Alright. So, apparently, someone crunched the numbers, and apparently, the final roster will be at least 28 characters.

Here are my predictions based on this knowledge.

CHARACTERS ALREADY CONFIRMED.

1. Rowen.

2. Lianna.

3. Chrom.

4. Ryoma.

5. Xander.

6. Robin.

7. Lucina.

8. Cordelia.

9. Fredrick.

10. Lissa.

11. Marth.

12. Corrin.

13. Camilla.

14. Hinoka.

15. Takumi.

16. Leo.

I'm at least 90% sure that Female Robin is just a skin with different elemental attacks, so I won't count her.

CHARACTER PREDICIONS.

1. Caeda.

2. Roger.

3. Tiki. (SD version, as much as I'd hate that.)

4. Navarre.

5. Minerva.

6. Tharja.

7. Donnel.

8. Gaius.

9. Odin.

10. Laslow.

11. Selena.

12. Azura.

Roger is in this list, because the devs confirmed that armored units are in the game.

Thoughts?

Edited by Dragonage2ftw

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who crunched numbers, and where?

Anyway, all I'll say is that I'm gonna continue to reiterate that I think the chance we'll get the whole Awakening Trio as their Fates counterparts is marred by A) most of them being sword users and B) creating an off-balance in the number of Nohrians to Hoshidans.

Also, given that Lucina was on the chopping block, and that there are still some characters left who are more popular than her from the Fates cast, Azura's not a "surefire thing".  Very likely, yes, but not a guarantee.

Here are my all-new predictions (bracketed choices are my runner-ups):

Shadow Dragon:

Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Draug, Minerva, Jeorge, Merric, Linde, Camus, Gharnef 

(Gordin? Jagen? Hardin? Ogma?)

Awakening:

Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Lucina, Cordelia, Nowi, Virion, Tharja, Gangrel, Walhart, Validar

(Panne? Cherche? Gaius? Basilio? Olivia pls?)

Fates:

Corrin, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Azura, Effie, Subaki, Garon

(Charlotte? Oboro? Niles? Awakening Trio? Iago? Hanz?)

With the OCs, that's around 35 characters, which fits with the proposed roster size.

Not a bad prediction..I definitely agree with Tiki and Tharja.

15 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also, given that Lucina was on the chopping block, and that there are still some characters left who are more popular than her from the Fates cast, Azura's not a "surefire thing".  Very likely, yes, but not a guarantee.

Where was that said?

3 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Where was that said?

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-chrom-was-made-first-lissa-lucina-frederick-robin-talk-much-more/

Considering cutting a main (not protagonist) for those reasons seems...dumb though. Particularly the child thing while the sword argument at least holds a little water.

Edited by Arthur97

Just now, Deva Ashera said:

Where was that said?

You mean the thing about Lucina, or the thing about there being more popular characters than Azura?

The latter is in polls, and the former is in interviews.  Arthur linked the article, but I'll put the specific quotes in my post for ease of access.

But actually, we used to stray away regarding Lucina.

At first there were talks in the development team of, “Should we remove Lucina?” However, after we talked with Nintendo and Intelligent Systems, we reconsidered that, thinking “That’s just not possible after all” (laughs).

It’s an obvious thing; it’s not because we hated her or something, but the reasons are because there are already too many sword characters, and because she’s of the children generation.

Which means, when we were contemplating on whether to add people from the children generation, if Lucina wasn’t added, then we would’ve come to a conclusion that we wouldn’t add anyone from the children generation.

It's also a reason to doubt the inclusion of the Awakening Trio.

Ah, thank you both. If anything, that means it's still up in the air since Intelligent Systems or Nintendo could still say to include this or that character anyway or to not include a certain character, like was the case with Tingle in Hyrule Warriors prior to DLC.

