Valkyria Chronicles: Gallian Crossfire mod - Temporary Ceasefire

Ertrick36

Not judging or anything buuuut... Is the Galian military pretty much abusing child soldiers? Some of the recruits are underage...

That... is actually quite the team, lmao. It is like Welking got drunk the night before the recruitment and started pointing his finger at random.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Tuvy said:

What are you playing this on?

(Also if you can use Emile that would be great)

Playing the game on the PC; I have it on Steam.  I don't think you can mod the PS3 version.

I'll see about including him.

2 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Not judging or anything buuuut... Is the Galian military pretty much abusing child soldiers? Some of the recruits are underage...

That... is actually quite the team, lmao. It is like Welking got drunk the night before the recruitment and started pointing his finger at random.

Yeah, the youngest recruits you get are, like, fifteen years old.  If it's any solace, most of them volunteered.  Though that isn't particularly a good thing, especially with Homer the masochistic teenage boy.

That's not far off from how I picked a few of them.  I just was trying to pick some characters I didn't really care as much about.  Some of them are already on the copping block; I still need to complete Team Darcsen (though there's just one more unit in that regard), and there are a couple other characters I have in mind for my team.

Though rest assured, none of the requested characters people have requested at this point will be cut.

Edited by Ertrick36

So due to some issues, this has been delayed longer than I intended.  Keep in mind that these gameplay segments take longer to do because of the volume of screenies I have to take in order to show what's going on.  Though I'll try to wean away from using screenshots to show every action because eventually I'd just have to show one turn per post due to the amount of CPs both myself and the enemy units obtain, which would make this LP really slow and tedious.

Chapter 3-2: A Florist, a Simpson, and a Head Like a Fucking Orange Walk Into a Highly Volatile City... (Gameplay)

Spoiler

So I think I'll show shootouts in gifs to cut down on the number of pictures I have to take.  Though these gifs will be smaller than the standard pictures and have low frame rates (like around the 20-30 FPS range), and I don't think there's anything I can do to change that.  Unless there's a better place to convert videos to gifs than giphy.

jkbESLc.png

First, we now have Skirmishes.  As the name would imply, they're small battles outside of the story that you can take on to grind.  However, grinding in this game with the mod installed is kind of pointless because you get about enough money to get everything available to you after each mission, and you really can't get enough experience to reliably grind to a very high level unless you do some DLC skirmishes... and with the mod installed, those offer very little rewards.

Though you still get the OP as hell Ruhm from beating the Empire DLC campaign.

All skirmish maps are based in the various maps you fight in throughout the main story.  For example, the very first chapter's map is now available to us, and after this chapter, the map we'll fight in here will be available.  Naturally, the enemies progress in difficulty the further along the skirmish map comes.

Anyway...

DJ3zMKJ.pngHYBInUK.pngB2IkxK4.png

So we'll essentially strike them with a very lopsided pincer.

WvHckXg.png

Ah yes.  Now that we're actually in an army, we'll have a bunch of units to assign to different posts.

zE4GvDv.png

Conditions.

The red ones are new, but they'll be a regular occurrence.  It's actually kind of difficult to get all of your ally soldiers and reserves killed in a single map.  You'd have to either be terrible at the game or be deliberately killing them off... even with the mod installed.  Heck, it's even difficult to get one soldier killed unless they're way far away from the rest of the platoon... and I'll explain why later.

Rest assured, the most common actual defeats happen either when Welkin's tank is destroyed or the enemy takes our base camp.  And a lot of objectives will boil down to capturing the enemy flag, but that doesn't mean you won't face a variety of tactical challenges in this game, especially with the mod installed.

40jXX6r.png

Also, for this mission we have to deploy Alicia, Rosie, and Largo.  I don't remember if this is the case for every mission...  But if it is, then I'll just have them retreat except for when I have to use them.  Though for this mission...  I'll use them because honestly, doing so here doesn't really impact anything.  And 'cuz I like them enough that I think they deserve to showcase their skills at least a few times.

vkaXx7l.png

So for this mission, I've deployed: Karl, Edy, Jane, Jann, and Homer...

