What is your favorite pokemon Soundtrack?

DisobeyedCargo

Favorite soundtracks from the main series!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite soundtrack in the main series?

• Red/Blue/Green/Yellow
    • Gold/Silver/Crystal
    • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    • Firered/Leafgreen
    • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    • Heartgold/Soulsilver
    • Black/White
    • Black 2/White 2
    • X/Y
    • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
    • Sun/Moon

Ive been genuinely curious as to what the general opinions are for the soundtracks arr the most popular in the main series pokemon games. So I decided to make a poll. You don't have to explain why it's your favorite, but you can if you want to. You can also vote for multiple soundtracks if you can't decide.

for me, my favorite is the Black and White/ Black 2 White 2 soundtracks because they have such a large and diverse amount of music in them, I feel it is the most complete of soundtracks in the series.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Black and White have so much good music; town, route and battle themes all stand out.

Sun and Moon have good battle themes and "incidental"/character themes along with some good town themes, though the lack of variety among route music is its biggest drawback.

Gen 3. It's the most nostalgic soundtrack since it was my first Pokémon game. I absolutely love the sound font used in the GBA and those trumpets and french horns are magnificent.

Gen 6 (X/Y) had the weakest soundtrack imo. The other half of Gen 6 (OR/AS) is great though!

Edited by Ronnie

Hmm...

I have no opinion on Gens I and II, and I think Firered and Leafgreen were nothing out of the ordinary either. In addition, I found the original Ruby and Sapphire had better themes than their remakes, so that's four soundtracks out of the equation for me.

Sun and Moon had good character and battle themes, but was lacking in locations. X and Y were the opposite, having great route and city themes but not the best in battle.

Gen V was indeed good, but I definitely don't think they're the best. The same goes for Heartgold and Soulsilver.

Alright, my votes go to X and Y, Sun and Moon, and Diamond and Pearl. Gens VI and VII for the aforementioned reasons, and Gen IV because it overall had a good, balanced soundtrack (and a bit of nostalgia).

18 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Hmm...

I have no opinion on Gens I and II, and I think Firered and Leafgreen were nothing out of the ordinary either. In addition, I found the original Ruby and Sapphire had better themes than their remakes, so that's four soundtracks out of the equation for me.

Sun and Moon had good character and battle themes, but was lacking in locations. X and Y were the opposite, having great route and city themes but not the best in battle.

Gen V was indeed good, but I definitely don't think they're the best. The same goes for Heartgold and Soulsilver.

Alright, my votes go to X and Y, Sun and Moon, and Diamond and Pearl. Gens VI and VII for the aforementioned reasons, and Gen IV because it overall had a good, balanced soundtrack (and a bit of nostalgia).

A lot of people underrate the diamond/Pearl soundtrack, but I feel it's also a very strong one. It had a mix of good route themes that made me want to continue in the route, great encounter themes, and some of the best battle themes I've ever heard (how could you ever forget Giratina's battle theme!)

29 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I've always loved 3rd Gens music (I love everything about 3rd period). But the updates they did for ORAS... my god I love it.

I feel you there. Gen three had some really good themes, but I think ORAS really trumped gen 3 with remasteres like route 113 and the rival battle theme, with awesome originals like Zinnia's encounter and Battle theme. 

Voted for ORAS and BW2. 

Sun/Moon has great character and battle themes, but the route themes are meh. Sinnoh has some great tracks too. But I forgot to vote for it :(

10 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Voted for ORAS and BW2. 

Sun/Moon has great character and battle themes, but the route themes are meh. Sinnoh has some great tracks too. But I forgot to vote for it :(

You can vote for more than two soundtracks. 

The route themes in Sun and Moon were pretty similar between each other IMO.

I'm partial to Black//White, especially for environmental/town music . I think Dreamyard and Route 10 are my favorites. I don't really like it's battle music as much though. Red and Blue are probably a distant second mostly because of hearing them remixed in Pokemon Stadium I think Ruby/saphire has the best battle music (including for legendaries). 

• 1 month later...

BW/B2W2 both get my actual vote, with Sun and Moon getting a vote because of a few select songs that I particularly like out of the soundtrack. They're typically used for cutscenes, and unless I'm remembering incorrectly, no area uses any of the same style, but they're honestly my favorite part of the OST. Hopefully USUM has area themes using the style of them, although I have to say, I already think it will based on what we've already heard. I hope and pray that Necrozma's new battle theme will use the same instrumentation.

I have to with gen 2 partly due to it being the most fun gen but mostly cause I always found myself humming along especially when Eusine or the rival was near.

Considering HG/SS has both remade tracks and a good crack at the chiptune originals, I probably should pick it because Jhoto.

But I'm not going to. Black 2/White 2 wins out. It does have a lot of the good track from B/W and has more good stuff itself.