Turn-count maps

SatsumaFSoysoy

I had a lot of problems with map five on Hard. The rest were alright, though I'm pretty sure I got lucky with map three more than anything else. 

For map five, I used Tana, Ike, Eldigan and Reinhardt. I used Guidance to get Ike up to Faye, Gaius and the Armor Knight while Eldigan and Reinhardt took care of the rest. It was a damn close call that required a lot of trial and error, but I finally did it. 

I can't believe they put Miracle on both Faye and Gaius...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 5 hard is giving me real problems, I cleared all the others with my horse emblem team in one or two tries but they just aren't cutting it on 5 hard.  I don't seem to have anyone who can tank the red mage in my fully leveled units, and I don't have any SI fodder right now.  I guess I will keep trying different combos and hope something will work.

Cleared three and five.

Three: Camus, Celica, olivia and Klein, but I redid it with Nino to get the crystals.

Five: Robin, Olivia, Nino and Florina. Florina got two kills, one of them being Faye. Nino inherited an Axebreaker I don't think she used.

These maps are pretty cool. I wonder if we'll see them reused for those daily special maps starting next week, or as filler maps for a new Tempest Trial. I like that the enemies are set up so that you COULD take some of them on one a time, but that will cut into your turn count.

Yawn... these maps were soooo easy....

Map 5 was the only like, semi-difficult one since it took two tries instead of one. I'd have to re-try 4 for the colorless thing but other than that, all's well that ends well heheheheheheh

Cleared them all, only the 3rd one gave me much trouble.

Part 3 strat: Camus breaks a wall and baits/kills Sanaki. Celica kills Hector and then moves out of range of Effie to kill Sheena. Nino (with necessary boosts by Hone Speed/Hone Attack/Fortify Res seal) hits Effie and then is danced to kill her. Camus wounds Niles and Nino kills him.

Part 4: Hector and Palla head north and Effie and Michalis head south. The armors tanks and weaken the fliers and my own fliers kill off what remains.

Part 5: Michalis/S!Corrin/Cordelia/Palla. Palla flies to the right to bait Arthur outside the ranger of the lancer and mage. Michalis one rounds Faye, S!Corrin takes a hit from Gaius and kills him the next turn. Michalis tanks the axe knight and has his health low enough for Palla to WoM warp over and kill the armor. I used reposition shenanigans to move Cordelia close enough to kill the mage and then S!Corrin killed the lancer.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: I cleared map 4 hard but I had no choice but to use an orb. I wish I didn't have to keep doing this, but otherwise, these maps are impossible for me and I don't get the crystals or another orb in return.

Not much point in doing these if you need to spend orbs.

welp, I guess I will throw my hat into the ring.

For part 1 and 2 I can't remember what I used but it was fairly easy so I don't really think I need to give any specifics.

part 3 was stupid with those defense tiles, I used legion (With an SI hammer) delthia, celica, and ninian(originally serra but I needed more moves)

part 4 was also stupid bridelia was useless in this one so I gave up after seeing the Iodes shields and realising that this was going to be harder than I thought. Completed with legion (with his axe, vantage and life and death) delthia, celica and serra legion pulled the majority of the weight as usual but he needed vantage th kill hinoka and clair in the same turn.

Part 5 was done with Tiki, Ninian, bridelia and bride Lyn I can offer no more comment on this one the only way to do it is to just do it (also special guest, lights blessing because screw this chapter I couldn't be bothered anymore[no I didn't need to use an orb I grabbed three extras from the monthly quests for emergencies])

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: I cleared map 4 hard but I had no choice but to use an orb. I wish I didn't have to keep doing this, but otherwise, these maps are impossible for me and I don't get the crystals or another orb in return.

Just so that you don't do this again, consider the following:

You know what else is worth 1 orb? A stamina potion. 1 stamina potion gives 99 stamina. How many experience points can you get off of 99 stamina since you can shuffle Training Tower enemy compositions? Map 4's Hard quest only rewards 1500 crystals. My, my...~

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You know what else is worth 1 orb? A stamina potion. 1 stamina potion gives 99 stamina. How many experience points can you get off of 99 stamina since you can shuffle Training Tower enemy compositions? My, my...~

I currently have over 65 stamina potions, if I am using orbs it may very well be a light's blessing.

I am just saying that it is very easy to get stamina potions, but if it's costing me orbs I refuse to do that, that's like 1/5 of a summon.

26 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You know what else is worth 1 orb? A stamina potion. 1 stamina potion gives 99 stamina. How many experience points can you get off of 99 stamina since you can shuffle Training Tower enemy compositions? Map 4's Hard quest only rewards 1500 crystals. My, my...~

A stamina potion won't bring back a defeated ally though...

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Not much point in doing these if you need to spend orbs.

If I want the crystals and other orbs, there is.

21 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I currently have over 65 stamina potions, if I am using orbs it may very well be a light's blessing.

I am just saying that it is very easy to get stamina potions, but if it's costing me orbs I refuse to do that, that's like 1/5 of a summon.

Spending an orb just to use in place of a Light's Blessing isn't exactly worth it when a stamina potion (which has the same value as an orb in-game since an orb can be used to restore 99 stamina if the player has no stamina potions) provides the player with several more attempts that can lead into a clear and is generally much easier to get than orbs or Light's Blessings - I have over 140 stamina potions currently.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A stamina potion won't bring back a defeated ally though...

If I want the crystals and other orbs, there is.

It wouldn't but a stamina potion can provide you with more attempts for a clear and is cheaper than a Light's Blessing due to how easy it is to get one stamina potion, if not more.

