Fire Emblem 4 Echoes Ideas

NewTypeEldie

While the huge maps can sometimes be a flaw I don't think making them smaller is the solution. I think a much better solution would be to put more stuff in them. Put in minor fortresses, more commanders with unique faces and slightly higher stats, more villages, bandit hideouts and natural chokepoints you can chose to force through or evade with a longer route around it and the like. 

Maybe even put in some sidequest where villagers ask you to destroy bandit hideouts, minor enemy commanders could withdraw if you save towns from bandits, one castle shop wants you to transport one item to another castle and the like.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Castle should also be used for marriage. When certain characters have a S rank with each other, you may choose the option Marry in the Castle, choose the units and then declare their marriage officially (with a small animated scene, like with Promotions).

Also, I've seen two iconic elements of FE4 being criticized: The Pawn Shop and the large maps. The Pawn Shop is as rooted in FE4's mechanics as Gaiden's arts and spells system, it is responsible for most of the game's inventory management and its challenges, which is why in my opinion it should be kept. I think the characters should still limit themselves to the Pawn Shop, but make it so that married units can trade with each other.

As for big maps, I think we should keep them (because FE4 intentionally gives the feel of facing a large scale war with many things happening at once), but also keep the ability to save after conquering a castle. It should also show more story stuff before continuing with the chapter (to be fair, FE4 is full of "tell, don't show" narrated scenes that could be adapted into animations).

I'd like extra chapters like FE12's, where you get to play historical battles mentioned during the game, such as Leinster's Fall, Alvis' conquest of Silesia (which could be an entire campaign, as could Ares' reconquest of Agustria and Jamka's children's reconquest of Verdane), the Miracle of Darna, Leif retaking the castle from Chapter 6 (prior to its events), Sety defending what's-that-castle's-name-again (from Chapter 7) from Thracia.

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

The Pawn Shop is as rooted in FE4's mechanics as Gaiden's arts and spells system, it is responsible for most of the game's inventory management and its challenges, which is why in my opinion it should be kept.

The thing is, with Gaiden/SoV's Arts and Spells, you need them to progress through the game (well, more Spells than Arts, since Arts are entirely optional). Whereas with the Pawn Shop, it's just something that just drags the player down, usually because a unit who got a weapon he can't use has to go all the way to a castle and sell it, so that a suitable unit can buy it. It just wastes time. Yes, there's the Return Staff but that's not always available. And even then, the unit would have to make a long trek back to catch up with the rest of the group.

Gaiden/SoV is built around it's Spell system. Because of how terrain works, mages are amazing but they still needed some handicap to prevent them from being too OP. Meanwhile, FE4's Pawn Shop is just a hindrance to the player. Because there's no reason to why units shouldn't be able to trade normally.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Because there's no reason to why units shouldn't be able to trade normally.

TOTALLY NOT TRUE.

Without the pawn shop, you could spam return/warp staff/rescue/dancing almost infinitely.

Or spamming Berserk/Sleep/Silence against enemy group.

Edited by hanhnn

1 minute ago, hanhnn said:

TOTALLY NOT TRUE.

Without the pawn shop, you could spam return/warp staff/rescue/dancing almost infinitely.

???

How does not having the Pawn Shop cause that? You're telling me that but not explaining why.

Also, Dancing is something only dancers can do. Given that you only have one per generation, Dancing isn't spammable. Return, Warp, and Rescue all have low uses, so spamming them is a bad thing.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

???

How does not having the Pawn Shop cause that? You're telling me that but not explaining why.

Also, Dancing is something only dancers can do. Given that you only have one per generation, Dancing isn't spammable. Return, Warp, and Rescue all have low uses, so spamming them is a bad thing.

Again, it is totally not true.

People do spam all those Return, Warp, and dancing altogether.

