/red though. That's my main issue. Seth not only has to compete with the likes of Xander, Eldigan, Eliwood, etc. but for non-horse teams, there's a wide assortment of good swords too.

And Seth is more associated with the lance since, ya know, he's actually drawn with one for SS.

TBH even before the banner arrived, Seth would have been screwed either way. Lance Seth would have been just a worse Camus, like every other non-Camus lance cav in this game.

I say just roll for him if you really like his character. That's basically what I've done all this time. If my faves have good stats, that's just a bonus. If their stats are bad, so be it, I'll find a way to make them work anyways.

I had no idea what voice I was expecting, but this is certainly an amazing one. I'm not actually that fond of the shrill young style (part of the reason I like Clair), and I think this makes Tana even more of a must-have.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2. Get over it

You can like, be happy that he's here y'know? He doesn't have a lance. Boo-hoo. But like, you can't change what's been done anyway, right? Complaining about him not having it isn't going to, like, make it appear on him as if nothing ever happened! He's still the same Seth we know and love~

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I had no idea what voice I was expecting, but this is certainly an amazing one. I'm not actually that fond of the shrill young style (part of the reason I like Clair), and I think this makes Tana even more of a must-have.

But like, who said she's a must have? O.o

I see The Rachel has not been added to my great dismay.  Oh well, I suppose it's still a decent group.

Amelia: Hello Armor Emblem!

Seth: Not the best base set, but Horse Emblem can fix anything.

Innes: I wanthogg him, but don't Nidhogg him.  I guess IS has confirmed Cancel Affinity is a giant F/U to Raven tomes.

Tana: Very nice skills!  Too bad I already have 2 Blues on my flier team, and they're not able to come off.  Too bad she couldn't be a Sword Flier

@Anacybele Seth having a Ruby Sword isn't too bad.  He'll probably be better than Stahl, and since Frederick's your green, he can fill the Red slot pretty well.  My fave Titania got the Emerald Axe treatment, which limits her role to just Blue killing, but I make it work, and like others have mentioned, Blue Horses are the most saturated with good units, so Red and Green horses have an easier time winning their color slots.  After all the Echoes Cavs getting lances, they probably wanted to diversify the Horses up a bit.  They seem to have wanted to avoid the problem I'm having with my Flier Team, where all the units I want to use are Blue.

Edited by Rezzy

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

*Snaps fingers* Hello? Skies to Astolfo? Have you been paying attention?

Guidance seems cool, and her weapon is great I guess, but like, I already have 7 blues though. 

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I would certainly like to have her.

I guess I would to, but I already have blues everywhere! 

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

TBH even before the banner arrived, Seth would have been screwed either way. Lance Seth would have been just a worse Camus, like every other non-Camus lance cav in this game.

I say just roll for him if you really like his character. That's basically what I've done all this time. If my faves have good stats, that's just a bonus. If their stats are bad, so be it, I'll find a way to make them work anyways.

Yeah, I suppose he would've been kinda screwed either way. I just think of him more as a lance unit than a sword one.

Maybe I will. I also still need a good red mage too, so if have weird luck like before, I'll end up pulling Sanaki or Celica instead of Seth. xP I mean, I got Klein instead of Faye, and Reinhardt and Ninian instead of Hinoka. And I pulled 5 star Marth, 5 star Chrom, and Alm before I finally got Ike.

8 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

2. Get over it

You can like, be happy that he's here y'know? He doesn't have a lance. Boo-hoo. But like, you can't change what's been done anyway, right? Complaining about him not having it isn't going to, like, make it appear on him as if nothing ever happened! He's still the same Seth we know and love~

Hey, I'm not disappointed he's in the game, just disappointed that he doesn't have the weapon I think he should have gotten. Also, we don't know quite yet if he's just as OP as before. :P

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Seth having a Ruby Sword isn't too bad.  He'll probably be better than Stahl, and since Frederick's your green, he can fill the Red slot pretty well.  My fave Titania got the Emerald Axe treatment, which limits her role to just Blue killing, but I make it work, and like others have mentioned, Blue Horses are the most saturated with good units, so Red and Green horses have an easier time winning their color slots.  After all the Echoes Cavs getting lances, they probably wanted to diversify the Horses up a bit.  They seem to have wanted to avoid the problem I'm having with my Flier Team, where all the units I want to use are Blue.

