Hinoka, Camilla, Xander, Takumi gameplay (but not Leo for some reason)

Armagon

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Robin's our thunder mage, though; Leo has got Brynhildr, which controls plants and gravity while also explicitly being called a dark tome in supports. We've seen his normal attack string and three charge attacks, and none of them involve plants, gravity, or darkness. It's just a major cop out for every single mage to use thunder spells in their normal string and Leo barely using Brynhildr in particular makes as much sense as the store I work at stocking Halloween candy in July (which it actually did).

The thing I can think of atm is that we're only seeing a fragment of his moveset, a moveset which, now that I think about it, might not have been finished when they made the demo. Which would make sense, demos (playable ones at least) take roughly one to two months to make* and are made when other parts of development is a at the forefront (assets for undeveloped content, PR, marketing, legal etc) rether than the core game - in other words, you're seeing the game at a build that's a month old at minimum.

*/Assumption based on interviews from developers on AAA games development and an old friend of mine who works as a Game Dev freelancer (3D modeller).

Edited by Tactician_Iris

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fireball260 said:

While I completely agree with you that Leo should use Dark Magic, him not using Brynhildr outside of Musous makes sense to me because he can probably equip different Tomes. He should still use Dark Magic tho

That doesn't make much sense, though, since the other three royal brothers are all locked into using their legendary weapons, with attacks that only make sense with those weapons. Ryoma's Raijinto, Xander's Siegfried, Takumi's Fujin Yumi.

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

That doesn't make much sense, though, since the other three royal brothers are all locked into using their legendary weapons, with attacks that only make sense with those weapons. Ryoma's Raijinto, Xander's Siegfried, Takumi's Fujin Yumi.

Yea your right I completely forgot. 

8 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

The thing I can think of atm is that we're only seeing a fragment of his moveset, a moveset which, now that I think about it, might not have been finished when they made the demo. Which would make sense, demos (playable ones at least) take roughly one to two months to make* and are made when other parts of development is a at the forefront (assets for undeveloped content, PR, marketing, legal etc) rether than the core game - in other words, you're seeing the game at a build that's a month old at minimum.

*/Assumption based on interviews from developers on AAA games development and an old friend of mine who works as a Game Dev freelancer (3D modeller).

We fond out from the Famitsu stream that the game has gone gold. I'd assume the most recent demo is near-final, in light of that. And with only a month left, a game can generally be played through start to finish, as it's intended; the tail end of development is made up of polish, bug fixes, and all that.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

We fond out from the Famitsu stream that the game has gone gold. I'd assume the most recent demo is near-final, in light of that. And with only a month left, a game can generally be played through start to finish, as it's intended; the tail end of development is made up of polish, bug fixes, and all that.

I'm not so sure on that, playable AAA Demos (as far as I've been told - and it's as much as you can be told from a friend under NDA) are usually scheduled some time in advance to assure their state is as stable (not complete - stable) as they can get while simultaneously showcasing as many features as you can from a gameplay perspective (and as much as marketing allows you to show at that time) given your build's state. The bigger the scale of the project, the more hands required to make a demo happen. Marketing and Project lead will determine a scope of what they want to show and when in demoes and trailers as the asset creation (models/textures/sound/VA) comes along.

This is actually why playable demos are rare these days - they take too much time and effort to make and properly publish. On point, a smaller scaled one like this still takes a good chunk of time to compile, get to the QA team, then PR, then legal. There's no way you'd allocate that many resources from across the board during the crazy crunch time (approx one to two last months before going gold) in such a way that your team will essentially work doubly to assure both a demo and a full build at the same time.

If I were to guess - I'd say May is the latest date possible date for this build to be compiled and properly tested before it's publication, and not influence the work during the crunch weeks. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it's a month or so older than May.

Gamexplain's new video. The person playing isn't very good but it's some of the better quality footage out there. Xander's dual attack is at 3:30 and there is special dialogue between Camilla and Hinoka. Takumi is making me think that the skl stat determines how fast you get your musou attacks.