Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi and Leo confirmed

Jedi

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...but she's too obsessed with Marth.

Of course; she wants only the best for Marth. and doesn't it only make sense for the best outcome to be achieved with the strongest allies and the respect and admiration of the people? It's perfectly logical...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Hinoka aside I don't think the voices are that bad actually. They don't rock my world but I'd say they are passable. 

Yeah, I agree. People are just overreacting as normal.

50 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I dont think the voice acting is all that bad either. I am mostly reserving judgement for the actual game though. Between the Corrin Smash trailer and the segments of Fates we got before release, everyone thought the voice acting was terrible, and then when the game released people mellowed out a bit and realized it really wasnt that bad. I wont be surprised for that to be the same situation here, trailers and small clips like this tend to not do the voice acting justice.

A vocal minority still believe Fates' dub is awful-- the people acting like they're writing off FEW already likely aren't going to change their minds any.

Edited by The DanMan

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Yeah, I agree. People are just overreacting as normal.

A vocal minority still act like Fates' dub is awful-- the people acting like they're writing off FEW already likely aren't going to change their minds any.

Definitely not. I tend to try and avoid any updates on Warriors over on reddit, there are still people going on about how the game should of been Jugdral, Tellius, and Elibe. They act like Koei spit in their faces and destroyed their childhood dreams, its quite comical at this point. Like you said, people havent changed their mind yet, why would they start to when the game releases.

16 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Definitely not. I tend to try and avoid any updates on Warriors over on reddit, there are still people going on about how the game should of been Jugdral, Tellius, and Elibe. They act like Koei spit in their faces and destroyed their childhood dreams, its quite comical at this point. Like you said, people havent changed their mind yet, why would they start to when the game releases.

Yeah, and let's face it, even if it was just Tellius, Jugdral, and Elibe, there would still be complaints from different people about the 3DS games and SD not being included. You're never going to please everyone and there will always be some vocal hatred. It stinks, but it's reality.

Edited by Anacybele

Personally I think Takumi sounds better here than in Heroes. Cindy Robinson's Hinoka sounds fine when she isn't trying to imitate Elizabeth Daily's performance, and everyone else is good. Guessing that people are looking for reasons to complain as usual.

I wasn't expecting Hinoka after Cordelia was announced, but I figure that the developers can make two lance using Pegasus Knights play differently enough. If Caeda gets in, will she, Cordelia, and Hinoka be able to perform a Triangle Attack together? Based on how Awakening was handled we might get Azura and M!Corrin announced together before moving on to Archanea.

People saying "oh, so and so isn't in the game, me no buy" is getting old very quickly. There is a thing called DLC, you know? At least try to support the game so we can perhaps get a sequel, which features Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel and Tellius.

People need to stop being so petty.

31 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

People saying "oh, so and so isn't in the game, me no buy" is getting old very quickly. There is a thing called DLC, you know? At least try to support the game so we can perhaps get a sequel, which features Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel and Tellius.

To play devils advocate here, games are becoming more expensive nowadays. In my country, Warriors is already 80 dollars, and dlc costs about the base of the game on top (typically, not always). 160 dollars is a lot of money, and for a crossover type game where the appeal is the cast of characters, a subpar cast is more than a  valid reason to reconsider. Also, characters from other games are not guaranteed i n the sequel, and even if they were, that's another 80 on top. Now I will admit it's a tad petty to reject based on one character, but for many it's not ex. No Ninian, no buy, it's No Ninian, Ike, Lyn, Sigurd, etc. If they choose not to support the game, that's there choice. They have no obligation to do so, just so they get the chance at what they felt should have been in the game in the first place.

1 minute ago, DeoGame said:

To play devils advocate here, games are becoming more expensive nowadays. In my country, Warriors is already 80 dollars, and dlc costs about the base of the game on top (typically, not always). 160 dollars is a lot of money, and for a crossover type game where the appeal is the cast of characters, a subpar cast is more than a  valid reason to reconsider. Also, characters from other games are not guaranteed i n the sequel, and even if they were, that's another 80 on top. Now I will admit it's a tad petty to reject based on one character, but for many it's not ex. No Ninian, no buy, it's No Ninian, Ike, Lyn, Sigurd, etc. If they choose not to support the game, that's there choice. They have no obligation to do so, just so they get the chance at what they felt should have been in the game in the first place.

Games cost 80 dollars in Canada? Wow that's steep.

32 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

While i personally will be buying the game, it's only because of the characters I like actually being in it. Are you seriously demanding that people pay more than 60$/€ for a game that doesn't appeal to them in the vague hope that they'll get something out of it in the future? If you aren't already a fan of warrior games and not a single character appeals to you, why would you put that much cash into it? People need incentives to buy a game. If they don't have any, they are not buying it. It's the same for every game out there. You don't have a "duty" of buying this game just because you are in the FE fandom.

