Female Robin Gameplay

Jedi

1 minute ago, Nym said:

There's actually a combo when you see her using Dark magic (0:34)

That is most likely Robin's Awakened attack, which has yet to be seen in any video containing Male Robin. For all we know, both of them could have it. Not that I'm denying that it could be dark magic.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Frederick or someone new has to be next now. Please be Freddy... He's being left out in the cold here! This is twice now that he's the only character with no gameplay footage shown.

Popularity is not an argument anymore either, as female Robin is not that popular, and neither is Lissa, yet they've both gotten some gameplay shown.

Actually, F!Robin is actually very popular. In fact, in Awakening, she was more popular than M!Robin. Not to mention she could have the heavily coveted Galeforce in Awakening as well. M!Robin surpassed her popularity because he was being shown around more in other games, being in the animated trailer of Smash Bros, an amiibo character in STEAM, Fates, and now Echoes. 

And this is me saying that despite how I love M!Robin more. 

But the next trailer HAS to be Frederick or new character. If no new character is shown or hinted at yet, Frederick is a shoe in for gameplay footage.

14 minutes ago, Nym said:

There's actually a combo when you see her using Dark magic (0:34)

Well considaring male Robin seems to be part of the team that helps the brother and sister, I assume that would be weird to have female Robin on the same side.

And that's part of Robin's Awakening Musou attack which we haven't seen in any video so far. I agree that it's Dark Magic, but that basically 99.99999999... etc. % confirms M!Robin to also use it as he's going to have the same Awakening Musou.

And F!Robin has been outright confirmed to have no role or appearance in the main story whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Awakening trailer didn't feature gameplay either though. Male Robin, Lissa, and Lucina were playable in a new demo instead, and Frederick was not. So he should be next unless they show a new character and skip him again...

And maybe, but I would rather this game not become Awakening Warriors with a little SD and Fates on the side. That's not really celebrating the series or trying to appeal to as many FE fans as possible.

They were, but that trailer was essentially hyping up which Awakening characters are liable to have a not-insignificant role in the story. Compare Cordelia and F!Robin who only have game trailers to their name which indicate that they might not be as important to the story as those four (and in F!Robin's case, outright has no role at all).

EDIT: @omegaxis1 Eh, the Robins were pretty similiar in terms of popularity, actually, even back in the Awakening days. I do agree that the spinoffs helped secure M!Robin as the more popular one though.

Edited by Folt

1 minute ago, Folt said:

They were, but that trailer was essentially hyping up which Awakening characters are liable to have a not-insignificant role in the story. Compare Cordelia and F!Robin who only have game trailers to their name which indicate that they might not be as important to the story as those four (and in F!Robin's case, outright has no role at all).

Yeah, but that's still beside the point. Awakening characters sans Frederick still had gameplay shown via a demo anyway, and ever since, he's been left out of this. It's really a slap in the face to Frederick fans. He's not insanely popular, but neither is Lissa or female Robin and he still seems to be liked well enough anyway.

If you're going to show gameplay for every new character you reveal, then don't skip any like this. It's just not cool.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, F!Robin is actually very popular. In fact, in Awakening, she was more popular than M!Robin. Not to mention she could have the heavily coveted Galeforce in Awakening as well. M!Robin surpassed her popularity because he was being shown around more in other games, being in the animated trailer of Smash Bros, an amiibo character in STEAM, Fates, and now Echoes. 

And this is me saying that despite how I love M!Robin more. 

But the next trailer HAS to be Frederick or new character. If no new character is shown or hinted at yet, Frederick is a shoe in for gameplay footage.

If she was popular, she isn't anymore. Male Robin has been beating her by a lot lately. Same with female Corrin. Female Robin isn't among popular avatar characters anymore.

But yes, the next trailer has to be Freddy or someone new. We did get hinted new characters though, the mounted female and male archer. So sadly, Frederick isn't a shoe-in here.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but that's still beside the point. Awakening characters sans Frederick still had gameplay shown via a demo anyway, and ever since, he's been left out of this. It's really a slap in the face to Frederick fans. He's not insanely popular, but neither is Lissa or female Robin and he still seems to be liked well enough anyway.

If you're going to show gameplay for every new character you reveal, then don't skip any like this. It's just not cool.

Well, yes, but the demo we got the first time around didn't let us play as Ryoma, Xander, or Lianna either with what little of their gameplay we saw being through the E3 demonstration. The characters for the latest story trailer didn't have a demonstration to go with them either.

