Fire Emblem Heroes ldea : Trading Units System

Emil Amnell

10 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

If you waste anywhere as much money, you've got bigger problems. :awesome:

I won't deny that, thankfully I've only spent $35 which is the same as a 3DS game so no biggie.

8 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

okay that's a little harsh, don't you think? Like, even two ever is many times better.

No it isn't harsh, in fact I think it's toootally fair!

You get one

Period!

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I won't deny that, thankfully I've only spent $35 which is the same as a 3DS game so no biggie.

Worth noting, I am not so much against the very act of spending money as much as it is abusing it. I would do it to get a character I really want, and that's about it. I wouldn't whale on multiple (and totally unnecessary) copies of them.

2 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

No it isn't harsh, in fact I think it's toootally fair!

You get one

Period!

You have a point...

okay then, I want a Katarina.

3 hours ago, Emil Amnell said:

Really? Don't take it the wrong way but don't you have something better to do than correcting me or trying to prove... well, whatever you want to prove? lf l want to answer individually, then why shouldn't l do so? As far as l know, there are no rules against that. lf you have something against me, please say it and let's be done with it. l'm not interested in starting anything so if that's what you want, please, l ask you kindly to take it elsewhere.

Other than that, l'll keep your sugeestion in mind if l ever need it. Thanks.

READ.  THE.  CODE.  OF.  CONDUCT.  That falls under double-posting.

It is clearly outlined in there.  If you don't want to follow the rules outlined in there, feel free to find another place to voice your thoughts.  But as long as you're on SF, you will follow it.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

READ.  THE.  CODE.  OF.  CONDUCT.  That falls under double-posting.

It is clearly outlined in there.  If you don't want to follow the rules outlined in there, feel free to find another place to voice your thoughts.  But as long as you're on SF, you will follow it.

You won't get off my back, will you? Very well then. Do as you wish. But l'd recommend to drop our little discussion here or to take it in private, for both of us. lt's leading astray from the main idea of this forum and l believe that is also forbidden by the Code of Conduct.

You may keep answering if you wish (not like l could stop you anyway), but l will not. As you said, l will follow the Code of Conduct.

2 hours ago, Emil Amnell said:

You won't get off my back, will you? Very well then. Do as you wish. But l'd recommend to drop our little discussion here or to take it in private, for both of us. lt's leading astray from the main idea of this forum and l believe that is also forbidden by the Code of Conduct.

You may keep answering if you wish (not like l could stop you anyway), but l will not. As you said, l will follow the Code of Conduct.

The reason why I'm "on your back" (and literally no one else's in this topic) is due to your behavior.  Here's what you've done in this topic so far:

1. Provided a really passive-aggressive answer to someone who disagreed with you
2. Argued with a mod over behavior that is clearly forbidden in this forum's rules

The more reputable communities aren't particularly receptive to either one of these.  Change your behavior for the better, and any other interactions with me will be on-topic, instead of having to actually be a mod.

18 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Honestly, I prefer a Heroes shop in which I can spend badges (I'm certain a lot of players - especially day 1 players - have a lot of these and not much to do with them) getting a specific hero I want. Naturally, as the hero wasn't obtained using orbs, the hero can only have neutral stats (no RNG madness; better than units with poor boon/bane combinations though generally not better than units with good boons/bane combinations). Another point for balance can be that the hero is bought at 1-star, meaning the 1-star unit can cost a lot of time and resources to become 5-star, let alone a fully kitted 5-star if the player goes that route.

It doesn't invalidate rerolling as 1-star units are generally impractical to use in combat and can be difficult to train up without shards/crystals for new players and the aforementioned being locked to neutral stats means that players can still try to reroll for a specific unit with a desirable boon/bane combination, particularly a 5-star one. Sure, it can be an easy way to fill out the Catalog of Heroes though completing every entry (getting the 5* lv. 40 conversations) is an entirely different task!