Edited by Deva Ashera

OCs:

1. Rowan
2. Lianna

Akaneia:

3. Marth
4. Cain
5. Abel
6. Gordin
7. Draug
8. Minerva or Caeda
9. Camus

Awakening:

10. Chrom
11. Lucina
12. Lissa
13. Frederick
14. Robin
15. Cordelia
16. Tharja
17. Tiki
18. Nowi
19. Lon'qu
20. Virion
21. Sully
22. Walhart

Fates

23. Cornbread
24. Xander
25. Ryoma
26. Takumi
27. Hinoka
28. Camilla
29. Leo
30. Azura
31. Oboro
32. Niles

NPCs/Unplayable Villains:

Elise, Sakura, Garon, Validar, Grima, Anna, Gharnef, Medeus

Edited by AzureSen

Lucina was almost cut because there were already enough sword users and because she doesn't add anything unique; it's just that she was popular enough that those issues could be overlooked. Neither of those issues apply to Azura, so you can't use "Lucina was almost cut" as reasoning for why Azura might not be included. Anyway...

• Sword: Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Lucina
  • Lance: Cordelia, Hinoka, Azura, Caeda, Camus, Draug
  • Axe: Lissa, Frederick, Camilla, Basilio, Minerva, Garon
  • Tome: Robin, Leo, Tharja, Linde
  • Bow: Takumi, Jeorge
  • Dragonstone: Tiki
  • One of the above: an Awakening villain (Gangrel, Walhart, etc.)

I would prefer if half the lance users weren't Pegasus Knights with the same basic moveset, but this is my rough guess (though I don't expect this to be entirely accurate, if at all). I wasn't sure what to do for Awakening's villain, so I didn't list a specific character even though I expect one. Generally I expect more Awakening characters, but I don't know who they'd be.

Edited by Lightchao42

58 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Where was that said?

Thanks.

The reason I'm sad about it being SD Tiki is simple:

Their's more room for interesting supports with Awakening Tiki.

Like, supports where she's overjoyed that she gets to see her dead freinds again and stuff like that.

Edited by Dragonage2ftw

59 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Like, supports where she's overjoyed that she gets to see her dead freinds again and stuff like that.

Who knows, if Lucina and Robin!F is anything to go off of, we may get both, I don't think it would be any weirder than Robin!M and Robin!F being in the same room. Personally I prefer SD Tiki but really all I want is a manakete or two.

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Who knows, if Lucina and Robin!F is anything to go off of, we may get both, I don't think it would be any weirder than Robin!M and Robin!F being in the same room. Personally I prefer SD Tiki but really all I want is a manakete or two.

I mean.

Corrin is kind of a Manakete.

Just now, Dragonage2ftw said:

I mean.

Corrin is kind of a Manakete.

I mean a real manakete, not someone who IS decided to have turn into a dragon because they thought it would make them seem cooler, besides I feel like a dragonstone only character would just be more interesting.

corrin is to fire emblem what raiden was to MGS around 4 and revengence:

Hey I know you hate this character but look at all the cool things he can do now that he is a cyborg ninja with a cool sword that can cut through anything.

Hey I know you hate this character but look at all the cool things he can do now that he can turn into a dragon and has a cool sword that glows and looks like a chainsaw.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I mean a real manakete, not someone who IS decided to have turn into a dragon because they thought it would make them seem cooler, besides I feel like a dragonstone only character would just be more interesting.

corrin is to fire emblem what raiden was to MGS around 4 and revengence:

Hey I know you hate this character but look at all the cool things he can do now that he is a cyborg ninja with a cool sword that can cut through anything.

Hey I know you hate this character but look at all the cool things he can do now that he can turn into a dragon and has a cool sword that glows and looks like a chainsaw.

I'd like to point out that Corrin had a lot of other Dragon-based weapons in Fates that were left on the cutting room floor.

So, I'd say that it's more likely that the Yato was the last minute addition.

11 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I'd like to point out that Corrin had a lot of other Dragon-based weapons in Fates that were left on the cutting room floor.

So, I'd say that it's more likely that the Yato was the last minute addition.

That's still not the corrin we got though.

I would have rather them dump the Yato personally, and focus on making corrin's dragon form better and feel less tacked on. It might have made me like corrin a bit more.

Sure, one last prediction. Confirmed characters in blue.

OC
Rowan
Lianna

Darius

SD
Marth
Minerva
Camus
Tiki
Caeda
Jeorge
Merric

Fates
Female Corrin
Ryoma
Hinoka
Takumi
Xander
Camilla

Leo
Elise
Sakura
Azura
Male Corrin

Awakening
Chrom
Frederick
Lissa
Male Robin
Lucina
Cordelia

Female Robin
Tharja
Virion

Other
Ike
Roy

I feel like Ike and Roy could be in the base game because of their Amiibo, but they could also be DLC. Including Ike and Roy, this is 32 characters, a realistic number.

Edited by Anacybele

10 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Alright. So, apparently, someone crunched the numbers, and apparently, the final roster will be at least 28 characters.

Do you apparently have a source for this number?

But alright, I'll throw one in. * = confirmed

Spoiler

Archanea:
*Marth
Jagen
Draug
Caeda
Minerva
Linde
Tiki
Medeus

Ylisse:
*Chrom
*RobinM
*RobinF (Yes, I believe they are separate)
*Lissa
*Frederick
*Cordelia
*Lucina
Gaius
Tharja
Virion
Aversa

Fates:
*CorrinF
*Xander
*Ryoma
*Camilla
*Hinoka
*Takumi
*Leo
Azura
Effie
Oboro
Garon

Other:
*Lianna
*Rowan
Anna

On Oboro: I like the idea of retainers being in in place of Sakura and Elise, but I can't see Hana or Subaki getting in, and since Oboro is popular I think she'd be a good replacement.

On villains: I'm predicting one villain from each continent. I can see Medeus being the "main" villain of the three (sort of like Ganondorf). Garon is obvious, he's really the only villain choice from Fates. From Awakening I predict Aversa for being unique (no other flying mages), prominent in the game she comes from, and pretty much the only choice for a female villain.

Edited by Florete

5 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Thanks.

Awakening Tiki is inaccurate anyhow, why is she keeping the Emblem apart?

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

Do you apparently have a source for this number?

But alright, I'll throw one in. * = confirmed

Reveal hidden contents

Archanea:
*Marth
Jagen
Draug
Caeda
Minerva
Linde
Tiki
Medeus

Ylisse:
*Chrom
*RobinM
*RobinF (Yes, I believe they are separate)
*Lissa
*Frederick
*Cordelia
*Lucina
Gaius
Tharja
Virion
Aversa

Fates:
*CorrinF
*Xander
*Ryoma
*Camilla
*Hinoka
*Takumi
*Leo
Azura
Effie
Oboro
Garon

Other:
*Lianna
*Rowan
Anna

On Oboro: I like the idea of retainers being in in place of Sakura and Elise, but I can't see Hana or Subaki getting in, and since Oboro is popular I think she'd be a good replacement.

On villains: I'm predicting one villain from each continent. I can see Medeus being the "main" villain of the three (sort of like Ganondorf). Garon is obvious, he's really the only villain choice from Fates. From Awakening I predict Aversa for being unique (no other flying mages), prominent in the game she comes from, and pretty much the only choice for a female villain.

If you go off spot pass, Aversa is no more of a villain then Tiki who was hypnotized by Gharnef.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

If you go off spot pass, Aversa is no more of a villain then Tiki who was hypnotized by Gharnef.

So what? Then Gangrel and Walhart might as well not be villains, either. She was tricked, not hypnotized.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Awakening Tiki is inaccurate anyhow, why is she keeping the Emblem apart?

To be fair, we don't know what happened between Mystery and Awakening. The Fire Emblem seems to have almost went through a polarity shift where now it awakens dragons instead of sealing them. That, or Tiki got a handle on her draconic instincts, possibly with age.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

So what? Then Gangrel and Walhart might as well not be villains, either. She was tricked, not hypnotized.

The art book and in game dialogue call Aversa a puppet. Gangrel and Walhart did their actions of their free will, though Walhart claims to be tricked in spot pass content.

Even the Nohr royal family could be considered more villainous, as they opposed Hoshido of their free will.