7 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Honestly, I think we may not have any playable villains since Koei originally only planned on including Ganondorf with Zant and Ghirahim as last minute additions and then Cia, Volga, and Wizzro as an after release update purely out of demand to play as them all. I don't think Fire Emblem has many villains anyone is requesting to be playable for any reason other then being villains.

We've also seen Validar and his 'reveal' made me believe that he won't be playable due to having no fanfare and not being included in any trailers.

We'll see how it ends up but my gut tells me that there won't be playable villains in the base game.

Well, Hyrule got theirs through free DLC which I can see happening. I can see a few villains from these 3 main games though. I really cant see them going without Camus, whether he gets in the base game or through free DLC like Hyrule. Garon wouldnt be a bad choice, I dont think anyone would complain about another infantry axe user. Similar situation with Hans. Walhart wouldnt be a bad choice either. Hardin, even though he is Mystery of the Emblem, is another good choice. There are some good choices from these 3.

Now if this was the series as a whole, I would say the chances of villains on the base roster are even higher. Between characters like the Black Knight, Valter, Arvis, etc. Lot of villains across the series that people would love to play as.

Again though, they might do similar to what Hyrule did, which was throw out the villains as free DLC in a later update. Its not like it would be that difficult, they have to have some type of moveset already if they are being implemented into the game as enemies.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Well, Hyrule got theirs through free DLC which I can see happening. I can see a few villains from these 3 main games though. I really cant see them going without Camus, whether he gets in the base game or through free DLC like Hyrule. Garon wouldnt be a bad choice, I dont think anyone would complain about another infantry axe user. Similar situation with Hans. Walhart wouldnt be a bad choice either. Hardin, even though he is Mystery of the Emblem, is another good choice. There are some good choices from these 3.

Now if this was the series as a whole, I would say the chances of villains on the base roster are even higher. Between characters like the Black Knight, Valter, Arvis, etc. Lot of villains across the series that people would love to play as.

Again though, they might do similar to what Hyrule did, which was throw out the villains as free DLC in a later update. Its not like it would be that difficult, they have to have some type of moveset already if they are being implemented into the game as enemies.

Yeah, I kinda expect villains by the end of DLC, especially the Black Knight due to his popularity and presence, but I think villains were a weak point of Awakening and Fates..and I haven't played enough Shadow Dragon since I couldn't get past the claymation looking sprites..so I don't know there.

I will say, from a moveset perspective, Garon could be cool if he mixes in elements of his boss fights, like a stretchy slime arm swinging the axe.

20 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah, I kinda expect villains by the end of DLC, especially the Black Knight due to his popularity and presence, but I think villains were a weak point of Awakening and Fates..and I haven't played enough Shadow Dragon since I couldn't get past the claymation looking sprites..so I don't know there.

I will say, from a moveset perspective, Garon could be cool if he mixes in elements of his boss fights, like a stretchy slime arm swinging the axe.

I would love to see the Black Knight, easily one of my favorite FE villains. Agreed though, Awakening and Fates was definitely lacking in the villains department, and outside of Garon I really am not big into really wanting to play any of them. Even Gangrel. While he was one of the higher points in terms of villains in the past few games, he isnt exactly great material for a playable character.

Garon is really the only one I can see that could have a great moveset. Maybe Walhart as well, since he has both a unique class and PRF weapon. SD has the much better villain selection between Gharnef, Hardin, and Camus.