Sacred stones banner

JDtheBA

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

Who says that? I've heard Blazing Sword, Holy War, Path of Radiance, Awakening, Fates and even Radiant Dawn but never Sacred Stones. Wonder who you've been talking to.

Oddly enough, not on this website but Reddit. Maybe that's should've been my 1st clue about it but I've seen Sacred Stone get nothing but praises & people going as far as to say Ephraim is the most badass lord if not the best lord in the franchise.

Also, I find it very hard to believe someone actually said Fates is the best in the series.

16 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Why so salty? No, really. I’ve seen Tellius being praised (even though the saga is Blueberry Emblem) but never Sacred Stones.
Sacred Stones has a proto-Ike, a proto-E:SoV!Celica, Seth, and relatively weak enemies.

Not so much salty as I'm just finally relief of my irritation of the series' favorite finally getting rep now. As far I can tell Sacred Stone is supposed to this Sacred Cow that no 1 is allowed to say crap about. I'm just tired of people telling me how crappy & over rated Awakening is & being told that Sacred Stone is Awakening but done better.

Again I'm glad fans of Sacred Stone is finally get the spotlight for once but once its over it's back to saying how under rated it is. Like that supposed to be a good thing for the game.

Off topic: God I need to work on my response time/reaction.

Edited by Zangetsu

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Vigarde being an axe knight would be really good. Even though the 3* and 4* rates were swapped and training tower can be re-rolled, there's no guarantees people can get an axe knight which could make axe knights like Garon, Murdock, and knights made axe users like a Garm-wielding Vigarde be really useful just to have. All of them would have personal weapons... Yeah, GHBs of them would be much appreciated.

I don't like Vigarde. They'd have to invent a personality for him, since he's completely dead save for the flashback where he dies in front of Lyon. He's an armor yes, and generally I focus more on gameplay than personality. But "Vigarde" is a shell of a former human being, a husk preserved by dark magic that cannot speak once its master abandons it, and which then disintegrates upon defeat, leaving nothing behind.

Duessel is thus the only true bearer of Garm if the Black Axe is to have one. And though he be not a royal, he is nonetheless one Grado's three greatest generals alive in SS, bestowed with the awesome title of Obsidian. And once the adventure ends, he remains a pivotal figure in reconstructing his country.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

They're probably saving Apocalypse for Bramimond since he was the original user. Same with Athos and Forblaze. I doubt they'd give Apocalypse to Niime.

I would very much like a Elibean Heroes of Yore Banner. But given we're talking legends of old with very little substance. Three of whom we never see, one has only a Mario Kart: Double Dash Bonus Disk appearance where they give away free goodies, another two each get 1 cutscene, another has 2 cutscenes, and only one, Athos, has any significant time onscreen- and all he does is be an old wise sage.

Don't get me wrong. I love Bramimond, he intrigues me in how he attained ultimate mastery of darkness. Neither succumbing to a vegetative state, nor going mad and wild with lust for power. Bramimond sacrificed part of his identity and all hopes of a normal life to gain this power, but he managed to retain his free will. He is one of the greatest magic users in all of FE lore, and a rare case of FE doing something genuinely unique. But alas- what power doth Bramimond, or Athos, or any other of these heroes of yore have to sell orbs?!

Stillness. Emptiness. Nothingness. The defining trait of Bramimond's millennia beneath the Shrine of Seals, that is the answer.

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Also, I find it very hard to believe someone actually said Fates is the best in the series.

Conquest on a strictly gameplay basis is what is meant whenever people say Fates is the best. Story, characters, DLC, Birthright and Revelation- all of these are left out of that statement because people know they're either nothing special, or terribly done. 

Perhaps you could avoid Reddit a bit if they overhype SS. To call it better than Awakening in every way is certainly going too far. Perhaps SS has better map design and plot, maybe even characters overall, but it was a fairly uncreative game that was released at the end of the GBA's life cycle as a side project to PoR.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't like Vigarde. They'd have to invent a personality for him, since he's completely dead save for the flashback where he dies in front of Lyon. He's an armor yes, and generally I focus more on gameplay than personality. But "Vigarde" is a shell of a former human being, a husk preserved by dark magic that cannot speak once its master abandons it, and which then disintegrates upon defeat leaving nothing behind.