As I said, I was going to 5 star Stahl regardless. I would probably just swap between the two if I pulled Seth or use one of them on a different horse team. I plan to get lots of 5 star cav knights. But I guess in that sense it wouldn't hurt to try for him anyway, just to have another 5 star cav knight.

This is amazing! That music hit right in the nostalgia.

I want Amelia and Tana. Innes looks good too, but I'm not sure if I need him as I have Klein and Takumi. Seth I'm not a fan of bit it's good he's in the game now as he's pretty popular.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden not sure about Amelia's stats in her origin game but if Amelia focused on one stat (more Def than Res) or being more offensive with okayish Defenses (aka Effie) then Sheena still has a niche of having the best defenses at both ends of the spectrum. Still, Slaying Axe and the new armor movement skill is hard to beat and greatly overshadows Sheena's passiveness, but at least Sheena won't be completely replaced if they differ the stats.

As a General, in comparison to the other General in the game Gilliam, she was VERY squishy with something like 2/3's of Gilliam's HP and defense. Similar res. Where she shined though was effectively capping Luck, Speed, and Skill.  While having only slightly less attack. Basically she will likely be a physically frailer Draug. While it is apples to oranges, compared to Draug, she would have more speed, luck, res. But significantly less HP and Defense. Skill and strength are rather similar(they basically trade, Amelia slightly higher skill, Draug slightly higher strength). That said the res is questionable. She has similar res to other Generals in her game. It is just that Draug's game has much lower res on average. Basically though with higher speed and skill she would run circles around Draug(actually if the 5 speed rule applies she would nearly be able to double Draug). So I am expecting her to have 35+ speed easy. It would be funny to see a Lon'qu speed armor unit.

The part that worries me is the 38 HP, yeah it fits character wise. But if she is an Armored Trainee with a 172'ish stat total. . . well that is an average of 33.5 in the four other stats. Assuming they try to make her squishy like in her game, we could be looking at someone with a greater than 70 offensive stat total, who also has at least one decent defensive stat, possibly too decent ones. I mean 38/37/37/30/30 would be 172. That would be terrifying. More than likely she'll have mid 20's res and mid 30's defenses with more speed than attack. So more like 38/35/39/35/25. Seriously when I was trying to spec her as an armor for the create a hero thread I was intentionally playing with Sheena level HP just to prevent such a thing, I wonder if I should finish that. It was basically a 'Super Trainee Banner'. Anyways, even if she just has 168 like 3 of the current armors that would still be a 32.5 point average. So 38/35/35/30/30 would be possible. A lowered res/higher defense version could be 38/35/37/32/26. An Armor with that low of HP is just insane. I mean that is basically ranged levels of HP. And she would have at least 20 extra stats compared to them. Imagine if Reinhardt or Julia(both have 38HP) had 20 extra stat points to play with, actually don't. I don't want to pee my pants.  Anyways it just seems like half the +10 armor bonus always went into HP so 38HP, is just. . . wow.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Same, most of my 5*s are Blues. But I like her, so why not.

Like, in all of my play throughs, she was either benched or dead. So I never really, like, got to appreciate her or anything.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As I said, I was going to 5 star Stahl regardless. I would probably just swap between the two if I pulled Seth or use one of them on a different horse team. I plan to get lots of 5 star cav knights. But I guess in that sense it wouldn't hurt to try for him anyway, just to have another 5 star cav knight.

Arena Assault and Squad Assault (especially the former) means the more high movement strong reds you have, the better... So many Hectors in Arena Assault @_@

2 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Like, in all of my play throughs, she was either benched or dead. So I never really, like, got to appreciate her or anything.

Vanessa and Cormag do kinda make Tana hard to justify, but my Vanessa didn't exist on my first run of SS (she only grew like, 1 Spd, and then the rest in Luck or something in about 7 levels)

Watch my try to pull for all of these and not get one.  I am glad they went for color diversity and I am glad Seth will be a sword user since I have so many lance cavs that I don't know what to do with them all.  I really hope I manage to pull Amelia since the only ax knight I have is Sheena and she doesn't have the best nature.