Mecha's Sprite Hub

Mecha_Azrid

Hey guys :) it has been a long (emphasis on the long) time since I've done any spriting in the FE Style, so here I am posting all the content I'm making and I would love to see the feedback.       

Izuku Midoriya (Alias: Deku | Class: Fighter)

Normal Attack

fcMDLBu.gif

So the basis of this attack are done I need to add in a few more frames to this to make it more fluid and smooth as well as fixing up some of the existing frames.

Critical Attack

Dodge - w/Weapon

Dodge - n/Weapon

Naruto Uzumaki (Class: Jonin (Similar to a Mercenary) > Class: Hokage (Similar to a Hero/Promoted Lord)

7Hir5UJ.png

Next: Sasuke Uchiha (Class: Rogue (Similar to a Myrmidon) > Class: Wanderer (Similar to a Swordmaster/Promoted Lord)

Edited by Mecha_Azrid

Decided to put the Hero Academia project aside for now after a discussion with a few of my friends who want to create/see a Naruto x Fire Emblem crossover. So that is what I am going to be doing as my project for the mod, I'll be basing all the sprites off Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble.

Naruto Idle:

7Hir5UJ.png

Still need to work on his face a bit more cause he isn't looking like Sasuke but I think it's an overall improvement from the very first version I did. After I finish working on his face and doing the talking frames, blinks frames, etc... Going to start working on Naruto's portrait.

HicdcOJ.png

Cool! Sasuke definitely got some improvement (yay he has shoulders now!) but his neck seems a little short and his far shoulder might go out a little far. The shading on his coat seems pretty extreme, you might want to get a medium shade in between the bright and the very dark shadows. 

You put Naruto at a pretty ambitious angle and he doesn't look bad but he does feel a little squished, and his mouth might not match the angle of his face. The cloth shading could use improvement, it looks more like a bunch of lines drawn on than real clothing folds. You need to shade the areas around the fold to make it look like it's really folding (don't just shade willy nilly, try and get references). The details are nice, the headband looks really good.

For both of them, the hair is pretty simple with a lot of flat boring space. That might be the style of Naruto, but it looks kinda weird in FE portrait style. You could draw strands a little longer or check out art of them with more complex hair for ideas on what to do there.

5 hours ago, Toa said:

Cool! Sasuke definitely got some improvement (yay he has shoulders now!) but his neck seems a little short and his far shoulder might go out a little far. The shading on his coat seems pretty extreme, you might want to get a medium shade in between the bright and the very dark shadows. 

You put Naruto at a pretty ambitious angle and he doesn't look bad but he does feel a little squished, and his mouth might not match the angle of his face. The cloth shading could use improvement, it looks more like a bunch of lines drawn on than real clothing folds. You need to shade the areas around the fold to make it look like it's really folding (don't just shade willy nilly, try and get references). The details are nice, the headband looks really good.

For both of them, the hair is pretty simple with a lot of flat boring space. That might be the style of Naruto, but it looks kinda weird in FE portrait style. You could draw strands a little longer or check out art of them with more complex hair for ideas on what to do there.

Thank you for the feedback!

• Sasuke

I think it's his collar that might make it look as if his neck is a bit short but I'll play around with putting his head/neck a bit higher, and yeah I noticed that as well when I was working on Naruto that his shoulder was just too far. With the colours I've been using pre-existing ones off of Fire Emblem portraits so that's why it's too much and too "pillow shaded" but I definitely agree with you, I will test out a few colour palettes to see which one fits perfectly and doesn't make it extreme.

• Naruto

Yeah the angle of Naruto is a bit weird admittedly I did reference this off an image, initially he is performing a hand sign and looking straight on, and I'm not too sure if I should maybe extend his shoulders a bit more so he doesn't look squished. Yeah the shading for him is definitely horrible no doubt about that but I'll do the same thing with Sasuke and play around with colour palettes to get that extra detail.

• Both

Honestly I'm still contemplating whether to add details, like strands as you mentioned, into the hair but like you said that would make it feel more like an FE portrait. But yeah, I'll do more research into that.

Again thanks for the feedback! That definitely helps me a lot and hopefully I can improve upon them. :) 

Using Toa's critique I played around with the folding of clothes for Naruto I think it turned out quite well with the new shades of colour that I am using, I also started to do the hair (using realistic drawings for reference) and Naruto's turned out well. I adjusted Sasuke's head/neck moving it a bit up and changed his left eye to the Rinnegan (still needs more work) but with his hair I need to improve upon it a lot cause it just looks really bad.