Yes, he's dead before the events of the game, but Vigarde in Heroes could be a chance to let us see what he would have been like before he died. I predict a very goofy, bumbling dad. :p

Or they could literally give us husk Vigarde and in the future, give us somebody's sisters from Echoes which would be both creepy and kind of hilarious. Seriously, imagine poking Vigarde on his character page or selecting him on the map and only getting breathing noises, grunts, and/or silence. Vigarde's four special quotes would be "...", "....", "... ....", and "." The best character quotes ever.

Heroes kind of fleshed out more characters or gave different angles on them like Legion being self-aware he's pretty messed up and I guess some of the older game characters could have a bit more than what they were given.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Conquest on a strictly gameplay basis is what is meant whenever people say Fates is the best. Story, characters, DLC, Birthright and Revelation- all of these are left out of that statement because people know they're either nothing special, or terribly done.

Yes, but a bad story can really drag the game down more than it actually sounds. I do feel bad about the reception about Fate though.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps you could avoid Reddit a bit if they overhype SS. To call it better than Awakening in every way is certainly going too far. Perhaps SS has better map design and plot, maybe even characters overall, but it was a fairly uncreative game that was released at the end of the GBA's life cycle as a side project to PoR.

I'm pretty sure at this point I'm misunderstanding the praises, but the Sacred Stone seems held as high as Jugdral saga. People said Sacred Stone is supposed is a better game to start on the series than Awakening is. I'm probably misunderstood that & it's supposed to a good starting game if played Awakening 1st.

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

but the Sacred Stone seems held as high as Jugdral saga

In case you weren't aware, nothing, absolutely nothing, is truly sacred. Jugdral had good plots it is generally agreed (though the second half of Genealogy isn't quite as strong as the first), but the gameplay is highly divisive for both games. Genealogy might be grandiose in map sizes (and they actually form entire countries), but they're criticized as so very very empty and making Horse Emblem better than it is in Heroes. Thracia had a lot of interesting gameplay ideas, but the execution wasn't the best being it was the first time they were tested.

Yet I don't need holy purity or perfection in my games. I just try to enjoy whatever games I'm interested in and accept them for whatever flaws or arguable flaws they may have. No one's life is perfect, but one tries to live and enjoy it just the same.

As for SS, yes, it is good if you come from playing Awakening, given it has a world map you can roam and grind and shop on just the same. It's better than going from Awakening to Blazing or Tellius, since they lack the easy grinding, and Blazing forces you to shop during the battle itself. They're not quite as friendly to Awakening acolytes. Not to say they're totally cold and uninviting (that'd be Thracia if any game), PoR Easy Mode is easy, and Blazing has the giant tutorial of Lyn Mode and very pathetic enemies on Eliwood and Hector Normal Modes.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't like Vigarde. They'd have to invent a personality for him, since he's completely dead save for the flashback where he dies in front of Lyon. He's an armor yes, and generally I focus more on gameplay than personality. But "Vigarde" is a shell of a former human being, a husk preserved by dark magic that cannot speak once its master abandons it, and which then disintegrates upon defeat, leaving nothing behind.

Cormag and Selena talk about past!Vigarde, both mentioning his charity and kindness towards the common people. I don't think it would be too hard to build a personality for Heroes.

That said, a story chapter with Lyon controlling zombie!Vigarde would be pretty awesome.

41 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Or they could literally give us husk Vigarde and in the future, give us somebody's sisters from Echoes which would be both creepy and kind of hilarious. Seriously, imagine poking Vigarde on his character page or selecting him on the map and only getting breathing noises, grunts, and/or silence. Vigarde's four special quotes would be "...", "....", "... ....", and "." The best character quotes ever.

Throw in Orson's wife, Monica. Denning might be fun too.

4 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Um, hello? You're talking to the queen of pegasus knights here? Me missing Tana is like you missing Oboro?

Well sure! That, like, makes sense I guess. I mean, I could pull for her, but like, I probably won't. Unless her stats are like, super duper OP

I can tooootally make animal sacrifices for you though ;)

5 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Well sure! That, like, makes sense I guess. I mean, I could pull for her, but like, I probably won't. Unless her stats are like, super duper OP

I can tooootally make animal sacrifices for you though ;)

Me not having the Rachel just wouldn't be right.  Oh wait...

