Hinoka, Camilla, Xander, Takumi gameplay (but not Leo for some reason)

Armagon

14 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I'll have to check out that video when I get home..Camilla looks soo fun. I was worried since she (along with Tharja, Lucina, Eirika, Lyn, Nephenee, and both Tikis) is my favorite FE character.

Nice. Sadly I would have liked Camilla more if she wasn't overly fanserviced like she is in cutscenes and had to be 500% doting on Corrin. As for Tharja, wish we had an explanation of this obsession with Robin. And not the reincarnation of Rhajat one.

15 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

It does, yeah, which is why I think people are having issues with it.

Lol I thought that about Hinoka, Amy Rose, and Labrys only with Makoto Nanaya, one of my top fav. Fighting game characters.

I only recognized the similarity in the voices because the moment I watched it, I had rewatched some vids with Labrys from Arena. Damn, was that story heartwrenching. ;-;

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Namarid said:

More gameplay, we get to see more of Leo's moveset, and see how Takumi begins a dual musou. We can also see how much effect defensive stats may possibly have in this game (keep track of Camilla's health bar when she versus Leo)

Wow this is the first gameplay I have seen that has Camilla dashing for a good amount of time and my God she can really move

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Nice. Sadly I would have liked Camilla more if she wasn't overly fanserviced like she is in cutscenes and had to be 500% doting on Corrin. As for Tharja, wish we had an explanation of this obsession with Robin. And not the reincarnation of Rhajat one.

I only recognized the similarity in the voices because the moment I watched it, I had rewatched some vids with Labrys from Arena. Damn, was that story heartwrenching. ;-;

Yeah, despite being a girl that enjoys her some T&A, they probably overdid it and I didn't care much for the Corrin doting either. In her supports though, particularly the one with Hinoka, she can be sweet and even kinda cute.

Tharja, and Camilla, realistically are most likely explained by being the extreme center of attention, harem keeper, everyone thinks you're amazing trope being very common in Japanese self-insert media..it's kinda sad. In game though, who knows, maybe she misinterpreted your ability to change her mind to join you as something 'special'.

Yes it was..Labrys made herself one of my fave Persona girls with that.

9 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah, despite being a girl that enjoys her some T&A, they probably overdid it and I didn't care much for the Corrin doting either. In her supports though, particularly the one with Hinoka, she can be sweet and even kinda cute.

Tharja, and Camilla, realistically are most likely explained by being the extreme center of attention, harem keeper, everyone thinks you're amazing trope being very common in Japanese self-insert media..it's kinda sad. In game though, who knows, maybe she misinterpreted your ability to change her mind to join you as something 'special'.

Like, we get it, she's got sex appeal, but come on now, why try to make it so profound in cutscenes? A damn shame since Camilla had quite a bit of depth in her at times with her mental problems. She was clearly crazy, and for good reason, since she's a survivor of the concubine war.

13 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yes it was..Labrys made herself one of my fave Persona girls with that.

She had one hell of a backstory. I still feel like crying every time I see it. And the one with Aigis telling her how her wish did come true in the end.

I really like how they incorporated fire into Camilla's attacks, as a reference to her Dragon Vein powers mostly dealing with Fire and Thunder. I feel like they didn't give Hinoka pronounced Wind powers though, and just gave her the same weird Light element that Cordelia has.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I really like how they incorporated fire into Camilla's attacks, as a reference to her Dragon Vein powers mostly dealing with Fire and Thunder. I feel like they didn't give Hinoka pronounced Wind powers though, and just gave her the same weird Light element that Cordelia has.

Camilla using fire and Hinoka using light, eh? Weird, since Hinoka describes herself to be the fiery type.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Camilla using fire and Hinoka using light, eh? Weird, since Hinoka describes herself to be the fiery type.

She should really be using Wind, since that's what her Dragon Vein does in Fates. Not sure where that triangle of light comes from.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She should really be using Wind, since that's what her Dragon Vein does in Fates. Not sure where that triangle of light comes from.

Might just be leftover from one of young link's attacks in hyrule though that's just me being a jerk.

