What do plane takeoffs feel like to you?

Ronnie

I always wondered how people can feel so calm or natural during a plane takeoff.

I've been on flights many times ever since I was a baby and every time the plane takes off I feel like:
C16-En.gif

I always feel like there's a pressure against my body as if I'm falling. My legs get shaky, hands get cold and sweaty, and my head feels like it's rushing. I'm pretty sensitive to motion so I can feel the plane accelerating at an uncomfortable speed. Hell I get nervous when the car starts to move 55 mph lol. I went to California for spring break and the thought that came to my head during the flight was "man I fucking hate airplanes." Needless to say I don't ever want to fly again.

I feel ok during takeoffs. 

But it's when the plane lands that I get extremely worried and nervous.

Also during the whole flight, due to pressure and how gravity works, I feel like my stomach mixes up with my intestines.

I don't typically get a bad feeling when boarding a plane or taking off... but I do feel the strange motions of suddenly speeding up to, like, 60 mph and then being lifted off the ground.  Same for when the landing happens.  Sometimes can get a little nauseous and maybe a headache...  But that's true for any long trip.

My real problems with flying come from the uncomfortable design of plane seats/corridors and the fact that I usually have to just sit around for an hour or so.  Either that, or it's when something goes wrong and I gotta wait a long time just to board the plane.  One time I had to wait from some time in the late afternoon/early evening until midnight just to get into a town to sleep for an hour so that I could board a connecting flight the next day.  This was in Nashville, too, and I live in a typically cold and dry region, so it was particularly bad because of the humidity which I'm not used to.

My flights tend to be reasonably long, around the ten hour mark. My main complaints are the following;

1. Airline coffee is awful, the tea is even worse.
2. Economy class legroom seems to be designed with midgets in mind
3. I'm always sat next to some fat guy who ends up taking more space than just their seat.
4. There's only normally about 6 hours worth of movies you feel like watching.

When it comes to take off or turbulence, I really don't mind. Statistically, it's safer than driving!

I can't handle height differences to well, so everytime I'm on a plane during take off, and especially during landing, my ears start to hurt like mad...

Needless to say, I don't like flying, even though I'm not to bothered by the rest of the flight.

I haven't flown on a plane in a long time due to expenses and college.  But If I had to recall any flights, I guess I never really got worried about turbulence or anything. The only thing that worries me now is someone doing some dangerous shit on the flight when they managed to bribe security with a Taylor swift album.  Yes, that's a horrible joke, but I have fears of that stuff happening.

And I guess I'd feel calm on takeoff.

Edited by Lord Tullus

On 8/22/2017 at 11:31 AM, Shin said:

When it comes to take off or turbulence, I really don't mind. Statistically, it's safer than driving!

^This.  I'm way more nervous in a car, because I'm way more likely to die.  Flying on a plane, it's nothing (except boring and uncomfortable).  The real worst part is airports; so much wasted time on security theater and they're so stifling.