college

claire

just moved into my dorm yesterday (freshman) and so far i ate 6 jolly ranchers, half a burrito, and a whole banana . idk what im supposed to be doing rn so .. anybody know wtf is going on

find passion in what you do - probably the most important advice. school becomes enjoyable and a lot less hell if you actually like what youre doing

5 hours ago, Umbran Darros said:

find passion in what you do - probably the most important advice. school becomes enjoyable and a lot less hell if you actually like what youre doing

This. If you can, study what you want to study. I only had a solid idea of what I do in life after college(graduated a few months ago) despite heavy contemplation all junior and senior year. TBH, I consider myself lucky. 

don't feel bad, I had no idea what I was doing my freshman year, and next week it'll be my senior year and I still have no idea what's going on

make friends, exercise, keep up the studying

On 8/18/2017 at 6:05 PM, claire said:

just moved into my dorm yesterday (freshman) and so far i ate 6 jolly ranchers, half a burrito, and a whole banana . idk what im supposed to be doing rn so .. anybody know wtf is going on

I was a freshman like 12 years ago, so maybe things have changed, but my general advice would look into what clubs or groups might interest you.  It's good to find friends with similar interests.  Also, explore the campus a little bit to get an idea of how long it takes to get to your classes and various spots you'll be frequenting.

Make sure to keep up with studying and homework.  The first semester can often be the hardest for people, since it's so different than high school.  Some majors deliberately make the intro classes hard to filter people out, at least my school did.  I was a chemistry/biology double major.  You don't have to decide on a major just yet, but try to keep up with the classes you do take.  If you can come out of freshman year with a good GPA, that's a good sign you can keep up.

im declaring my major tomorrow actually at 3 pm teehee

i dont really get it tho do u have to declare ur minor bc i know what my minor is but u gotta declare that??? idk

yesterday i found 2 of the buildings for my classes but couldnt find the other 2 so i hope some1 help me with that

and today i ate dinner with a steak knife because i dont have a fork

2 hours ago, claire said:

im declaring my major tomorrow actually at 3 pm teehee

I reccomend going undecided, so if you don't like what you're doing you don't waste all that time and money on classes you didn't need

or if you can't, just hold out and do core classes for a while

boi im obsessed w/ biology im definitely sticking with it =))

2 hours ago, Astolfo! said:

Living on the edge

i also ate cheesecake with that knife and my one roommate was staring at me like i was crazy

1 minute ago, claire said:

i also ate cheesecake with that knife and my one roommate was staring at me like i was crazy

They should've tooootally offered you a fork

Unless they were like, enjoying watching you go to town on a cake with a knife

show them you're really crazy and use your hands