Sacred stones banner

JDtheBA

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

So, on Armor March...why does it have to let them bypass the forest movement penalty? That's just annoying.

Terrain in Fire Emblem has always been treated as a cost to move onto a tile for a particular movement type. If forests had 2 cost for armors, they wouldn't be able to move onto forests at all without having 2 movement since Armor March doesn't change armored units' movement type.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Terrain in Fire Emblem has always been treated as a cost to move onto a tile for a particular movement type. If forests had 2 cost for armors, they wouldn't be able to move onto forests at all without having 2 movement since Armor March doesn't change armored units' movement type.

I suppose that makes sense; I guess I was just caught off-guard.

Pulled Amelia on the free summon so I'm pretty happy. Still need more time with her before I can say whether or not I like her, Though I will admit Armor March is certainly an interesting skill for a Heroes scrub like me.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Define "armor emblem". Do you mean "4 armored units" or "4 (mostly) optimized armored units"?

The latter. I have zephiel with Dist counter (got from a -attk hector)and hone armour with ward learned. Hector with g tomebreaker and vantage learned. Effie with unfortunately  no D. Counter and is there to give that ward armour + BST purposes. 

Got all shitty iv Sheena except for a 4* +res - spd one.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm personally not a fan of Moonbow with a Killer weapon because it's weak and doesn't change its activation time by much. It's only useful if there are match-ups that you need her to win and the extra damage is enough to push a kill.

Same here. I am seeing some matchups against some +10 fury variants including a Tana that survive here by 1-4 hp though it's bad to assume finding a +10 Gaius tbh .

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also note that 43 Spd is not enough to double attack standard Nino (who has 42 Spd when running Fury, 46 when buffed, 45 and 49 respectively with Life and Death), and 53 Atk only kills standard Nino if Nino is -Def (52 physical bulk with Fury and -Def, 55 neutral). I don't know if that's an argument for Moonbow or not because you'd rather not take a hit from Nino at all to charge your special since face-tanking mages without weapon triangle advantage is still of questionable utility.

Obviously unless I run g tomebreaker or a QP moonbow on amelia , I don't think can orko that Nino. Given I might fight Nino with speed buffed to 49 I'd rather put a g tomebreaker on her. 

Tbh I am iffy about running L and D . A Reinhardt without cavalry buffs but all other powerups(+attk , death blow, +10, QP) can kill her . Hell he can kill her if she runs Fury but I need to put a hp +3 on her to survive that.   She with 8 res on spur through armour buffs can survive rein with hone too.(no hp +3 reqd)

So thats why I confused on whether using her on offense with L and D  with otyer armors since she can bait arnors and no neef to tank them thanks to armor march. Or use her to tank  one mage hit ?

I got both Tana and Amelia in one set of pull. I am so happy! :D

Tana will be very useful as she is very versatile (Actually real close to the stats I set for my own Thea), and also a new role I call Transporter! Because of the two I got, I decided to 5* my Zephiel, since Armors just got much, much better with the two, and Zephiel is no exception with his Threaten DEF legendary weapon. I would take Valter as my next 5* instead, but he'll be on the sidelines as my reserve unit.

Edited by Lyrai

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This could come in handy or be totally shit depending on which side of the Team you are and Map ._.

Got a Tana after using 60 orbs.
I can't complain and she has (HP-/Res+) which is not too bad (potentially 25+7 def and 29 Res without boosts). 

Also I already tested her with Sheena and it's really fun how flexible Sheena became.
Sadly I don't have a Summer Tiki so I can't get close defense. Hope they will release a new unit in the future with this skill.

At least mixed teams have become more interessting by now. =o

14 hours ago, Sonnua said:

Tbh I am iffy about running L and D . A Reinhardt without cavalry buffs but all other powerups(+attk , death blow, +10, QP) can kill her . Hell he can kill her if she runs Fury but I need to put a hp +3 on her to survive that.   She with 8 res on spur through armour buffs can survive rein with hone too.(no hp +3 reqd)

I'm not expecting a unit with 23 base Res to be intending to tank Reinhardt, period. You're either running Sheena for the counter kill or killing Reinhardt on player phase.

Surviving a round of combat from Reinhardt is not something you should build for if it takes great lengths to do so and reduces the unit's capabilities elsewhere unless you absolutely have no other answer.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not expecting a unit with 23 base Res to be intending to tank Reinhardt, period. You're either running Sheena for the counter kill or killing Reinhardt on player phase.

Surviving a round of combat from Reinhardt is not something you should build for if it takes great lengths to do so and reduces the unit's capabilities elsewhere unless you absolutely have no other answer.

