Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi and Leo confirmed

Jedi

6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's unlikely the U.S. release will be that far out.  In fact if anything, it'd probably come out before Europe because Europe always seems to get slightly shafted in this regard.  This is especially true since it was specifically Nintendo of the UK that revealed the date, so we know for a fact that an English version will be finished by then.

Hate to burst your bubble, but hidden weapons were confirmed to not be in the game a while back.

Also, Sakura's promotions don't include a class that can use spears; she can either go for scrolls or yumi.  You might be thinking of the Great Master class, which is a parallel to Sakura's canon class Priestess, but that's a male exclusive class.

That was my thought. US release date is somewhere in between 9/28, if not on that date, or 10/20, if not on that date. Just a bit odd that its taken this long to announce a US release date. Especially since China got their release date before we did.

As far as hidden weapons go, I wouldnt exclude the characters just yet. They could always make them sword users, since Ninja used swords upon promotion. It would make a move set 10x easier to design if it was sword first with daggers thrown into it no different than Robin having his sword in his abilities.

As far as Felicia and Jakob go, I have no clue. I am a little surprised they might not make it in, considering they were highly popular. That and its Japan passing up the opportunity for maids. Japan loves maids.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Aside from freak accidents like Xenoblade America generally has to wait merely a week or so if Europe gets a game earlier. Unlike the other way around where they keep Europe waiting for half a year or longer .

I again point out Yoshi's Woolly World. The US had to wait FOUR MONTHS more than Europe for it. Which is unusual, yes, but it still happened. Now I know we won't be waiting that long for this game since we specifically did already get fall for the release timeframe, but that could still mean November.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to tell people not to get their hopes up TOO high.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not impossible for the US to get the game last. There have been times where we did. *cough*Yoshi's Woolly World*cough*

Did you ever get that game? That release taught me that Europeans/Australians are terrible at making Day 1 guides.

On this topic, I'd have liked to have been positive, but... it suddenly occurs to me that I'd have liked the little sisters more than one would expect. I never thought the day would come when I flat out ignore a pegasus, but... Hinoka never really clicks as 'oh hey, this is a pegasus knight, I should probably care.'

(Granted, not like Subaki does it either.)

I wouldn't put much stock in the lack of a Sakura and Elise since they haven't revealed Azura yet, either. Cordelia wasn't in the Awakening trailer, but is apparently part of the starting Awakening party, and they said there're still more Awakening character reveals

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Did you ever get that game? That release taught me that Europeans/Australians are terrible at making Day 1 guides.

Oh yeah, totally! It was one of my most wanted games EVER. And became one of my favorite games of all time. It was my personal GotY that year too, it was SO good. Everything about it is just perfect. The art style, the levels, even the difficulty. It seems easy at first, but collecting everything? That's a whole different ballpark.

Also, there's the fact that if FE Warriors releases in October, it'll be competing with Super Mario Odyssey for sales. In November, the 3DS version will be competing with Pokemon and the Switch version has no competition, which is a bit better because then the Switch version has no competition. The 3DS version is likely to sell less no matter what because I think fewer people have a New 3DS than a Switch. So better to give the Switch version less competition, as it'll likely be the main one that gets sales.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, totally! It was one of my most wanted games EVER. And became one of my favorite games of all time. It was my personal GotY that year too, it was SO good. Everything about it is just perfect. The art style, the levels, even the difficulty. It seems easy at first, but collecting everything? That's a whole different ballpark.

Also, there's the fact that if FE Warriors releases in October, it'll be competing with Super Mario Odyssey for sales. In November, the 3DS version will be competing with Pokemon and the Switch version has no competition, which is a bit better because then the Switch version has no competition. The 3DS version is likely to sell less no matter what because I think fewer people have a New 3DS than a Switch. So better to give the Switch version less competition, as it'll likely be the main one that gets sales.

I actually meant America in general as a joke. I think I had put the game down after completing it before I heard rumours it was out in America. And then a blitz of "this is a new release!" stuff.

I hope they've learned their lesson from Radiant Dawn.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I actually meant America in general as a joke. I think I had put the game down after completing it before I heard rumours it was out in America. And then a blitz of "this is a new release!" stuff.

I hope they've learned their lesson from Radiant Dawn.

Oh. xP

Well, IS can't do much there since Koei is handling this mostly. But yeah, I hope the game doesn't wind up failing simply because bigger releases overshadowed it. That would be very sad,

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's unlikely the U.S. release will be that far out.  In fact if anything, it'd probably come out before Europe because Europe always seems to get slightly shafted in this regard.  This is especially true since it was specifically Nintendo of the UK that revealed the date, so we know for a fact that an English version will be finished by then.

Hate to burst your bubble, but hidden weapons were confirmed to not be in the game a while back.