Edited by hanhnn

If they're doing for Geneology of the Holy War remake for the Echoes series, I wanted to see something get added to the game like:

• Possibly a Side Story DLC series focuses on the Substitute Characters, I kinda wondered what happened to them when they aren't on Seliph's army if one of their counterparts became existed when one of the mothers got married to any of the fathers. (Or could make a DLC map more similar to like Heirs of Fate from Fire Emblem Fates.)
  • Gaiden/Paralogue Chapters (most likely have one of the Thracia 776 characters be on the map for the second generation)
  • Wanted to see any Thracia 776 playable characters join in Seliph's army like Mareeta, Olwen, Eyvel, Fergus, etc. similar to like Archanea Saga appeared in New Mystery of the Emblem story plot.
  • I don't know about merging Thracia 776 story content to the game and use it as a DLC like Fates did or still keep them separated?
  • Make Arion playable.
  • Possibly have the rest of the Deadlords that didn't appeared in Thracia 776 connected to the other characters and have a portrait as well.
  • Add new characters playable and NPCs similar to like Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
  • Give them Full Voice Acting similar to like Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
  • Maybe make Finn the canon father of Nanna, Beowolf the canon father of Diarmuid, and Lewyn the canon father of Ced and Fee since they were mentioned in Thracia 776.
  • Add Support Conversation similar to like in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Edited by King Marth 64

Again, it is totally not true.

People do spam all those Return, Warp, and dancing altogether.

Ok, you're not making any sense. First you say not having the Pawn Shop will let people spam Return, Warp, and dancing. But now you're saying that people will do it anyway? What????

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok, you're not making any sense. First you say not having the Pawn Shop will let people spam Return, Warp, and dancing. But now you're saying that people will do it anyway? What????

I guess you don't play FE4, do you?

Pawn shop and Repair shop are related, people often do spam staff for Lachesis, Diadora, Edin, Ethlin, Sylvia in chapter 2.

If you think "low uses, so spamming them is a bad thing", there is always enough money to repair the staff, and spam them until they get promotes.

If Pawn shop is replaced by Trade, more than 1 unit can spam the same staff instead of just 1 unit.

On the other hand, Pawn shop also restricts people from 100* weapons abuse, so only 1 unit can use 100* Light Sword instead of, like a dozen units.

I guess you don't play FE4, do you?

No, i've played FE4 before. I hated it (the gameplay anyway+Sigurd). Then i tried playing it again to get a better opinion of it but the abysmal gameplay just ruined it for me.

3 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Pawn shop and Repair shop are related, people often do spam staff for Lachesis, Diadora, Edin, Ethlin, Sylvia in chapter 2.

If you think "low uses, so spamming them is a bad thing", there is always enough money to repair the staff, and spam them until they get promotes.

If Pawn shop is replaced by Trade, more than 1 unit can spam the same staff instead of just 1 unit.

Ok, so Trading would still be better then. The minimum promotion level in this game is 20, and that hurts Staff-locked units the most. If there's a way to level them all up faster, why wouldn't i want to do it?

6 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

On the other hand, Pawn shop also restricts people from 100* weapons abuse, so only 1 unit can use 100* Light Sword instead of, like a dozen units.

Or, you could make it so that each unit has to earn the 100*, regardless of it was traded or not. Like Arts in SoV. Only units that have earned the 100* can use that weapon kill bonus.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No, i've played FE4 before. I hated it (the gameplay anyway+Sigurd). Then i tried playing it again to get a better opinion of it but the abysmal gameplay just ruined it for me.

Ok, so Trading would still be better then. The minimum promotion level in this game is 20, and that hurts Staff-locked units the most. If there's a way to level them all up faster, why wouldn't i want to do it?

Or, you could make it so that each unit has to earn the 100*, regardless of it was traded or not. Like Arts in SoV. Only units that have earned the 100* can use that weapon kill bonus.

It's not just about that.

It's about spamming Sleep/Berserk/Silence against enemies, about 1 unique weapon/staff or rings/bracelets can only be used by 1 unit at the same time.

Edited by hanhnn

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

FE4's Pawn Shop is just a hindrance to the player. Because there's no reason to why units shouldn't be able to trade normally.

By allowing free trade, we also allow other units to fix weapons that the original unit couldn't because they lacked funds, thus much of the difficulty obtaining better gear or fixing overpowered gear (staves, Holy and Brave Weapons) is lost. It also makes it easier to staff abuse all the way through chapters with Warp/Return/Berserk/Silence because we have 3 staff users by Chapter 2, then 4 by Chapter 3, and dancers refresh 4 units instead of only 1. It also allows Elite Ring abuse and makes the Bargain skill unimportant for most of the game.

I don't know, it seems this will bring more balance issues to be fixed than any gameplay progress, but it could be tried I guess.

55 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

It's about spamming Sleep/Berserk/Silence against enemies,

Wait, Berserk was in this game? I remember Sleep and Silence being in the game. I don't remember Berserk. Wasn't that introduced in FE5 instead?

