Namarid

Rowan or Lianna  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which twin do you like more?

• Rowan
    • Lianna
    • Neither

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Hopefully we at least won't get some baseless "twincest" rumors like we did with those two, eh?

Baseless means with no basis in evidence. Which means one needn't have anything to make a baseless assertion. And thus it is inevitable someone will say twincest, what we don't know is whether it'll catch on like with the Renais twins.

And on the note of baseless rumors. I hereby declare that Fateslandia is located on the Moon, and that the Deeprealms are in fact portals to the Earth (which in this world rotates at a much slower speed than the Moon- thus via the General Theory of Relativity results in time moving faster there), and that the Astral Dragons run space colonies. Anankos is a scientist who sacrificed himself and became a "dragon" to save the people of the Moon from a post-apocalyptic world.

Being more serious, Rowan I guess is better to me. Lianna looks not very pretty and will likely be less entertaining. I'd rather have a watered down Sun Ce/Sima Zhao than a watered down Sun Shangxiang/Wang Yuanji. But they both have bad color schemes and appear to be pretty generic. Here is hoping I can recolor them- but honestly I'm not sure what I'd change their appearances to.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

There is no greater curse than to be an oc in a fire emblem spinoff. 

You are instantly overshadowed by literally everyone else. 

Like everyone will be, like "Barst was better" when the dust settles.

@Ertrick36 Twinsest is winsest.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

This is coming from someone who loved Lana in HW and liked the 2 protagonists in DQH, I really don't like the OC Twins. The two have boring way too similar designs compared to the contrasting DQ OCs with the Fire and Ice motif. Especially now thst we have more blonde characters in the roster like Lissa, Leo and Corrin, they're bright yellow hair pops out in a way to jarring. Not to mention the rejection IS had of making the two at least have the other parts of the Weapon triangle. Instead we get clone beginner sword users.

This is coming off rather negative, as I'm reading this. I don't despise them, but rather feel let down by them not having any uniqueness or variety besides the hair. Luckily they won't affect my purchase, hopefully I won't be forced to play as them often. Link was understandable for HW for being the main protagonist of all the series being one of the only playable characters we had until that point. 'It helped he was top tier as well'...

And DQ heroes had the party management thing despite requiring one of the protags to stay with the team. It helped that they at least had quirky personality. Which so far Rowan and Lianna lack. But hey I may be wrong, and I'll enjoy them when the game arrives.

4 minutes ago, Ragnell17 said:

This is coming from someone who loved Lana in HW and liked the 2 protagonists in DQH, I really don't like the OC Twins. The two have boring way too similar designs compared to the contrasting DQ OCs with the Fire and Ice motif. Especially now thst we have more blonde characters in the roster like Lissa, Leo and Corrin, they're bright yellow hair pops out in a way to jarring. Not to mention the rejection IS had of making the two at least have the other parts of the Weapon triangle. Instead we get clone beginner sword users.

This is coming off rather negative, as I'm reading this. I don't despise them, but rather feel let down by them not having any uniqueness or variety besides the hair. Luckily they won't affect my purchase, hopefully I won't be forced to play as them often. Link was understandable for HW for being the main protagonist of all the series being one of the only playable characters we had until that point. 'It helped he was top tier as well'...

And DQ heroes had the party management thing despite requiring one of the protags to stay with the team. It helped that they at least had quirky personality. Which so far Rowan and Lianna lack. But hey I may be wrong, and I'll enjoy them when the game arrives.

This captures my thoughts rather well.

As of now, they feel like Dollar Store versions of Eirika and Ephraim.

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

fwiw, it seems to be the same basic system as in DQ Heroes, and you couldn't ditch whoever you chose of Luceus/Aurora and Lazarel/Teresa.

As for the question... I guess Lianna, solely because Rowan's hair looks stupid.  This is liable to change once we know more about the two of them as characters and actually see them in action, but for now, my choice is based on their hairstyles.

I can still ditch them by immediately switching to another character (probably Chrom since it seems like he's up first).

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't know, Sharena did okay. Not great, but decent.

25 minutes ago, Ragnell17 said:

Especially now thst we have more blonde characters in the roster like Lissa, Leo and Corrin, they're bright yellow hair pops out in a way to jarring.

What's your problem with blondes? At least it isn't another blue haired sword user. Got one but didn't miss the other one.

Also, corrin isn't blonde, it's the same color as robin.

Fire emblem needs more blondes.

Rowan seems better to play from what we've seen so I'll roll with him.

Making such harsh judgements before the game even comes out even though they're probably going to be right on the money isn't exactly something I'm too fond of, so I won't bother talking about their characters when that isn't really a factor towards how enjoyable they are to play.