I guess I'll be replacing someone with Sheena maybe. Reinhardt is like the bane of my team. 

Thanks for the advice. 

I think I'm done pulling from the banner - I wanted Tana and Amelia but I ended up pulling 3 off-focus 5* units:

+Atk/-Res Julia (not the first time Julia ruined my pity rate)

+Spd/-Res Raven (I already have a Raven with the same IVs at 4* and I also pulled a +Atk/-Spd Cherche recently)

+Spd/-Def Mae

Did someone have the sprite sheets for these characters? Since game doesn't want to give me Innes (yet), I want to print his sprite and make it a keychain (also make Takumi, Leo and Klein too haha)

On 19.08.2017 at 0:51 PM, SniperGYS said:

Did someone have the sprite sheets for these characters? Since game doesn't want to give me Innes (yet), I want to print his sprite and make it a keychain (also make Takumi, Leo and Klein too haha)

How about this?

IMG_0491.thumb.PNG.3614afab39eb14d62e5bd26d6e5f02c6.PNGWhat the fuck just happened. The first four I did were the 5*s. I have never been more angry and happy at the same time. I'm beyond angry that I got 4 non focus 5*s but the Hinoka kinda makes up for it... I guess? I'm gonna have to check their Boons and Banes to see how I really feel. 

I bought 150 orbs too, and I only have 4 left after this. 

20 hours ago, Hawk King said:

IMG_0491.thumb.PNG.3614afab39eb14d62e5bd26d6e5f02c6.PNGWhat the fuck just happened. The first four I did were the 5*s. I have never been more angry and happy at the same time. I'm beyond angry that I got 4 non focus 5*s but the Hinoka kinda makes up for it... I guess? I'm gonna have to check their Boons and Banes to see how I really feel. 

I bought 150 orbs too, and I only have 4 left after this. 

Well...wow...

That is the luckiest thing I've seen and makes me want to do full pulls again lol

Were you hunting for anyone?

Just now, mcsilas said:

At least there's some good Flier Emblem tools in that summon

I will never turn down a Clair or a Hinoka, or say it sucked for anyone else.

If he was pulling reds, he wouldn't have opened the green, blue or colourless orbs.

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I can imagine, wow...

What was your pity rate, if any?

4.25% I had spent 125 orbs before that group without getting a 5*

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Well...wow...

That is the luckiest thing I've seen and makes me want to do full pulls again lol

Were you hunting for anyone?

I already got an Amelia before this so I was pulling blue and green in hopes of getting Tana and another Amelia. I prioritized colorless over red if those were the only 2 colors and I had to pick one before backing out. Clair came first. Then Hinoka. Then Hawkeye. And every time I break the pity rate I do a full summon which got me Leon. At that point I was in such disbelief and awe. I though I might have triggered the guaranteed 5* thing but Palla pulled me back down to earth.

Last night I bought another 150 orbs and got stupid good luck. I pulled a 2nd Amelia and got a Seth when I finished the full pull. Then on the very next group it was all colorless and red and I pulled Innes and then backed out. Then a short while later, I got Tana. Only had to spend 100 of the orbs.

Quick question before the banner ends: how good is Tana? I finally got Amelia after a pity rate of 4.50, only have 19 Orbs right now and am well aware that trying for Tana means I either need ridiculous luck with the Orbs I'll have by the end of the month or I'll need to spend real money.

So in other words, I guess what I'm asking is: is Tana worth potentially spending real money on? I know some of you are whales but I'm a F2P player so please keep that in mind D:

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Quick question before the banner ends: how good is Tana? I finally got Amelia after a pity rate of 4.50, only have 19 Orbs right now and am well aware that trying for Tana means I either need ridiculous luck with the Orbs I'll have by the end of the month or I'll need to spend real money.

So in other words, I guess what I'm asking is: is Tana worth potentially spending real money on? I know some of you are whales but I'm a F2P player so please keep that in mind D:

Tana will be available in banners again. Potentially quite soon: for example, this month's TT was based largely around the mid-July banners, and as part of that, it had a TT banner with a second chance at most of the 5* exclusive units from them. There's been speculation about an FE8 TT next month, and if that happens, it'll probably have Tana in the banner, especially if she stays 5* exclusive. If they do the same sort of big end-of-month FEH Channel thing this month as last month, we should find all that out before the current main banners end, although potentially only a few hours before.

