Sacred stones banner

JDtheBA

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Quick question before the banner ends: how good is Tana? I finally got Amelia after a pity rate of 4.50, only have 19 Orbs right now and am well aware that trying for Tana means I either need ridiculous luck with the Orbs I'll have by the end of the month or I'll need to spend real money.

So in other words, I guess what I'm asking is: is Tana worth potentially spending real money on? I know some of you are whales but I'm a F2P player so please keep that in mind D:

To add on to what has already been said, spending money is still no guarantee of getting Tana, let alone one that's neutral or better. I've purchased 5 of the 23 orbs packs and 1 of the 75 orb pack this summer.  All that got me was...1 5-star unit.  If you're worried about getting your hopes up, then let me tell you that it's a terrible feeling to spend money and not get anything. I can easily absorb the loss, but it still stings. Make sure you can handle not just not getting Tana, but spending money on essentially feathers. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Eridras said:

To add on to what has already been said, spending money is still no guarantee of getting Tana, let alone one that's neutral or better. I've purchased 5 of the 23 orbs packs and 1 of the 75 orb pack this summer.  All that got me was...1 5-star unit.  If you're worried about getting your hopes up, then let me tell you that it's a terrible feeling to spend money and not get anything. I can easily absorb the loss, but it still stings. Make sure you can handle not just not getting Tana, but spending money on essentially feathers. 

That's a good catch, thank you :P

I guess I will hold off then, and start saving up for the next banner to really catch my interest.

Thanks again, to both of you!

3 hours ago, Eridras said:

I got the $40 one with no 5*. I don't know if I'll be able to grab more...

54 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I got the $40 one with no 5*. I don't know if I'll be able to grab more...

If you use an Apple device to play, Staples currently has a 15% off sale on iTunes gift cards above 25$. That's a good way to stretch every penny. I've stopped paying for orbs normally now, it's all off discounted gift cards. 

15 minutes ago, Eridras said:

If you use an Apple device to play, Staples currently has a 15% off sale on iTunes gift cards above 25$. That's a good way to stretch every penny. I've stopped paying for orbs normally now, it's all off discounted gift cards. 

No, I don't use Apple...

EDIT: And I don't know if Australia has this 'Staples'. Certainly not anywhere I could go.

Edited by phineas81707

40 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

No, I don't use Apple...

EDIT: And I don't know if Australia has this 'Staples'. Certainly not anywhere I could go.

Ah, foolish me for assuming. If you use an Android device, then maybe look up deals in Google Play cards. 

7 hours ago, Othin said:

And bear in mind that going after specific characters can cost a lot of money: getting 50/50 odds of pulling a specific 3% rate character while pulling their color exclusively requires like 200 orbs, which costs over $100.

Yeah, probability is a harsh mistress: Celica cost me at least 400 orbs.

4 hours ago, Eridras said:

Ah, foolish me for assuming. If you use an Android device, then maybe look up deals in Google Play cards. 

I never ever saw a deal promoting Google play cards. But there is the survey app by google where you can earn a (very) small amount of money in participating in surveys. Mostly things like "you have been in store xy yesterday, how good was your impression of it on a Scala of 1-5?". 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I never ever saw a deal promoting Google play cards. But there is the survey app by google where you can earn a (very) small amount of money in participating in surveys. Mostly things like "you have been in store xy yesterday, how good was your impression of it on a Scala of 1-5?". 

I'll definitely check this link out myself :)

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a good catch, thank you :P

I guess I will hold off then, and start saving up for the next banner to really catch my interest.

Thanks again, to both of you!

For spending orbs, I know I wouldn't have nearly any of the characters I wanted if I didn't. I'd still have some good characters, but ones like Takumi, Hector, Spring!Chrom, Summer!Frederick... they all required me paying for and paying quite heavily. Sadly, luck is usually not in my favour so it costs me a fair bit. Just depends how much you want Tana and if you are prepared for disappointment...

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I know. I was always the best part of them :(

Maybe one day...

I wouldn't go that far - I love Modern Sonic's games :)

But yeah, hopefully one day! Especially with the huge amount of feedback Aaron got at the party last year :D

To stay on topic, I've decided to hold onto my Orbs until we get another SS Banner, or any other that catches my interest~

Edited by DefyingFates

Just now, DefyingFates said:

I wouldn't go that far - I love Modern Sonic's games :)

But yeah, hopefully one day! Especially with the huge amount of feedback Aaron got at the party last year :D

I enjoyed playing up to SAB:2, but I kinda lost it after that. I think the Chao just made it for me and now the games just feel a bit lonely without them :(

Any logical assumptions on which units will end up as 4*?  I have Seth, who might be 5* only b/c he is a main character, but might also be a 4* b/c he's not so great.  
The only other one I could see being 5* exclusive is Amelia b/c of her C skill.  
Tana could b/c she is somewhat important, has unique weapon, and pretty good but with Hinoka and all the other blue lances people want I don't know....
I think Innes will b/c a lot of bow users were downgraded to 4*s and he's a prince, pretty good, and has a unique bow.

Edited by Lushen

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Any logical assumptions on which units will end up as 4*?  I have Seth, who might be 5* only b/c he is a main character, but might also be a 4* b/c he's not so great.  
The only other one I could see being 5* exclusive is Amelia b/c of her C skill.  
Tana could b/c she is somewhat important, has unique weapon, and pretty good but with Hinoka and all the other blue lances people want I don't know....
I think Innes will b/c a lot of bow users were downgraded to 4*s and he's a prince, pretty good, and has a unique bow.

Seth and Amelia are the most likely since they haven't dropped the rarity on any characters with uninheritable weapons except on banners where more than half of the characters had them.

In terms of skills, Seth and Innes have the least impressive kits, so I can see it being them, too.

I hope Seth becomes 4 star. I tried several times for him and instead of getting him, I got five other 5 star units, including two who weren't red because I had no reds in their sessions. This has been my unluckiest month since the very first two, I would say.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I hope Seth becomes 4 star. I tried several times for him and instead of getting him, I got five other 5 star units, including two who weren't red because I had no reds in their sessions. This has been my unluckiest month since the very first two, I would say.

He probably will. He doesn't have an ultimate weapon like Tanna or Innes, or a special skill and unmatched BST like Amelia.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

He probably will. He doesn't have an ultimate weapon like Tanna or Innes, or a special skill and unmatched BST like Amelia.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, but you never know.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This has been my unluckiest month since the very first two, I would say.

would say pulling five 5 star units from one banner isn't really like, "unlucky" but I can understand it being like, frustrating since you only wanted one character! 

Spoiler

I toooootally wish I had your Amelia

15 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

would say pulling five 5 star units from one banner isn't really like, "unlucky" but I can understand it being like, frustrating since you only wanted one character! 

Reveal hidden contents

I toooootally wish I had your Amelia

Yeah. I mean, Tana is nice, but I didn't want any of these others. Even if Gray HAS been helpful in Tempest for being a 40% bonus unit unlike Alm who was just 20%.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds like when I got Bridelia 5 times trying to get Lyn.  Blessing in disguise, I suppose.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Sounds like when I got Bridelia 5 times trying to get Lyn.  Blessing in disguise, I suppose.

Bride Cordelia is supposed to be very good though, I'd be glad to get her! :P

I'm sure Seth will become 4* after the banner ends. I really hope that Innes is the other one who gets demoted because he's the one I want the most but still haven't pulled. But honestly, it'll probably be Amelia.

Edited by Sproutling
Clarity