Karl is on the riverside team, everyone else is Escaping from the City.

Though they aren't rolling around at the speed of sound.

EcqmeKY.png

We'll give you so much good news, you'll get tired of good news.  And that fat loser Damon will, too.

D2sGKgY.png

We'll be getting these opening scenes of Welkin barking out the objectives every mission.  Does it not get you pumped for the mission?

c9FRfQ1.png

Right... this has been said, like, five times.

AbkmwMk.png

So here's our main shocktrooper.  Allow me to formally introduce Corporal Brigitte "Rosie" Stark.  Most just call her Rosie.

I won't give a profile or assessment of her.  But rest assured, we'll see her plenty.  I will say that she's quite the bad ass and has probably the best character arc in the game.  She's also a singer, and yes, she does sing a song at some point.  Same with Edy, but... well, it's god awful.

zE9WOXx.png

And our main lancer bro, Sergeant Largo Potter.

Hairy Potter here will also feature frequently in the story.  He's basically the big daddy of the platoon, a veteran from the first Europan War, and a close friend of the Captain's.

tHn1XJA.png

Situation Room.  All that talk about there being tanks deeper in the city?  Fake news!

So like was said, the city team will be defending while the riverside team will make a run for their eastern front.  Eventually, the defense team will have thinned the enemy's attacking forces enough that they can assist with the attack when the riverside team finally makes it to the city.

So let's get started.

bUgxzen.pngCcbpyFp.png

Just gonna have the Edelweiss go first, crushing the enemy's sandbag barriers, and...

M0RjWTH.png

...  How???

So right, the enemies in this mod all have weapons that apply status effects.  Normally, they'd be shooting at your infantry units, but... I guess if they shoot your tank's radiator, that somehow still weakens it?  I guess if they were using hollowpoint rounds that were strong enough to mend steel, but...

Nah, it still makes absolutely no goddamn sense.  Moving on!

giphy.webp

I don't remember everything about this game, but I do remember there being a dude hiding out in the grass here!

Now that Welks is done, let's move Rosie.

4NMFYE1.png

I'll have her dive in the grass and sneak attack those losers!

Bjo58f5.png

Or... not.  Rosie, you should've dyed your hair green, dammit!  And don't forget the goddamn facepaint!

cKx23Xg.png

So those familiar with the original game ought to be stunned by how much more accurate shocktroopers are now with the mod installed.  For those unfamiliar, this was normally, like, five times larger a reticule.  Seriously, their aiming was all over the place.  A shot like this shouldn't even be considered with a shocktrooper unless either they had Ruhm/royal weaponry or they were an elite (as in, they leveled enough).

Anyway...

giphy.webpgiphy.webp

She cuts through him like butter.

Also would like to show every new victory animation I come across at least once.

Anyway, Rosie's not in the best situation, so I'll have some of her friends here help with that.

91DE7Lz.pngmPsP7sz.png

I'll have Alicia sneak up on the enemy to the left...

giphy.webpgiphy.gif

Didn't expect that to go so well, honestly.  Though why did he die in the shape of a crucifix?  Did I just do something blasphemous?

kUyFhsr.png

Had her go a little bit further just so that she could cover more ground.  There's one more fella who can be moved on this side.

3TPDuJK.png

I'm gonna have Karl Pilkington confuse this dude with some cuckoolander nonsense like the roundy-headed twat he is.

giphy.webpgiphy.gif

Nice job!  He must've hit him with the one about how we oughta get rid of snails.

Anyway, we're not quite done with this Manc.

RQX20NX.png

Gonna have him repair the sandbags over by the tank there.

iuUaQmg.pngEAEgJ7k.png

Yes, this was done in the same turn that he shot the one dude in.  Engineers can repair as many fortifications or disarm as many mines as you want them to in any given turn regardless of what other actions they take.  However, repairing tanks is considered the same as healing allies or shooting in this regard.  Also, you can resupply allies, including tanks, just by running up next to them.

