Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi and Leo confirmed

Jedi

I'm slowly but surely getting my big wants for this game, not that I'm surprised by that at all considering their popularity.

I have Lucina & f Robin from Awakening, and f Corrin, & Camilla for Fates, that just leaves either Tiki (child seems a shoe-in) and Tharja..at least for the games represented, I still hope to see Lyn, Eirika, Hector, Ike, and Roy as DLC.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the characters look great.  I do have to say though, that Hinoka's English voice sounds very off.  If I remember correctly, in Fates she had a pretty husky voice, but her voice sounds like someone with a higher pitched voice is trying to be husky.  And while Camilla's voice is alright in my book, it's also a bit higher pitched too.

All-in-all, I think everyone looks great though and I'm interested to see the gameplay/moveset for Camilla, Leo, and Takumi.

1 minute ago, Pokechu said:

I'm confused. I haven't played any Warriors games besides Hyrule Warriors, though.

I'm still lost as to how Sakura and Elise are perfect as NPC's. They'd make really diverse characters to play as!

They would, but so would've most of the characters I mentioned above. By perfect, I meant they're not explicitly battle-ready, even less so than Lissa. Whatever purpose they could fill, they can easily do it through in-battle dialogue, if need be.

The only other chance they have to be playable is in a reveal with Azura. Otherwise, I think NPC is what they'll be heading for.

6 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

They would, but so would've most of the characters I mentioned above. By perfect, I meant they're not explicitly battle-ready, even less so than Lissa. Whatever purpose they could fill, they can easily do it through in-battle dialogue, if need be.

The only other chance they have to be playable is in a reveal with Azura. Otherwise, I think NPC is what they'll be heading for.

What if Sakura, Elise and Azura are just assists?

Leo's still Max Mittleman. Kinda weird how he's the only one who's stayed the same. Takumi's Michael Sinterniklaas, who did him Heroes. Hinoka also seems to have her Heroes VA, Cindy Robinson. Camilla sounds like neither Paula Tiso or Misty Lee... .

Why are they so phobic about showing actual gameplay in trailers?

7 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

All the characters look great.  I do have to say though, that Hinoka's English voice sounds very off.  If I remember correctly, in Fates she had a pretty husky voice, but her voice sounds like someone with a higher pitched voice is trying to be husky.  And while Camilla's voice is alright in my book, it's also a bit higher pitched too.

Hinoka's voice actress is definitely still Cindy Robinson though, I'd recognize her voice anywhere since she also voices Makoto Nanaya in Blazblue (at until they stopped doing English voices :C) and Labrys in Persona 4 Arena.

The voice actress for Camilla sounds like the same persona but doing it a bit higher pitched.

As others have noted, this is likely just another change in voice direction seeing as Takumi's VA pointed out the change between Fates and Heroes, maybe Tecmo Koei is doing voice direction for this one.

All in all though, I don't mind the voices..granted, I grew up in the 90s when actually bad voice acting was the norm (Mega Man 8 and X4 anyone?)

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if Sakura, Elise and Azura are just assists?

Assists would be fine with me (like SW2 Bodyguards?), heck at this point, I'm really fine with anything, but I feel Azura would be a necessity, as she's one of rare lance infantry. In the case that Donnel, Mozu or Oboro don't show up, she's the only unit with those qualifications, unless they're counting Armor as infantry too, in which case Draug might fill that spot (he might be in anyways, as far as we know).

10 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Leo's still Max Mittleman. Kinda weird how he's the only one who's stayed the same. Takumi's Michael Sinterniklaas, who did him Heroes. Hinoka also seems to have her Heroes VA, Cindy Robinson. Camilla sounds like neither Paula Tiso or Misty Lee... .

Why are they so phobic about showing actual gameplay in trailers?

Gah, only another 2 hours until I can actually watch the video. I wanna hear these voices! By the by, anyone else here prefer Sinterniklaas as Takumi over Rose? I'm on the fence with who I like more as Niles, but Sinterniklaas sounds really good as Takumi to me, in Heroes at least (I don't even have him yet).

