FE Switch UI and Controls

Since the next game won't be on a dual screen handheld like the past five games were, how do you think the UI for maps will change? Will character info be moved to a second screen like in the GBA games, or will it be present on the side like in Fire Emblem heroes?

Also, do you think the control scheme will be tweaked as well with the franchises move to switch? Since the System uses a single capacitive touchscreen, moving characters like in FE heroes will be possible. Additionally, the games control scheme is simple enough to be played on a single joycon, making 2 player local co-op and battles possible.

Since the next game won't be on a dual screen handheld like the past five games were, how do you think the UI for maps will change? Will character info be moved to a second screen like in the GBA games, or will it be present on the side like in Fire Emblem heroes?

Also, do you think the control scheme will be tweaked as well with the franchises move to switch? Since the System uses a single capacitive touchscreen, moving characters like in FE heroes will be possible. Additionally, the games control scheme is simple enough to be played on a single joycon, making 2 player local co-op and battles possible.

The series did fine without dual screens for most of it's history. It'll be fine without them again. Things will be a little less convenient for sure, but not really any worse. They could try instituting a stats display screen with a transparent background so you can have the stats being shown while being able to make out the map itself (just make on joystick flip through the stat pages if multiple, while the other handles movement of the map cursor).

I don't see FE ever having good multiplayer, unless the multiplayer mode features fixed stats on units and no weapon forging/skills grinding. Being a turn-based RPG with lots of luck prevents that. Even FEH leaves out direct PvP.

It'll be more similar to games 1-10. Maybe they could add a square to the side of the screen that displays this, or just click a button to show it, which seems more likely.

I have a feeling the UI will be a more polished Radiant Dawn. 

I'm also interested if they're going to continue making cool sprites or 3D models. Style vs graphics...

The second screen, once they got it right on the 3DS, was SO convenient that I'm sad to say goodbye to it. But I like the old-school unit displays as well, so I hope they keep them on separate screens like it was before the DS. The way Heroes does it works for a mobile game but I'd rather not have stuff taking up room and blocking the action on a full release.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

It'll be more similar to games 1-10. Maybe they could add a square to the side of the screen that displays this, or just click a button to show it, which seems more likely.

I have a feeling the UI will be a more polished Radiant Dawn. 

I'm also interested if they're going to continue making cool sprites or 3D models. Style vs graphics...

I feel like it will be 3d models, the only reason they used sprites on the 3ds was because otherwise the 3ds would melt. I also just feel like the 3d models would work much better for the presentation than what the 3ds games did, the 2d sprites felt a bit weird in the 3d space.

As for the UI, I feel like it will be more like radiant dawn's fundamental UI with some of the conveniences of the 3ds games(save for the second screen).

I'm gonna call it now, you will need two switches to play it so that fans won't be robbed of the convenience of the second screen.

5 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I feel like it will be 3d models, the only reason they used sprites on the 3ds was because otherwise the 3ds would melt. I also just feel like the 3d models would work much better for the presentation than what the 3ds games did, the 2d sprites felt a bit weird in the 3d space.

As for the UI, I feel like it will be more like radiant dawn's fundamental UI with some of the conveniences of the 3ds games(save for the second screen).

I'm gonna call it now, you will need two switches to play it so that fans won't be robbed of the convenience of the second screen.

I agree with you. I have a feeling that they'd just make a cleaner version of Radiant dawn, graphics-wise. A sprited UI could be difficult and tricky- if it's not detailed enough it can be perceived as bad, but even if it's good, people would still complain about it. 3D would probably be safer.

Lmao if I need a second switch I'm gonna cry because it took me so long to get my first and only one.