41 minutes ago, Rapier said:

By allowing free trade, we also allow other units to fix weapons that the original unit couldn't because they lacked funds, thus much of the difficulty obtaining better gear or fixing overpowered gear (staves, Holy and Brave Weapons) is lost. It also makes it easier to staff abuse all the way through chapters with Warp/Return/Berserk/Silence because we have 3 staff users by Chapter 2, then 4 by Chapter 3, and dancers refresh 4 units instead of only 1. It also allows Elite Ring abuse and makes the Bargain skill unimportant for most of the game.

I mean, you could figure out alternatives by allowing free Trade (i'm only saying this because it's late. I'll come back tomorrow with some possible alternatives for allowing free Trade).

FE4 is weird now that i think about it. The way the game is made up, any one thing changed is causes a chain reaction, and then a lot of things have to be changed.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, Berserk was in this game? I remember Sleep and Silence being in the game. I don't remember Berserk. Wasn't that introduced in FE5 instead?

I mean, you could figure out alternitaves by allowing free Trade.

FE4 is weird now that i think about it. The way the game is made up, any one thing changed is causes a chain reaction, and then a lot of things have to be changed.

derp, true, Berserk isn't in the game.

Also, isn't that true for most games?

The alternatives I could think of is making Lachesis and Ethlin have a lesser rank for using Warp and Silence until Promotion (I think that's already in the game, but I don't remember). As for funds, maybe it'd work if we had a general funds system like we have in modern FEs, so that it becomes harder to carry scrub units and maintain holy weapons and such. But I still don't know if it'd work that well in practice.

29 minutes ago, Rapier said:

derp, true, Berserk isn't in the game.

Technically Berserk is in the game. As far as I can remember, Fee comes with a Berserk sword, which, I believe, is the only way to inflict Berserk in the game.

53 minutes ago, Rapier said:

As for funds, maybe it'd work if we had a general funds system like we have in modern FEs, so that it becomes harder to carry scrub units and maintain holy weapons and such. But I still don't know if it'd work that well in practice.

FE4's fund and trade system is unique in the whole series, copy elements that is widely used in the rest of the series will make it less unique.

A general funds system would also means to change the arena system too.

Edited by hanhnn

10 hours ago, Rapier said:

As for funds, maybe it'd work if we had a general funds system like we have in modern FEs, so that it becomes harder to carry scrub units and maintain holy weapons and such. But I still don't know if it'd work that well in practice.

It might. The Pawn Shop's biggest issue is how it forces backtracking. So by having free Trade and general funds, this issue is fixed.

Of course, to be quite honest, FE4's gameplay needs a lot of fixing, so this alone might not solve the problem.

10 hours ago, hanhnn said:

A general funds system would also means to change the arena system too.

Not really. Arenas would still function the same, except everybody gets the gold this time.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

12 hours ago, Rapier said:

It has only 1 use, and is really expensive, but it's in the game. It does require killing/old maiding Silvia, since Charlot is necessary to obtain it (and Laylea gets the Barrier Sword as well). 

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's exclusive to Sharlow, who's Corple's replacement character if Sylvia didn't marry anyone.

Some of my ideas:

• updated graphics and artstyle. Pretty obvious but I'll mention it anyways. I wouldn't mind if some characters were revamped, but the majority of the playable cast should look the same. I wouldn't mind seeing Arden, maybe Chulainn, and all the villains get a revamp. Maybe some of the substitutes as well (maybe Femina would look like her own character, and not Fee without earrings.)
  • 2nd generation kids will have a different hair color depending on who they're father is, like Awakening. I think this may be interesting, because your army could potentially look different every playthrough. It may encourage more pairings. The only children I'm skeptical about is Arthur and Tinny, due to their heritage. But since Amid and Linda don't have silver, either change theirs to silver or build more of a narrative around different hair color. For example, Tinny was more isolated by Ishtore and Ishtar because she didn't have silver hair. Hilda looked down upon her and called Tinny "soiled blood".
  • New characters: I think adding a male dark mage after Deidre "leaves" the group could be nice. It makes up for the lack of light/dark magic you lose and adds another magical father, so Tailtiu's kids really benefit from this, and to a smaller extent, Erinys, Sylvia, Lachesis, and Edain's children. Not sure how the corresponding unit would work though. Maybe another female knight? She could be the first female cross knight and a confidant of Lachesis. Or maybe make Grahnye (Eldigan's wife) and Ethnia (Tailtiu's sister) playable if certain conditions are met; neither of them need to be paired though.
  • Tweak the "trade" system. If you give money to a unit, we should be able to choose how much, rather than just dump it all. Characters should be able to give money if their support is high enough.
  • Base Conversations. If at a castle or a camp. You should be able to converse with the characters.
  • Make staves a little bit cheaper to fix. Damn those things are expensive.
  • Clearly define the holy blood inheritance system. It's very inconsistent. For example, why does Ced/Arthur get major holy blood but their sisters don't? Why can't Lana be the one to inherit Claude's major holy blood?
  • Maybe split up Ch.2 and Ch.7? Those chapters are already pretty long. Leaf & Co. could be a gaiden chapter.

