Who to cut out of the team?

DisobeyedCargo

Im planning my team for a playthrough of platinum, a I've decided to cut out either electivire or dusknoir, because I don't want to have two post spear pillar evo's (I know you can catch duskull, but he's so weak and evolves at such a late level I don't want to do it).

any idea who would do better at the point in the story electabuzz and dusclops are available? Here's the current team:

Torterra
Clefable
Milotic
Staraptor
Electivire
Dusknoir 

Dusknoir is the better Pokémon out of the two. Having an electric type would be pretty useful but Luxray's pretty mediocre and too early of a Pokémon to bother training. Might I suggest Magnezone? That's a good Pokémon to have around.

22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Dusknoir is the better Pokémon out of the two. Having an electric type would be pretty useful but Luxray's pretty mediocre and too early of a Pokémon to bother training. Might I suggest Magnezone? That's a good Pokémon to have around.

I'm pretty sure that pretty much any Pokémon, mediocre or not, is good enough to use in the main game.

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Magnezone is a great Pokémon, my only problem with him is that his movepool isn't really the greatest, but electric and steel can hit a large amount of Pokémon anyway, his steel typing will also be useful for the poison types team galactic uses.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'm pretty sure that pretty much any Pokémon, mediocre or not, is good enough to use in the main game.

Yes that's true. But might as well go for the better ones instead of settling.

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Magnezone is a great Pokémon, my only problem with him is that his movepool isn't really the greatest, but electric and steel can hit a large amount of Pokémon anyway, his steel typing will also be useful for the poison types team galactic uses.

Exactly! I can understand not wanting to use Dusknoir though. There are a lot of better alternatives for it too if you need something to hit ghosts or psychic types. You lack a fire type so Houndoom could fit the bill. Especially since you already have plenty of bulky Pokémon.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yes that's true. But might as well go for the better ones instead of settling.

Exactly! I can understand not wanting to use Dusknoir though. There are a lot of better alternatives for it too if you need something to hit ghosts or psychic types. You lack a fire type so Houndoom could fit the bill. Especially since you already have plenty of bulky Pokémon.

Well dusknoir is one of my favorites so I've really wanted to use him (this is also the only gen he was in before a certain item was introduced that made dusclops completely outclass him)

I've never really seen fire types as something absolutley necessary in Sinnoh, so that's why I didn't go with houndoom. 

I do plan to run fire blast on clefable and I have my torterra with earthquake for the steel gym, and staravia will own the grass gym, other than that I don't really see anything that would make a fire type a necessity.