Vestaria Saga 1: Official Translation Announced

Aethin

Syozo Kaga announced on his blog here about the current plans to get Vestaria Saga 1 (translated):

"There have been many questions from fans overseas recently, so I'll inform you to the extent that I can.

The translation work of Vestaria Saga 1 into English is currently underway. Whether or not it can be ultimately realized is still uncertain, but the work has been entrusted to an overseas publisher experienced in localization, so [if it goes through,] it may very well be released within the next year.

Because of the labor cost involved, the translated game will cost money. But if that's all right with you, please do give it a try."

(Thank gods, too, because I don't know if I'd be able to tackle a 3rd KagaSaga game after Berwick.)

-------------

UPDATE:  Kaga has gone on to announce a planned Summer 2018 release for Vestaria Saga I. Hooray!

Edited by Aethin
update with new news

Now that's a surprise. I never even considered the possibility of an official translation. But I suppose I don't want to get overly exited just yet when the announcement itself says that the translation might not actually come to pass in the end. Still, it's great to know that there is currently a serious effort going on to get this game translated.

Now I would really like to know how that version is supposed to get distributed if it is intended to get sold.

Edited by BrightBow

Yessssssssssss!- I hope!

But I don't have a gaming PC. Will a laptop suffice?

11 minutes ago, Aethin said:

(Thank gods, too, because I don't know if I'd be able to tackle a 3rd KagaSaga game after Berwick.)

Take your time, I'll be thanking you for your toil, as I currently am doing right now.

I really want to play Berwick Saga because of how different it is, and I want to know more about it. How are the characters? How built up is the world? How is the story? How much of a role do all these Side Missions play in contributing to the above? 

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yessssssssssss!- I hope!

But I don't have a gaming PC. Will a laptop suffice?

Take your time, I'll be thanking you for your toil, as I currently am doing right now.

I really want to play Berwick Saga because of how different it is, and I want to know more about it. How are the characters? How built up is the world? How is the story? How much of a role do all these Side Missions play in contributing to the above? 

Considering Vestaria Saga is built off of the SRPG engine, I don't think you need a particularly strong computer/laptop to run it.

As a patron and new fan of Kaga's post-IntSys Saga works, this pleases me greatly. I got kinda jealous of those of you who just plunged in, language barrier be damned, and now there is a very real chance that I will get to try it out too.

Also, Pixelman, your sig quote about Gundam made me laugh out loud at work. :lol:

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There's a pretty small cast of playable characters, and they all get a good amount of screen time. The world is extremely fleshed out, even moreso post-release thanks to Kaga's dev notes on his blog.

As for the plot, some people have called it Kaga's version of FE9 (even going so far as to hypothesize they might've both been based off some notes Kaga wrote when he was at IntSys). Personally, I don't feel like it's as similar as others claim; the main similarity is that Chaos serves as a Black Knight character to your party member Faye.

Subplots/sub-missions are numerous and welcome; a little under 2/3 of the missions are optional. They don't advance the plot much, but they help flesh out the world, and they help to drive home that despite the massive war raging, you're really just a lower-class lord doing small war errands for the king, since your army is pretty piddly.

Edited by Aethin

10 hours ago, Aethin said:

As for the plot, some people have called it Kaga's version of FE9 (even going so far as to hypothesize they might've both been based off some notes Kaga wrote when he was at IntSys). Personally, I don't feel like it's as similar as others claim; the main similarity is that Chaos serves as a Black Knight character to your party member Faye.

There's also the twin divine blades, with the Black Knight wielding one of them. That surely cannot be mere coincidence.

Anyway, this is fantastic news that I'd never thought I'd hear. I'm also curious about who the mystery publisher is...

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

There's also the twin divine blades, with the Black Knight wielding one of them. That surely cannot be mere coincidence.

Let's not forgot Berwick's Apostle Sanacia who cannot hear the Goddess's voice.

There's also a certain something hidden inside TRS1 I will always find curious, Elincia. This isn't a fanmade portrait in TRS's style, this was found in the first game's files.

On topic, having played the Japanese version, I can say I'm pretty damned hyped for this

020.gif

That's great news, and I don't have an issue paying some money for a translation (as long as it ain't full priced). I assume it will be available through Steam or something.

I tried it out in japanese back when it came out but even just the gameplay is a bit complicated when you're pressing buttons and stats you don't understand.

• 8 months later...

So they are with certainly going to release this game aboard after all? Yippee! I was expressing my doubts about this game getting translated.

...Just please don't delay this puppy until the Fall! Otherwise it won't be until the Winter Solstice is past that I'll get to play it!