Female Robin Gameplay

Jedi

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

And to forestall Arthur's argument, my experience with raising multiple characters in Hyrule Warriors is that it slowed down the grind, rather than speeding it up. Unless there is some kind of leaked experience system, this is gonna suck.

I'm not so worried about this, actually. You take four characters into battle, and they're all earning experience. We don't know yet if the points earned by defeating enemies are shared amongst the party or if they're only earned by the one doing the attacking. But footage has shown us that your AI party members will level up at a steady rate, and you can ensure they're earning experience by directing them on the map.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm not so worried about this, actually. You take four characters into battle, and they're all earning experience. We don't know yet if the points earned by defeating enemies are shared amongst the party or if they're only earned by the one doing the attacking. But footage has shown us that your AI party members will level up at a steady rate, and you can ensure they're earning experience by directing them on the map.

The latter variant (only the attacker gains experience) is what Hyrule Warriors used. If there is some kind of system to lean towards the former, then Fire Emblem Warriors can potentially 'get away with' clones and the like.

Because the AI certainly isn't killing anything worth experience on its own.

I already thought Robin's moveset looked pretty interesting and I'm glad we get to see more of it. I'm not seeing much evidence that she's anything more than an alt. of m!Robin given that their moveset is pretty much completely identical, though.

34 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If it's anything like Samurai Warriors, which uses a similar system, then all participants will get the same, full amount of EXP accumulated post-battle. Each character will still accumulate EXP on their own in battle when they defeat enemies/officers, I'd imagine. EXP is honestly the least of my worries with this system, but that's a discussion for another time.

Edited by AzureSen

28 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Could it be 40 too? Since FE usual level cap is 40 without extra boost.

I could see being the case for the same reason 255 was that final lvl in Hyrule. I honestly wouldn't really have a problem if they did end up raising the cap as the DLC went along as long as it doesn't feel like grinding to the current map is a necessity (Twilight map). If the lvl cap is treated how it in Legends (where you really did have to grind to max for maps) and not how it was in Base than I got not really problems with high cap. 

Alternatively they can use the promotion system they used for Orrochi 3. 

One small detail I've noticed in this gameplay video is that Robin's robes no longer stick to their legs and actually flows when they attack. A small improvement but a welcome one considering how awkward it looked beforehand now they look cooler.

14 hours ago, Silent shifter said:

Could it be 40 too? Since FE usual level cap is 40 without extra boost.

Honestly it might be? But I can't be sure right now.

On 8/16/2017 at 10:39 AM, Nym said:

Well considaring male Robin seems to be part of the team that helps the brother and sister, I assume that would be weird to have female Robin on the same side.

Honestly, Female Robin is more likely to just not be part of the story at all since it'd be weirder to have two Robins partake in it period. She's probably just an alternate skin for male Robin.