Anyways, as for the format of the game, I don't mind the original layout, it really gives a grand battle field feel. That being said, I also wouldn't mind if they gave the game a complete overhaul and made it more like a normal Fire Emblem game. Sure, it loses its charm and individuality, but it could be massively easier to play, since the huge maps are often criticized. Chapters can be split into 3 or 4 parts, so the game will end up around 36 chapters instead. This is how I would break it down. NOTE: I actually broke it down into 45 parts. Whoops. There's a lot of shit that goes down in this game. Tbh maybe a few of these chapters can get cut. Granted, I counted gaidens as well, with the split happening after Chapter 24... Maybe they just need their own game? Alas this was a ride to type. 

Spoiler

Prologue- 3 chapters- 1)fighting the Verdanians, 2) retaking Jungby, 3)the bridge and Evans castle. Arvis will appear at the end of Chapter 2 if certain conditions are met.

Ch.1- 4 chapters- 1)Recruiting Aira and dealing with the first brother, 2)rescuing Edain + Dew and taking on the second brother, 3) Spirit Forest battle, recruiting Edain and recruiting boss Jamka. 4)Marching into castle Verdane and fighting Sandima.

Ch.2- 5 chapters- 1)Save Lachesis, 2) counter attack Heirhein, 2x) If certain conditions are met, a gaiden chapter involving Lewyn and Sylvia can be initiated in the Great Agustrian Forest. 4)Conquer Amphony. 5) Take on Agusty. This will still a long battle. Erinys will be recruited here.

Ch.3- 4 chapters- 1)Battle at Madino, 2)Lionheart Eldigan- Eldigan's battle, 2) Siege of Silvail, both an indoor and outdoor castle battle (so in the gardens and stuff), similar to SoV's battle with King Rudolf, complete with Travant trying to flank you. 4) Pirate battle- maybe Brigid, Claude, and Tailtiu were captured instead and are escaping from the pirate fortress, so you have to rescue them.

Ch. 4- tbh this one is kind of weird to break up, so I'll go with 4- 1) Defensive mission. Assault led by Erinys' rival. 2)Fight with that one uncle. 3) By now we know that the capital is overtaken and Mahnya is dead. Hopefully this scene is CG. So it's a retake Sileesia map. A 2 parter chapter. An outside portion and a (3-2)castle interior portion. 4) Calming Sileesia.

Ch. 5- 4 chapters 1)Save Sigurd's dad and battle Andorey, 2) battle Lex's dad, 3) crawl through the desert (RIP you know who), 4) battle Tailtiu's dad, then enjoy the CG bbq

Ch.6- 4 chapters 1) battle the army coming your way, 2) battle the brothers, 3) this chapter will change depending on who you recruited, 4) battle Lex's brother

Ch.7- 5 chapters 1)combing the desert, 1x or 2x)Leaf and Co. map. Gaiden chapter, 2) battling Ishtore, Bramsel's troops will try to flank, 3) Siege of Darna, Lene/Laylea will be in a similar predictament to Mathilda in SoV. Maybe they're in a hanging cage for drama right outside the castle. Could be a cool CG moment. There could potentially be 2 CGs scenes here, depending on who the dancer is. Or it could be like that one scene in Star Wars where Jabba the Hut sends that girl down the cage, except no monster kills our dancer. Or maybe only triggers with Laylea if Lene has a different hair color. Or maybe she'll have a headpiece on it. Details details. 4)Taking on Blume, the Magi Trio, and recruiting Tinny.

