Hinoka, Camilla, Xander, Takumi gameplay (but not Leo for some reason)

Armagon

On the topic of Fate's voices, do we have a timeline of when these characters are "plucked" from the Fates' timeline? Since Fates characters seem to appear before Fates itself proper, I wonder if the VAs were instructed to sound "a little younger" or something for their characters. However, this would call into question why the Awakening characters still seem to sound like themselves (aside from Lucina due to a different voice actress). Either way, I am warming up to the "new voices" a bit, but I am still having a hard time trying to adjust to Hinoka's voice.

As for the character gameplay...

Hinoka - Looks unimpressive to me, but then again I am mostly indifferent to her in general.
Camilla - She looks amazing to play as because I love the AoE skills. Her attacks look and feel good as well, like they have actual impact.
Takumi - Takumi has an impressive display with all of those multi-shots! I look forward to playing him.
Xander's Horse - 10/10, amazing anti-gravity skills. Sacrificed to Corrin to see the defeated character scene.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Sire said:

On the topic of Fate's voices, do we have a timeline of when these characters are "plucked" from the Fates' timeline? Since Fates characters seem to appear before Fates itself proper, I wonder if the VAs were instructed to sound "a little younger" or something for their characters. However, this would call into question why the Awakening characters still seem to sound like themselves (aside from Lucina due to a different voice actress). Either way, I am warming up to the "new voices" a bit, but I am still having a hard time trying to adjust to Hinoka's voice.

As for the character gameplay...

Hinoka - Looks unimpressive to me, but then again I am mostly indifferent to her in general.
Camilla - She looks amazing to play as because I love the AoE skills. Her attacks look and feel good as well, like they have actual impact.
Takumi - Takumi has an impressive display with all of those multi-shots! I look forward to playing him.
Xander's Horse - 10/10, amazing anti-gravity skills. Sacrificed to Corrin to see the defeated character scene.

I believe it was said that the point in time we're getting from Fates is just before the split.

Honestly, what's the deal with how they show a bunch of new characters out of the blue, but not show some gameplay of some other characters? First Frederick, and now Leo? Either way, knew that the siblings had to be part of the mix. Now we're just missing the only ground lancer, Azura and healer Elise/Sakura. Unless the little sisters aren't allowed in. 

But the voices all being changed is hard to get used to.

Although damn, is Takumi fun to watch. I look forward to using him along with Robin.

I've already mentioned the fact those voice clips are quickly going to get annoying, so...

OK. I know the Musous are ridiculously long in this game. But Camilla's Musou just having her stand there for a few seconds is ridiculous!

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Honestly, what's the deal with how they show a bunch of new characters out of the blue, but not show some gameplay of some other characters? First Frederick, and now Leo? Either way, knew that the siblings had to be part of the mix. Now we're just missing the only ground lancer, Azura and healer Elise/Sakura. Unless the little sisters aren't allowed in.

I wish I knew, but at least I can feel better about Freddy knowing he's not the only one to get this treatment and not simply because he isn't popular or anything either (Leo is certainly popular).

Leo's lasers though, holy crap.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I wish I knew, but at least I can feel better about Freddy knowing he's not the only one to get this treatment and not simply because he isn't popular or anything either (Leo is certainly popular).

Leo's lasers though, holy crap.

Since we see each other so often, might as well start with greetings. Hi. XD

But yup. Leo is one of the most popular characters, so the treatment must mean that none of the gameplay has Frederick be available for some reason. Like maybe it they're playing some arcade mode or something, or in the story they are on, Frederick and Leo simply aren't unlocked. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Since we see each other so often, might as well start with greetings. Hi. XD

But yup. Leo is one of the most popular characters, so the treatment must mean that none of the gameplay has Frederick be available for some reason. Like maybe it they're playing some arcade mode or something, or in the story they are on, Frederick and Leo simply aren't unlocked. 

But that would mean Lucina is unlocked before Frederick and that wouldn't really make much sense since she's in her Marth disguise for awhile at first.

The only thing I can think of is what I said before: Koei doesn't want us to be able to try everyone they reveal before release and want us to have plenty to look forward to trying upon release.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But that would mean Lucina is unlocked before Frederick and that wouldn't really make much sense since she's in her Marth disguise for awhile at first.

The only thing I can think of is what I said before: Koei doesn't want us to be able to try everyone they reveal before release and want us to have plenty to look forward to trying upon release.

Not surprising. I've seen some characters that are really popular get unlocked faster than others. If this is an arcade mode of fight rather than story, then it could mean that Lucina was unlocked first and Frederick has yet to be unlocked, like Leo. 

Of course, Frederick's gameplay is already out, but no one has made a video out of it. That's always a possibility.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I've already mentioned the fact those voice clips are quickly going to get annoying, so...

OK. I know the Musous are ridiculously long in this game. But Camilla's Musou just having her stand there for a few seconds is ridiculous!

She's moving the whole time during her musou (it's the attack where she juggles the enemy with an axe copter).  Her Awakening finish is what has her charging a spell for 5 seconds without otherwise moving.

I noticed is that Awakening mode only needed the bar half full to enter it, unlike Focus Spirit in HW.  It also generates by hitting things, like the special meter, assuming these things aren't specific to Camilla.

4 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

She's moving the whole time during her musou (it's the attack where she juggles the enemy with an axe copter).  Her Awakening finish is what has her charging a spell for 5 seconds without otherwise moving.

Either way... she's not even doing anything interesting. Young Link's active Focus Spirit finisher has him standing still for five seconds, but that's so the game can set up a Moon for him to cut in half. Camilla...