Also, Sakura's promotions don't include a class that can use spears; she can either go for scrolls or yumi.  You might be thinking of the Great Master class, which is a parallel to Sakura's canon class Priestess, but that's a male exclusive class.

Source for that? I can't quite find any interviews that emphasized hidden weapons being omitted (not that that would entirely matter, as DLC is going to be an option). Also technically Sakura does have a class set with spears/naginatas; sky knight. But rather than have her on a winged horse and being an exact clone of Hinoka with healing, she can instead be a foot-based spear fighter that would have a contrasting focus to Azura. Yes it's a stretch, but there's room for modification (again, Cleric Lissa with an axe). But yes it is entirely possible for her to get yumi or scrolls instead. Or hell; maybe she'll even get both since we still have no idea what exactly class changing entails, only that it's in the game.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The 3DS version is likely to sell less no matter what because I think fewer people have a New 3DS than a Switch. So better to give the Switch version less competition, as it'll likely be the main one that gets sales.

The New 3DS model has sold around 15 million worldwide as of now, while the Switch is at around 5 million. 

Despite that, I do think the Switch version will sell better. 

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I again point out Yoshi's Woolly World. The US had to wait FOUR MONTHS more than Europe for it. Which is unusual, yes, but it still happened. Now I know we won't be waiting that long for this game since we specifically did already get fall for the release timeframe, but that could still mean November.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to tell people not to get their hopes up TOO high.

I doubt November. The game so far looks mostly done. All the voice acting, while kind of lack luster so far (hoping that is due to the trailers, no different than corrin's smash trailer), it looks mostly done. I imagine we will get it sometime inbetween the two releases, if not on one of them.

It's a shame that we haven't had a reveal for the younger sisters, as they were the two royals that I actually really liked in Fates. I know that in Hyrule Warriors some of the playable characters were unlockable but still had a part in the storyline beforehand, so it's possible that they aren't in the trailer because of that. But then again, I'm not completely convinced as they are both healers. 

I saw the release date for the UK on fb earlier, and I'm really pleased that we're not getting it ridiculously late. I think now's the time to decide on getting a Switch or not though, as I have Hyrule on 3DS and it's just not the same as the Wii U version. I assume we haven't seen any 3DS gameplay yet?

Still waiting for those Archanea reveals...

Edited by Natalie

20 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That was my thought. US release date is somewhere in between 9/28, if not on that date, or 10/20, if not on that date. Just a bit odd that its taken this long to announce a US release date. Especially since China got their release date before we did.

As far as hidden weapons go, I wouldnt exclude the characters just yet. They could always make them sword users, since Ninja used swords upon promotion. It would make a move set 10x easier to design if it was sword first with daggers thrown into it no different than Robin having his sword in his abilities.

As far as Felicia and Jakob go, I have no clue. I am a little surprised they might not make it in, considering they were highly popular. That and its Japan passing up the opportunity for maids. Japan loves maids.

- I do find it strange.  It probably is like Ana said, where the US version will come later.  I don't know what their timetable looks like, and a lot of their PR decisions have left me perplexed, so... yeah.

- I did consider that for Ninjas...  But I think doing that would only further anger those who criticized their "too many swords" argument from way back.  Some may think they'd thrown that argument down the drain, but I still believe for all the flaws behind it they're still genuinely trying to diversify weapons in a way that makes sense.

- They are popular, but so are a number of other characters from Fates who don't use hidden weapons exclusively.  I think if anything, they'd be supporting NPCs for Corrin, though I'm unsure of how they'd be implemented given they wouldn't have the conventional weapons.  Your guess is as good as mine.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Good on you for trying to be the voice of reason instead of setting yourself up for disappointment.

Just now, DIO said:

Source for that?

Spoiler

warriors-convoy.jpg

Obviously not an interview, but this was a screenshot from a Famitsu article.  You can see they only have six weapon types here, and there's nothing to indicate we can scroll further to reveal more item types.  Jedi made an article on this article as well: https://serenesforest.net/2017/08/03/famitsu-details-fe-warriors-permadeath-weapons-mechanics/#more-41180

5 minutes ago, DIO said:

But rather than have her on a winged horse and being an exact clone of Hinoka with healing, she can instead be a foot-based spear fighter that would have a contrasting focus to Azura. Yes it's a stretch, but there's room for modification (again, Cleric Lissa with an axe).

Though the case with axe using Lissa isn't very remarkable because she actually can promote to a class that can use axes.  Not quite the same stretch.

Sakura using bows would be a lot more likely.  In fact, I think she'd have no other choice, given that we already got enough characters using combat magic as is, and her using lances or swords is pretty unlikely as well.  And I think they confirmed somewhere that characters are stuck to a single weapon type.

We got the only Fate Chars I care about (Leo and Takumi) so I'm happy. I also predict Azura and a male Corrin will be announced along side each other. The voices are concerning, though Takumi and Leo sound fine. Hinoka and Camilla are atrocious and Xander also sounded off to me. I guess we won't be getting any shadow dragon reveals until later then.   

