New info coming next week.

Escalario

Google Translate says info and images of new heroes, and that they will keep releasing new stuff until japanese launch (which is September 28th). Most likely the 2 characters they were teasing for the last few weeks (female rider and male archer).

Edited by Escalario

They really need to start accelerating the speed of the reveals, this is like the slowest Warriors reveals in the history of the franchise. 

I can only think that Intsys has a reason for that like how Nintendo kept Hyrule Warriors roster reveals limited. Or KT is just being weird.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I can only think that Intsys has a reason for that like how Nintendo kept Hyrule Warriors roster reveals limited. Or KT is just being weird.

I would find it hilarious if the goal here is to lower our expectations enough to completely blow our minds with a reveal that instantly amends every single complaint ever levelled at this game.

...It's a spectacularly idealistic pipe dream, but it would be spectacular.

Isn't the 28th after Gamescom, the place they hinted we'll see new characters? So what they're telling us here is effectively "we'll release the Gamescom info a week after Gamescom!"

At least they realize how slow they're being.

2 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Isn't the 28th after Gamescom, the place they hinted we'll see new characters? So what they're telling us here is effectively "we'll release the Gamescom info a week after Gamescom!"

At least they realize how slow they're being.

I think the 28 refers to the release in Japan, which is in september, not that the characters will be revealed the 28 of this month

20 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I think the 28 refers to the release in Japan, which is in september, not that the characters will be revealed the 28 of this month

I'm blind and a fool. Thank you for pointing this out, as I now have a renewed hope for next week's Famitsu.

29 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

I honestly just want a Direct at this point. 

A direct would be perfect, they'd be able to go into full detail and announce a string of characters, all while showing off footage. In fact, I'd bet that we'll be getting one next week or the week after. Maybe the beginning of September?

4 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I would find it hilarious if the goal here is to lower our expectations enough to completely blow our minds with a reveal that instantly amends every single complaint ever levelled at this game.

...It's a spectacularly idealistic pipe dream, but it would be spectacular.

I dno, I kinda doubt that considering people like you have been negative with literally everything and nitpicking literally everything.

I myself am quite satisfied with the mechanics and how it's looking as a Warriors game so far, but certain people seem to be superficial, it's not my roster of choice by any means but the game being a good Warriors title that utilizes FE styled mechanics should be what people care about.

So are you just going to continue being selfish or are you going to actually contribute to a discussion?

I mean I know the PR and marketing have been frustrating, but there's a point where you just realize some people have it out for the game regardless of what it shows.

2 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

I honestly just want a Direct at this point. 

I think that is ultimately what they are planning on. Something to keep in mind with Warriors so far is every single reveal since E3 has been Japan only. Japanese twitter, Japanese magazines and sites, all of it. None of these are actually official reveals for the US. 

There has to be a Direct, otherwise we get a game release with absolutely no advertising or news on it outside of Japan. Hell, we still don't even know the release date for the US and we are a little over a month from it's Japanese release date.

Edited by Tolvir

If I'm remembering right, the news cycle of hyrule warriors leading up to the direct was similar. Most information was released in Japanese media, and the Direct was a recap of that save for the surprise Ganondorf reveal at the end. The Hyrule Warriors Direct was just one week before Japanese release, so if a Direct really is in the cards, then get ready for the wait. 

I've mellowed out over FE Warriors in recent weeks. I'm less concerned about what I want in the game and more concerned that the game will come out on schedule. If recent AAA game releases have shown us anything, a delay can really ensure us a good product.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If I'm remembering right, the news cycle of hyrule warriors leading up to the direct was similar. Most information was released in Japanese media, and the Direct was a recap of that save for the surprise Ganondorf reveal at the end. The Hyrule Warriors Direct was just one week before Japanese release, so if a Direct really is in the cards, then get ready for the wait. 

I've mellowed out over FE Warriors in recent weeks. I'm less concerned about what I want in the game and more concerned that the game will come out on schedule. If recent AAA game releases have shown us anything, a delay can really ensure us a good product.

Kind of. FF15 had been delayed at least 2 times, maybe more if I remember things correctly and had ended up being a mess. Cut scenes missing where there should of been, things happening without explanation. Gameplay was great, base of the story was great, presentation was an absolute cluster fuck from hell.

I doubt Warriors gets delayed in the US. If it was getting delayed we would of heard about it by now. Sure their release schedule has been the slowest I think I have ever seen, but something as big as a delay, especially if it moves Warriors out of the Fall release area, would be too important to not say anything about. I think we will end up getting the release date at Gamescom this week if nothing else. As far as a better release schedule goes, I think a Direct is in store, nothing else. I also think it would be a great idea to release a demo, but I doubt that is in the cards at this point.