Takumi is clearly wind, Hinoka looks like light, Camilla is fire, and Leo is probably Darkness (though he has been seen using every other magical element but darkness at this point).

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I guess summoning Faceless through a swamp is kinda darkness.

Bryhildr is specifically called a "dark tome" at different points, and his base class was Dark Mage. It would only make sense.

52 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Bryhildr is specifically called a "dark tome" at different points, and his base class was Dark Mage. It would only make sense.

One of his original crit quotes references fire though('Nothing but cinders!').  He could be either Darkness or Fire.

8 hours ago, Namarid said:

More gameplay, we get to see more of Leo's moveset, and see how Takumi begins a dual musou. We can also see how much effect defensive stats may possibly have in this game (keep track of Camilla's health bar when she versus Leo)

Yeah, from the looks of it, Camilla needs to be careful around Leo... or any other mage really because her Resistance stat is not good.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:20 PM, Sire said:

On the topic of Fate's voices, do we have a timeline of when these characters are "plucked" from the Fates' timeline? Since Fates characters seem to appear before Fates itself proper, I wonder if the VAs were instructed to sound "a little younger" or something for their characters. However, this would call into question why the Awakening characters still seem to sound like themselves (aside from Lucina due to a different voice actress). Either way, I am warming up to the "new voices" a bit, but I am still having a hard time trying to adjust to Hinoka's voice.

As for the character gameplay...

Hinoka - Looks unimpressive to me, but then again I am mostly indifferent to her in general.
Camilla - She looks amazing to play as because I love the AoE skills. Her attacks look and feel good as well, like they have actual impact.
Takumi - Takumi has an impressive display with all of those multi-shots! I look forward to playing him.
Xander's Horse - 10/10, amazing anti-gravity skills. Sacrificed to Corrin to see the defeated character scene.

Lol I'll adjust eventually. 

I think part of why they (Hinoka, Takumi and Camilla) sound different is because they have different VA's than the ones that voiced them in Fates. Even in Heroes, all three have different VA's than Fates. As to whether the VA's from Heroes are voicing them in Warriors, I'm not sure. At least Takumi sounds mostly the same. 

As for Hinoka, I thought I heard her voice from somewhere before... It hit me when I was babysitting earlier: Hinoka sounds like Trixie from MLP. O_O

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I think part of why they (Hinoka, Takumi and Camilla) sound different is because they have different VA's than the ones that voiced them in Fates. Even in Heroes, all three have different VA's than Fates. As to whether the VA's from Heroes are voicing them in Warriors, I'm not sure. At least Takumi sounds mostly the same. 

As for Hinoka, I thought I heard her voice from somewhere before... It hit me when I was babysitting earlier: Hinoka sounds like Trixie from MLP. O_O

Something's very similar happened to me. I was babysitting my cousin and we were watching Sonic Boom and the I noticed she sounds like Amy Rose to me. 

2 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Takumi and Hinoka are undoubtedly the same as in Heroes. Camilla...I'm honestly not so sure. I don't know the extent of Misty Lee's range, but that didn't sound anything like she did in Heroes.

4 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Takumi and Hinoka are undoubtedly the same as in Heroes. Camilla...I'm honestly not so sure. I don't know the extent of Misty Lee's range, but that didn't sound anything like she did in Heroes.

She kinda reminds me of how her Japanese voice actor portrayed her imo, so I'm okay with that... It's just Hinoka.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Good to see the jiggle physics for Camilla is back before her super attack; I got worried when people said there wasn't any.

Team Ninja is known for Dead or Alive arent they? Fanservice the fighting game.

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There's also Cia from Hyrule Warriors. Camilla is probably going to resemble her in two very important ways during her cutscenes.

Ah yes. Skip to 3:38:

And while we're at it, don't forget her victory scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRJMGjB_x9Y

Looked at a German video of the Gamescon Demo. It seems Hinoka's meter decides how long she's able to stay airborne to keep comboing foes with aerial attacks.

Also, I think I'm going to backpedal a little and conclude that both Cordelia and Hinoka are light element users.