As a follow-up to my previous post, I have additional details for this idea:

The stock of heroes in the shop would be different each day, giving players an additional reason to log in everyday. Not all heroes will be available at once.

To reference the randomness of summoning, the stock of heroes in the shop would be random for every player - on any given day, a player is likely going to have a different stock of heroes in the hero shop when compared to another player's hero shop's stock (perhaps for balancing, the hero shop can be like a TCG booster pack in how the TCG booster pack can give cards of specific rarities: while all heroes in the shop would be 1*, perhaps 6 heroes would be those that can appear in the 4* summoning pool, 3 heroes would be those that can appear from the 3* summoning pool, and 1 hero would be one that can only appear from the 5* pool).

Some heroes could be on sale (sold at reduced prices, like, let's say, 50% fewer badges needing to be paid for the hero on sale) randomly, giving players an additional reason to log in everyday.

Newly released heroes would not be available in the Heroes shop immediately - a certain period of time would have to pass before they can start appearing and be bought from the hero shop (ie. becoming available on the day after their banner expires or 2 weeks after their banner expired).

Heroes available only via GHB or Tempest Trials cannot be bought from the shop, have a longer wait time before becoming randomly available for purchase, and/or are extremely expensive (cost a lot of badges and great badges).

Special (seasonal) heroes cannot be bought from the shop, have a longer wait time before becoming randomly available for purchase, only available during specific times of the year, and/or are extremely expensive (cost a lot of badges and great badges).

I couldn't support any kind of trading or shop for existing heroes. If it becomes a thing, instead of people pulling time and time again for their favourite hero, they will just wait to trade. I know, because I'm one of those. Why would I spend lots of cash pulling for a Summer Xander when I know there will be people dying to get rid of him for one of the many 5*'s I don't particularly care for that I have pulled instead? Even if it costs a certain amount of orbs, it's still a guaranteed unit, in the end. 

Same with the shop. Again, why would I spend money pulling for Summer Xander if I could just buy him outright from a shop, even if I have to wait a bit? Feathers aren't really the hardest resource to get in the world now, either, so even being 1* isn't a hindrance. 

I'm not talking about the mega whales who will roll and reroll for IVs, but the slightly more minor ones who only care about getting their favourites. They still spend bits here and there, depending, and it all adds up. 

In the end, it would likely result in a large dip in income for the game, in my opinion. I couldn't support anything that had the potential to do that. 

I wouldn't mind a shop feature for heroes not in the game yet, though. Bringing out a few more heroes a month, maybe ones that people aren't as likely to spend money on but some people might still want... That's the only thing I could agree with, personally. 

Edited by Cute Chao

OP be like "Why are the mods getting on my case? All I did was break the rules and be obnoxious when called out on it. "

I think a trading system and/or shop would be fine features with certain limitations. A good game makes everything useful in some way, so having nothing to do with unwanted characters (besides getting a pittance of feathers by sending them home) is a flaw.

In order to keep the alure of pulling, I'd restrict trades to  the 3-4* pool (which is honestly where a lot of the good SI is at) and have orb returns instead of feathers for sending home 4* and 5* (1 orb and 10 orbs, perhaps).

On 8/21/2017 at 8:19 AM, NekoKnight said:

OP be like "Why are the mods getting on my case? All I did was break the rules and be obnoxious when called out on it. "

I think a trading system and/or shop would be fine features with certain limitations. A good game makes everything useful in some way, so having nothing to do with unwanted characters (besides getting a pittance of feathers by sending them home) is a flaw.

In order to keep the alure of pulling, I'd restrict trades to  the 3-4* pool (which is honestly where a lot of the good SI is at) and have orb returns instead of feathers for sending home 4* and 5* (1 orb and 10 orbs, perhaps).

Could've missed the mod tag. It's none too prominent.

I was considering that as well. I know I've been short on a few 3*-4*, like Nino and Bartre. That 5* +Spd -Res one I use to smash things? My only one. I know a friend who doesn't have any Eliwoods and wants one for personal use.