Edited by Tolvir

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

I also think it would be a great idea to release a demo, but I doubt that is in the cards at this point.

Aw, a demo would be fantastic! It would give me something to do with my Switch between throwing myself off the highest cliffs in Hyrule and getting 12th place in 200cc karting.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

6 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Aw, a demo would be fantastic! It would give me something to do with my Switch between throwing myself off the highest cliffs in Hyrule and getting 12th place in 200cc karting.

That and it would allow those of us who are getting it for 3DS to be able to see how it will run on the system. I also think it would be a good way of getting those on the fence about the game to make a final decision. There are a good bit of people who are on the fence due to roster, gameplay, etc. Giving them the chance to actually play the game might change their minds.

Edited by Tolvir

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

There does seem to be one difference though. Nintendo was pretty quick to do English versions of the character reveal trailers when Hyrule Warriors was coming. Heck, Japanese and English versions would often come around the same time.

Yet, there is so far no English equivalent trailer for Cordelia or Female Robin despite their trailers being released for quite a while by now.

I want Takumi and I want him to be able to access the flier-exclusive parts of the map with his bow. That'd be a fantastic little addition to make him stand out more. 

Would be nice if they revealed more of the plot and supports, too. I want to see Marth's reaction when Chrom tells him he's his descendant.

6 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I think that is ultimately what they are planning on. Something to keep in mind with Warriors so far is every single reveal since E3 has been Japan only. Japanese twitter, Japanese magazines and sites, all of it. None of these are actually official reveals for the US.

That's not quite true. The Awakening trailer with Robin, Lissa, Frederick, and Lucina was released in English and is on the English site. In fact, all that's really been Japan-only was the female Robin and Cordelia reveals.

Edited by Florete

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

I dno, I kinda doubt that considering people like you have been negative with literally everything and nitpicking literally everything.

I myself am quite satisfied with the mechanics and how it's looking as a Warriors game so far, but certain people seem to be superficial, it's not my roster of choice by any means but the game being a good Warriors title that utilizes FE styled mechanics should be what people care about.

So are you just going to continue being selfish or are you going to actually contribute to a discussion?

I mean I know the PR and marketing have been frustrating, but there's a point where you just realize some people have it out for the game regardless of what it shows.

You know... when Hyrule Warriors first came out, I was OK with Ocarina, didn't like Twilight and had no real knowledge of Skyward. In a way, those are the same set of opinions I have of Akaneia, Ylisse and Fates. Perhaps slightly lower for the FE set, but similar. I also had no experience with the Warriors titles.

And yet surprisingly, I played it more than the Smash game I got at the same time.

You'd think that Fire Emblem Warriors would be more exciting, now that I have a grounding in Warriors gameplay. But the hundreds of hours I've sunk into both Hyrule Warriors titles seems to be working against my FE hype- after the reveal that the characters are about as familiar to me as whatever random anime series that gets Warriors titles, I've found myself looking more and more for the game I bought semi-randomly and liked. And I just haven't seen it.

Cordelia exposed the shallowness of just wanting a fun pegasus knight. Robin makes me horrified for whatever character building you have to do- the material grinding for badges in Hyrule was horrifying. The way they're setting up your playable roster just doesn't scream out as the way I play Hyrule.

I want to like this game. This was a game I was excited for whenever the idea was brought up. But I don't think they're giving me an opening, and I don't even have a Switch this time- and there's no way I'd have the money even if I wasn't planning on spending money trying for Tana in Heroes. If they did wind up making a marketing U-turn, I'd be one of the people that actually gets excited about it before the horrifying realisation that I probably wouldn't even buy it if I was excited for it sinks in.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

That's not quite true. The Awakening trailer with Robin, Lissa, Frederick, and Lucina was released in English and is on the English site. In fact, all that's really been Japan-only was the female Robin and Cordelia reveals.

Forgot about that. That is true. Still though, there are a lot of details and news about the game that hasn't reached the west yet. Just something I wanted to point out as a lot of us tend to forget that because we are inside the Fire Emblem fandom we get to see these through fan translations and such. Others outside of places like Serenes and Reddit not so much.

9 hours ago, Tolvir said:

This isn't true. As somebody else pointed out, the Awakening Trailer was for all regions, but also, Cordelia and Female Robin were both revealed on NOA's Twitter.