Turn-count maps

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of them aren't especially difficult although the maps almost  require cavalry units or dancers otherwise you can barely get across the map before the turn limits up. That map with the armours though did they seriously have to combine low turn count requirements armours and a massive defensive tile with armour buffs

Steamrolled everything with horse emblem:

Bonfire/Reposition/Fury/Vantage/Goad Camus 

Bonfire/Swap/Atk+3/QR/Hone Xander 

Rehab/Hone Elise

Gronnblade/Glacies/Reposition/TA/Fortify Cecilia (4*)

Map 5 gave me a little trouble but I figured it out eventually. Every other map was beaten on first attempt.

Edited by Korath88

Bridelia/Nino/Olivia/Delthea faceroll everything as always. For the flier map I had to swap Nino with Ninian in order to wipe out all the fliers.

I will admit I didn't try on the armor map. I just killed Sanaki and chipped Hector, then cheesed the rest of the map with a Light's Blessing. Not like they're useful anywhere really challenging, didn't hurt to burn one.

Everything else was EzPz.

Everything was quite doable, but Part 3/Hard is giving me trouble. Sanaki doesn't have TA, therefore my blue mages are having trouble bait-killing her because of the defensive tiles. That fortyfy/Ward armor + Defense tiles + Fortress Def (Sheena), Distant Def (Effie) + Hector combination is kind of evil. 

Horse emblem solved this (part 3/hard): Xander hides on the lower right defense tile out of reach of everyone except Niles (who killed himself on Siegfried). Cecilia needed 2-3 hits on Effie, but eventually did it. Key factor was Sanaki and Sheena eventulally going to the upper border of the map while Hector and Effie went down chasing my units. Therefore the buff-armor cluster was broken. 

Edited by mampfoid

Part 3 is stupid. Really.

I did part 4 with Alm, Lukas, Michalis and Summer!Xander. The quest probably ask for an archer, I'll see that later.

Did Part 5 with my best team (M!Robin, Katarina (Rauorblade+), Alm, Michalis). Really close, tho.

3 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

I did part 4 with Alm, Lukas, Michalis and Summer!Xander. The quest probably ask for an archer, I'll see that later.

Just a plain colourless. I failed to notice there was the colour limiter still, but succeeded at the quests. I did find that clearing Hard with the right colour counts for both- I didn't use a colourless in my Normal clear, but used Priscilla in my Hard clear.

Anyway, I was looking at the Reddit thread, and Tana's Guidance is looking lovely... that was the only clear I saw that didn't use Xander. Way to make me feel bad...

Cleared all but number 4 with my dragon team (because 4 requires a colorless unit for the full rewards and there isn't a colorless dragon).

Number 3 was particularly annoying until I realized my problem was that I was wasting a turn getting my back line to the castle, so re-equipping Reposition solved that. Bum rushing Niles with all three offensive dragons on the last turn was pretty satisfying.

Same with Faye. Miracle would've done me in if Fae weren't able to double attack.

Waiting for Stamina to regen to attempt part 4 and 5, part 3 hard was quite fun to figure out since I still have limited tools having just taken up the game again: Ike with QR takes care of both Niles and Sanaki on turn 1, Olivia helps him reach the bottom right corner inside the walls to bait them; Celica wrecks Hector through the wall on turn 2 and starts taking down the left walls with a dance while Sonya with Moonbow gets into position to take out Effie, Ike duels Sheena while keeping out of Effie's range; on turn 3 Celica breaks the other wall and Ike nakes his way to the breach to escape Effie and dragging Sheena with him, Sonya chips Effie and dances out if her range; then I can't remember the exact turns but Ike had Aether charged up and could oneshot Sheena with her remaining HP while Sonya+Olivia takes care of Effie.

PART 3 IS STUPID ! I repeat myself, but I lose because on turn 5... YOU DON'T HAVE ENEMY PHASE ! IS, please ! It's not 5 full turns ! And I needed just that to win !

the worst part is Effie. Armor buff + Wary Fighter + fortress case... I successed to have just her at last standing unit, and with Michalis ready to bait and probably kill her. But didn't have this stupid 5th enemy phase.