Really hoping the story is at least long enough to where they'll end up growing on me, because as of right now I guess I'd rather play as Camilla and break faces with a Wyvern than them.

10 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

What's your problem with blondes? At least it isn't another blue haired sword user. Got one but didn't miss the other one.

It's not being blonde, but more of the fact, that the twins have super saiyan yellow hair compared to the others not as saturated blonde. They stand out in an unappealing way to me. That's all.

3 minutes ago, Ragnell17 said:

It's not being blonde, but more of the fact, that the twins have super saiyan yellow hair compared to the others not as saturated blonde. They stand out in an unappealing way to me. That's all.

I hadn't really paid attention, but yeah, their hair is very yellow compared others like Lissa and Xander. Plus, looking at what's his face's sprite, it does kind of remind me of Super Sonic.

I like Lianna more for what it's worth. Both are kinda generic, but eh, such is the fate of an OC in a game like this. I'm not here for the newcomers, I'm here for my favorite Lobster. It's not like I'm opposed to them per se, it's just they'll probably get overshadowed by the vast majority of the cast for me personally.

Unpopular opinion: I like both. Really unpopular opinion: I like Rowan more than Lianna.

Why? Because they look out of place in comparison to their cast mates. Particularly Rowan.

I have a fondness for character designs and art styles that are "odd" or "ugly" to what I can only assume is the average person. 

Easily Lianna. If not for her gameplay (I've always had a thing for speedy offensive characters), then for the fact that she's the first sister of the recurring "twin lords" theme that is the heir to her kingdom's throne, which is refreshing, and she has more potential to be an interesting character compared to her brother.

15 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Rowan because it's canon for the men in this series to overshadow the women in all respects. Also because neither seem particularly appealing.

The hell do you have against Kamui? He's just in it for the money.

Wrong Kamui. Kamui aka Corn is the terrible Self insert MU of 14. 

On 8/23/2017 at 6:43 PM, thecrimsonflash said:

Christ, that quote is a bit too accurate for it's own good

On 8/23/2017 at 8:00 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

This captures my thoughts rather well.

As of now, they feel like Dollar Store versions of Eirika and Ephraim.

& then we have this quote. Jeez, I can't tell which one is better than the other.

Anywho, can anyone tell me why they use OC's instead of Alphonse & Sharena? Or nearly any other twin siblings?

14 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Anywho, can anyone tell me why they use OC's instead of Alphonse & Sharena? Or nearly any other twin siblings?

The development of FEW did not interact with FEH in any way they were just as surprised when their OCs looked like alphonse and shareena and then scrambled to redesign. By the time such an idea could have been feasible it would have been too late.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

The development of FEW did not interact with FEH in any way they were just as surprised when their OCs looked like alphonse and shareena and then scrambled to redesign. By the time such an idea could have been feasible it would have been too late.

Would've been a nice way for the games to interact but whatever.

50 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Would've been a nice way for the games to interact but whatever.

Sadly it seems neither team even knew what the other was doing. Though on that topic I wouldn't actually mind seeing some of the Heroes OCs in Warriors eventually. Especially Bruno since he has that ice tome which seems like it could make a cool moveset in my opinion

3 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

Sadly it seems neither team even knew what the other was doing. Though on that topic I wouldn't actually mind seeing some of the Heroes OCs in Warriors eventually. Especially Bruno since he has that ice tome which seems like it could make a cool moveset in my opinion

Actually it would seem whoever is developing Heroes is doing an excellent job so far. I mean usually hate mobile games I can't stop playing it.

I voted Lianna. Though trust me, neither was very close, the twins designs actually hurt my eyes somewhat during cutscenes, they could have probably made their hair blue, red, or even black and it would have turned out better I think. Of the two Lianna's VA hurts me the most and based off what gameplay I've seen of her, I'd probably take her as my main lord (though I will most definitely use F! Corrin, Chrom, Marth, or Cordelia instead of her)

I am pretty neutral to both of them, but considering the massive Lianna bias I went with Rowan. That, and strong crowd-clearers tend to be far better in Musou games than faster, more limited characters.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:24 PM, thecrimsonflash said:

I just wanna jump in here to say that Corrin's hair is indeed a very pale blonde (though a more apt descriptor might be "off-white cream"). Not the same as Robin's pure-white hair.

Anyway, twins. I liked Hyrule Warriors' OCs, but these two just don't really appeal to me much. Their personalities have both fallen flat for me so far, so that only really leaves their design to rank them based on. Rowan looks like a dumbass, so I voted for Lianne.

Edited by Anomalocaris