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

1 hour ago, AJ Okami said:

At the end of the Nintendo UK trailer it says 20th of October

I guess I stand corrected as far as the method for revealing the release date is concerned.  Not surprising in the slightest that we'd be getting the game a month later in the west.  I'm very glad we finally know, though.

14 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

I'm confused. I haven't played any Warriors games besides Hyrule Warriors, though.

I'm still lost as to how Sakura and Elise are perfect as NPC's. They'd make really diverse characters to play as!

I think it's less about whether or not they're diverse and more that even if they didn't make the cut, they'd make great supporting units.  In a sense, they're too significant not to include in some sense, so regardless of the final roster of playable characters, you're still gonna see them in FE Warriors anyway.

Spoiler

It'd also give them an excuse to shoe in some cheap plot deaths to stir emotion...  I could definitely see them recreating Elise's death scene from BR in the game.  Though I'm not particularly a fan of that prospect, as I saw a lot of the story deaths in Fates to be kinda cheap.  But that's just me.

I definitely think we'll be getting our fair share of NPCs regardless of whether or not the remaining royals would be NPCs because there's nothing about their wording that suggests Anna would be the only one, or even that there'd be so few.  Warriors games have officers, so those we won't see as playable characters will likely show up either to assist us in holding/raiding keeps, or to stand against us while we try to push into enemy keeps.  There's also the possibility that we could issue orders to them (didn't play HWL or watch much FE Warriors footage, so don't know how that worked), so even if you don't control them directly, you can still have some level of control over them.

Though I wonder what that says about how many known characters will be in the game, and which of these recognizable faces will be playable.  I could definitely see them making Elice or Nyna from Archanea NPCs, since they're extremely plot relevant characters, but don't really offer much as far as combat is concerned.  Anyone who has significant relevance to the plot that doesn't make it in as a playable character is likely to appear as an NPC.  Even those that might be unique NPCs like Yukimura.

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I don't know what it says about my state of mind that my reaction to this is "hopefully we're not getting material crafting again."

It says that you don't want half-baked RPG elements in your Warriors games.

I myself found the crafting system to be kind of tedious and uninspired.  I'd be okay with forging weapons as long as it doesn't get too elaborate or ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It says that you don't want half-baked RPG elements in your Warriors games.

I myself found the crafting system to be kind of tedious and uninspired.  I'd be okay with forging weapons as long as it doesn't get too elaborate or ridiculous.

I'd just want the crafting to not require farming like used in Hyrule Warriors. Ye gods, farming rare materials, frequently for multiple characters...

If the convoy we've seen so far means that the characters get to share weapons, I'd like to see the Smithy back, with the addition of allowing Slots to be added to a preexisting weapon. 5* rarity and eight slots was just too luck-based to be fun, especially when you had to do it for all characters. I only managed it on Volga in terms of characters I used, but I think some other characters like Tetra got it by happenstance...

Leo and Hinoka threw me for a loop, but a pleasant one overall. Chalk me up for the little sisters making their way in, especially if they're given some later class upgrades like Lissa with her axe (not sure if Sakura should get either scrolls or a spear, but Elise could easily get some hidden weapons). As for Azura; I'm still wholly convinced we'll get a third Fates set of characters in the form of Azura, followed by either Corrin's retainers (Felcia/Jackob, Silas, and Kaze) or the Awakening Trio.

In the inmortal words of Phillip J. Fry: "I am shocked! SHOCKED! Well, not that shocked."

Nice trailer. Always great to have more characters and the Fates royals are all nice additions. I agree the English voices sound a bit off, specially Camilla, but I guess I'll get used to it. 

Hoping for some nice surprises in a later SD reveal. 