And sometimes, they are running away in the back of the map. Yes, I've seen Sheena running away ! Why ? How ?

Edited by Ledrert

13 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

PART 3 IS STUPID ! I repeat myself, but I lose because on turn 5... YOU DON'T HAVE ENEMY PHASE ! IS, please ! It's not 5 full turns ! And I needed just that to win !

the worst part is Effie. Armor buff + Wary Fighter + fortress case... I successed to have just her at last standing unit, and with Michalis ready to bait and probably kill her. But didn't have this stupid 5th enemy phase.

And sometimes, they are running away in the back of the map. Yes, I've seen Sheena running away ! Why ? How ?

I kinda feel the same on the missing enemy phase thing for the last turn of the limit. I feel it should be part of it, but what do I know? IS thought Reinhardt was a good idea, sooo *shrug*

Anyways, seeing that Armor map on Normal I said to myself "Screw it, I can't be arsed with annoying turn limits", so I used what IS wants me to use, Horse Emblem. Done, 12 orbs more, thanks, bye.

EDIT: I think I should stop posting, I just rant on Horsies and Braves all day long. I know what I should do! Rant on Flier Emblem and dancers more, that should spice up things a bit. Clever!

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Parts 3 and 5 are posing a challenge for me. I thought the devs wanted us to like Faye...

WoM with a FireSweep Bow with Tempest Trials as a thing... They never wanted us to like Faye xD

...She's my biggest bane in the TT -.-

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

WoM with a FireSweep Bow with Tempest Trials as a thing... They never wanted us to like Faye xD

...She's my biggest bane in the TT -.-

wish she had Wings of Mercy in this... perhaps then we could do something resembling damage to her.

I did the first four on Hard with Luke/Clive/Frederick/Ninian, but they proved a poor match for the fifth and could only do it on Normal. I'm planning on coming up with a more powerful team to deal with that.

The third map was scary, but I barely managed to find a way to finish it in time.

I cleared all except the fourth one on hard. I still can't find an answer to it. Klein doesn't even work great because some of the fliers have Iote's Shield. -_- Nino can't do much to them either. Ike is helpful for the green ones, but there are lance-wielders too.

Anyone having trouble with the armors in map 3 though: Frederick. As long as you have someone that can kill Sanaki first, though. After that, Freddy with Hammer+ and Axebreaker makes short work of those armors and he takes like no damage from Niles.

EDIT: I cleared map 4 hard but I had no choice but to use an orb. I wish I didn't have to keep doing this, but otherwise, these maps are impossible for me and I don't get the crystals or another orb in return.

Edited by Anacybele

On normal I used my classic team of Ike, Nowi, Hector and B!Lyn, hard was another story, I used horse emblem except on map 4 where I had to change to Lucina, Klein, Nino and Lukas to clear it on time (horses take too long and my classic team dies to either Shanna or Caeda). Klein has Swordbreaker 2 for Caeda and Lukas has Lancebreaker 2 for Shanna while Lucina takes care of the axes and Nino kills Hinoka and Clair.

People have been having trouble with Faye? Strange, my Cherche found her to be easy prey (though to be fair, Cherche only did exactly enough to ORKO Faye on the Hard version of that map). Though yeah, I've cleared out all of what these maps had to offer and didn't find it terribly difficult. I did use a Light's Blessing on the hard version of Map 4 as self- punishment for idiotically leaving Ninian in range of Camilla though.

I do want to give my boy Tobin a shoutout for being able to handle Sheena and Hector on the third map quite easily once they were lured away from the humongous defense tile. Never count him out indeed.

Finished all of the turn limit map quests. Map 4 on Hard gave me the most trouble as it is the only one I couldn't clear on the first try.

Units used for maps 1-2 and 5: Xander, Camus, Olivia, Reinhardt

For map 3: Xander, Camus, Cecilia, Olivia

For map 4: Xander, Bride Cordelia, Camus, Cecilia