Ch.8- 3 chapters 1)Ishtar is main boss, but there's plenty of other sub bosses and your troops are split, 2) taking that one castle whose name I forget, 3)coming to Ced's aid

Ch.9- 4 chapters tbh I think some of the strategic value in these 4 are loss, since you now don't have to spread your troops are much, but IS will find something... hopefully, anyways 1)fight Hannibal, 2) Capture Luthrecia, 3) Open Grutia's gate, 4) Assault on Thracia

Ch. 10- 4 chapter 1)Open Rados' gate, 2) Battling Ishtar and Julius in Miletos, 3) Getting back onto Granvale soil + save Palmark, 4) Arvis Castle battle. Maybe add a fountain in the castle that way when Seliph stand nears it, that scene will trigger.

Final Chapter- 5 chapters 1)Defend Chalpy from Edda forces and Andrei's forces. 2) March onto Freege, battling Hilda. Julia may reappear on this map. If not killed, 3) Kill Manfroy, free Julia, 4)The Deadlord battle, 5) Finale with Julius, maybe a 2 stage boss, one in human form, one in dragon form.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 2:27 PM, GreatHylian said:

Now that Shadows of Valentia has been released and has found success in Japan and all over the world, it seems like IS wants to continue the "Echoes" sub-series. For now it seems like they're leaning toward remaking Binding Blade but I can still hope that Genealogy of the Holy War will get a glorious and proper remake. Assuming that a Genealogy Echoes will be released, what kind of things do you want to see in it? I have a few ideas:

• Lots and lots of animated cut scenes. GotHW has the best story in FE so I would love to see as much of it developed as possible. Side-stories, flashbacks, all that good stuff.

I'm ok with something like this.

• Breaks during the chapters. It not news to anyone that the maps are huge and have a lot of empty space, so breaking them up with cut scenes and a camp or something will make the maps less overwhelming.

Giant maps are kind of the FE4 thing. Personally, I love it. 

• Add the possibility to get ALL holy weapons. Make it so Lex's kids can inherit Helswath and Azel's kids can get Valflame, etc.

I'm gonna say no. I liked how this game showed not everyone was going to fight on the right side. Also, the charters who could possibly use those unobtainable holy weapons all have minor blood (at least as I recall).

• Return of the Turnwheel mechanic but obviously with some other lore-friendly gimmick

Like others have said assuming the save feature doesn't make it back in then sure.

• More lovers(support) conversations for all the characters

I fully agree. Even if they used the support conversation formula like they have been using since FE6.

• Bonus chapters for other scenarios like Ares retaking Agustria

Sure why not. I think inside the castle levels could be fun too. For example, instead of fighting Alvis outside his castle you have to go inside and play a small side chapter with a handful of units 

• Excellent orchestrations of the OST and new music

Yes for sure 

• Fully voice acted(or mostly like SoV)

Again for sure 

• Being able to pair Seliph and Julia without a glitch

Others have explained in full detail so no need for me to.

• Adapt that sweet, sweet Eldigan arc from the Oosawa manga

I'll need to reread it.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:36 PM, Armagon said:

Genealogy of the Holy War is my least favorite FE (tied with Thracia.....yeah, i don't like Jugdral that much), but then thing is, i want to like it but the gameplay is abysmal. So for a remake, here's what i'm hoping they would do.

1. Reduce the size of the maps but keep the layout the same. An FE4 remake can keep it's unique "seize multiple castles" thing, just on a smaller scale. It's been done before. Ch.27 in Hector's Mode of FE7 does this. In addition, making the maps smaller reduces the gap between mounted units and infantry units. That way, FE4 is no longer horse emblem and non-mounted units have a chance to shine. Even Arden would get his chance.

An interesting idea. Like I said above I personally love the big maps FE4 had. But if you could keep the multi castle theme as well as events around them the same without splitting up the maps I might be on board. 

1. Make the minimum promotion level not 20. In FE4, Staff-users suffered from taking way too long to promote. Having the promotion level be at 10 would help them.

I see what you're saying but 10 is too early. I'm ok with 20 but I'd be willing to bend at like 15.

1. Bandits should not start near, or on top of the villages. Bandits shouldn't spawn in an area of the map you haven't accessed yet either *cough* Ch.2 *cough*.

Never bugged me but I wouldn't care if they changed it either.

1. Replace the Skill system with Arts. Arts are better than Skills because you don't have to rely on RNG to activate them. This isn't a big deal though. I wouldn't mind Skills returning. I just prefer Arts.