Great Leo is in, now if only they would say Minerva is in and I will be very happy with the game.  Hinoka I did not expect but I am glad she is in.

Honestly, I think most of the voices sound fine, if anything they're tolerable at worst and at best they've completely improved in comparison to Fates, Ryoma being the best example. That being said I do have a genuine problem with Hinoka: there's no defending it, Robinson's performance here is not fitting at all. I really hope they go back and re-record her lines before the game comes out in October.

Other than that, I'm glad we got most of the siblings confirmed as playable and I can't wait for the news due next week.

Edited by Corbin

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, other than Hinoka, I don't really see a problem with the voices. The Awakening cast + Marth may be better though.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

I can deal with the 20th October, that's when I'm doing my Christmas shopping so I'll pick it up. I haven't even got a Switch yet, hahah. I can put off Mario Odyssey for a while, too.

I think Azura and male Corrin will be announced in Famitsu, but something is telling me that Elise and Sakura will be announced later this week...it's a little pull at the back of my mind...

I still think that we'll be getting a direct soon, mark my words, and if I'm wrong, then that's okay...Xane when?

4 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

I can deal with the 20th October, that's when I'm doing my Christmas shopping so I'll pick it up. I haven't even got a Switch yet, hahah. I can put off Mario Odyssey for a while, too.

I think Azura and male Corrin will be announced in Famitsu, but something is telling me that Elise and Sakura will be announced later this week...it's a little pull at the back of my mind...

I still think that we'll be getting a direct soon, mark my words, and if I'm wrong, then that's okay...Xane when?

They've apparently got two for Gamescon lined up, but they're for Odyssey and Metroid.

You know, now I'm really hoping the Dual Audio will be like in Marvel vs Capcom 3, where you can choose which voice each character uses. I'm not a fan of Hinoka's and Camilla's english voices (though I expect I'll get used to Camilla's later, but not Hinoka's), or Corrin's japanese voice.

I think we still have a chance of getting Sakura, Elise, and Azura. The Awakening trailer introduced 4 characters (Frederick, Lissa, Robin, and Lucina). It makes sense to introduce only 4 here too.

Camilla unfortunately seems to be wielding an Axe. I was really hoping she'd be a Tome-using flier. The only other fliers that can wield Tomes in their base class are Aversa ...and Nichol, and I doubt either of them are going to be in this game.

Other than this, can anyone really say they are surprised? Honestly, I'm just waiting for them to reveal some unexpected characters.

53 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

-edited for space-

Hide contents

warriors-convoy.jpg

Obviously not an interview, but this was a screenshot from a Famitsu article.  You can see they only have six weapon types here, and there's nothing to indicate we can scroll further to reveal more item types.  Jedi made an article on this article as well: https://serenesforest.net/2017/08/03/famitsu-details-fe-warriors-permadeath-weapons-mechanics/#more-41180

Though the case with axe using Lissa isn't very remarkable because she actually can promote to a class that can use axes.  Not quite the same stretch.

Sakura using bows would be a lot more likely.  In fact, I think she'd have no other choice, given that we already got enough characters using combat magic as is, and her using lances or swords is pretty unlikely as well.  And I think they confirmed somewhere that characters are stuck to a single weapon type.

First, thanks for the picture. I see what you're saying about the weapons shown, but I'm not entirely convinced that more options won't come up. If you'll permit me to speculate due to the nature of the game not yet being out, there's the option of either A; having a gradual shadow appear on the right side to denote there's more off-screen, or B; shrink the icons in such a way that keeps the confines of the box whilst allowing for more symbols.

I agree that Lissa's case isn't as remarkable, but to be fair it's also entirely possible to class her into a Sage with her copy of Emmeryn's dress as a viable path, meaning that 'Axes with Nuns' isn't necessairly her canonical choice, much as Elise can directly promote to a Maid from a Troubadour. I'm still not convinced that Sakura couldn't use scrolls, since they were tailored around animals of the zodiac as opposed to 'classic' bolts of elemental magic.

From what I recall, they specified that each character's CLASS has a single weapon, not whether or not a character couldn't change class to a separate weapon entirely. Otherwise there'd be little point in a class system outside of changing from a foot soldier to a mounted or ariel unit. But on the plus side, such a notion would suggest there'd be around 18 classes if you gave each of the provided weapons a foot, mount, and winged variation (perhaps Kinshi Knights could be viable after all)...

To be frank, there's still quite a bit that's unknown as far as the structure of the game is going to go, so I'm not inclined to outright suggest something isn't confirmed unless they explicitly say it's out (and yes that does mean I am humoring the notion there could be one or two picks outside of the selected 3 games, since the wording was they were FOCUSING on those 3).