Possibly easy way to get hero merit?

Hero_Lucina

I'm not sure if something like this has been done but I did a bit of research on my game and figured out an easy way to get Hero Merit.

Spoiler

(Fyi, this is all from my Wattpad account)

First off you need at least 2 of the same unit. I'm gonna explain this with my double Reinhardt (one's 5* and fully trained and the other is 4* barely level 7). The more of a character you have, the better this'll be, but I don't have 4 fully trained Rein laying around because I'm f2p and I'm lucky I have these 2, we'll have to use these 2.

Next off go to the training tower. LOOK AT THE PEOPLE IN THERE! For the 10th stratum, there's 2 Red and 2 Blue units. I ditched my fully trained Berkut in favor of my +atk -res Julia. Now we go into a match.

https://em.wattpad.com/cb2188f405926d400149015c3306cc063004aa00/68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6251396b396d66787951593631413d3d2d3435363937323538372e313464623761316662643338326637303939353536363835393832302e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

Now, if one of your units isn't trained, KEEP THEM OUT OF DANGER! The point of this is to keep both of them alive. So here, I'd keep my 17 HP rein out of the danger zone. Do the match like normal, except you keep the weak units out of danger. 

https://em.wattpad.com/2d0e5b4dce7a1cc3de47b1f9df2f96b67bd2a42c/68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f5374

As you see, the Rein's both get their own Hero Merit addition to my total for Reinhardt. This would be 6.55 Hero Merit for 1 battle. If I had 2 other Reins then I'd be getting more, but like I said I'm F2P and I'm thankful and lucky to have these 2 Rein. 

Spoiler

If you want a better example of what I mean by 4 of the same unit, say you have 4 Ikes (I know someone with 6), then you could use all of them at once in a battle, have all of them survive and get a lot more hero merit than my 2 Reins in this tutorial. 

Now, you do this until you hit 3000 Hero Merit (aka the cap). You get 500 feathers everytime you get hero merit so you get 3000 feathers per individual unit. Once you hit the 3000 cap, it's over for that unit if they don't raise the cap again. 

I hoped this very extensive tutorial helped. I did all of the math for this, so it was worth it. 

I mean, this is nice but wouldn't it be better to just use 2 of the same unit with 2 bodyguards and do Chain Challenges on normal without clearing the last map?. The units are fixed and they don't have skills which makes it a pretty safe method to farm HM (and SP too). If I remember correctly you get from 4.50 to 4.90 HM doing maps 1 to 9 making it pretty stamina efficient due to the 30 stamina cost (about 3.5 stamina per map). 

Edited by Alexmender

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

This is a great tutorial, actually.

Side question, what are you playing this on? Resolution looks great, and the bars to the side, take it's a tablet.

It's a tablet

2 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Wait, I thought hero merit was just for that one character even though there is duplicate heroes sharing the HM. Does this mean even though Reinhardts HM is max, since you got 2 of him you get double the hero merit?

No. My 2 Reins share the same Hero Merit total

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I mean, this is nice but wouldn't it be better to just use 2 of the same unit with 2 bodyguards and do Chain Challenges on normal without clearing the last map?. The units are fixed and they don't have skills which makes it a pretty safe method to farm HM (and SP too). If I remember correctly you get from 4.50 to 4.90 HM doing maps 1 to 9 making it pretty stamina efficient due to the 30 stamina cost (about 3.5 stamina per map). 

I never thought about that, but I've only beaten 1 Challange on Lunatic

I don't get it.

I'm not getting less Hero Merit by using more characters, they are simply spread in different directions. 

You don't get more feathers out of a 2000 Hero Merit unit than you get from 4 at 500 each.

I also think it makes more sence to use different characters, or the advice should only apply to characters you barely use and your most used characters already have their full Merit.
My most Hero Merit goes to waste because I used characters like Ninian way to often, even the 3000 Merit caption is already full ;(.

The way I got most of the Hero merrits now is TT, if you can auto battle through it with characters on a certain difficulty with characters you don't use much in other modes.
Even Clive got some Hero Merrits now with this mode.

8 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I don't get it.

I'm not getting less Hero Merit by using more characters, they are simply spread in different directions. 

You don't get more feathers out of a 2000 Hero Merit unit than you get from 4 at 500 each.

No, it;s that if you have more of the same unit in one battle, then it would increase more than doing about 3 battles with 1 of that character

6 hours ago, Stroud said:

I also think it makes more sence to use different characters, or the advice should only apply to characters you barely use and your most used characters already have their full Merit.
My most Hero Merit goes to waste because I used characters like Ninian way to often, even the 3000 Merit caption is already full ;(.

The way I got most of the Hero merrits now is TT, if you can auto battle through it with characters on a certain difficulty with characters you don't use much in other modes.
Even Clive got some Hero Merrits now with this mode.

I meant in general. I used Rein as an example because I have 2 of him lying around.

Fielding multiple of the same unit is a good idea to max that unit out quicker. But that also means leveling up two of the same unit to 40, and that's kind of impractical with the exception of raising multiple dancers. And dancers have the easiest time maxing out in my experience since they're always helping out with quests, TT, and raising other units. The only way to get the most HM out of a fight is to be the same level as the enemies you're facing. A level 35 unit would earn less HM than a level 40 against level 40 enemies.

