Why does Pokémon make me so happy?

Ronnie

So I just rewatched this scene from the 3rd movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPzfJhEoQ0 and needless to say I was tearing up like a little kid.

Maybe it's just nostalgia but there's something incredibly charming about Pokémon and I guess that's why it's one of my favorite gaming series of all time. It's really fun going down memory lane and replaying the older games. At the same time most of the newer games are also fantastic. The anime overall is hit or miss but I can't deny it also has its wonderful moments. Anyways feel free to gush about Pokémon with me in this thread!

Edited by Ronnie

One reason: B. R. O. C. K.

Literally the very best thing about the anime, and the true reason it started going downhill after Gen 4 ended. "This'll be a recipe for victory!" SHUT UP CILAN NOBODY LOVES YOU

On 20-8-2017 at 11:07 PM, SoulWeaver said:

One reason: B. R. O. C. K.

Literally the very best thing about the anime, and the true reason it started going downhill after Gen 4 ended. "This'll be a recipe for victory!" SHUT UP CILAN NOBODY LOVES YOU

I agree with Cilan being a lackluster character, but I rather enjoyed Clemont in the X and Y series. THE FUTURE IS NOW THANKS TO SCIENCE!

Because the idea of going out into the world and befriending cool and loyal creatures is really appealing to a kid. I remember spending my birthday cake wishes on pokemon to become real as a child. All I wanted was friends.

Oh, and it can't be understated that the games are extremely high quality RPGs. Easy to pick up, plenty of depth, loads of replay value.

• 2 weeks later...

The stories of the games have also really gotten good starting from platinum. The characters have also been very interesting and deep. Just look at Black and White and all of cool characters like N, Ghetsis, the gym leaders ETC...

Its also very friendly for multiplayer. One of the biggest things about Pokemon is that it is required to trade with people to complete the game. This combined, with the fact how easy it is to interact with people to connect and battle with them with the just the use of wi-fi and buttons, makes it really easy to interact with people from the globe. Very few other games can rival how Pokemon brings people together. The competitors of the Pokemon World Championships after and before the final rounds playing with each other is a perfect example of how Pokemon brings people together. ( For those of you who don't know, its become a tradition after Worlds to play after they leave. )

• 1 month later...