So I can pretty much tell you that the demos we're getting is likely going to have story-important characters as playables and opponents, and Frederick just happened to be an opponent this time around.

@Anacybele I was jesting Ana xD.

13 minutes ago, Motendra said:

That is most likely Robin's Awakened attack, which has yet to be seen in any video containing Male Robin. For all we know, both of them could have it. Not that I'm denying that it could be dark magic.

7 minutes ago, Folt said:

And that's part of Robin's Awakening Musou attack which we haven't seen in any video so far. I agree that it's Dark Magic, but that basically 99.99999999... etc. % confirms M!Robin to also use it as he's going to have the same Awakening Musou.

And F!Robin has been outright confirmed to have no role or appearance in the main story whatsoever.

Idk, I would assume his Awakened attack would be the iconic Thoron.

But eh, maybe they will put a ''Super Smash'' for the Robins.

Just now, Nym said:

Idk, I would assume his Awakened attack would be the iconic Thoron.

We've already seen Thoron. In this game, it's an electric ball that gathers and shocks enemies before Robin fires it forward. It's part of his regular moveset.

Just now, Folt said:

We've already seen Thoron. In this game, it's an electric ball that gathers and shocks enemies before Robin fires it forward. It's part of his regular moveset.

What, I thought that was Elthunder

Her moveset looks to be identical to her male counterpart to me. At this rate there's no reason for her not to be an alt.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Like a Final Smash? But that would mean...

Breaking news: Chrom confirmed to be cut from the game, now demoted to Robin's Awakened attack (when he gets the Smash Ball)!

"I suppose I'll get my chance, another day." -Chrom

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

Nope. That's Thoron. He even shouted it.

That's weird.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Her moveset looks to be identical to her male counterpart to me. At this rate there's no reason for her not to be an alt.

Like a Final Smash? But that would mean...

Breaking news: Chrom confirmed to be cut from the game, now demoted to Robin's Awakened attack (when he gets the Smash Ball)!

"I suppose I'll get my chance, another day." -Chrom

That's not what I had in mind but I'll take it.

16 minutes ago, Folt said:

Well, yes, but the demo we got the first time around didn't let us play as Ryoma, Xander, or Lianna either with what little of their gameplay we saw being through the E3 demonstration. The characters for the latest story trailer didn't have a demonstration to go with them either.

So I can pretty much tell you that the demos we're getting is likely going to have story-important characters as playables and opponents, and Frederick just happened to be an opponent this time around.

But we still got to see SOME gameplay of them at all. What did we get for Frederick? Like one axe swing before the Lissa axe glitch happened. And some screenshots, but that's not footage. But that's all. Also, Marth and Lucina as well as Xander and Ryoma have pair-up special footage coming since they were the first and second place winners of the last poll. Frederick was in the other two options, but lost.

15 minutes ago, Nym said:

@Anacybele I was jesting Ana xD.

I hope you were. :P

Edited by Anacybele

But we still got to see SOME gameplay of them at all. What did we get for Frederick? Like one axe swing before the Lissa axe glitch happened.

We did get to see that he likely uses the Thunder element given some of the marks his axe left on the ground though.

Either way, I do not think we're guaranteed to see a Frederick gameplay video as the next gameplay video.

Just now, Folt said:

We did get to see that he likely uses the Thunder element given some of the marks his axe left on the ground though.

Either way, I do not think we're guaranteed to see a Frederick gameplay video as the next gameplay video.

Aka, pretty much nothing, like I said.

I'm not saying we're guaranteed to either, I'm just saying it would be the most fair thing to do at the moment. Also, I edited my previous post, in case you didn't see. Marth, Lucina, Xander, and Ryoma have pair-up special footage coming because they were the first and second place winners of the last poll. Poor Frederick again here too, he was in the other two options, but lost. Though that's on the voters, not Koei, so...

Aka, pretty much nothing, like I said.

He's also pretty slow with his axe swings, though his horse still lets him be mobile.

Anyways, I don't think we're going to get to play as Cordelia or F!Robin until the game actually comes out. Which leads me to this conclusion: A different flier (who's probably gonna be more important to the story) might be playable in another demo (or fightable, perhaps to demonstrate a playable archer's effectiveness or so).

Just now, Folt said:

He's also pretty slow with his axe swings, though his horse still lets him be mobile.