15 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Fielding multiple of the same unit is a good idea to max that unit out quicker. But that also means leveling up two of the same unit to 40, and that's kind of impractical with the exception of raising multiple dancers. And dancers have the easiest time maxing out in my experience since they're always helping out with quests, TT, and raising other units. The only way to get the most HM out of a fight is to be the same level as the enemies you're facing. A level 35 unit would earn less HM than a level 40 against level 40 enemies.

Ok

Yeah, fielding 2 or 3 or 4 of a character will get that one specific character's HM to go up faster, but in the long run it doesn't matter. 500 HM for four characters is the same as 2000 for one character. There is also a negative to maxing out HM too fast, if that character happens to be good you won't be able to use them to help clear maps for other characters to grind since you will want to bench them after maxing HM.

As far as efficient grinding goes, the training tower is the worst place to do it. TT gives you 5 or 7 maps for 20 stamina which is 4 and 2.9 stamina per map. And the double chapter Chain Challenges are 9 maps (don't finish the 10th battle) for 30 stamina which is 3.3 stamina per map.

For the fastest real time HM gain, those special maps that cost 5 stamina are the best if you can clear the maps in 15-30 seconds. Unfortunately those are only for limited times.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Yeah, fielding 2 or 3 or 4 of a character will get that one specific character's HM to go up faster, but in the long run it doesn't matter. 500 HM for four characters is the same as 2000 for one character. There is also a negative to maxing out HM too fast, if that character happens to be good you won't be able to use them to help clear maps for other characters to grind since you will want to bench them after maxing HM.

As far as efficient grinding goes, the training tower is the worst place to do it. TT gives you 5 or 7 maps for 20 stamina which is 4 and 2.9 stamina per map. And the double chapter Chain Challenges are 9 maps (don't finish the 10th battle) for 30 stamina which is 3.3 stamina per map.

For the fastest real time HM gain, those special maps that cost 5 stamina are the best if you can clear the maps in 15-30 seconds. Unfortunately those are only for limited times.

I'm talking when the TT isn't open since that's not for like most of the month.

22 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I'm talking when the TT isn't open since that's not for like most of the month.

Doesn't matter, doing the Chapter 1& 2 Chain Challenge on Normal gets you 9 maps for 3.33 stamina per map, as stated above.  Enemies are dead easy, and you can farm HM, SP, and EXP much more easily than your method.

1 hour ago, kcirrot said:

Doesn't matter, doing the Chapter 1& 2 Chain Challenge on Normal gets you 9 maps for 3.33 stamina per map, as stated above.  Enemies are dead easy, and you can farm HM, SP, and EXP much more easily than your method.

Not everyone can beat the Chain Challanges. (Like me)

On 17. 8. 2017 at 11:30 PM, Glennstavos said:

It's not completely impractical if you have enough skill fodder for your disposal. It practically mean your unit has double of sp it would have by merging on lv.1

3 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Not everyone can beat the Chain Challanges. (Like me)

The normal Chapter 1&2 chain challenge is level 35.  The enemies don't have their skill loadout.  4 and 5 stars should be able to survive there from level 30 on.  I use it for exp grinding.

No disrespect intended, but your method isn't nearly as efficient for grinding HM as the means that others have stated in this thread.  That's not an attack on you.  And many of the methods including the one I mentioned are easier.

On 8/17/2017 at 5:30 PM, Glennstavos said:

When I was raising my donnels, arthurs & ests and so forth for dupe purposes, i usually started through out under leveld dudes. They steadily gain more HM as they get levels and overall you get more HM for the character per map.

Course these days I barely have time for that, but once you get the squad going a difference of one HM doesn't really matter because you're still earning like 7-10 per map

1 hour ago, kcirrot said:

The normal Chapter 1&2 chain challenge is level 35.  The enemies don't have their skill loadout.  4 and 5 stars should be able to survive there from level 30 on.  I use it for exp grinding.

No disrespect intended, but your method isn't nearly as efficient for grinding HM as the means that others have stated in this thread.  That's not an attack on you.  And many of the methods including the one I mentioned are easier.

I still have troubles with level 40's. 

2 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I still have troubles with level 40's. 

Then I strongly suggest doing some research, and maybe watch some videos that showcase the GHB challenges done with 3* free units.  Chain Challenge shouldn't be that big of a problem, even if you're stuck with a bunch of 4* units.

EDIT: For the topic, I just bring whoever it is along with three units I want to train.  No point in trying to min-max HM - that'll come with time.

Edited by eclipse

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Then I strongly suggest doing some research, and maybe watch some videos that showcase the GHB challenges done with 3* free units.  Chain Challenge shouldn't be that big of a problem, even if you're stuck with a bunch of 4* units.

EDIT: For the topic, I just bring whoever it is along with three units I want to train.  No point in trying to min-max HM - that'll come with time.

These are 5* Level 40. 

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

These are 5* Level 40. 

Unless you're doing some really weird builds with SI, Chain Challenge should be more than doable.  Bring one of each color and a staffbot.

Chain Challenges are most definitely the hardest challenge in the game right now to me at the highest chapters. They include a collection of the game's toughest maps and I have yet to beat them all, despite the very enticing Orbs rewards. There is no easy formula for them; they take a lot of preparation and very strong units.

This is not the case at all at the lowest Chapters however. Easy maps and those would be pretty effective for grinding, I suppose.

Edited by Vince777