Ts30Gz8.png

lnmRcwP.png

Here are some standing sprites for Sasuke and Kakashi.

qMOY6ZN.png

dmrHh6x.png

Edited by Mecha_Azrid

Did this portrait of Ex-Aid Level 2: Mighty Action X from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid. The head turned out reasonable well but the body and shoulders definitely need improvement especially those shoulder pads...they're really weird looking. Obviously since he's wearing a helmet no face or moth frames :P

bpXzcYJ.png

Kamen Rider Brave portrait. I think this turned out quite nicely just need more adjustments on the shoulder pads, that said it's a lot better than Ex-Aid's one which I still need to fix up. I do need to fix up all of their mini portraits.

brave_portrait_by_mecha_azrid-dbmgqhq.pn

snipe_portrait_by_mecha_azrid-dbmgqlk.pn

Kamen Rider Para-DX portrait. The body turned out nicely with the angle but the head, more specifically the mask and the eyes, need to be fixed because it just looks off to me. I might also change the colour of the red to be a bit more dull or maybe just changing the darkest tone to a more darker tone.

para_dx_portrait_by_mecha_azrid-dbmgqwt.

Another revamp of an OC Blake. The back of his head/hair where it meets the headband needs tweaking but overall happy with the look of this character I might make the outlines for the "scales" near his left eye to be more distinct.

ysqVgXO.png

I can see you're trying here with the customs, but there are a lot of problems. On the middle one, his eyes very slanted and he doesn't really have eyebrows(I'm a little confused as to what is up to date). The trim on all of them you spent too much effort trying to anti alias and not enough trying to make it into a smooth shape and line. You shouldn't ever have trim connected just by the corner, each line should end in a sort of transition rectangle where the it shadowed. ZVGBCti.png <- example. The blocks can be made smaller depending on how you shade them. The inside of the collar being skin tone is kind of weird. The scales look more like a tattoo, if you want them to look like scales I would suggest using the second or third skin shades to make them a little more blended into the skin. For the hair on the far right, the colors could use a little more context and I think you should ref like Forde's hair pretty closely to make it look better. A lot of your pixel fundamentals could use work but it's a start.

Starting from the left to the right, left being the very first one that I did ages ago leading up to the right final conclusion where I revamped it. Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely use them to fix these up.

Taking a quick break from Fire Emblem style sprites and going back to revamping some of my older works. Revamped this Ichigo sprite that I was going to use for this LF2 mod that I was working on with my team, I used his newest outfit.

fyNti3r.png

So here is the first pack of sprites that I am going to be use within my team's LF2 mod. Keep in mind that most of these sprites are within their alpha stages so they are not the finalised versions with the exemption of a few. In terms of abilities and outfits we are setting them to be when they were in their prime, so for example Tsuna Rainbow Arc, Ichigo Holy War Arc, etc...

all_stars__bof_characters_by_mecha_azrid

Note of things that I have noticed that I will need to fix:

• Need to fix the shading on Gon's hair.
  • Zoro's sword need more tweaking possibly adding a slight angle to them.
  • Hitsugaya's face and hair need to be fixed and he needs to be more short by a few pixels. His captain coat also needs fixing (on our left).
  • Naruto's left arm (our right) might be changed to a better position and his outfit needs to be redone so it's from The Last.
  • Sasuke's outfit needs to be redone so it's from The Last.
  • Natsu's stance in general needs to be completely reworked.
  • Shoulder pads for Seiya need to be tweaked, maybe adding dimension?, they just look weird and his head seem to be a bit smaller in comparison to his whole body.
  • Tsuna's gloves need to be redone so they match his Vongola Gear x X Gloves.
Edited by Mecha_Azrid

mfRefC1.png

Non sprite works:

Character Selection

1BB50CP.png

Character Icon, Frame and Bars

yfm15uQ.png

Note of changes:

• Hitsugaya's height was placed down a few pixels.
  • Added in Sanji (One Piece)
  • Added in Itachi (Naruto)
  • Added in Goku & Vegeta (Dragon Ball Super)
  • I changed Seiya so he dons the Sagittarius cloth and I made his head a bit bigger than before.
  • Tsuna's gloves and outfit has been changed to fit what he wore during the Rainbow Arc - has the Vongola Gear x X Gloves.

Note of things that I have noticed that I will need to fix:

• Need to fix the shading on Gon's hair.
  • Zoro's sword need more tweaking possibly adding a slight angle to them.
  • Hitsugaya's captain coat needs fixing (on our left).
  • Naruto's left arm (our right) might be changed to a better position.
  • Natsu's stance in general needs to be completely reworked.

These are pretty good! Kinda cute. The One Piece ones seem a little different stylistically, though I could see that being on purpose. Some of the dark areas are a little muddled. The biggest issue I see is that the wings on the one guy don't look that great, look up some references for wings and you can improve them. Overall they're pretty good!