Female Robin Gameplay

Jedi

She seems to have maybe some different moves? Not entirely sure we didn't get enough of a glimpse at Male Robin to gauge that properly.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing we haven't seen is the musou at the end, that being said Robin still looks like a cool character to use.

This video was shown in an earlier thread, it has more gameplay of Robin than gamexplain's.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

She looks... actually kinda fun. I always did think it was probably going to be a mage who salvaged this mess of a game...

Still don't like how long those Musous take.

I'm not seeing how this game is a mess.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

She seems to have maybe some different moves? Not entirely sure we didn't get enough of a glimpse at Male Robin to gauge that properly.

52 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I need to compare the 2 videos again cuz I don't remember M-Robin doing any of those moves in the demo.

Outside of the new Musou attack at the end, she looks identical to M!Robin. 
Timestamp: 0:27/4:45; exact same move and follow-up.

17 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Outside of the new Musou attack at the end, she looks identical to M!Robin. 
Timestamp: 0:27/4:45; exact same move and follow-up.

I'd guess that that move at the end must be the Awakened (Rage) attack. Whether M!Robin shares that same move is unknown

I remember seeing the brief gameplay of male Robin in Gameexplain's video, he doesn't use Dark Magic like his female counterpart.

Maybe it's a hint that she will be an enemy in the game and will be playable in another story like Ganondorf or any villain in Hyrule Warrior

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I remember seeing the brief gameplay of male Robin in Gameexplain's video, he doesn't use Dark Magic like his female counterpart.

Maybe it's a hint that she will be an enemy in the game and will be playable in another story like Ganondorf or any villain in Hyrule Warrior

Wasn't it said somewhere that she wouldn't be playable in story mode? I still think she is just a clone with some slight modifications.

Just now, Nanima said:

Wasn't it said somewhere that she wouldn't be playable in story mode? I still think she is just a clone with some slight modifications.

I did not play much Hyrule Warriors, I don't remember how you can play the villains.

Maybe she will playable in another story path or something

Yeah, some of the moves that F!Robin used weren't used by M!Robin at all. Wonder if this means that F!Robin being her own character means that she'll have a completely new moveset? I was annoyed by having a clone character, but she looks to be just as fun as M!Robin if she has some unique moves of her own, though some were clearly the same. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, some of the moves that F!Robin used weren't used by M!Robin at all. Wonder if this means that F!Robin being her own character means that she'll have a completely new moveset? I was annoyed by having a clone character, but she looks to be just as fun as M!Robin if she has some unique moves of her own, though some were clearly the same. 

She seems to use the same moves actually. The only move that we've seen that she uses that M!Robin didn't use appears to be the Awakening Musou attack, which we've never seen M!Robin perform in any of the gameplay movies (because no one showed his Awakening Musou period).

I will guarantee you that her introduction video will be the exact same as M!Robin's which means we will probably see some dark spells in M!Robin's arsenal.

39 minutes ago, Nym said:

That Dark spell was probably just her unit introduction like everyone else. Unless there actually is something different about them (which looks to be unlikely), I wouldn't put too much stock into it

20 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

Do we know if you get 2 Musous out of Awakening like Hyrules Focus Spirit?

While I can't say for how HW did it, if there were a 2nd one, I'd imagine that we'd know by now. As far as I'm concerned, only Warriors 8 had such a thing, and I think(?) Gundam as well. Idr which one out of them, however

12 minutes ago, Nym said:

I did not play much Hyrule Warriors, I don't remember how you can play the villains.

Maybe she will playable in another story path or something

In Hyrule Warriors, you could play as Ganondorf because of the story, Zant and Ghirahim from the side mode (where we suspect F!Robin will come from, and the original villains Cia, Volga and Wizzro from free DLC- and then in Legends through the sidestory involving Cia's descent into darkness.

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

While I can't say for how HW did it, if there were a 2nd one, I'd imagine that we'd know by now. As far as I'm concerned, only Warriors 8 had such a thing, and I think(?) Gundam as well. Idr which one out of them, however

Hyrule Warriors had 3, depending on how you count them. A regular Special that charges through attacking enemies or collecting Force Gems. And then a Focus Spirit mode that could only be obtained by collecting magic. When you activated Focus Spirit, you could end it manually to do an attack that can expose any weak point, or let it end naturally for a powerful explosion.