I'd question 4* send homes giving an orb. Seems a bit too generous for how common 4*s are, and I'd have said that before the rate swap- it's only more true now. 5*s, I'd accept having an orb return, but considering I don't like the 4* one, it's feasible it might need lowering. Maybe not.

19 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Could've missed the mod tag. It's none too prominent.

I was considering that as well. I know I've been short on a few 3*-4*, like Nino and Bartre. That 5* +Spd -Res one I use to smash things? My only one. I know a friend who doesn't have any Eliwoods and wants one for personal use.

I'd question 4* send homes giving an orb. Seems a bit too generous for how common 4*s are, and I'd have said that before the rate swap- it's only more true now. 5*s, I'd accept having an orb return, but considering I don't like the 4* one, it's feasible it might need lowering. Maybe not.

At a rate of 1 orb per 4*, it's not actually that much. Consider you do full pulls, the most orb efficient method, and all of them happen to to be 4* characters. You could send them all home and "make" 5 orbs, but in reality you're just losing 15 orbs with nothing to show for it. No characters or skill Inheritance. Just 15 orbs down.

The current feather compensation for sending characters home is irrelevant when you can make thousands of feathers a week doing Arena for free.

What I was thinking was the same trading system used in Pokemon  Tretta, an arcade game, with an additional orb payment added to it. You trade with an AI instead of actual person. (I apologise to anyone who has already talk about this idea )

So after each summoning session, there will be a small chance of about 10% where a random AI will ask you to trade 1 of your units with another fixed unit. Example: AI request that you trade your 4*Chrom with his 4*Camilla. If yes, you pay orbs or Sacred coins(just sayin') to perform the trade. All stats are random.

46 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

At a rate of 1 orb per 4*, it's not actually that much. Consider you do full pulls, the most orb efficient method, and all of them happen to to be 4* characters. You could send them all home and "make" 5 orbs, but in reality you're just losing 15 orbs with nothing to show for it. No characters or skill Inheritance. Just 15 orbs down.

The current feather compensation for sending characters home is irrelevant when you can make thousands of feathers a week doing Arena for free.

I'm thinking more about the fact that this would 'slow down' orb loss, which cuts slightly into profit.

Maybe it works, I dunno. But I'm skeptical.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

How are you getting this idea to the developers?

That's something l haven't figured out yet. l was planning to find something if this idea was liked by enough people. Besides, opinions on this idea seem to be divided so l can't even be sure it'd work since both sides provide good points. That doesn't change my position on this, of course, but l have to admit that many points are fairly good, and ideas to make this possible are about as good.

Like they say : Let's not worry about that until we have to worry about it.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

How are you getting this idea to the developers?

1 hour ago, Emil Amnell said:

That's something l haven't figured out yet. l was planning to find something if this idea was liked by enough people. Besides, opinions on this idea seem to be divided so l can't even be sure it'd work since both sides provide good points. That doesn't change my position on this, of course, but l have to admit that many points are fairly good, and ideas to make this possible are about as good.

Like they say : Let's not worry about that until we have to worry about it.

If you have not noticed, go to [Misc.], [Faq/etc.], and finally [Customer Support]. Select [Feedback] and [Features you like to see]. To make it easier on people who support your idea, write a feedback template in the original post so players can copy and paste the text on their phones. With enough support, it will prompt some sort of response.

As much as I'd want something like this implemented for social purposes, it will never, work. People will find a loophole to abuse it, and Nintendo/Intelligent Systems will lose revenue from such a thing. 

I said it elsewhere a couple months back; Int.Sys./Nintendo is a business, and a business' main purpose is to make money (unless you're a non-profit organization, even then, money is important). They will never put in a trading system for the game unless it can generate revenue (which it can't), and it's for the better. 

Don't bother reading the spoiler. It is irrelevant to the main topic, hence the spoiler.

