Help with Ch. 3 on Hard

Arn

Don't write off your lance and even sword users in this chapter. Everyone with a weapon can be of use this early in the game - Deke can borderline one-round soldiers with the iron blade (although his hit rate won't be 100%), Shanna can easily double them with an iron lance despite the speed loss, Allen and Lance are both really good now and for the rest of the game, and even Wolt can deal like 18 damage against them. Only Chad is so squishy that he'll be one-shot by many opponents, so he should stick to opening chests (and stealing non-weapon items from enemies, if there are any and if he can do so safely). Don't worry about training him; you'll get a better thief in chapter 8.

Let Marcus go slightly ahead of the rest of the team; if possible, the enemies that he aggros should be able to attack him and only him. Make sure to give him a javelin or hand axe as well and make him equip it if he faces archers or javelin-wielders. That way, he'll weaken all the enemies in the enemy phase and your other units have an easier time cleaning up in the player phase.

If you can see that the coming enemy phase will be dangerous, consider sacrificing Merlinus. He's immortal - if he dies, you can't access the convoy for the rest of the chapter, but he'll be available at the start of the next chapter. And since he is very squishy and cannot retaliate, enemies are very likely to attack him if they have the choice.

Oh hey, thanks for the tips, I did use my other weapons but I was scared to lose Shanna every time, I managed to beat the chapter but I restarted the game anyways because I'm gonna try to grind Shanna a bit on Ch. 2 and I didn't buy anything from the Armory on Ch. 2 because I though there was intermission.