Anyway, now let's move onto the city team.

z2uSBQP.png

I'll let Edy take the stage and shoot this guy.

vCjQvCf.png

Um...  Well, at least she has a different potential activated as well.

giphy.webp

Fuck.

I hate assholes who dodge in this game.

P2uPuTy.pnglH1c6aJ.png

No one represents my rage right now better than the florist, so I'm gonna let her kill the shit out of this guy.

C8HSo6U.png

Don't dodge this time, you mother fucker!

giphy.webpgiphy.webp

Sweet... sweet... murder...

nqRhoWd.png

Then I'll... uh, get her stuck here.

DYo8yaj.png

Time for a marathon of the Simpons, kids!  This season, Homer wrestles with some deep-seated masochistic thoughts as he joins the war effort.  Though of course, there are hijinks with Bartman and Lisa Simp... oh, wait.

iUjEDG9.png

Just hurt him a lil' bit.

VgwkAKA.png

And...

aFGNihO.png

Move Jane to a more tactically advantageous spot.

Enemy turn; what will they do?

WTLUYYu.pngq99TPSq.png

Two scouts try to attack the Simpsons, but Homer responds in kind.  One of them tries to take Edy's life, but Homer's a dedicated member of the Edy Detachment and would never let harm come to her.  Not really, actually...

giphy.gif

This loser tries to kill Raging Raven, but she's having none of that.

Dr7jzPW.png

Then this nimrod tries to run right in front of a tank...

4HWWRjO.png

Doesn't really work out well for him.

LIeHQD8.png

Homer winds up killing the other scout who somehow thought he could escape, and he winds up dying in the exact same pose as the other guy.  Why are they all dying like crosses?  I don't understand!

So the enemy, with whatever remaining dignity they had left, ended their turn.  You know what I'm gonna do?

xxfQMJt.png

Yeah.  I'm gonna move this bitch up!

So there's a tank near the base camp that I'm gonna try to attack.

giphy.gif

K2ZYCLF.png

This won't end well.

GVUnQOW.png

Gonna try to get this Swiffer into the city and make all the enemies escape from it.

dA0Ax8w.png

Of course...

U1qaLlp.png

I'll have Alicia go to the roof (accessible via a ladder in the ally) and scout out the whole city.

*Moments later*

WqTRwqF.png

So...  I can't quite kill this guy with this gun.  And if she tries to attack him from anywhere on the roof, he'll shoot back...

Hmm...

T9YBivy.png

Fuck it, let's throw a grenade.

giphy.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now... let's take a peak down there, shall we?

pbw60pg.png

Image result for zelda cdi what are all those heads

What are all those heads?

These... are the faces...

n4kNDlR.png

of OH-FUCK-THE-SHOCKTROOPER'S-SHOOTING-AT-US!

62LZQGi.png

Run away!  Run away!

*Meanwhile*

VGCuKqj.png

Karl Sagan decided to heal Rosie O'Donnel.

Next, Rosemary joins Alicia Ashcroft on the roof.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

And shoots this dingus.

Units get two different victory animations depending on whether they're standing or crouching.

Lp9bZoP.png

Gonna have her watch over the enemies here.  The dark cloud is her receiving a negative status effect from an enemy, btw.

PQZtP6f.png

Edy will be over here...

sjvNKDN.png

Homer heals Marge so that she doesn't get killed by... certain enemies.

RxYA3CD.png

Homer might seem... a bit out there at the moment, but this is a tactical move on my part.  Trust me.

So now I'll end my turn...  What will the enemy do now with only four CPs?  Well...

giphy.webp

"Damage minimal!" Welkin says as this fucker takes half of his health.

If this guy goes again, Welkin's done for.  And that means game over.  So I'm gonna have to pray to... uh, the great Valkyrur of legend (?) that this guy doesn't go again, and if he indeed doesn't, hope that I can get an anti-tank unit to take this thing out before Welks has another shootout with this.  Screw using the engineer for their intended purposes.

