Official Site Updated with the New Characters; Renders and Screenshots

The DanMan

Just now, Arthur97 said:

It doesn't really have to even be a US developer. Hyrule Warriors did well even on the Wii U. Marketing has it's part, but the theme of the standard series probably just doesn't have as much appeal for Western audiences. Though...not sure how a Western themed one would go...defeating armies as George Washington.

The Napoleonic wars with a steampunk twist. I've actually put a bit of thought towards that (though I have virtually no knowledge of the Napoleonic Wars-- it would have the broadest appeal and be the least controversial choice).

Just now, The DanMan said:

The Napoleonic wars with a steampunk twist. I've actually put a bit of thought towards that (though I have virtually no knowledge of the Napoleonic Wars-- it would have the broadest appeal and be the least controversial choice).

It would probably at least peak my interest.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It doesn't really have to even be a US developer. Hyrule Warriors did well even on the Wii U. Marketing has it's part, but the theme of the standard series probably just doesn't have as much appeal for Western audiences. Though...not sure how a Western themed one would go...defeating armies as George Washington.

My comment was more about just using something that is popular here. Zelda is insanely popular here, just from nostalgia alone. But something like One Piece? Not so much. 

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

My comment was more about just using something that is popular here. Zelda is insanely popular here, just from nostalgia alone. But something like One Piece? Not so much. 

Well, they tossed around Mario, but I just don't see that working. 

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Actually, Koei made a game about the Hundred Years’ War, named Bladestorm, with Jeanne d'Arc for example, but I think the gameplay wasn't very "warriors-like".

The only Warriors game I've ever played is Hyrule Warriors and I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't my first exposure to it. That actually came from Pokemon Conquest, as it used characters from Samurai Warriors 3, which I've been trying to get a copy of to no avail. My point is, in the UK at least, Warriors games are pretty hard to come across. Most of the time, I never see them in store like in GAME, or even in the pre-owned section. And online, they always seem to be US copies, which is no good to me because, hey, I live in Britain.

On topic of new characters for Fire Emblem Warriors, any chance Famitsu will reveal anymore this month? Because I'm too hyped to wait until next month, it feels like Christmas.

3 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

Dreamland Warriors is the only other Nintendo collab I can think off with them going straight to Smash 

I considered this, but it kind of falls flat when you realize how few characters there are to work with.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I considered this, but it kind of falls flat when you realize how few characters there are to work with.

It'd be an excuse to bring back old fan favorites like Gooey, Ribbon, Adeleine, the Animal Friends, Galacta Knight, Marx, Knuckle Joe, Lololo & Lalala...

Anyway, has anyone translated the other updates on the site?

12 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah, Mario Warriors sounds like a terrible idea. 

I don't think so. Mario is one of the few series that can work with any genre..and it certainly has enough diverse characters to make fun movesets for..as well as diverse mooks like Goombas, Koopas, Hammer Bros, Boos, Shyguys (particularly if using some Yoshi series variants), then even some from Wario & Donkey Kong. For villains, they could fight Toads, Yoshis, Bob-omb Buddies, and other good guy mooks.

Throw in characters from Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and maybe get permission from Square-Enix for Super Mario RPG, as well as spin off series characters from Donkey Kong, Wario Land, and WarioWare (Ashley in particular) and they may well have a hit on their hands.

The only possible thing hindering it would honestly be Miyamoto and his 'main series only' demand that he's placed on all spin-offs except Mario & Luigi (he's what neutered the Paper Mario series)

Edited by Deva Ashera

I was looking at the larger versions of the renders on the official site, and I noticed that Leo's uses actual German text for the magic around his hand:

Brünhild dominiert die Erde und die Schwerkraft und das Leben
Brynhildr dominates (the) earth, gravity, and life

Nothing too important or surprising, but it is a nice little detail! 

On 8/24/2017 at 5:41 PM, Tolvir said:

Pfft, One Piece not popular that's a riot.

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Pfft, One Piece not popular that's a riot.

