Heroes "Fusions" Idea

I posted this idea in the Pull Topic, but since some other questionable ideas (namely auctions and trade) have had their own topics, I decided to invent one for what I generically and for ease of explanation call "fusion"- as I borrowed the idea from Shin Megami Tensei. It really isn't fusion- call it "Sending Summoning" or "Essence Summoning" or "Bond Summoning", I'll just continue saying fusion for the ease of it.

Rather than alchemically fuse humans together, you're sending the summoned Heroes you've selected away in a ritualistic fashion. As they leave you, each leaves a parting gift of the time they spent with you- a piece of their "essence". The two distinct essences merge in the ritual, and this is then used to reach out into the multiverse and summons a particular Hero to you. The specific and unique combination of essences combined determines what Hero is drawn to you. What I call "Sacrifice Fusion" involves having another individual do the same as the first two, but in this case they offer a little more of their "essence" than the other two- a "soul shard" let us call it (not their whole soul, just a little piece they which they can live without) . This soul shard is added to the essences, and when the essences find the right Hero to summon, the soul shard is merged with the newly summoned Hero, enhancing their abilities (SP and EXP at base, Skill Inheritance).

"Special Fusion" lets you use up to 5 Heroes in one of a handful predefined summoning "recipes". For instance, all the Nohrian royals plus F!Corrin could give you King Garon. Or blend a Lucius plus a Karel and a Fir to make a FE!6 Karel. Certain units, like Seasonals, GHBs, and TTs would be off limits from being made by fusion, as would characters in new banners- at least until they're added to the normal summoning pool- so right now you couldn't fuse a Tana because the Magvel Banner is ongoing, but you could later once it's over. Yet even Seasonals and the others could be used as fusion material. Of course, they could use Special Fusion to force you to get a full set of seasonals + extras of your favorites. Take one of all the Nohrian Summer units and fuse them to summon a Summer!Camilla.

So you're not actually creating Heroes, you're just selectively summoning Heroes with the help of other Heroes. You're using their power to control and direct your summoning through the tangled and infinite web of the multiverse. Of course, the essences and soul shards won't be enough to fuel the process- hence the need for Orbs, and maybe even Feathers.

If Fates allows you to create new life in the form of Bond Units via your strong bonds to other players- why not make the summoner's strong love and friendship bonds with the summoned do as I suggest?

For a player, if you knew the fusion chart stuff well or used the online fusion guide that'd invariably spring up in the fanbase, you could work your way towards a desired result over the course of many fusion rituals. But all that for just 1 unit? It'd take a toll on your Orbs supply, and who knows- maybe the process leads to you burning through lots of units you'd otherwise consider for Skill Inheritance- or what if the route most readily available to you takes one of your coveted 5 Stars? And in the end, "fusion" would be a net loss to your unit supply, so you'd have to do normal summoning sooner or later to replenish your "fusion" stock, and you never know if you'll get the most desirable of ingredients for working towards your ultimate goal of a "fusing" a Sonya or whoever it is you're after. And I said nothing about dropping the randomness of boons and banes from the equation. 

In other words, it wouldn't make it too easy to get your heart's desires, and the challenge in getting your favorites is needed to get people to spend time and money on gatcha games. 

The major issue I think is DeNA making an organized fusion chart of archetypes for determining what-makes-what for a game with a constantly growing list of units.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I would rather see offspring maniac! Breed them alltogether and get your unique units!

I would not mind if they introduce child characters that way. I want Limit Breaker on my F!Morgan. It would be cool if the kids produced this way will have trainee stats.

Huh... Not a half-bad idea. I personally didn't like the idea of the shops and auctions, since people could find a way to abuse it via multiple accounts. This way you mention makes it so only one account is involved: your own. 

I can see this being a slow grind, like feathers were upon the game's release.

What I would do, to build upon your idea, is merge it with the Send Home option in the game. From there, sending home a hero can give you a choice between feathers and this "essence" you speak of, but not both. And maybe rarer units (in terms of availibility) could give more essence.

If that we're the case, I can see (holiday) exclusive units like Bridelia and  Summer Leo giving the most, followed by 5* exclusive units, and GHB units giving the least (Narcian, I'm looking at you). 

Maybe after that, the unit's current rarity could then be taken into consideration as for how much essence you receive.

The recipes are just as interesting, though I would broaden what results one could get. So instead of having a Hector recipe, maybe it could be a movement/type based recipe like an armor unit recipe, or a weapon/affinity recipe, like an axe unit recipe. That way, we still don't know what we'll get, but it's more likely we could get (insert wanted hero here) due to a narrowed down summoning pool. 

As for how many orbs it'd cost? If I could choose, I'd say maybe 2 or 3 per summon since you had to grind and spend tons of orbs to get all that essence in the first place.

That's what I can think of at the moment. Like I said earlier, I like how this idea can't be abused in the way that a Hero shop or trade/auction would. 

As for downsides, I actually can't really think of anything...I'll be back to expand upon this part later...

I guess that's one way to get rid of the summoning pentagram ritual thing XD

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I would not mind if they introduce child characters that way. I want Limit Breaker on my F!Morgan. It would be cool if the kids produced this way will have trainee stats.

I literally envisioned the exact same thing when I thought about this. You essentially get child units with trainee stats and special stat spreads based on the IVs of the parent units. For example, if you have a +Spd/-Res Lon'Qu and marry him to a +Spd/-Def Olivia, then you get a Inigo that has +2 Spd from his neutral Spd stat, and -1 Def/Res from his neutral Def and Res stat, or something to that effect. Perhaps when they marry their unit comes as a 2 stars so that it's just not free 3-5* OP high BST trainee units, either that or maybe you would just sacrifice the parents.

All of my Fusions are "not terrible. But not impressive..."

I would maybe be down with Fusion. Depending on recipes or fusion charts, it can make some characters like Beruka, Est, or the mountain of infantry swords more worthwhile to keep around. Have the result's nature be a random selection from either parent. That way if players want a +Atk/-Res result, then they'll either need both parents with that nature, or one parent and take the 50/50 gamble. It might also serve as a way of nabbing seasonal units. Cordelia plus archers equals killing machine. I have no idea what this sort of feature ought to cost the player

"Fusion" Summoning is illegal if it is unrestricted. It is considered Complete Gacha. Essentially what it means is that a game like FE Heroes cannot require specific units from the gachapon to be used to get other units. Even the child units thing would likely be illegal unless you kept both the "parents" after the fusion, and the child unit was randomly determined or something along those lines. However, units that are not available in the summoning pool (GHB units) would be able to be used for a "fusion" summoning because they are not locked behind orbs which are monetized in real world currency (they're free).

Edited by Ressueah