Will fire emblem warriors release at the wrong time?

Thany

We heard of a date for the European release of the game... and if it is the same for America, there could be a problem with sales since not to long after, Mario Odyssey will release for the switch... So i wonder, Do you think they should release the game sooner/later as to avoid the rush of Mario Odyssey?

If they were both platformers I would agree, but I don't think the impact will be that significant. Also keep in mind there is a (new) 3DS version as well, not all 3DS owners have a switch and the 3DS doesn't really have much competition going on at the moment...

Edited by Master Thunderblade

FEW has the benefit of releasing on the Switch and 3DS and the games are don't have much in common (not to mention Warriors features two games that sold well), so I think it's up to how well it's advertised. We still don't know the American release date but it probably won't be on the same day as Odyssey, and in Japan there shouldn't be much overlap since FEW will release a month beforehand.

We don't know the NA release date, so it's possible that it's releasing a few weeks later; though I don't think SMO will greatly effect its sales, I do think the EU release date is odd.