Anyways, I don't think we're going to get to play as Cordelia or F!Robin until the game actually comes out. Which leads me to this conclusion: A different flier (who's probably gonna be more important to the story) might be playable in another demo (or fightable, perhaps to demonstrate a playable archer's effectiveness or so).

We still hardly saw any moves and no specials or anything for him. What we've gotten so far is not satisfactory compared to what all the other characters got.

If a flier is playable in a demo, it'll probably be Camilla. I'd rather it be Cordelia, Hinoka, or Minerva...

As unfair as it is to Frederick, do keep in mind that, aside from his choice in weapon, his class is very similar to the class of a character who already had enough screen time to showcase the basic abilities of mounted units (Xander), with the only real difference between them is having more armor.

Cordy on the other hand is our first flying unit, so that goes without saying.

Then there's Robin, who is the first unit to not being included in the weapon triangle via the use of magic.

As far as visuals go, showcasing character classes was the goal, but why they chose to do so for Robin is unclear and actually somewhat odd, considering how a demo already does that for the male counterpart.

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

As unfair as it is to Frederick, do keep in mind that, aside from his choice in weapon, his class is very similar to the class of a character who already had enough screen time to showcase the basic abilities of mounted units (Xander), with the only real difference between them is having more armor.

Why do people keep saying Frederick should be a Xander clone? They don't even use the same weapon. They should be playing much differently, with Xander going for quick sword swipes and Frederick going for big wide axe swings that clear a lot of enemies.

Also, being similar didn't stop them from showing female Robin who looks to be a clone of her male self. I honestly expected her to be skipped here since she was surely just going to be a male Robin clone.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Well I am not seeing much of a difference between the male and female versions. Also  why Robin can levitate ever since the Smash Bros trailer? He/she couldn't do that in Awakening. 

Creative liberties. They couldn't use dark magic as a tactician either.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why do people keep saying Frederick should be a Xander clone? They don't even use the same weapon. They should be playing much differently, with Xander going for quick sword swipes and Frederick going for big wide axe swings that clear a lot of enemies.

Also, being similar didn't stop them from showing female Robin who looks to be a clone of her male self. I honestly expected her to be skipped here since she was surely just going to be a male Robin clone.

I'm not implying that he's a Xander clone. Rather, that the visual differences between their classes, Paladin and Great Knight, are minimal and as a result, would not be understood by mere visual showcase. Such differences would require having to go into detail, is what I mean.

I don't why you're mentioning Robin to me, when I had already addressed that.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Also  why Robin can levitate ever since the Smash Bros trailer? He/she couldn't do that in Awakening. 

Cause magic? It really... doesn't need that much justification, tbh. *shrug*

Edited by Motendra

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I'm not implying that he's a Xander clone. Rather, that the visual differences between their classes, Paladin and Great Knight, are minimal and as a result, would not be understood by mere visual showcase. Such differences would require having to go into detail, is what I mean.

I don't why you're mentioning Robin to me, when I had already addressed that.

Visual differences are not the same as gameplay differences. I'm not asking for visual things, I'm looking for more of Frederick's gameplay moves. You're still dodging my point.

And there you go doing it again. I mentioned Robin because you said a reason Frederick is not being shown is because he's probably similar to Xander. That's been proven false by female Robin because she's literally a clone of male Robin.

I don't get why people are complaining about Robin floating either. I think it's cool, whether Robin ever did it in other games or not.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Visual differences are not the same as gameplay differences. I'm not asking for visual things, I'm looking for more of Frederick's gameplay moves. You're still dodging my point.

And there you go doing it again. I mentioned Robin because you said a reason Frederick is not being shown is because he's probably similar to Xander. That's been proven false by female Robin because she's literally a clone of male Robin.

I don't get why people are complaining about Robin floating either. I think it's cool, whether Robin ever did it in other games or not.

Look, I'm only speaking to my understanding of how they're going about these short, selective gameplay vids. The fact that they went out of their way to show Robin contradicts my understanding, which seems to be the one thing in my post that you happened to have missed:

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Look, I'm only speaking to my understanding of how they're going about these short, selective gameplay vids. The fact that they went out of their way to show Robin contradicts my understanding, which seems to be the one thing in my post that you happened to have missed:

No, I didn't miss it. And you're wrong anyway. Female Robin is not the first mage shown, that was male Robin. And she's a clone of him. Therefore, we've basically already seen female Robin. If you're going to just show us a clone in a separate trailer, there's really no reason for Frederick to not eventually get some more gameplay footage too. He's actually unique in being our first and only axe cavalier so far!

Edited by Anacybele