Edited by Nanima

Trailer was not particularly surprising, though I'll admit I didn't expect Hinoka. Speaking of whom, her new voice is pretty terrible, but c'est la vie.

I'm hoping that there's more Fates characters than just Corrin and the boring ol' royal sibs. Gimme folks like Niles, Oboro, Arthur, Setsuna, or the Awakening Trio.

Trailer was pretty much what was expected, the most notable thing being the confirmation of Hinoka as playable.

I'd be surprised if Elise isn't playable, despite her absence here.  She's the most notable troubadour rep, the first Fates character with a released figure (Camilla's figure and F!Corrin's Figma were announced at the same time as Elise's Nendo, but aren't released yet), the second most popular Fates female in the Nintendo Dream Fates poll and the 4th most popular Fates female in the official poll.  By extension, I expect Sakura to be playable as well, since she's a counterpart for Elise.

Out of the rest of the Fates characters, I think the Awakening trio has the best chance, simply because Lucina is in and the developers have stated that character relationships are important.  The Awakening trio is a way to give Lucina more existing relationships.  By that token, Selena and Odin are more likely than Laslow, since both of their mothers are confirmed, and neither of them can be fathered by Chrom.

I half expect us to get at least one retainer for each royal, given the character relationships comment, with Selena and Odin filling that role for Camilla and Leo.

I'm really starting to doubt Elise will get in. We already had the role of the cute little sister filled up by Lisa and now Leo came in to serve as the magic shooting pony rider. Both of Elise's main features are already in use by other characters so what could Elise add? If Sakura gets in she could easily have her relation with Elise be replaced with a friendship to Lisa.

If every role Elise can take can be filled by other characters then how efficient would it be to add her? Slots are limited and if she has no use of her own left anymore then wouldn't it be wiser to use that slot for a character that fills its own niche? 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm really starting to doubt Elise will get in. We already had the role of the cute little sister filled up by Lisa and now Leo came in to serve as the magic shooting pony rider. Both of Elise's main features are already in use by other characters so what could Elise add? If Sakura gets in she could easily have her relation with Elise be replaced with a friendship to Lisa.

If every role Elise can take can be filled by other characters then how efficient would it be to add her? Slots are limited and if she has no use of her own left anymore then wouldn't it be wiser to use that slot for a character that fills its own niche? 

Healer on a horse is it's own niché.

jeez I'm jumping in late, anyways a bit disappointing because it was so obvious, 4 new characters and we could have seen all of them coming from a mile away. Takumi and Leo are ok don't care for hinoka or camilla though. and on the topic of voice acting, I really hope they are better in game because they come across as though they are trying to get their voices right rather than focusing on their delivery and as @Captain Karnage mentioned, the dialogue just oozes power of friendship to such a cringey degree that it is almost painful.

I would rather a character not appear in any way, than to have them as an npc, because I think that it would be an absolute tease.

Also knives appeared under the sword tab in Path of Radiance so I don't think that they are outright unconfirmed, they could have just as easily wanted 5 tabs on the screen for the sake of presentation or just that knives are very minor weapons in FEW like in PoR, that is just a possibility though. I feel like there are not many primary knife users in fates to begin with so they may not have knives under a dedicated tab for that reason.

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Also knives appeared under the sword tab in Path of Radiance so I don't think that they are outright unconfirmed, they could have just as easily wanted 5 tabs on the screen for the sake of presentation or just that knives are very minor weapons in FEW like in PoR, that is just a possibility though. I feel like there are not many primary knife users in fates to begin with so they may not have knives under a dedicated tab for that reason.

If knives (or hidden weapons, I guess?) were in FEW, it'd only be for Jakob/Felicia, or a ninja. The Thief class of enemy in FEW allegedly uses swords, like Gaius or Julian did, so adding knives and not having the generic class use them, that'd be odd, no? 

I mean, I'd love for Kaze or Flora to be playable, but as it stands right now, I can't see a reasonable excuse for including knives. Though, if they are in, I will be pleasantly surprised, especially if they belong to someone like Gaius (though my personal hope is that Gaius is added as an Archer-Thief, like Niles, and he uses throwing knives in his moveset).

1 hour ago, DeoGame said:

I understand that games are becoming more expensive, but surely it's to be expected, gaming is a rather expensive hobby. I also understand having various characters that you like not being in the game, but from what I've seen, it's just people 'refusing' to buy the game just because it's Awakening and Fates character, which, may I reiterate, is petty. I agree, it's their choice if they want to support the game, but they could really ease up on the negativity.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

While i personally will be buying the game, it's only because of the characters I like actually being in it. Are you seriously demanding that people pay more than 60$/€ for a game that doesn't appeal to them in the vague hope that they'll get something out of it in the future? If you aren't already a fan of warrior games and not a single character appeals to you, why would you put that much cash into it? People need incentives to buy a game. If they don't have any, they are not buying it. It's the same for every game out there. You don't have a "duty" of buying this game just because you are in the FE fandom.