Why not both?

1. That thing where the enemy can switch weapons during the player phase, take that out. It's unfair that the enemy can switch weapons during the player phase but the player can't during the enemy phase.

Hahaha I hear ya but personally I thought it was funny.

1. Make non-Holy Blood units not suck.

While I've never had too many problems I can agree with this.

1. Get rid of the Pawn Shop entirely. Why does it exist when literally every other game in the series had regular Trading?

If they did a remake I could see them getting rid of the pawn shop. However, I liked it because it made me think and manage my funds. If you could trade like any of the other games then everyone will pass items like the elite ring back and forth to each other for free. I think a limit would be fine like maybe lovers can trade items but everyone else has to do it the old FE4 way.

1. The Love System should be handled like Support Conversations that have appeared in most games. FE4 kinda had conversations, but they were pretty rare. Plus, having Support Conversations would make the romance between two characters easier to follow. We'd actually get to see them grow in their relationship.

100% agree and you could guarantee who was hooking up with who.

1. This isn't gameplay related but Sigurd could use some improvement. He's my least favorite Lord and I always found him to be boring in the game, yet, the Oosawa manga made Sigurd much, much more likable as a character. I'd like to see Sigurd's adaptation in the Oosawa manga implemented into a potential remake.

Sigurd in game doesn't bug me as a character but I would be ok with your mentioned changes. Also maybe this is just me but I'd love to see him have a few extra skills.

If a FE4 remake was ever done I personally wouldn't want it to change too much. However, with that being said I wouldn't mind a few improvements in addition to what has been said above.

1. Something like weather conditions could be fun. FE7 did this and I thought it was a nice touch.

2. Make me care. I'm talking about the two brothers in chapter 6 and Hannibal. The two brothers aren't very good and ultimately I don't care who I have. I made a FE4 hack where one had elite and the other bargain. Something like this would allow the player to have to make a choice. As for Hannibal I always got the impression he was like a total badass general but he's not all that great as a unit and is kind of a hassle to get. In that same hack I did I made sure he was worth it. I made him a baron and gave him all the sword skills (sol, luna, abd astra). Now maybe they don't need to go to that extreme but something to make him stand out would be cool.

3. Don't nerf skills. Like don't make astra only do half damage for every hit. In FE4 it did full.

4. Personal skills like fates had would be ok. 

5. Diedre should do more and have more of a chance to be played. Like maybe a side chapter or something?

7. Maybe Fin in generation 2 can have an additional skill. I mean it has been many years and I'm sure he continued to train. In my hack I was talking about I have him the life skill for gen 2 in addition to his others he had before.

8. Maybe enemies can have more skill options. 

9. Please don't make certain pairings canon like FE5 did. For instance I never use Beowulf and I ways kept him in the castle and therefore can't be anyone's father. With that being said he can't be Delmunds dad. Maybe just nitpicking on my part but I thought some of the charm of FE4 was the different combination of pairings.

Really I just hope that if this game was remade they wouldn't mess with it too much. I thought Echoes did a good job with keeping it fresh but not stepping on the toes of the original. 

Edited by Guy Starwind

On 8/15/2017 at 10:50 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

While the huge maps can sometimes be a flaw I don't think making them smaller is the solution. I think a much better solution would be to put more stuff in them. Put in minor fortresses, more commanders with unique faces and slightly higher stats, more villages, bandit hideouts and natural chokepoints you can chose to force through or evade with a longer route around it and the like. 

Maybe even put in some sidequest where villagers ask you to destroy bandit hideouts, minor enemy commanders could withdraw if you save towns from bandits, one castle shop wants you to transport one item to another castle and the like.

Sorry for the double post on my part but yes this is something I can fully support and is a great idea. The idea is so simple but makes so much sense.

With that being said maybe they could have different castle taking over objectives for the main game too instead of just having your lord claim the castle.

Once again sorry for the double post.

Edited by Guy Starwind

On 21/8/2017 at 9:07 AM, Dandy Druid said:

Clearly define the holy blood inheritance system. It's very inconsistent. For example, why does Ced/Arthur get major holy blood but their sisters don't? Why can't Lana be the one to inherit Claude's major holy blood?

Gamplaywise, every child gets the Holy Blood from the parent of their own sex, the exceptions being Altenna and Faval; lorewise it's all messed up and probably best left unexplained.