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It wouldn't but a stamina potion can provide you with more attempts for a clear and is cheaper than a Light's Blessing due to how easy it is to get one stamina potion, if not more.

I'd also be spending more time trying to get the clears and I'd rather not spend all day trying to do them.

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Spending an orb just to use in place of a Light's Blessing isn't exactly worth it when a stamina potion (which has the same value as an orb in-game since an orb can be used to restore 99 stamina if the player has no stamina potions) provides the player with several more attempts that can lead into a clear and is generally much easier to get than orbs or Light's Blessings - I have over 140 stamina potions currently.

If your best party can whittle down a boss's HP to 40% before you wipe, a full revive is worth far more than 20 more tries from the top.

Perfect Cherry Blossom's continue mechanic was a lot more forgiving than Subterranean Animism's because it started you exactly where you died instead of punting you back to the start of the stage. If you expended 9 saved up extra lives and still couldn't beat the stage boss, good luck starting from the beginning of the stage again with only the 3 lives you get on a revive.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If your best party can whittle down a boss's HP to 40% before you wipe, a full revive is worth far more than 20 more tries from the top.

We thinks you're missing the point.

Why spend an orbses to get another orbses? Nothing but a waste of stamina, we thinks.

Edited by Legion!

10 minutes ago, Legion! said:

We thinks you're missing the point.

Why spend an orbses to get another orbses? Nothing but a waste of stamina, we thinks.

You get the satisfaction of seeing the green check mark next to the cleared mission.

Part 5 hard has been stumping me for a while, but I finally got it beaten, and all it took was teaching my Frederick and Nowi Reposition and Hana Reciprocal Aid.

My team.

Spoiler

Hana (4* +Spd -HP) Life and Death 2, Reciprocal Aid, Armorslayer.

Frederick (5* +Att -Spd) Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Fortify Defense 3, Spur Defense SS, Reposition, Bonfire, Brave Axe+

Nowi (5* +Res -Def) Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Defense 3, Attack +1 SS, Reposition, Bonfire, Lightning Breath+

Ninian (5* +Res -Spd) Wings of Mercy 1, Fortify Defense 2, Attack Ploy SS, Dance, Light Breath+

On turn 1 Hana would lure in Arthur for the kill, and be defended both by excessive Fortify Defense buffs and Freddy's Spur Defense SS, taking 7 damage.

Turn 2, Nowi would enter the forest, Reposition Hana, and lure in the Lance infantry and Red Mage Infantry. Freddy would be next to her providing Spur, but no one would be below Nowi, so when the Lance Infantry attack and survives, he will knock Nowi away and bring in the Red Mage Infantry.

Turn 3, Nowi finishes off the Lance Infantry thanks to Bonfire and Hana will murder the Red Mage Infantry. Everyone then shifts around.

Turn 4, The Axe Armor is attacked twice by Hana. The first round brings her down to 2 HP, allowing Ninian to WoM in to Dance Hana to proceed to the second round, where she kills the Axe Armor. Hana is Repositioned by Frederick to the forest and Nowi is moved to Frederick's right.

Turn 5, and this is important. Hana Reciprocal Aids on Frederick and Nowi Repositions him to 2 spaces above, allowing him to attack Faye. While Drag Back put him in range of Ninian's dance, Wings of Mercy would have guaranteed the dance and allow Frederick to kill off Gaius.

I had to sack 3 positioning skill fodder units just to beat this one map. God I might have problems.

Man, these maps aren't even hard per-say, they just demand you do it in a fast manor, which some units just don't do fast.

Edited by Xenomata

Had to put Attack +1 on Nino to do Hard 5, and brought Azura along to Hard 3. Everything else was basically cake for Nino/Eirika/Cordelia/Reinhardt/Kagero in various combinations.

I was surprised by how well my improvised strategy of putting both Eirika and Cordelia in range of the fliers on Hard 4 worked. I was expecting to be overwhelmed by pulling both groups at once, but instead I got the clear straight-up. Eirika, as it turns out, can tank both Beruka and Camilla. *shrug*

Map 3 on Hard was stupid. I wasted way more time than I needed to on it. Caeda was actually useful, as she ORKO'd Hector AND Sheena! 

I'm glad I beat all maps with fliers, even if I didn't use the same ones every map. Michalis put in work on the flier map :D

Map 5 would have been hard without a flier team, but S. Camilla KO'd Faye immediately and then killed Gaius on EP :P

Edited by GuiltyLove

After reading the guide below (Map 3 solved with 4* Olivia, 5* Alfonse, 5* TA M!Robin, 4* +2 Cherche), i feel stupid that i didn't recognize there is no defense tile below the two breakable blocks on the left side. After breaking both blocks its so much easier to bait Sanaki. 

Finally beat 5 hard with the Innes I managed to get yesterday that I trained up just for this map, Xander, Fredrick and Olivia.  I went through a lot of stamina pots for this map, but all those platinum coins I saved up on my My Nintendo account keeps my stamina pots in stock so it was worth it.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:35 AM, Anacybele said:

Actually you do have a choice.  You could have just waited till your stamina refilled, these are available for another 16 days.

I'm still having trouble with Map 3.  I don't think I have any really good units for it.  Shareen is a pain.

Edited by Lushen

23 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I'm still having trouble with Map 3.  I don't think I have any really good units for it.  Shareen is a pain.

There are strats that could be replicated by free units:

4* Hana, Legion, 2x Clarisse:

4* Narcian, Selena (will be free in the next Sacred Seals quests), Olivia, Felicia:

Edited by Roflolxp54