Whether or not a character is worth real money depends on how much you personally value both your money and the character. I don't know much about how good Tana is, but I don't think she's any more noteworthy than a bunch of other characters that are already available, so if those weren't worth money, Tana probably won't be, either. And bear in mind that going after specific characters can cost a lot of money: getting 50/50 odds of pulling a specific 3% rate character while pulling their color exclusively requires like 200 orbs, which costs over $100.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Tana will be available in banners again. Potentially quite soon: for example, this month's TT was based largely around the mid-July banners, and as part of that, it had a TT banner with a second chance at most of the 5* exclusive units from them. There's been speculation about an FE8 TT next month, and if that happens, it'll probably have Tana in the banner, especially if she stays 5* exclusive. If they do the same sort of big end-of-month FEH Channel thing this month as last month, we should find all that out before the current main banners end, although potentially only a few hours before.

Whether or not a character is worth real money depends on how much you personally value both your money and the character. I don't know much about how good Tana is, but I don't think she's any more noteworthy than a bunch of other characters that are already available, so if those weren't worth money, Tana probably won't be, either. And bear in mind that going after specific characters can cost a lot of money: getting 50/50 odds of pulling a specific 3% rate character while pulling their color exclusively requires like 200 orbs, which costs over $100.

Fair points. I never thought cold hard logic could hurt so much even though it's what I wanted to hear :P

At the risk of going off-topic: why is everyone so confident about FE8 being a big part of FEH's immediate future? Is it because the "obvious" choices weren't in this banner (e.g. Joshua, L'arachel)? After all, until Valter was announced (and moreso this banner's announcement), IS' ignorance of Sacred Stones was so rampant it was a meme! As for the previous Tempest Trials, I  figured the first was Awakening for its popularity (and for being a lot of people's first FE) and the next two were Echoes because it was the newest FE. I've said this before but I don't see FE8 joining their ranks before the likes of Tellius or Elibe.

As anyone viewing this site in desktop view can see, my favourite game is SS so I hope you understand that I'm asking because I don't want to be hurt after getting my hopes up. On the bright side, Magvel is featuring in the next Cipher set (if only to pair Eirika/ Ephraim with Rowan/ Shianna) so clearly IS has remembered FE8 exists :P

Anyway, to bring this back on-topic: I've seen one or two people suggesting Myrrh would be a red unit if she shows up: why is that? As I recall she has the Wind element, so wouldn't that make her green? (Not that I'd complain if she was red - the only red Dragon I have is a 3* Adult Tiki).

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Fair points. I never thought cold hard logic could hurt so much even though it's what I wanted to hear :P

At the risk of going off-topic: why is everyone so confident about FE8 being a big part of FEH's immediate future? Is it because the "obvious" choices weren't in this banner (e.g. Joshua, L'arachel)? After all, until Valter was announced (and moreso this banner's announcement), IS' ignorance of Sacred Stones was so rampant it was a meme! As for the previous Tempest Trials, I  figured the first was Awakening for its popularity (and for being a lot of people's first FE) and the next two were Echoes because it was the newest FE. I've said this before but I don't see FE8 joining their ranks before the likes of Tellius or Elibe.

As anyone viewing this site in desktop view can see, my favourite game is SS so I hope you understand that I'm asking because I don't want to be hurt after getting my hopes up. On the bright side, Magvel is featuring in the next Cipher set (if only to pair Eirika/ Ephraim with Rowan/ Shianna) so clearly IS has remembered FE8 exists :P

Anyway, to bring this back on-topic: I've seen one or two people suggesting Myrrh would be a red unit if she shows up: why is that? As I recall she has the Wind element, so wouldn't that make her green? (Not that I'd complain if she was red - the only red Dragon I have is a 3* Adult Tiki).

I wouldn't say I'm confident about it, but it'd make sense for it to at least get this. Recently, FE2 has been getting a lot of focus, across multiple banners, a GHB, and two TTs. I don't think FE8 is necessarily going to get any more focus in the near future than a TT, but a banner, a GHB, and a TT would make a nice set, and it'd be a cool way to pick one game to highlight at a time over the course of about a month. Plus, people predicted an FE8 banner based on the Valter GHB, and that came true. And now that we have seven FE8 characters, an eighth one being added through a TT would make exactly eight to fill eight bonus unit slots.

As for the previous lack of attention for FE8, I think all that means is that it's one of the games they decided to save for later. FE2 took even longer than FE8 to get its first characters and maps into the game, and by now it has a lot of them. Every game will get plenty of characters eventually, so why not have the upcoming TT character be one of them, when it's the game everyone's eyes are on right now? 

Regarding Tellius: there are actually more Magvel characters in the game than Tellius ones right now.

I don't know why people would suggest red for Myrrh. I don't think affinities are relevant, but her wings are greenish, she has a similar role in her game to Fae, and it's the color that really needs another dragon right now, only having one so far.