Dragon Emblem?

CWGameplay

So I have a 5 star Ninian (Thanks Hero Fest!), Adult Tiki, Nowi, and Fae.  Do you think it's worth putting together a dragon emblem team?  I think it's a cool idea, but that's different from being actually good when put into practice.

So if anyone's actually made and used a dragon emblem team let me know.  The lack of Hone Dragona hurts, but maybe someday Nils will bring that along.

Like this?

+10 Tiki (Mystery) [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, [HP +3])

Spoiler

asHLLOF.jpg

+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, [Squad Ace A 1])

Spoiler

hpB8Bm8.jpg

+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, [Attack +1])

Spoiler

mGOoOfe.jpg

+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Speed +1)

Spoiler

sgO7LJZ.jpg

I also have Rally Def/Res on all of them except Ninian and Drive Def 2 on all of them except Ninian for Arena scoring purposes as well as some other skills used for PvE content.

The team works fine in the Arena, but has trouble with colorless opponents (and opponents with Cancel Affinity) due to the reliance on Triangle Adept for tanking and damage output. Firesweep weapons also give them trouble because of the reliance on Quick Riposte due to their generally low Spd.

Your best bet below the very top of the Arena (where all you fight are armors) if you want to run a dragon-heavy team is to run 2 or 3 dragons and fill the remaining slots with units that cover for the dragons' weaknesses.

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

@Ice Dragon Is that also your arena defense team?

No, Triangle Adept is a terrible skill to use for Arena defense because it is too easy to take advantage of. Also, I'm lazy, so I would prefer not to have to keep changing the skills back and forth when I need to use those units myself.

My defense team is mono-green flier emblem plus a bonus character.

EDIT: @CWGameplay

Awakening Tiki has one glaring issue that makes her difficult to use in an all-dragon team, that being her Spd and Res are too low to reliably handle Julia.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon

Wow that's beautiful.  I'm just going to tuck away those images to revere forever and pass down to my children as heirlooms.

I'm in Tier 19 right now (But in the upper 35%), but I'm also FTP.  Chances are I won't stay in Tier 20 for too long.

My Adult Tiki is +Res actually (-HP, so it's negated by the +3 HP seal), so that makes it a little less painful to take care of Julia.  QR helps too.

Well it looks like if you put enough effort into it, it'll work out so I'll probably try it.  It won't be my main team but trying new teams is always fun.  Thanks for sharing your team and advice!

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, Triangle Adept is a terrible skill to use for Arena defense because it is too easy to take advantage of. Also, I'm lazy, so I would prefer not to have to keep changing the skills back and forth when I need to use those units myself.

My defense team is mono-green flier emblem plus a bonus character.

EDIT: @CWGameplay

Awakening Tiki has one glaring issue that makes her difficult to use in an all-dragon team, that being her Spd and Res are too low to reliably handle Julia.

My tiki never had any issues with julia, but that may not be optimal I don't know. her spd is acceptable and she doesn't have as many issues with doubling slower units.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

34 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

My tiki never had any issues with julia, but that may not be optimal I don't know. her spd is acceptable and she doesn't have as many issues with doubling slower units.

What exactly are you double attacking with 23 neutral base Spd?

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What exactly are you double attacking with 23 neutral base Spd?

My Tiki (Mystery) has 30 speed at base, again, I don't know if mine is optimal(probably not), but she is not too bad when speed is a thing. My bridelia with a brave bow, has the same speed.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

My Tiki (Mystery) has 30 speed at base, again, I don't know if mine is optimal(probably not), but she is not too bad when speed is a thing. My bridelia with a brave bow, has the same speed.

Ahem.