I hope that if they include Minerva, her wyvern has a different body compared to Camilla's. I mean, in SD wyverns had forelegs (I don't know if that's the correct term), while it may is a little detail, maybe that could change her ground combos.

2 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I hope that if they include Minerva, her wyvern has a different body compared to Camilla's. I mean, in SD wyverns had forelegs (I don't know if that's the correct term), while it may is a little detail, maybe that could change her ground combos.

My hope exactly. I did like how unlike Pegasus riders, Camilla's dragon was able to actually fight with her. 

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

My hope exactly. I did like how unlike Pegasus riders, Camilla's dragon was able to actually fight with her. 

TIL that a pegasus stomping and rearing to bash foes with it's fore-hooves doesn't count as fighting with it's rider.

That said, there does look like more of an emphasis on the wyvern attacking in Camilla's moveset than there appears to be fore the pegasus attacking in Hinoka/Cordelia's moveset.  Probably to differentiate the classes a bit more, and emphasize the nature of the mount.

Leo: ''This will be unpleasant for both of us, but especially for you, Camilla''
Gets defeated by Camilla in a single hit. 

But I like what I saw. Camilla played just as great as I always imagined she would, Hinoka sounds better and Takumi's good from what little we saw.

But they should really have chosen another stage. I'm getting tired of that boring forest map!

Oh, something interesting in the GameXplain video: If allied playable characters show up on the battlefield in an NPC capacity (i. e. they're not actually selected as playable, but show up on the battlefield on your team) you can still pair up with them (but presumably can't swap to them to play as them) as demonstrated by Camilla paring up with Robin despite him not being playable in this demo.

Some gifs from the two videos. Hopefully the spoiler tags don't mess up.

Takumi's wind blades and "drone"

giphy.gif 

Leo's light beams wrecking Camilla

giphy.gif 

Hinoka's Musou

giphy.gif

Takumi's Musou

giphy.gif

Camilla doesn't have any "wow" to her that can be communicated in gif form easily; it's better to just watch the footage yourself.

Edited by The DanMan

27 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Some gifs from the two videos. Hopefully the spoiler tags don't mess up.

Takumi's wind blades and "drone"

Hide contents

giphy.gif 

Leo's light beams wrecking Camilla

Hide contents

giphy.gif 

Hinoka's Musou

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Takumi's Musou

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Camilla doesn't have any "wow" to her that can be communicated in gif form easily; it's better to just watch the footage yourself.

I love that Hinoka, Hinoka-Copters so hard  she creates a cycle. 

Am I seriously the only one not bothered by the voices?

I mean, the acting did sound awkward in the trailer, but the actual voices sound fine to me. Camilla actually sounds her age now, being youthful (she only looks mature due to body type and hairstyle) and I don't think her nor Hinoka sound like lolis as someone claimed. For Hinoka, that's just how Cindy Robinson sounds, go listen to her voice Makoto in Blazblue, Labrys in Persona 4 Arena (though with a Brooklyn accent put on), or Amy Rose in Sonic Boom (TV Show).

I don't think it's them being 'bad' that is bothering people, it's sounding different. Sometimes, on a subconscious level, different can equate to bad.

Again though, I grew up in the era of ACTUALLY bad voice acting with the likes of Mega Man 8 and X4 and various other PSone era gems so I'm likely just not as bothered by acting not being superb.

Even still, the voices don't sound awful to the point of wanting to mute or change to Japanese..I think some of you are overreacting..

Edited by Deva Ashera

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

I mean, the acting did sound awkward in the trailer, but the actual voices sound fine to me. Camilla actually sounds her age now, being youthful (she only looks mature due to body type and hairstyle) and I don't think her nor Hinoka sound like lolis as someone claimed. For Hinoka, that's just how Cindy Robinson sounds, go listen to her voice Makoto in Blazblue, Labrys in Persona 4 Arena (though with a Brooklyn accent put on), or Amy Rose in Sonic Boom (TV Show).

I don't think it's them being 'bad' that is bothering people, it's sounding different. Sometimes, on a subconscious level, different can equate to bad.

Again though, I grew up in the era of ACTUALLY bad voice acting with the likes of Mega Man 8 and X4 and various other PSone era gems so I'm likely just not as bothered by acting not being superb.

Even still, the voices don't sound awful to the point of wanting to mute or change to Japanese..I think some of you are overreacting..

Agreed 100%.

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

No, you're not the only one.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Leo attacking with light seems a tad weird. 

Well, the magic users seem to be the ones who will wield multiple elements in this Warriors game, so eh.

(I did enjoy the multiple light lasers though. Better luck next time Camilla.)

More gameplay, we get to see more of Leo's moveset, and see how Takumi begins a dual musou. We can also see how much effect defensive stats may possibly have in this game (keep track of Camilla's health bar when she versus Leo)

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Agreed 100%.

3 hours ago, Folt said:

No, you're not the only one.

Well, the magic users seem to be the ones who will wield multiple elements in this Warriors game, so eh.

(I did enjoy the multiple light lasers though. Better luck next time Camilla.)

Glad I'm not the only one.

I'll have to check out that video when I get home..Camilla looks soo fun. I was worried since she (along with Tharja, Lucina, Eirika, Lyn, Nephenee, and both Tikis) is my favorite FE character.

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I am not that annoyed by the voices, but it does take some getting used to. Though my biggest shock was to find out that Labrys became Hinoka.

It does, yeah, which is why I think people are having issues with it.

Lol I thought that about Hinoka, Amy Rose, and Labrys only with Makoto Nanaya, one of my top fav. Fighting game characters.