My neighbors have the most annoying dog in the world

Ronnie

All around my neighborhood, there are dogs that just won't shut up because their owners just leave them outside all day and hardly interact with them.  Somewhat recently had some neighbors move in from across the street, and their dogs could be heard from just about anywhere indoors.

Though as annoying as it is, it's infinitely better than this one dumbfuck, chip-on-his-shoulder snowplow dude who kept ruining all the work my brother and I put towards clearing our driveway and sidewalks and making it hard for me to pull my car out.  After we plowed the snow off our property, he'd essentially push a bunch back onto it, thinking that he was "helping".  After a particularly harsh year where we kept telling him to stop plowing around our house (and the guy refusing to listen like the dickhead he was), he moved out with his bitter, rotten wife, and we got loud-barking dog family in their place.

It doesn't help that deer frequent the neighborhood, or that one of the neighbors occasionally has someone bring horses to their yard for a short time...  For the record, I have three dogs, and they can get vocal at times as well.  The difference is, we actively take steps to keep them from disrupting neighbors.  They also spend a good chunk of time in the company of their owners, instead of outside, tied to a post with a short leash.

Ngghhhhhh.... I feel ya, man. Every neighbor within hearing range of my house seems to own a dog, and those dogs. Never. Shut. Up. And it goes anywhere from half an hour to a whole hour. The people across from me have puppies (I think), and they whine very often, plus the big one howls whenever paramedics drive by. Along with their damned squawking parrot, they're the most annoying things on the planet imo. And to top it all off, just about none of my neighbors ever shut their dogs up. When they get obnoxious like the one in your vid, not a single owner comes out to shush them or discipline them or anything. My neighborhood is seemingly full of idiots, and I hate dogs because of them. Granted, I've always preferred cats over dogs even when I was little. The worst part is not being able to do a thing to put a stop to it all. I'll cherish the day I move out...

And to think all you had to do was stand at the freaking door to get their attention. The moment anyone sets foot on our street, the dogs go ballistic. ...So yeah, I sympathize with you 1000%. I am so glad I'm not alone in this.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

9 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Ngghhhhhh.... I feel ya, man. Every neighbor within hearing range of my house seems to own a dog, and those dogs. Never. Shut. Up. And it goes anywhere from half an hour to a whole hour. The people across from me have puppies (I think), and they whine very often, plus the big one howls whenever paramedics drive by. Along with their damned squawking parrot, they're the most annoying things on the planet imo. And to top it all off, just about none of my neighbors ever shut their dogs up. When they get obnoxious like the one in your vid, not a single owner comes out to shush them or discipline them or anything. My neighborhood is seemingly full of idiots, and I hate dogs because of them. Granted, I've always preferred cats over dogs even when I was little. The worst part is not being able to do a thing to put a stop to it all. I'll cherish the day I move out...

And to think all you had to do was stand at the freaking door to get their attention. The moment anyone sets foot on our street, the dogs go ballistic. ...So yeah, I sympathize with you 1000%. I am so glad I'm not alone in this.

See I love dogs. Big dogs actually. Small dogs are generally noisy demons. I wish the owner would come outside so I could tell them to keep their dog quiet. When I took care of my boss' dog (who was a big dog) he'd only bark at squirrels or mailmen and I'd just shout at him and he stayed silent. I wish every dog owner would do the same or at least train them better.

This reminds me on yesterday when I had to bring a letter to someone's mailbox. I was welcomed by four (aggressive) dogs who were kept in a cage thankfully. They were barkling without break. I know they were guard dogs but it always annoys me and also gives me an uncomfortable feeling when a dog is permanently barkling at me.
It also happened multiple times that a neighbour's guard dog which was allowed to move outside, even chased me barking. It scared me so much that I kicked the dog to leave me alone. Was close to the moment to call the police. It's not fun at all if you're haunted by a dog and you don't know what it wants to do.
This is only one of multiple reason why I prefer cats much more than dogs.

Edited by Reimu Hakurei

awww

I love doggos but when they bark like mad it's actually really fucking annoying though so I understand. We have three and sometimes they bark like lunatics but that's usually when people come over and they chill after a bit. So it's not as bad as that doggo. It's still kind of shitty though.

Side note: Why is it usually the small dogs that tend to be super yappy and don't calm down?

1 hour ago, Umbran Darros said:

Side note: Why is it usually the small dogs that tend to be super yappy and don't calm down?

I always liked to the think of it as Napoleon complex.