Sure its popular, but its not like Zelda popular. Its there in the anime community, and a bit outside it in the more casual parts of the community, but extend outside of it and most wont know. With Zelda though, you show people a picture of Link at the very least, and people know what that is. Unfortunately there is a good bit of people who dont know his actual name, but regardless he is probably one of the most recognizable video game characters alongside Mario.

Edited by Tolvir

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Sure its popular, but its not like Zelda popular. Its there in the anime community, and a bit outside it in the more casual parts of the community, but extend outside of it and most wont know. With Zelda though, you show people a picture of Link at the very least, and people know what that is. Unfortunately there is a good bit of people who dont know his actual name, but regardless he is probably one of the most recognizable video game characters alongside Mario.

That's in comparison, you might as well say something like Cowboy Bebop isn't as popular as Zelda & you'll get the same result. The last thing I wanna hear about One Piece is that it's this under rated gem the community is falsely accusing of. You aren't call the Big 3 if you're obscure & that something pompous fanbase need to get through their damn skulls already.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

That's in comparison, you might as well say something like Cowboy Bebop isn't as popular as Zelda & you'll get the same result. The last thing I wanna hear about One Piece is that it's this under rated gem the community is falsely accusing of. You aren't call the Big 3 if you're obscure & that something pompous fanbase need to get through their damn skulls already.

I don't think he means that it isn't popular but more along the line of it isn't instantly recognizable to your average joe like something like Zelda or Dragon Ball is. 

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

To grow the Warriors brand in the west they need to partner with a strong western IP like Batman or Star Wars. Anime is way too niche to do the job. 

Isn't EA the only publisher allowed to do Star wars games? I have a feeling they would find the niche warriors games beneath them.

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

To grow the Warriors brand in the west they need to partner with a strong western IP like Batman or Star Wars. Anime is way too niche to do the job. 

I think Blizzard would be a great option for them. Blizz would be happy to expand into a new game genre, and they have a large enough cast from all 4 of their big IPs to fill a Warriors cast.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Isn't EA the only publisher allowed to do Star wars games? I have a feeling they would find the niche warriors games beneath them.

That's true, but if Koei Tecmo wants to grow their brand, they need to sit down and negotiate. Even sitting down with Warner Bros and discussing Harry Potter or Justice League Warriors would be step in the right direction. 

3 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

I don't think he means that it isn't popular but more along the line of it isn't instantly recognizable to your average joe like something like Zelda or Dragon Ball is. 

I can't but feel we're getting off topic here since we're talking about popularity, recognition, & business plan.

I'm finally back at my PC so I could see the renders in full resolution and my, they look good.

I like the way they touched up the models to match as closely to their offical artwork, like Leo's hairstrands, Camilla's diaphaneous cloth fluttering in the wind, etc.
Not to mention that seeing Camilla and Hinoka with their personal weapons is really cool and beats them having generic weapons.
(At least I think Hinoka has her personal naginata? I never got one in Fates so I don't remember what it looks like)

But when I looked at Leo's render I noticed something interesting, the magical glyphs in the render are new - they don't match those in his offical art and the ones found in Fates the romanian gibberish sentence.

While that's not excitig in itself, it got rather more interesting once I noticed that some of these new glyphs could be deciphered to form a word.
So, I looked closer a them and lo and behold, it wasn't just a word, it was an entire sentence in German that reads as follows:

"Brünhild dominiert die Erde und die Schwerkraft und das Leben" (This sentence loops twice in each circle of glyphs)

Which my rusty German translates to:

"Brynhildr dominates* the Earth, Gravity, and Life**."

(If I got the translation wrong, feel free to point it out, since as stated, my German is rusty)

*/This can be translated as "controls" and "rules" as well, but "dominates" had the most fitting gravitas for describing a Divine Weapon imo.
**/This word was hard to make out as the first and last glyph were difficult to discern - they weren't repeats of any previous letters though, and the two "e"s were easy, plus "Leben" (Life) is the most fitting word for the sentence considering Brynhildr being descibed like this.

At any rate, I thought it was a very neat touch of them to add, and I'm honestly very curious if there are more of these kinds of Easter Eggs to find in this game.
I know I'll have plenty fun looking for them at least.