Not really demanding though? I apologise if it came across that way. In my honest opinion, and a lot of people are going to disagree, but if someone doesn't like the concept of Warriors, than Fire Emblem Warriors is just not the game for them. Warriors is made up by its gameplay, which a lot of people define as button-mashing, not its story. Why play something when you're not going to enjoy the core gameplay? And any supports and whatnot can easily be looked up online nowadays if they're only curious about that. I do kind of consider it my duty to buy anything associated with Fire Emblem, obviously not the expensive games like the SNES and the Tellius duo because I can't afford them yet and lack the consoles to play them on, simply due to the fact that Fire Emblem is my favourite franchise, and I want to support it.

Honestly, it just sickens me when such negativity it heaped onto this, it's like beating a dead horse, and it seems like everyone's jumping onto the bandwagon. People don't realise that this is not the entire roster, and surely they must have a couple of characters from the three represented games that they like at least.

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I can see it go either way with them, but I personally hope they get added. If one gets in then the other is practically confirmed too. I could see them making them NPCs or just not include them for the sake of other Fates characters, but I can also see them adding them since this game still seems to be lacking healers (but I guess healing isn't as important in Warriors games??) and also since they are pretty unique and well-liked overall. I wouldn't even mind if they were "mimic" characters of their older brothers in a way, just with healing access, but I'm still hoping that they get added!

8 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

If knives (or hidden weapons, I guess?) were in FEW, it'd only be for Jakob/Felicia, or a ninja. The Thief class of enemy in FEW allegedly uses swords, like Gaius or Julian did, so adding knives and not having the generic class use them, that'd be odd, no? 

I mean, I'd love for Kaze or Flora to be playable, but as it stands right now, I can't see a reasonable excuse for including knives. Though, if they are in, I will be pleasantly surprised, especially if they belong to someone like Gaius (though my personal hope is that Gaius is added as an Archer-Thief, like Niles, and he uses throwing knives in his moveset).

I was really disappointed when I didn't see any hidden weapons because I thought they could have been pretty interesting in this game. I think (or at least want) some characters to use them in their moveset at least. Like having someone use swords mainly but maybe throwing some as a combo or in attacks or something.

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

That's why I think that they would fall under the sword tab, nobody uses them and it wouldn't be ridiculous to put them in swords (knives are like tiny swords anyways). They aren't exotic like stones or bows, and even then there are not many characters who use them so they wouldn't warrant their own tabs. I am not trying to act like anyone is confirmed or anything, but no one is unconfirmed outright because of the lack of a knife tab.

Goku is still not unconfirmed just unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

Honestly, it just sickens me when such negativity it heaped onto this, it's like beating a dead horse, and it seems like everyone's jumping onto the bandwagon. People don't realise that this is not the entire roster, and surely they must have a couple of characters from the three represented games that they like at least.

Yeah, if people hate it, why are they coming here to tell everyone that they hate it?

Some people interpret that as me saying you can't dislike anything about the game, but, no, I mean that if you hate almost everything, or at least every character, then you shouldn't rain on the parades of people who are happy with these choices (mostly) and should probably stop following its news.

35 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As mentioned by others, Elise's role is not taken by Leo.  She's a troubadour, he's a dark knight with a PRF.  Elise can supplement her magic with staves like Lissa uses both her staff and an axe.  'Magic shooting pony rider' is not a class, and even if it were, Hinoka and Lucina prove that we can have multiple characters in similar classes.

And Lissa's more of a bratty little sister, not a cute little sister, because she's too fond of pranks and teasing.  Different archetype than Elise.  Sakura falls under shy little sister.

57 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

the dialogue just oozes power of friendship to such a cringey degree that it is almost painful.

That's been so much of the dialogue near the end of the games for a while. At least with Awakening and OH DEAR GOD FATES Fates did a lot of it. Fates was much worse on it though. I don't even hate the trope as long as it's just near the end of the game. Just please save that sort of dialogue for the game and not trailers of all things.

Edited by familyplayer

Well I have officially died from no Alm, Celica, Seliph, Julia, Leif, Roy, Lilina, Eilwood, Hector, Lyn, Ephraim, Erikia Ike,...... (*List all the Fire Emblem Characters besides Fates and Awakening.)

MODMERGE:

15 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, if people hate it, why are they coming here to tell everyone that they hate it?

Some people interpret that as me saying you can't dislike anything about the game, but, no, I mean that if you hate almost everything, or at least every character, then you shouldn't rain on the parades of people who are happy with these choices (mostly) and should probably stop following its news.

I don't say I hate it, but honestly, Fire Emblem is a massive franchise filled with many characters. Spicing things up with other characters from the series would be nice. But that could be an elitist thing, which for me, I'm just a common Fire Emblem fan who just likes to strategize and love reading story. There seems to be a war going on between old and new...

Edited by Specta