Did you enjoy Awakening?

Kazuya

Did you like 13?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. I mean, did you?

• Yes
    • No

I just wanna see who enjoyed 13. I enjoyed it for being senseless and fun, but I know a lot don't like it. Let's not be negative please, just a simple yes and no. 

(First time making a poll, sorry if it's uh bad)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. It was my starting point for the franchise and inspired me to play the rest of the series. By no means is it my favorite game, nor do I think it is a perfect game, but while it can a rather easy game, I think it does manage to be a fun game.

It was a fresh experience when it came out, but I hardly play it anymore since I think it has been surpassed in every aspect already by FE14.

Yes.

I enjoyed it and put many many many hours of play into it. It hasn't really aged well though, which is kind of sad considering it's really not that old.

First time, yes

But when I played older games like Thracia 776, it made me think Awakening is from the stone age because of the simplification of mechanics (no weapon weight, no ballistas, no light magic, no anima triangle, no variety of mission objectives...)

I'd like it....... if it came out 20 years before official release.

Ok game for newcomers, but not really enjoyable for FE veterans.

Edited by Aya Shameimaru

i liked it the first time but i haven't finished it again since and i'm not really sure why

last time i started playing it again i got bored and stopped around chapter 10 or so

i guess that would be a yes

Edited by unique

First Fire Emblem game that I've played, loved it back then, still love it.

The two last FE games really made improvements in terms of gameplay, overall, but since they've dropped the ball with the story soooo hard, I just can't see them as being better, or even equal.

10 minutes ago, Slyfox said:

First Fire Emblem game that I've played, loved it back then, still love it.

The two last FE games really made improvements in terms of gameplay, overall, but since they've dropped the ball with the story soooo hard, I just can't see them as being better, or even equal.

Do you mind if I ask what you like about Awakening's story?

Yes, despite the many, many, many problems I have with it.

I think at the time I even said it was my 2013 GotY, which had games like BioShock: Infinite and The Last of Us(But was otherwise a pretty dry year. I think in retrospect I'd say Metal Gear Rising was my GotY).

Thinking about it like food, Awakening is very sweet, rich candy. Great in the moment, but it leaves you feeling sluggish and sick afterward. It's hard to hate candy, it is what it is, but it's also not something I really want a whole lot of(While we're here, Fates is like a fine steak with ketchup on it).

Edited by Slumber

34 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Do you mind if I ask what you like about Awakening's story?

The story made sense, within it's setting. I find that any plot holes or unexplained crap are fairly negligible. There is no great story to be had in Awakening, but it's all the small parts added together that make it enjoyable. I could understand what our characters thought, felt, and did, they were consistently written. I'm sure I could go on, but I'm probably being vague enough as it is.

My problem with Fates and Valentia is all the forced drama and the relentless tide of head-scratching moments.

Basically, Awakening's story is a small fishing boat, not impressive, but hey, it floats!

Fates and Valentia are impressive cruise ships, with gaping holes in the hull letting in tons of water.

38 minutes ago, Slyfox said:

The story made sense, within it's setting. I find that any plot holes or unexplained crap are fairly negligible. There is no great story to be had in Awakening, but it's all the small parts added together that make it enjoyable. I could understand what our characters thought, felt, and did, they were consistently written. I'm sure I could go on, but I'm probably being vague enough as it is.

My problem with Fates and Valentia is all the forced drama and the relentless tide of head-scratching moments.

Basically, Awakening's story is a small fishing boat, not impressive, but hey, it floats!

Fates and Valentia are impressive cruise ships, with gaping holes in the hull letting in tons of water.

Awakening is the game where its said Panne's mother raised her until she was a teenager, then later says her mother died when she was a baby and she never got to see other taguel.

So I'll personally disagree with this.

55 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yes, despite the many, many, many problems I have with it.

I think at the time I even said it was my 2013 GotY, which had games like BioShock: Infinite and The Last of Us(But was otherwise a pretty dry year. I think in retrospect I'd say Metal Gear Rising was my GotY).

Thinking about it like food, Awakening is very sweet, rich candy. Great in the moment, but it leaves you feeling sluggish and sick afterward. It's hard to hate candy, it is what it is, but it's also not something I really want a whole lot of(While we're here, Fates is like a fine steak with ketchup on it).

What? I can't tell if that's good or bad. 

Ah, Awakening.  I remember way back when I hadn't played many major 3DS games and I thought it was the best thing since pizza.  I think I did four straight playthroughs of it before I got remotely tired of it.

Though, I ended up enjoying Fates's gameplay a little more.  The nerfing of Pair Up alone helped a lot.

Another thing I'm grateful for is Awakening's attempts to introduce characters from older games through DLC, which really made me want to explore the rest of what the series had to offer.  If it hadn't done that, I might have ended up being more of a fake fan like Etika.  XD

For all the issues I have with Awakening and all of the things I think it could have done better, you might would think I hated it...

...but according to my 3DS, I've spent nearly 300 hours playing it in the past year. I wouldn't do that if I didn't enjoy it.

However much Awakening has it's flaws, I think it does have a certain amount of charm. I've only ever played through once, but I'd play through again, for sure. 

It was also what finally got my sister into FE. Consequently she's now played Fates and SoV, and has started on the older games.  This is a big deal for me, because I could never convince her before to try a game like FE, and now we can finally talk about it.