FE 8 Battle Animation Problems

Swanky Bors

I was messing around with Fire Emblem 8 recently, where I had the idea of inserting Roy over Ephraim. This included his map animations, battle animations, portrait, weapon ranks, etc. Though I came to a problem: his animations would no longer load. I would like help so I can get this to work.

Well, no actually, I've imported the animation, but for whatever reason it will not load.

Edit: It will work for lances, but not swords, I assume because the data for Ephraim's battle animations are coded for lances, not swords.

Though that begs the question: How would one change that?

Edited by Swanky Bors
New information available

Use the Custom Battle Animation Editor to set up the animation for swords and any other weapons the class uses. Then, take the pointer for that entry, go to the Class Editor, and modify the battle animation pointer for the class.

17 hours ago, Primefusion said:

Use the Custom Battle Animation Editor to set up the animation for swords and any other weapons the class uses. Then, take the pointer for that entry, go to the Class Editor, and modify the battle animation pointer for the class.

How do I modify the pointer? The slider does not contain the custom animation pointers, at least in nightmare.

edit: never mind I found them, thank you for you insight

Edited by Swanky Bors
New information found