Spoiler

@Emil Amnell, as a fellow Canadian, I am appalled at the behaviour I see you exhibiting towards eclipse, and the others on this thread who have disagreed with you. People are entitled to have a differing opinions from you. The fact that you waived them off in the manner that you did, shows that you have yet to fully grasp the maturity to respect other's opinions. 

Also, @eclipse is constantly "on your back", so to speak, is because you are breaking the rules. If you just followed them, she wouldn't have to bug you about it. She has enough on her plate as it is, and I start to worry that she's going to become more stressed from all the unnecessary "extra baggage" uneducated/uninformed members provide.

While it may not be any of my business to get involved, since I'm no mod (or have any desire to be one), I do feel that I need to step in at times considering the mods/admins are busy enough as it is, and I want to prevent others from repeating my own mistakes. I was your age once (I think you're younger than me, apologies if I'm wrong), and twice as self righteous and arrogant. It got me suspended and banned in quite a few places.  I only hope that you don't make the same mistakes.

Here are the forum rules. I advise you read it thoroughly and completely to ensure you know what you can and cannot do here. If you cannot accept and cohere to the rules, I suggest you go elsewhere.

If you are uncertain about something, just ask a mod/admin via PM. They'd be more than happy to assist you.

Have a good day.

.... My apologies.... I'm just tired of people who don't respect others.

...Someone didn't get their full 8-hours... 

29 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm more interested in seeing content where we can use friend's units, like Voting Gauntlet (but better).

They could give us the option to borrow a random friend's representative in the Training Tower, Story Maps, and Special Maps since none of those involve player vs player interaction or ranking. I would not mind it for Tempest Trials too, but players are ranked based on performance, although you still need a good team to do Lunatic consistently, so I am not sure if that would impact the ranking.

For the Arena, maybe they can make a Ferox/mercenary mode where we can only use our friend's units. If they expand the friend list more, we can even have Allied Assault or something.

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

They could give us the option to borrow a random friend's representative in the Training Tower, Story Maps, and Special Maps since none of those involve player vs player interaction or ranking. I would not mind it for Tempest Trials too, but players are ranked based on performance, although you still need a good team to do Lunatic consistently, so I am not sure if that would impact the ranking.

For the Arena, maybe they can make a Ferox/mercenary mode where we can only use our friend's units. If they expand the friend list more, we can even have Allied Assault or something.

I wish we also had some kind of "spar" mode, where you can challenge your friends' Arena defense teams at any time. Additionally, the inverse; play AS your friends' teams and fight against your own team, just to see how your own units fare under the AI.

I think most people that take this game seriously are against this idea for logical reasons.  Spending 100s or obs for a character and then all of the sudden introducing a system like you described where you spend a few orbs to get what you want would undermine everything and strongly discourage spending money on the game.  The amount of orbs that would need to be required to trade would have to be so large only a small percentage of people would use it.

Additionally, IVs would be a serious issue since some people care and some people don't.  Thus, people who don't care will gladly sacrifice their good IV units for another unit they want making it easier for everyone to get what they want.  

Finally, the amount of orbs would obviously need to be dependent on the rarity of the unit.  But what decides the rarity of the unit?  Shouldn't a 5* that is available as a 4* cost less than a 5* exclusive?  And shouldn't a 5* that appeared in only one focus cost more than a 5* that appeared in 5 focus?  And shouldn't a 'good' unit cost more than a 'bad' unit; how are the going to determine who is good and bad?  A tier list?  
How would the system determine the cost of a trading transaction fairly?  

Trading cannot be balanced.  No matter what they do, it will make the game easier for everyone.  

edit:  I would actually be fine with unit trading if it is restricted to 4* trading.  But 5*s are out of the picture.

Edited by Lushen

22 hours ago, Johann said:

I wish we also had some kind of "spar" mode, where you can challenge your friends' Arena defense teams at any time. Additionally, the inverse; play AS your friends' teams and fight against your own team, just to see how your own units fare under the AI.

You could put that in the feedback box thingy. :awesome: