Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

The art book and in game dialogue call Aversa a puppet. Gangrel and Walhart did their actions of their free will, though Walhart claims to be tricked in spot pass content.

Even the Nohr royal family could be considered more villainous, as they opposed Hoshido of their free will.

The word "Puppet" doesn't mean she was brainwashed, just that she was taken advantage of. She was in control of her actions and aware of everything she was doing.

This is ultimately pointless. In or not, she won't be decided against because of such a minor reason. The game treats her as a villain.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Florete said:

The word "Puppet" doesn't mean she was brainwashed, just that she was taken advantage of. She was in control of her actions and aware of everything she was doing.

This is ultimately pointless. In or not, she won't be decided against because of such a minor reason. The game treats her as a villain.

Spotpass chapter said Aversa's memories and mind were literally re-written so she'd be fanatical in serving Grima and Validar. Again, not free will.

Not after the spotpass content, the game treats her as blameless. Anyhow if we do have an Awakening villain, Walhart seems the only good choice.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Spotpass chapter said Aversa's memories and mind were literally re-written so she'd be fanatical in serving Grima and Validar. Again, not free will.

Not after the spotpass content, the game treats her as blameless. Anyhow if we do have an Awakening villain, Walhart seems the only good choice.

I don't care what you think of her situation. I don't care who you think would be a better option. She's a villain, and this is my prediction.

Taking 28 into consideration, my guesses.

1. Rowan
  2. Lianna
  3. Marth
  4. Caeda
  5. Tiki
  6. Jagen
  7. Draug
  8. Minerva
  9. Merric
  10. Chrom
  11. Robin
  12. Lucina
  13. Lissa
  14. Frederick
  15. Cordelia
  16. Tharja
  17. Virion
  18. Basilio
  19. Corrin
  20. Azura
  21. Ryoma
  22. Hinoka
  23. Takumi
  24. Oboro
  25. Xander
  26. Camilla
  27. Leo
  28. Niles
Edited by Ercdouken

Since everyone is doing roster predictions, might as well thrown in mine once again. I am keeping my list smaller this time. I rather be pleasantly surprised that there are more characters than be disappointed that some characters did not make it in.

Blue = Confirmed
Red = Speculation

Warriors: Shion, Lian, Darios, Primary Antagonist, Secondary Antagonist
Archanea: Marth, Caeda, Draug, Gordin, Gharnef || Y!Yiki
Awakening: Chrom, Robin, Frederick, Lissa, Lucina, Cordelia, Kellam, Grima || F!Robin
Fates:
== Nohr: Xander, Camilla, Leo
== Hoshido: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi
== Revelations: F!Corrin, Azura  || M!Corrin

NPC: Jagen, Cain, Abel // Emmeryn // Elise, Sakura, Anakos

Confirmed: 17 (19 if counting F!Robin and Y!Tiki)
Speculation: 9 (10 if counting M!Corrin)
Sire's Total: 25 (28 if counting the F!Robin, M!Corrin, and Y!Tiki)

Reasoning (Notice: Lengthy)

Spoiler

Before I start, please remember that character representation from all the titles will not be equal. Due to this, I feel like Archanea will just get the bare minimum of characters while Fates and Awakening get the spotlight. Also, I am dead set on characters not from the 3 titles will not appear unless they are DLC. So, characters like Ike, Roy, Alm, and Celica are not going to be in the base title. If one wants to hope for something, maybe Ike will be pre-order DLC, I don't know.

Anyways, for Warriors, the main draw of the game is all the other Fire Emblem characters. So, I think the Twins will be the primary protagonists, Darios serves as a mystery role, and there will be two antagonist characters who will be playable. Given the lack of axe units, I have a feeling the secondary antagonist will wield an axe and be a ground unit. Then, for a proper finale, the primary one can use lances to make the Weapon Triangle work against the Twins, or just use a Sword for the classic sword duel.

For Archanea, if we follow the trend of "starter" and "lord" units (Chrom's Shepherds, the Fates' Royals), I think the majority of Marth's army may come from his early game. Caeda is Marth's love interest and makes an excellent candidate for a Sword Pegasus (despite the Wing Spear being a thing in the Shadow Dragon remake). Draug and Gordin are part of the Altean Knights and serve as representatives of the Knight and Archer class for Archanea while Jagen, Cain, and Abel simply serve as NPCs (because while they are important members of the Knights, there are better character selections elsewhere). Finally, Gharnef serves as the primary villain for Archaena as well as being a Dark Mage.

I would love to have seen Camus, Linde, Minerva, and Michalis, but I fear they go too far into Archanean territory to be considered a broad selection from the title. FE: Warriors may end up surprising me, but this list is currently leaning more towards "those I think who will actually make it in" instead of a pseudo wishlist with some reasoning. It would be awesome if Julian and Lena make it in since I have a fond attachment of those two, but I do not think that is likely.

For Awakening, they are in a pretty good spot character wise. I chose Grima as the primary antagonist due to the "bonds" it shares with the main cast, and because fighting on the back of a giant dragon (with Id [Purpose] playing) is too awesome to pass up. I also ended up picking Kellam to serve as a "joke character," while also representing the Knight class with lances.

As for Tharja, unless she is shoehorned in based off of her popularity, I have no idea how she will be incorporated into the storyline since she originally starts as an enemy in when facing Gangrel. Having a dark mage would be nice, but we technically have that already with Gharnef.

My personal wishlist would see Walhart in the game as its "Lu Bu," but the more I think on it the more I believe a Warriors Original will serve as that role. This is a bit of a shame, but I foresee just main primary antagonist per title and Grima serves that role. Perhaps in the future FE: Warriors can expand its universe with other games as well as simply expanding on the games they already have. I would love to see Owain, Cynthia, and Gregor. Also, there's Virion and Cherche as well... (Virion + Cherche + Walhart when IS?) While I may be considered an "elitist" or a "veteran" since I've been around since Sacred Stones, I love the casts of Awakening and Fates too.

Lastly, for Fates, I feel like they will end up doing the whole Nohr vs Hoshido thing. Perhaps Rowan goes with Hoshido while Liana goes with Nohr (which is more the reason to choose Liana instead), so I feel having an antagonist for Fates is out of place. Instead, I think the Warriors villains will end up playing more of a role in their storyline.

Honestly, besides Azura and maybe Elise and Sakura, I do not see Fates getting any more characters (not even Corrin's Retainers). There is no indication of "hidden weapons" or "daggers" in Warriors, which makes it difficult to include ninjas, maids, and butlers in their Fates form. Then, if we add a character for Nohr, we have to add one for Hoshido. Fates is too large a title, so just including the Fates Royals, Azura, and Corrin is enough for their first appearance in Warriors.

I almost entirely forgot about Azura and the fact that she exists. Maybe her song calms down the warring factions or something. As for Elise and Sakura, the reason I make them NPCs is because both characters are similar to heroes already in the title (Elise will be a mounted mage, like Leo, while Sakura is likely a bow unit, like Takumi). Yes, there are ways to make the little sisters unique and it is entirely possibly that they may be revealed alongside Azura, but for now I am simply registering them as NPCs. They are important enough to include since the entire family is present, but may not be important enough to also get a proper moveset compared to the alternatives.

Overall, I think the main thing I am missing is a Lance Cavalier, which I originally envisioned Camus taking. However, maybe Jagen may pick up that role and continue serving as Marth's advisor in the Warriors world. I am also lacking an Axe Armor, but I have no idea who could fill that role outside of an OC or Hector. Then, even though there is no Magic Triangle, if Warriors wants Light Magic, Linde may be a good choice due to her Aura. (So, we will have Light, Dark, and Anima.)

I am sure in the future "Hidden Weapons" may be implemented, and maybe even a Magic Triangle as the roster grows. Personally, I am hyped for FE: Warriors and will be looking forward to the DLC for "classic" characters such as Ephraim & Erika, or Lyn, Eliwood, & Hector. Then in the future there may be more story, a refined aesthetic (I prefer Radiant Dawn's style of cinematics instead of Awakening/Fates ones, if FE: Warriors continues with "Fire Emblem: The Playable Cinematic" thing.)

Now, if only I had spare money to get myself a Nintendo Switch while preserving my sanity...

On 8/24/2017 at 1:03 AM, Sire said:

Reveal hidden contents

Before I start, please remember that character representation from all the titles will not be equal. Due to this, I feel like Archanea will just get the bare minimum of characters while Fates and Awakening get the spotlight. Also, I am dead set on characters not from the 3 titles will not appear unless they are DLC. So, characters like Ike, Roy, Alm, and Celica are not going to be in the base title. If one wants to hope for something, maybe Ike will be pre-order DLC, I don't know.

Anyways, for Warriors, the main draw of the game is all the other Fire Emblem characters. So, I think the Twins will be the primary protagonists, Darios serves as a mystery role, and there will be two antagonist characters who will be playable. Given the lack of axe units, I have a feeling the secondary antagonist will wield an axe and be a ground unit. Then, for a proper finale, the primary one can use lances to make the Weapon Triangle work against the Twins, or just use a Sword for the classic sword duel.

For Archanea, if we follow the trend of "starter" and "lord" units (Chrom's Shepherds, the Fates' Royals), I think the majority of Marth's army may come from his early game. Caeda is Marth's love interest and makes an excellent candidate for a Sword Pegasus (despite the Wing Spear being a thing in the Shadow Dragon remake). Draug and Gordin are part of the Altean Knights and serve as representatives of the Knight and Archer class for Archanea while Jagen, Cain, and Abel simply serve as NPCs (because while they are important members of the Knights, there are better character selections elsewhere). Finally, Gharnef serves as the primary villain for Archaena as well as being a Dark Mage.

I would love to have seen Camus, Linde, Minerva, and Michalis, but I fear they go too far into Archanean territory to be considered a broad selection from the title. FE: Warriors may end up surprising me, but this list is currently leaning more towards "those I think who will actually make it in" instead of a pseudo wishlist with some reasoning. It would be awesome if Julian and Lena make it in since I have a fond attachment of those two, but I do not think that is likely.

For Awakening, they are in a pretty good spot character wise. I chose Grima as the primary antagonist due to the "bonds" it shares with the main cast, and because fighting on the back of a giant dragon (with Id [Purpose] playing) is too awesome to pass up. I also ended up picking Kellam to serve as a "joke character," while also representing the Knight class with lances.

As for Tharja, unless she is shoehorned in based off of her popularity, I have no idea how she will be incorporated into the storyline since she originally starts as an enemy in when facing Gangrel. Having a dark mage would be nice, but we technically have that already with Gharnef.

My personal wishlist would see Walhart in the game as its "Lu Bu," but the more I think on it the more I believe a Warriors Original will serve as that role. This is a bit of a shame, but I foresee just main primary antagonist per title and Grima serves that role. Perhaps in the future FE: Warriors can expand its universe with other games as well as simply expanding on the games they already have. I would love to see Owain, Cynthia, and Gregor. Also, there's Virion and Cherche as well... (Virion + Cherche + Walhart when IS?) While I may be considered an "elitist" or a "veteran" since I've been around since Sacred Stones, I love the casts of Awakening and Fates too.

Lastly, for Fates, I feel like they will end up doing the whole Nohr vs Hoshido thing. Perhaps Rowan goes with Hoshido while Liana goes with Nohr (which is more the reason to choose Liana instead), so I feel having an antagonist for Fates is out of place. Instead, I think the Warriors villains will end up playing more of a role in their storyline.

Honestly, besides Azura and maybe Elise and Sakura, I do not see Fates getting any more characters (not even Corrin's Retainers). There is no indication of "hidden weapons" or "daggers" in Warriors, which makes it difficult to include ninjas, maids, and butlers in their Fates form. Then, if we add a character for Nohr, we have to add one for Hoshido. Fates is too large a title, so just including the Fates Royals, Azura, and Corrin is enough for their first appearance in Warriors.

I almost entirely forgot about Azura and the fact that she exists. Maybe her song calms down the warring factions or something. As for Elise and Sakura, the reason I make them NPCs is because both characters are similar to heroes already in the title (Elise will be a mounted mage, like Leo, while Sakura is likely a bow unit, like Takumi). Yes, there are ways to make the little sisters unique and it is entirely possibly that they may be revealed alongside Azura, but for now I am simply registering them as NPCs. They are important enough to include since the entire family is present, but may not be important enough to also get a proper moveset compared to the alternatives.

Overall, I think the main thing I am missing is a Lance Cavalier, which I originally envisioned Camus taking. However, maybe Jagen may pick up that role and continue serving as Marth's advisor in the Warriors world. I am also lacking an Axe Armor, but I have no idea who could fill that role outside of an OC or Hector. Then, even though there is no Magic Triangle, if Warriors wants Light Magic, Linde may be a good choice due to her Aura. (So, we will have Light, Dark, and Anima.)

I am sure in the future "Hidden Weapons" may be implemented, and maybe even a Magic Triangle as the roster grows. Personally, I am hyped for FE: Warriors and will be looking forward to the DLC for "classic" characters such as Ephraim & Erika, or Lyn, Eliwood, & Hector. Then in the future there may be more story, a refined aesthetic (I prefer Radiant Dawn's style of cinematics instead of Awakening/Fates ones, if FE: Warriors continues with "Fire Emblem: The Playable Cinematic" thing.)

Now, if only I had spare money to get myself a Nintendo Switch while preserving my sanity...

I don't think you'd be an elitist. For me, I consider Fire Emblem elitists people who hate the difficulty, the gameplay, the story, the characters, and the fanbase of Awakening and/or Fates (sometimes other games, although those are rarer); act like huge jerks whenever the topics come up, and would rather the series have died then those games exist. I admit, such a perception was probably born from reading too many comments sections, and having them blend into my head as a nebulous, starman boogeyman that usually keeps me from interacting with this fandom, but I really have bumped into people like that online.

5 hours ago, redtutel said:

I don't think you'd be an elitist. For me, I consider Fire Emblem elitists people who hate the difficulty, the gameplay, the story, the characters, and the fanbase of Awakening and/or Fates (sometimes other games, although those are rarer); act like huge jerks whenever the topics come up, and would rather the series have died then those games exist. I admit, such a perception was probably born from reading too many comments sections, and having them blend into my head as a nebulous, starman boogeyman that usually keeps me from interacting with this fandom, but I really have bumped into people like that online.

Surely the definition of "elitist" would be something like "someone who thinks that they're better than everyone else, and who looks down at anyone who isn't as good as they are/doesn't subscribe to their way of thinking"?

Anyway, I'm predicting that Marth and Tiki will be the only SD characters in the game, Marth only being in the game because he's the mascot of the FE franchise.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Surely the definition of "elitist" would be something like "someone who thinks that they're better than everyone else, and who looks down at anyone who isn't as good as they are/doesn't subscribe to their way of thinking"?

Anyway, I'm predicting that Marth and Tiki will be the only SD characters in the game, Marth only being in the game because he's the mascot of the FE franchise.

I wouldn't go that far. Caeda could be a sword using flyer and frankly, she's one of the most memorable from that game...not that that's saying much.

OC: Rowan, Lianna, sword-friend-guy

SD: Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Minerva, Draug

Awakening: Chrom, Robin (M & F), Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja

Fates: Corrin (M & F), Azura, Ryoma, Xander, Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi, Leo

Villains: Gharnef, Gangrel, Garon, Dragon OC (Boss only)

Bold are the ones confirmed

For Shadow Dragon, Tiki has the Amiibo, and Caeda has a bit more of a presence in the plot then most characters and a bit of popularity and iconic status within the franchise. Draug I chose because the developers mentioned that they have armored units in the game and I feel he has the strongest case to be made out of the available Armored units from the three games. Finally, while Minerva is more of a long shot, I remembered the developers mentioning that they lacked Axe users in the game when mentioning Lissa and Frederick. Outside of her, Camilla, Walhart, and Garon you don't have many plot important Axe users that primarily uses that weapon, so I feel she has a good shot if they're still looking for a balance in weaponry and wanted a character with some semblance of involvement in the plot.

Awakening I only see Tharja joining the cast as similar to Cordelia she has a lot of popularity and I don't think Koei is going to skip her over with Nintendo/IS having an influence on the roster.

Fates I just see M!Corrin and Azura. M!Corrin is the same case as F!Robin, and Azura is just too plot important to ignore.

With the villains, I went with Gharnef, Gangrel, and Garon. With Gharnef, I feel the game is going to have the Sorcerer archetype present in the story and really, he's the best option out of the three since he has more notability then either Validar or Iago. Gangrel was more a case of being the best option out of the ones left since I already doubt we'll get Validar, the Dragon OC fills the role that Grima can have (and for similar reasons I doubt Medeus or Anankos will be present), and Walhart lacks the connection to Chrom that Gangrel has, So by process of elimination he ended up getting the slot, and I feel he'll bring more to the table in terms of the character interaction that Koei is looking for. With Fates, again the other villains either don't add anything or have their roles filled by pre-existing options, so I ended up going with Garon as he stands out more and has his connection to the other heroic characters.

Other options I could see are Virion, Jeorge, Merric, Linde, and Camus.

Edited by Medeus

So...

I'm thinking Shadow Dragon roster will be something like: Marth, Caeda, Jeorge, either Merric or Linde, but probably not both, Draug (armor), Tiki, and either Cain, Abel or Jagen, with Jagen as priority, as Frederick was in the Awakening roster. Sorry Gordin, I'd put you on the list, but Jeorge has Parthia. Honorary mention for being adorable.

Fateswise, we're still missing Sakura and Azura, though I'm certain they're just around the corner. There is no more room for any more characters from Fates, unless it is DLC. Also, Male Corrin. Will he be a skin, or did he just get shafted entirely? 

Awakening has enough characters (Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia and Lucina), but they'll probaby end up adding Tharja for the fan base, and maybe Kellam because he's an armoured unit.

If we count up my guesses....

SD: 1 confirmed, 8 with my roster prediction
Awakening: 6 already confirmed, 8 with my roster prediction, 9 if both Robin are counted seperately.
Fates: 10, 11 if Male Corrin somehow isn't shafted by IS/Koei
Warriors: 3-4, not sure if the twin's mom will be playable or not

Totals:

Already confirmed: 18 (19 if Robin's are counted separately)
My roster prediction: 29

*(31 if M!Corrin and F!Robin are counted separately (and if M!Corrin even gets in)
** (32 if Mom is playable)

--------

As for DLC, that is a different story. Ike and Roy will most likely be playable later on via Amiibo. 

If I had complete control over the DLC roster, other than the amiibos, I would add:

1. Alm
  2. Celica
  3. SOV Antagonist? (Probably, Rudolf, Berkut or Jedah)
  4. Eirika
  5. Ephraim
  6. Lyon
  7. Seliph
  8. Julia
  9. Julius
  10. Lyn
  11. Hector
  12. Eliwood
  13. Ninian
  14. Micaiah
  15. Black Knight

Honourable Mentions: Garon, Mikoto, Gangrel, Aversa, Validar, Valter, Alm's village buddies, Celica's Novis friends and Saber, Nils, Nergal, Lilina and Leif. 

That's just my thoughts.

Since my topic got locked i'll post my predictions here. I've italicised characters to fit for a roster of 25, but if I were to be optimistic i've included more to reach 35 to match the 20% comment.

Awakening

Chrom | Lissa | Frederick Robin | Lucina | Cordelia | Tharja | Virion Cherche Gangrel

Cordelia being in over Tharja is actually surprising to me since Tharja is immensely more popular and would be more unique, being a dark mage and whatnot. She's basically the main reason why I doubt a 25-large roster.

Virion has had big roles in both FE spin-offs, is story relevant, and an archer (of which Takumi and kinda Sakura are the only ones confirmed/likely). He has lots of reason to be in, infact the only thing not working in his favor is popularity.

Cherche is a foil to Virion, and the next most popular Awakening female not mentioned so far. She's an axe user, and a flier, and she needs to support with Minerva immediately.

Gangrel is a major villain in Awakening, and he would be interesting from a moveset perspective. I don't really have any other reason to predict him, he's just the most likely villain rep from Awakening.

Shadow Dragon

Marth Caeda Tiki Merric | Draug Minerva Jagen Camus

Tiki has an amiibo, and has been in how many FE games now? She'll be in.

Caeda is very likely within Shadow Dragon choices. Another flier and lance user, plus with the focus on character relations, I don't see a scenario in which she won't be playable.

Merric is another mage, which when counting up the numbers, I was shocked to see was under-represented. A wind mage would certainly be interesting to see.

Camus is another character spanning multiple games, plus he'd be a good villain choice.

It hurts me to put Minerva in italics but unfortunately I expect her to be excluded in a 25 character roster. She would be an axe user and a flier though, so she does have some chance.

Jagen and Draug are also possible choices, and one of them could be in over Merric, but they both have reasons to be in together in a larger roster.

Fates

Corrin | Azura | Ryoma | Xander | Camilla Elise Leo Takumi Hinoka Sakura Oboro Arthur Garon

Putting Azura in italics feels very odd but damn if that poster isn't damning.

Sakura has already been soft confirmed so she's definitely in.

Garon is an axe user, villain, and a Fates royal which seems to be a free ticket to entry at this point.

As for the retainers- Oboro is the most popular, and Arthur is an axe-wielding joke character. In a larger roster they both realistically have chances.

And there's my set of roster predictions, with all choices, the weapon counts come out at:

Sword - (Rowan/Lianna/Chrom/Lucina/Gangrel/Marth/Corrin/Ryoma/Xander)

Lance - 8 (Cordelia/Caeda/Jagen/Draug/Camus/Azura/Hinoka/Oboro)

Axe - 7 (Lissa/Frederick/Cherche/Minerva/Camilla/Arthur/Garon)

Archer - 3 (Virion/Takumi/Sakura)

Magic - 5 (Robin/Tharja/Merric/Leo/Elise)

Beaststone - 1 (Tiki)

Removing my italic choices, the sword count wouldn't actually shrink. However, there would be 4 lance users and 4 axe users which is kinda pathetic. Another reason I don't expect 25 as the final number.

Hmm...with Elise's reveal, that pretty much confirms Sakura so...

Shadow Dragon: Marth, Caeda (sword), Draug (axe or lance), Jagen (lance), Y!Tiki

Awakening: Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, M!Robin/F!Robin, Lucina, Cordelia, Tharja, Virion

Fates

- Hoshido: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura

- Nohr: Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise

- Valla: F!Corrin/M!Corrin, Azura

That rounds it to...23 without counting the twins. I didn't count villains as those would probably be made playable through updates or...unlockables. As for other characters...

Joke/Other: Wrys, Arthur, Nowi, Owain, Hardin (SD version)

Villains: OC villain #1, OC villain #2, Gharnef, Medeus, Grima, Validar, Walhart, Aversa, Gangrel, Garon, Iago, Hans, Anankos

The villain pool is pretty healthy. Any combination of them would work just fine.

The only game I feel I can make hard speculation for is Fates. I'm putting asterisks at the end ranging from 1 to three, three if they're very likely and 1 if they're not likely and basing it off similar criteria as stated in the interview (Oh, and I'm ignoring weapon options for the sake of giving everyone a fair look).

Confirmed:

* Corrin

* Xander

* Ryoma

* Camilla

* Hinoka

* Leo

* Takumi

* Elise

* Sakura

Speculation:

* Azura ***

* Jakob***

* Kaze ***

* Saizo**

* Setsuna **

* Oboro ***

* Subaki *

* Rinkah *

* Kaden *

* Laslow **

* Beruka **

* Niles ***

* Effie *

* Charlotte **

* Keaton *

Edited by Corbin

Under the assumption of 25 characters based on the cards. Asterisked characters are predictions. 

1. Rowan

2. Lianna

3. Chrom

4. Robin

5. Lucina

6. Fredrick

7. Lissa

8. Cordelia

9. Tharja*

10. Corrin

11. Azura*

12. Ryoma

13. Xander

14. Camilia

15. Hinoka

16. Takumi

17. Leo

18. Sakura

19. Elise

20. Marth

21. Caeda*

22. Tiki*

23. Jaegen*

24. Draug*

25. Anna*

If it's 28

26. Another Shadow Dragon Character (Minerva or Merric)*

27. Another Fates Character (Kaze, Niles, Felicia, or Oboro)*

28. Another 13/14 character (One of those/ Gaius, Virion, Panne or Olivia)*

Assuming that Villians will be in an update and DLC will bring Echoes, 7, POR/RD, and more 13/14 characters.

Edited by Energonkid
fixed predictions

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my personal prediction for the last 10 characters (assuming we literally knew 20% of the roster after E3):

Azura  (Lance)

Tharja  (Tome)

Virion  (Bow)

Merric (Tome)

Draug (Lance)

Cain (Lance)

Abel (Lance)

RD!Ike  (Sword)

Alm (Sword)

Hector (Axe) or Roy (Sword)

"all hail fates" "no roy" "no ike"

Nice tags. Totally not made to tick others off.

Anyway, as for my predictions:

Main roster:

Rowan

Lianna

Marth

Caeda

Navarre

Tiki (young, with her adult self as an alt)

Draug

Celica

Lyn

Chrom

Robin

Lucina

Lissa

Frederick

Cordelia

Corrin

Ryoma

Takumi

Hinoka

Sakura

Xander

Leo

Elise

Camilla

DLC:

Alm (yes, I think they may be taking that approach, I think I heard somewhere that the main dev likes Celica)

Gray

Mae

Seliph

Leif

Roy (yes Roy)

Eliwood

Hector

Ike (yes Ike)

Soren

Micaiah

I'm not too familiar with Warriors DLC, so this was sort of a blind shot. All I know is that LoZ had game packs, so I think this game may do the same. Throwing out a gutsy guess that the Renais twins and Azura don't become playable. I know, SS would be skipped...but my gut seems to be guessing this. Also stopped caring for weapon balance.

18 hours ago, TheSS said:

I'm thinking that the actual roster is going to be huge, but with a ton of clones. I'm hoping for 50+ characters, personally.

Prepare to be disappointed, then.

Most first-iteration Warriors games are only have 12 characters. We're lucky that we have as many characters as we do in this game now.

Most likely, we're gonna get 35 characters, not counting the gender swaps.

8 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Most first-iteration Warriors games are only have 12 characters. We're lucky that we have as many characters as we do in this game now.

I am guessing about the same, think my final estimate roster was 35 not including DLC. I think tops we get before DLC is 40, and even that is pushing it. Only way I can see the roster going above 50 is through DLC.

Then again everyone was pretty adamant about a 25 character roster only a week ago, but I am not getting any hopes up.

Edited by Tolvir

14 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Well, I think the limit is more on the number of unique movesets that can be made. Out of the 25 we've seen, there's a ton of clones as is. Takumi/Sakura, Chrom/Lucina, the twins, both robins and both corrins, cordelia/hinoka...

Perhaps 50 was a bit of a reach, but making more clones shouldn't really be all too hard. You need to design the assets, but very little new gameplay needs testing. It's not unreasonable for them to add a ton of clones. And FE is a franchise in part about having a ton of characters, so I think it would make sense in this one, even if it seems pointless in other games.

I think the last characters for the base game will be Tharja, Azura, Caeda, SD Tiki, Navarre, Draug, Minerva, Anna, Celica, and PoR Ike.

This would make for a roster of 31 if I remembered all the playable characters.

Edited by Deva Ashera

23 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I think the last characters for the base game will be Tharja, Azura, Caeda, SD Tiki, Navarre, Draug, Minerva, Anna, Celica, and PoR Ike.

This would make for a roster of 31 if I remembered all the playable characters.

Sounds about right to me. Add in a few more villains to hit 35 and I think that would be a good roster. Probably Camus, Gharnef, and Garon. I would personally replace Validar with Walhart, but Validar is the larger bad guy of the two, dealing with the ending directly unlike Walhart.

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Sounds about right to me. Add in a few more villains to hit 35 and I think that would be a good roster. Probably Camus, Gharnef, and Garon. I would personally replace Validar with Walhart, but Validar is the larger bad guy of the two, dealing with the ending directly unlike Walhart.

Honestly, I think we may not have any playable villains since Koei originally only planned on including Ganondorf with Zant and Ghirahim as last minute additions that were originally NPC villains and then Cia, Volga, and Wizzro as an after release update purely out of demand to play as them all. I don't think Fire Emblem has many villains anyone is requesting to be playable for any reason other then being villains.

We've also seen Validar and his 'reveal' made me believe that he won't be playable due to having no fanfare and not being included in any trailers.

We'll see how it ends up but my gut tells me that there won't be playable villains in the base game.

Edited by Deva Ashera