I imagine the third kind isn't considered a Musou.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

I can guarantee that the only Musous we've seen in regards to M!Robin is his normal Musou (which uses his Levin Sword) and when he's the one who finishes a Pair Up Musou, which has him converge four elemental beams of lightning, fire, wind, and darkness into a ball of magic that he explodes. We have never seen him use his Awakening Musou in action.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

That Dark spell was probably just her unit introduction like everyone else. Unless there actually is something different about them (which looks to be unlikely), I wouldn't put too much stock into it

Well in Hyrule when you went into Focus Spirit(Rage Mode basically) you got one Musou for letting it run out and a different  one for manually ending early. So if Awakening works the same way than that dark magic Musou is just part of MRobins moveset 

Looks exactly the same as male Robin, just as I figured. Meaning she looks just as awesome.

Now can we have her husband Frederick next, please? :3

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Folt said:

I can guarantee that the only Musous we've seen in regards to M!Robin is his normal Musou (which uses his Levin Sword) and when he's the one who finishes a Pair Up Musou, which has him converge four elemental beams of lightning, fire, wind, and darkness into a ball of magic that he explodes. We have never seen him use his Awakening Musou in action.

Yes, that was what I meant in my first post of this thread.

26 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hyrule Warriors had 3, depending on how you count them. A regular Special that charges through attacking enemies or collecting Force Gems. And then a Focus Spirit mode that could only be obtained by collecting magic. When you activated Focus Spirit, you could end it manually to do an attack that can expose any weak point, or let it end naturally for a powerful explosion.

I imagine the third kind isn't considered a Musou.

20 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

Well in Hyrule when you went into Focus Spirit(Rage Mode basically) you got one Musou for letting it run out and a different  one for manually ending early. So if Awakening works the same way than that dark magic Musou is just part of MRobins moveset 

Well then.... that's certainly something. We'll have to wait and see, since no video so far has ever just let it run out

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Looks exactly the same as male Robin, just as I figured. Meaning she looks just as awesome.

Now can we have Frederick next, please? :3

Can I just say that I really admire this optimism

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Now can we have Frederick next, please? :3

Looks like the prediction I made did come true. That it would have to show a gameplay trailer of F!Robin or a new character, or they would show Frederick.

22 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Can I just say that I really admire this optimism

Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure why you admire it so...? :P People thought male Robin looked awesome, so if female Robin is the same, she also looks cool. lol

18 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Looks like the prediction I made did come true. That it would have to show a gameplay trailer of F!Robin or a new character, or they would show Frederick.

Yeah, Frederick or someone new has to be next now. Please be Freddy... He's being left out in the cold here! This is twice now that he's the only character with no gameplay footage shown.

Popularity is not an argument anymore either, as female Robin is not that popular, and neither is Lissa, yet they've both gotten some gameplay shown.

Edited by Anacybele

58 minutes ago, Motendra said:

There's actually a combo when you see her using Dark magic (0:34)

55 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

In Hyrule Warriors, you could play as Ganondorf because of the story, Zant and Ghirahim from the side mode (where we suspect F!Robin will come from, and the original villains Cia, Volga and Wizzro from free DLC- and then in Legends through the sidestory involving Cia's descent into darkness.

Well considaring male Robin seems to be part of the team that helps the brother and sister, I assume that would be weird to have female Robin on the same side.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Now can we have her husband Frederick next, please? :3

Seeing Frederick being a punching bag for Lissa's axe wasn't enough for you? xD

(That was also one hell of a weird bug at one point).

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure why you admire it so...? :P People thought male Robin looked awesome, so if female Robin is the same, she also looks cool. lol

Yeah, Frederick or someone new has to be next now. Please be Freddy... He's being left out in the cold here! This is twice now that he's the only character with no gameplay footage shown.

Popularity is not an argument anymore either, as female Robin is not that popular, and neither is Lissa, yet they've both gotten some gameplay shown.

They likely had gameplay shown because they weren't featured in the Awakening trailer.

Presumably, M!Robin, Lissa, Frederick, and Lucina might be important enough to the plot that they could appear outside of the Awakening part of the story.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Seeing Frederick being a punching bag for Lissa's axe wasn't enough for you? xD

(That was also one hell of a weird bug at one point).

Uh, no, because that was Lissa gameplay, not Frederick.

But yeah, that was really weird...

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

They likely had gameplay shown because they weren't featured in the Awakening trailer.

Presumably, M!Robin, Lissa, Frederick, and Lucina might be important enough to the plot that they could appear outside of the Awakening part of the story.

The Awakening trailer didn't feature gameplay either though. Male Robin, Lissa, and Lucina were playable in a new demo instead, and Frederick was not. So he should be next unless they show a new character and skip him again...

And maybe, but I would rather this game not become Awakening Warriors with a little SD and Fates on the side. That's not really celebrating the series or trying to appeal to as many FE fans as possible.

Edited by Anacybele