Tharja is a bad mother. Why waifu?

Emperor

Never understood why people waifu up Tharja. I dont have a waifu and I find it odd but, out of all the awakening cast why her? She is hot but she is a horrible person and mother who caused Noire to have a split personality due to all the curses and hexes. How do you people justify that? I want to see your mental gymnastics at work. But if she is your waifu just because she is hot then whatever. 

bitch supreem.jpg

Well the reason I like her is because she's is an attractive, dark, devoted to Robin. Is the therapist for everyone trying help such characters overcome their obstacles such as Lon'qu, Gregor, Nowi, and Libra.she's so different than your standard Fire Emblem playable character. Not too many playable characters in the series are awful mothers or have negative traits. Beyond her stalkerness, she's surprisingly nice. Her conversation with Noire in Future Past is rather touching. And finally she's a dark mage in a game where that is one of the best classes, plusher outfit leaves little to the imagination.

Also about the whole abusive mother thing. The reason that Noire was so warped was because in the Lucina's timeline Tharja husband died fighting Grima. Leaving Tharja to lash out at poor Noire. Meaning Norie treatment as a guinea pig was an alternative timeline version of her at her worse.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Well the most straightforward answer is that players have no idea about her treatment of Noire before wife-ing her up, or anybody. Everything about Children units comes out of nowhere during Act 2, and the Avatar is the most likely character to get paired up first beyond Chrom's forced relationship.

Can't speak to what people see in Tharja, but I'll defend her treatment of Noire on the grounds that it's logical for her character. That Noire comes from an apocalyptic alternative future. And Tharja herself isn't portrayed as a morally upright or trustworthy person either. She's written to be the bad girl that tempts the player.

I think she would make a great villain actually, they should have switched her with Aversa. I liked her voice and her design, she's a dark haired woman with a dark personality in a group of happy people so she stands out. I don't like her backstory or her main trait of following Robin around though, but I really liked her interactions with the other characters in particular with Donnel. I found her amusing, other than the Noire bit.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Well the most straightforward answer is that players have no idea about her treatment of Noire before wife-ing her up, or anybody. Everything about Children units comes out of nowhere during Act 2, and the Avatar is the most likely character to get paired up first beyond Chrom's forced relationship.

I waifued her up in my first awakening run because just like Brendan from FE7 I listened to my dick. Massive regrets after. 

11 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Devoted to Robin.

She is a bit more then devoted lets be real here. Reminds me of those Harem shows where the girls for no real reason all want the MC's shlong

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Her conversation with Noire in Future Past is rather touching.  

Yea if you ignored everything she did to her. Actions speak louder then words. 

Er, I think the whole "waifu" thing does not care about that. Hot fictional girl? Waifu! Somehow cool fictional girl? Waifu! Really depends on what people like but I think it mostly has to do with pure physical or other attraction. Not what kind of mother or GF the girl would be. I mean, people have outright crazy psychos for waifus sometimes.
Tharja also has dark thoughts, is a stalker and deals with dark magic. Might be some of that domination appeal? Plenty of people into that...

14 minutes ago, Emperor said:

She is a bit more then devoted lets be real here. Reminds me of those Harem shows where the girls for no real reason all want the MC's shlong

Well in Awakening, Tharja is really the one person that wants to be with Robin before a S-rank support not really a harem. 

16 minutes ago, Emperor said:

Yea if you ignored everything she did to her. Actions speak louder then words. 

As I said in the edit of my post, most of Norie, treatment of Tharja comes from her future self. Tharja in her A support flat out says she love Noire. Just not normal motherly kind.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Well in Awakening, Tharja is really the one person that wants to be with Robin before a S-rank support not really a harem. 

I meant she acts like a girl FROM a harem not that all the girls in awakening are like harem girls that want the Robin D. Should have specified a bit more

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

As I said in the edit of my post, most of Norie, treatment of Tharja comes from her future self. Tharja in her A support flat out says she love Noire. Just not normal motherly kind.

She says she loves her yea, but actions speak louder then words and in her C and B she does practice hexes and stuff and her supports with her father do indicted that she is STILL being treated like a lab rat last I remembered. Her saying I love you means nothing if she abuses the child you know? 

2 minutes ago, Emperor said:

She says she loves her yea, but actions speak louder then words and in her C and B she does practice hexes and stuff and her supports with her father do indicted that she is STILL being treated like a lab rat last I remembered. Her saying I love you means nothing if she abuses the child you know? 

True, Tharja is not a good mother. But why would be a good mother in the first place? Most of the mothers in Awakening are on good terms with their sons and daughters. But Tharja? She's from a country where people are sacrificed to Grima to he can one day destroy to  world. Being raised from a family of dark of dark mages.Besides it make her distint from other parents.

As for the rest of the supports between Tharja and Norie. It is not about Norie being tested as a lab rat, but instead Tharja seeing Norie's potential power in the dark arts.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

True, Tharja is not a good mother. But why would be a good mother in the first place? Most of the mothers in Awakening are on good terms with their sons and daughters. But Tharja? She's from a country where people are sacrificed to Grima to he can one day destroy to  world. Being raised from a family of dark of dark mages.Besides it make her distint from other parents.

As for the rest of the supports between Tharja and Norie. It is not about Norie being tested as a lab rat, but instead Tharja seeing Norie's potential power in the dark arts.

In her A she says she does not want her to be a Dark magic users though? And there are other ways to make your daughter a dark wizard then using hexes on her me thinks.  And even if she is born in Plegia and her parents did the same to her its still does't parden her. But atleast its a reason I guess. 

Personally I love her because she's badass, beautiful, and her morally ambiguous personality is rather intriguing to me as well. I had Robin marry her in my first playthrough of Awakening and didn't regret that decision in the slightest honestly, haha. Her support conversations with Nah and Libra are pretty great as well, and her conversation with Robin (married) in that beach DLC is pretty nice too. And Stephanie Sheh's voice for her? Freaking awesome performance IMO (that being said, I feel she truly perfected the voice in Fates as "Rhajat")

As for the whole "abusive mother" thing... While I'm not defending that in the slightest, I do feel it's important to note that the Tharja in the present and the Tharja in the ruined future aren't "necessarily" the same person. Those are two rather different contexts if I'm being honest. 

On 8/20/2017 at 7:11 PM, Emperor said:

only correct answer. 

50% of the only correct answer (Kinky. Hot AND Kinky.) There's lots of pretty girls in Awakening. If Tharja is your favorite, you probably have a BDSM fetish.

Edited by Shoblongoo

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:25 PM, Sweet_Basil said:

I don't like her backstory or her main trait of following Robin around though

Seeing as Robin is the human form of the god that she worships, why wouldn't she stalk him?

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

50% of the only correct answer (Kinky. Hot AND Kinky.) There's lots of pretty girls in Awakening. If Tharja is your favorite, you probably have a BDSM fetish.

So you are saying that I have a thing for BDSM. Explain your reasoning