Getting Those Wisdom Teeth Removed Tomorrow

You got this bro.

…er, but keep away from the keyboard if you're still conscious afterwards and still under the effects of whatever they have you on - might end up with stuff let out that you thought was buried deeeeeeep down.

Also, you did it wrong. Instead of just saying 'wish me luck' you should perform this like so:

PEOPLE OF SERENES FOREST

LENMYOUPOWER

DO IT FOR HARAMBECAPTAIN KARNAGE

JUST DO IT

YESTERDAY YOU SAID Ooooookay, I let that get out of hand.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Man, I could only imagine. I seemed to luck out in that my wisdom teeth don't look like they'll ever be a problem (and I hope it stays that way), but still, I've heard lots about when they are removed...

I can certainly wish luck for that.

I got mine removed when I was... 20? So a few years back.

One thing I learned is that my body doesn't react well to Vicodin. They also fucked up my gums REAL bad, and basically cut through the roof of my mouth to remove one of the teeth. So I basically had to deal with the throbbing pain of my stitches with no relief for the 4 days that it took for my mouth to start healing.

I probably shouldn't have told you this, since I doubt it made you feel any better about it, but I suspect that you'll have a much better experience than I did.

Edited by Slumber

40 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

You got this bro.

…er, but keep away from the keyboard if you're still conscious afterwards and still under the effects of whatever they have you on - might end up with stuff let out that you thought was buried deeeeeeep down.

I actualy ellected to stay conscious when i had my (3) wisdom teeth removed, because i figured that that any pain that made it through the local anastetic was worth it to avoid wierdness like this (and the very small but nonzero chance of going into a coma or something). This was probably a mistake, because they ended up spending like 15 minutes hunting for a shard of bone so deep down that even injected anasthetic did not really work. That being said, local anasthetics seem to effect me less than most people, so you may still want to just elect to use injected local anasthetic(the same type the use for filling cavaties.) for this if your doctor allows this and you don't want general anasthesia.

As for healing up, look at it this way: you have an excuse to drink a ridiculess number of smothees for a week. I assume that you scheduled this for a week off from school or work. (i intentionaly scheduled mine for winter break). THe next week or two will be kind of painfull, but IMO, not as bad having your appendix removed (as long as we are talking about vestigal body parts that have a random chance of going horribly wrong. And yes, i speak from experience.).

I've only had one of mine removed earlier this year. I was under local anesthetic and it came out really easy. The pain afterwards was hardly anything too, and I just had to eat soup for a few days. I hope it goes well for you!

Gotta be a lot better than that local anesthetic eye op I'm having soon...

That's rough buddy.

I know a couple of people who've had them removed, and supposedly it's painful. One person had to sing in front of a stage the day after getting them removed...

Me? Supposedly they're coming in/have come in perfectly, so they can stay there forever.

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

fun fact: if you were born without wisdom teeth, you're an evolved human being.

such as myself

Curse you higher species of man.

You will be fine, all I ended up doing was sleep after it was over.  I highly recommend making sure that you have a comfy chair for when you sleep because they told me to sleep sitting up for the first night after the surgery.  Oh and at lest for me the antibiotics that I had to take afterwards made me really sleepy right after I took them, so if they do put you on antibiotics make sure you take them when it is ok to fall asleep.  

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well they're gone now, and from what I was told I ended up hitting on the nurses.

Definitely could have been worse, though - a friend of mine called one of the nurses a couple cusswords when he got his out because she wouldn't tell him where they kept the unicorns.

Thankfully, it's over now! Huzzah for science, I guess!