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Groans of increasing discomfort

Edited by Rezzy

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In case you weren't aware, nothing, absolutely nothing, is truly sacred. Jugdral had good plots it is generally agreed (though the second half of Genealogy isn't quite as strong as the first), but the gameplay is highly divisive for both games. Genealogy might be grandiose in map sizes (and they actually form entire countries), but they're criticized as so very very empty and making Horse Emblem better than it is in Heroes. Thracia had a lot of interesting gameplay ideas, but the execution wasn't the best being it was the first time they were tested.

Yet I don't need holy purity or perfection in my games. I just try to enjoy whatever games I'm interested in and accept them for whatever flaws or arguable flaws they may have. No one's life is perfect, but one tries to live and enjoy it just the same.

As for SS, yes, it is good if you come from playing Awakening, given it has a world map you can roam and grind and shop on just the same. It's better than going from Awakening to Blazing or Tellius, since they lack the easy grinding, and Blazing forces you to shop during the battle itself. They're not quite as friendly to Awakening acolytes. Not to say they're totally cold and uninviting (that'd be Thracia if any game), PoR Easy Mode is easy, and Blazing has the giant tutorial of Lyn Mode and very pathetic enemies on Eliwood and Hector Normal Modes.

I'm aware but that won't stop people from doing so. Not that I should react to it, but since I'm part of the internet why be reasonable & courteous?

I do the same with Awakening. Good presentation, but generic storyline & villains

I do plan to play Sacred Stone @ some point in my life, so I can judge it for myself.

But enough of my whining, congratz to the Sacred Stone fanbase for finally getting a banner. Hopefully L'arachel, Joshua, & Lute aren't far behind either.

Edited by Zangetsu

oh god i was HIT with nostalgia the moment i started watching that video, the music, man..i feel somewhat emotional.

complaint: Nidhogg belongs on Neimi

i'm glad Fortress Res finally came out, i've been waiting! Vidofnir looks really strong. lol i'm just thinking of Armoured Blow paired with it for fun..surprised Amelia is an armour but also that's cool, we need some more armours. i'm kinda dubious about her having "trainee stats." looks like Seth is kinda meh kit-wise but he is one of my least favourites so i don't care much.

well i have 5 orbs, i'm ready to roll )8

though i love the crap out of SS i don't think it's the best Fire Emblem objectively, i think RD might take that title for me. but SS is definitely my favourite. and if SS didn't exist it's possible i'd never have been into the Fire Emblem series at all. when i was 8 to 10 years old, my aunt (who is only about 4 years older than me) happened to buy Sacred Stones, she let me play it, i begged my parents to buy it, and i was hooked to the series ever since. it's definitely a great intro game considering i could beat it on the "lunatic" difficulty when i was a little babby, and it doesn't have the complexity in Awakening and Fates of trying to figure out optimal skills and pairings for kids and stuff. 

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Groans of increasing discomfort

I am pretty sure Vigarde enjoys you poking him as much as Garon enjoys ogling his daughter.

24 minutes ago, Logos said:

I don't know why but Innes feels like he's just going to be a speedier Faye in terms of stats.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here wondering if the developers would do something as stupid as make Innes a ranged Lukas to min-max the hell out of Fortress Res.

40 HP, 35 Atk, 22 Spd, 13 Def, and 38 Res. It would be contrary to what Innes is probably is in Sacred Stones, but he'd be stupidly resistant to magic.

Anyway, a speedier Faye would be Rebecca and kind of Jeorge and Klein who don't have as good of resistance as them. If you want even speedier, then Niles, but his attack is low as a result of dumping everything into resistance and speed.

Edit: Ha, a ranged +Res, -Spd Lukas would be so freaking slow that -Spd Reinhardt with a Hone Cavalry buff would double and kill him. The only way an archer like that would survive is if they were on a defense tile. Also, with resistance buffs since Quickened Pulse Reinhardt is a thing.

Otherwise, they would be able to deal with most mages without much of a problem despite getting doubled by practically everyone.

Stay away from physical units since units like Felicia can actually kill them.

Edited by Kaden

Datamining has begun. It's not done yet but here's the link to the post anyways.

Spoiler

Amelia has Armour BST with the trainee boost lol. 173 BST.

Tana has 34/36 offense apparently.

Edited by Korath88

24 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here wondering if the developers would do something as stupid as make Innes a ranged Lukas to min-max the hell out of Fortress Res.

40 HP, 35 Atk, 22 Spd, 13 Def, and 38 Res. It would be contrary to what Innes is probably is in Sacred Stones, but he'd be stupidly resistant to magic.

