Female Robin Gameplay

Jedi

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I didn't miss it. And you're wrong anyway. Female Robin is not the first mage shown, that was male Robin. And she's a clone of his. Therefore, we've basically already seen female Robin. If you're going to just show us a clone in a separate trailer, there's really no reason for Frederick to not eventually get some more gameplay footage too. He's actually unique in being our first and only axe cavalier so far!

Do note the lack in specification of which Robin I was referring to when mentioning that. Meaning, I was applying it to both, as I see them both as the same person and unit through and through. Regardless of which Robin it is that they showed, it is still Robin. As such, Robin is our first mage.

I'm not trying to go against you here, so.... whats this debate even? The very fact that Robin got this I don't understand, and as a result, might as well be on board with you

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Do note the lack in specification of which Robin I was referring to when mentioning that. Meaning, I was applying it to both, as I see them both as the same person and unit through and through. Regardless of which Robin it is that they showed, it is still Robin. As such, Robin is our first mage.

I'm not trying to go against you here, so.... whats this debate even? The very fact that Robin got this I don't understand, and as a result, might as well be on board with you

I figured you were trying to justify Frederick not getting any gameplay footage and going against my view, but if you're not actually trying to do that, then my mistake. I suppose there really isn't much reason for this debate then either. :P

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I figured you were trying to justify Frederick not getting any gameplay footage and going against my view, but if you're not actually trying to do that, then my mistake. I suppose there really isn't much reason for this debate then either. :P

Perhaps my wording of it was too weak to demonstrate that, now that I look at it, so you're good. To be frank, prior to this, I certainly would have, so if we were having this same conversation, say, yesterday, I'd have eaten that L today lmao

Edited by Motendra
punctuation

9 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Perhaps my wording of it was too weak to demonstrate that, now that I look at it, so you're good. To be frank, prior to this, I certainly would have, so if we were having this same conversation, say, yesterday, I'd have eaten that L today lmao

Heh, lol okay. Glad we're all good now, then. :)

3 hours ago, Folt said:

She seems to use the same moves actually. The only move that we've seen that she uses that M!Robin didn't use appears to be the Awakening Musou attack, which we've never seen M!Robin perform in any of the gameplay movies (because no one showed his Awakening Musou period).

I will guarantee you that her introduction video will be the exact same as M!Robin's which means we will probably see some dark spells in M!Robin's arsenal.

Its probably because GameXplain is actually really bad at showing gameplay of anything.

16 minutes ago, Folt said:

The reason they showed F!Robin is probably more as a confirmation that the two Robins fight in the same way.

Yeah, I suppose that's reasonable too.

Still crossing my fingers for Freddy soon!

EDIT: I just thought! I'd love to put a gameplay gif of him in my sig to replace the current Warriors shot I have of him. I don't know how to get a gif out of a video though...

Edited by Anacybele

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that this game is going to get a demo next week at Gamescom. Whether it's the same demo as last time or a new one I'm not sure, but if anything I think it's the best bet we have at new footage of any of the characters (Frederick, Cordelia, etc.). Hopefully there will actually be some good videos out of this at least, and not the Gamexplain-esque footage we've been seeing...

Also it's getting a live stream too, although it will probably focus on the new archer and mount (if that's when they reveal that information). But we may see some previous characters get more spotlight, so at least there's that to look forward to.

Gods, @Anacybele. I want to see Frederick too but you don't need to ask "wen Freddybear?" every time we get new information or a new trailer, yannow. We'll see him and his arkoudacarniphobia eventually.

Anyway, on the thread's topic, it looks like female Robin is, unsurprisingly, an exact replica of male Robin. The only new move we saw was her Awakening finisher, which we never saw male Robin use anyway, so they're probably the same. Now the question remains if she'll be a clone character with her own slot, level-ups, equips, ect. or just an alternate costume sharing a slot with male Robin.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Gods, @Anacybele. I want to see Frederick too but you don't need to ask "wen Freddybear?" every time we get new information or a new trailer, yannow. We'll see him and his arkoudacarniphobia eventually.

Yeah, you're right... I'm tired of bringing it up myself anyway. Sorry... lol though. XD

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, you're right... I'm tired of bringing it up myself anyway. Sorry...

You don't need to apologize, I wasn't trying to come across as stern or annoyed or anything. It just gets a bit repetitive after a while is all. (That and I wanted an excuse to use the term "arkoudacarniphobia".)

I guess there's not much else to say on this particular trailer, though... Aside from one attack it's nothing we haven't already seen.

Edited by Anomalocaris

15 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

You don't need to apologize, I wasn't trying to come across as stern or annoyed or anything. It just gets a bit repetitive after a while is all. (That and I wanted an excuse to use the term "arkoudacarniphobia".)

I guess there's not much else to say on this particular trailer, though... Aside from one attack it's nothing we haven't already seen.

Yeah, I know. I don't want to keep repeating it, as I said. And I did edit my post with a lol, so I kinda belatedly noticed the not-serious vibe of your post. :P

And yeah...

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Well I am not seeing much of a difference between the male and female versions. Also  why Robin can levitate ever since the Smash Bros trailer? He/she couldn't do that in Awakening. 

Creative liberties, as others have said; though it's also worth noting that Validar does so in Awakening's FMV cutscenes.

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Its probably because GameXplain is actually really bad at showing gameplay of anything.

For once I'd like it to be Derrick who goes to the events and does the direct feed footage instead of Andre, considering how he's the RPG fan while Andre's more "classic Nintendo".

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm pretty confident now that she's a separate unit from her male counterpart, not just a skin. I really doubt they'd show off an alternate costume like this.

They never did officially show off Robin; considering how their moves are 100% identical, either she's an alt or pointless padding.

Edited by The DanMan

18 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Creative liberties, as others have said; though it's also worth noting that Validar does so in Awakening's FMV cutscenes.

I see now. Looking it is a fun idea of an tactician hovering from the distance making sure the Robin's strategy is working. Plus it gives the developers more to work with.

8 hours ago, Folt said:

The reason they showed F!Robin is probably more as a confirmation that the two Robins fight in the same way.

I was going to say the same thing, but in a more scathing tone.

And to forestall Arthur's argument, my experience with raising multiple characters in Hyrule Warriors is that it slowed down the grind, rather than speeding it up. Unless there is some kind of leaked experience system, this is gonna suck.

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I was going to say the same thing, but in a more scathing tone.

And to forestall Arthur's argument, my experience with raising multiple characters in Hyrule Warriors is that it slowed down the grind, rather than speeding it up. Unless there is some kind of leaked experience system, this is gonna suck.

Typical Warriors games have 50 to 100+ characters nowadays, if HW's cast gave you troubles on powering them up I dare not think how you'd handle an actual traditional one.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Typical Warriors games have 50 to 100+ characters nowadays, if HW's cast gave you troubles on powering them up I dare not think how you'd handle an actual traditional one.

Did HW have a bonus EXP feature a la WO? Because that at least mitigates things.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Did HW have a bonus EXP feature a la WO? Because that at least mitigates things.

It had the Training Dojo, but the Rupee scaling at high levels was phenomenal. (Though it occurs to me that I don't remember what else you spend Rupees on other than that and badges...)

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The badge-crafting and weapon merging also go into it. The levelling, I'm going to be honest, was the easy part.

(Also, do typical Warriors games have a cap that, even with dedicated grinding attempts, I'm nowhere near hitting on one character?)

31 minutes ago, Jedi said:

At least most of them don't have Hyrules level cap