Okay new trailer, new thoughts:

• Corrin Japanese voice is more high pitch than I have expected. 
  • Nice to see most of the royals make it  in the game. Sorry Sakura and Elise, maybe next time.
  • Wonder how the devs will differentiate Hinoka and Cordelia? Maybe Hinoka would be more of a tip of the spear style of play, while Cordelia have sweeping attacks.
  • Some of the voices seems a bit off of the English dub. Don't really know the major contributor to the problem . 
  • When is Tharja's reveal?

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/gamescom/Nintendo-of-Europe-s-gamescom-2017-website-1251168.html#

Saturday August 26th

10:00 – Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay

12:00 – SteamWorld Dig 2 with Image & Form

12:30 – Flipping Death gameplay with Zoink Games

15:00 – Yoku's Island Express gameplay with Villa Gorilla

16:00 – ARMS tournament

Looks like they're going to stream more this Saturday.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

@Jedi, do Warriors games normally do NPCs? Don't actually remember Hyrule having any, come to think of it...

Some Warriors games have unique NPCs or unique generals who weren't playable. It's not nearly as common as it used to be though.

4 hours ago, Florete said:

English version

Is it me or do they all sound way different?

...Yeah, they do all sound different, even the Awakening characters here (Frederick and Chrom don't sound as deep for instance). The acting here sounds very off too. It was great in the Awakening trailer, but this? They just deliver their lines very awkwardly, especially Hinoka who just sounds dumb. She's my favorite Fates royal besides Ryoma too. Man, why... :(

I'm so glad to see both her and Takumi though!

But I'm also wondering where Azura, Elise, and Sakura are... o_O It seems odd to have the other royals and not them, especially Azura.

Looks like the US will get this game last. Still no release date here, while Europe got one. Sigh...I better brace myself for spoilers...

Edited by Anacybele

I don't even know why I keep up with this game. It just feels so dull for what should be a really exciting release. Totally predictable characters, boring presentation, bad voice acting, plastic-y models... The most shocking thing about the updates is that Azura hasn't been shown yet.

Just now, Tolvir said:

Anything on a release date? I saw something that said October 20th, but the article said that was the Europe release, and there was nothing as far as a US release yet.

It's unlikely the U.S. release will be that far out.  In fact if anything, it'd probably come out before Europe because Europe always seems to get slightly shafted in this regard.  This is especially true since it was specifically Nintendo of the UK that revealed the date, so we know for a fact that an English version will be finished by then.

50 minutes ago, DIO said:

Leo and Hinoka threw me for a loop, but a pleasant one overall. Chalk me up for the little sisters making their way in, especially if they're given some later class upgrades like Lissa with her axe (not sure if Sakura should get either scrolls or a spear, but Elise could easily get some hidden weapons). As for Azura; I'm still wholly convinced we'll get a third Fates set of characters in the form of Azura, followed by either Corrin's retainers (Felcia/Jackob, Silas, and Kaze) or the Awakening Trio.

Hate to burst your bubble, but hidden weapons were confirmed to not be in the game a while back.

Also, Sakura's promotions don't include a class that can use spears; she can either go for scrolls or yumi.  You might be thinking of the Great Master class, which is a parallel to Sakura's canon class Priestess, but that's a male exclusive class.

7 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's unlikely the U.S. release will be that far out.  In fact if anything, it'd probably come out before Europe because Europe always seems to get slightly shafted in this regard.  This is especially true since it was specifically Nintendo of the UK that revealed the date, so we know for a fact that an English version will be finished by then.

It's not impossible for the US to get the game last. There have been times where we did. *cough*Yoshi's Woolly World*cough*

But yeah, if there are anymore Fates reveals before release, I have my fingers crossed for Azura, Elise, and Silas!

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Anything on a release date? I saw something that said October 20th, but the article said that was the Europe release, and there was nothing as far as a US release yet.

I wouldn't worry about it. Aside from freak accidents like Xenoblade America generally has to wait merely a week or so if Europe gets a game earlier. Unlike the other way around where they keep Europe waiting for half a year or longer .