Anyway, a speedier Faye would be Rebecca and kind of Jeorge and Klein who don't have as good of resistance as them. If you want even speedier, then Niles, but his attack is low as a result of dumping everything into resistance and speed.

Oh true would be hard to do that due to low BST unless they give him a very high BST like Faye, but probably won't, which means he'll be at most 148 likely. 

HP/35 Atk/33 Spd/34 Def/16 Res/30 or something similar wouldn't be too bad. I just don't want Innes to be another Faye, unless it involves just having a similar BST to her.

Edited by Logos

Hm....I don't know a lot about arrows, but I've never seen arrows like Innes's before. I'm sure anything hurts if it's coming at you fast enough, but wouldn't they be more effective if they were pointy? Maybe it's just for aesthetic appeal...or maybe there are arrows that like the curly tip. That'd be new info to me!

Other than that, the art's gorgeous. I really love Tana and Amelia. 

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hm....I don't know a lot about arrows, but I've never seen arrows like Innes's before. I'm sure anything hurts if it's coming at you fast enough, but wouldn't they be more effective if they were pointy? Maybe it's just for aesthetic appeal...or maybe there are arrows that like the curly tip. That'd be new info to me!

Other than that, the art's gorgeous. I really love Tana and Amelia. 

I guess that type of arrow head sacrifices piercing potential for a larger cut cross-section.

11 minutes ago, Logos said:

Oh true would be hard to do that due to low BST unless they give him a very high BST like Faye, but probably won't, which means he'll be at most 148 likely. 

HP/35 Atk/33 Spd/34 Def/16 Res/30 or something similar wouldn't be too bad. I just don't want Innes to be another Faye, unless it involves just having a similar BST to her.

Here you go. He's just a straight up better Niles

1 minute ago, Logos said:

I guess that type of arrow head sacrifices piercing potential for a larger cut cross-section.

A friend of mine that's big into archery and stuff did a little research and mentioned that the split arrowhead might be one designed specifically for hunting birds. Regardless...it seems like a really strange choice for the design. 

25 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

A friend of mine that's big into archery and stuff did a little research and mentioned that the split arrowhead might be one designed specifically for hunting birds. Regardless...it seems like a really strange choice for the design. 

Yeah for me personally a pointed arrowhead just looks infinitely better to whatever that is in the image. If they turned that head around it would look so much better.

@Korath88: Should put that in spoilers, and also thanks. Also thank goodness he's pretty offensive, and as a bonus bulky for magic, which is just great.

I think I just have to have him especially knowing that he's 35/33/34/14/31. Total BST: 147  He'll be great against TAs can't wait for him.

Edited by Logos

How likely is it that we'll get a second SS Banner after this, given how long it took us to get this one? I would love more SS - especially a SS Tempest Trial as someone mentioned earlier - but I don't see how either one can be likely. Heck, Tellius got an actual chapter and SS doesn't even have that! I want to believe that's because there are two Tellius games but it's not, is it?

7 minutes ago, Logos said:

Yeah for me personally a pointed arrowhead just looks infinitely better to whatever that is in the image. If they turned that head around it would look so much better.

@Korath88: Should put that in spoilers, and also thanks. Also thank goodness he's pretty offensive, and as a bonus bulky for magic, which is just great.

It's not designed to be practical.  It's supposed to resemble a snake tongue, since that the bow is called Nidhogg and is carved to look like two snakes joined at the tail.

Found some possible stats...I think. Was creeping in reddit and found these in a comment: 

Spoiler

Amelia :47/34/34/35/23
Tana: 36/34/36/25/25
Innes: 35/33/34/14/31
Seth: 37/32/31/32/22

Amelia is Sheena but better. More HP, ATK, SPD, but a little less DEF and not nearly as much RES but it's still passable. Plus the power creep with the Slaying Axe. Unfortunately, you'll need two of her (to pass on her C skill to another armor unit) so she can benefit from it. 

Tana's going to be a solid flier. Excellent ATK and SPD, and her bulk will be passable with her legendary weapon! (Plus her art is gorgeous. :3 )

Innes definitely feels like better Niles as well.  Surprisingly, Niles has more bulk overall (HP, DEF, and RES), but the extra attack is more than worth it. 

Seth is Stahl but better in ever stat except HP and they tie in RES. This is the funniest thing I've seen all day. He kinda' almost invalidates Stahl in a way. Stahl has the benefit of being a free hero at least.