Now... the good news is that this guy actually doesn't go again...  The bad news?

Iy3H6qh.png9kt9e9C.png

This other tank's come to reap the souls of the damned!

What's he gonna do?  How am I gonna deal with both this guy and the other guy?  Well...

t5SYmnl.png

You'll have to wait to see.

Mostly because I'm really pushing it as far as the number of screenies is concerned as well as meeting acceptable deadlines, and I figured this would be an excellent cliffhanger.

No idea how it is with the mod but in the vanilla, the very first skirmish is SUPER efficient for quite some time. I think you can beat it in like.. one or two turns with Alicia running through the whole field and knocking down the guard at the enemy camp. Easy 4k EXP in like two minutes I think.
EDIT: I checked and kinda. The first skirmish can be done in like two minutes for VERY quick 2k EXP. This mission unlocks it as a skirmish with similar results for 5k. Yeah, it was broken.

Wait what. Were the tanks THAT strong in the vanilla as well?? I doubt it. Not in the first mission, dammit. Plus Edelweiss was always sturdy as all heck even later. I really only lost it when I parked it in a way that exposed its radiator. Ya, I know you said this mod makes it tougher but... wow. If they have a lancer near that position... yeah. I think one is pretty close but then Edelweiss would mangle him.

Edited by MadJak91

30 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

No idea how it is with the mod but in the vanilla, the very first skirmish is SUPER efficient for quite some time. I think you can beat it in like.. one or two turns with Alicia running through the whole field and knocking down the guard at the enemy camp. Easy 4k EXP in like two minutes I think.

Wait what. Were the tanks THAT strong in the vanilla as well?? I doubt it. Not in the first mission, dammit. Plus Edelweiss was always sturdy as all heck even later. I really only lost it when I parked it in a way that exposed its radiator. Ya, I know you said this mod makes it tougher but... wow. If they have a lancer near that position... yeah. I think one is pretty close but then Edelweiss would mangle him.

- I just remember the first time I played this mod (yes, I've played it before, but haven't beaten it ever), doing the skirmishes hardly helped at all.  In vanilla, I found the skirmish that takes place in the city pretty efficient, though preferences obviously varied.  Though like I said, it's difficult to become OP in the game with the mod, so maybe it's just that the leveling I did didn't really amount to much in comparison to the power of the enemy.

- Enemy tanks would probably take away a quarter or a third of your health; it doesn't help that enemies are somehow able to inflict status effects on the tank.  But I remember that in the mission with the Batomys, the Edelweiss was always getting destroyed with this mod installed, even though I always made sure the radiator was protected.

Spoiler

I think that I also recall that Selvaria can one-shot the Edelweiss even with her anti-infantry rounds.  The game essentially makes it so that you can't actively face a Valkyrur head-on (I mean, you couldn't in the vanilla game either, but now you can't even be shot at by her), and I'm pretty confident I won't be able to cheese the mission near the end where you actually have to fight her in Ghirlandio.

Also, like I said, there are no lancers this mission.  They start showing up either the next mission or the one after.  There is an engineer, but he's effectively useless because I often shoot to kill and the enemy is actually having a rough time saving CPs due to me killing all their officers.

Edited by Ertrick36

So let's resolve this cliffhanger and actually get into the city.

Chapter 3-3: Edy and Karl Get to be Heroes (Gameplay)

Spoiler

HESWxBm.png

Largo will run you up to speed.  A tank's busted through the wall!

saIHkeI.png

Actually, it isn't your turn right now; the tank hasn't ended its turn yet.

s3GWQ13.png

Do you think I didn't gather that from these scenes?

mmg9ITn.pngwdXasGz.png

Or hell, even this scene?

9kt9e9C.png

Thank you for reminding me, Varrot, but I'm pretty sure that I know they can bust through shit.

giphy.gifqQjk08E.png

Oh...

Wait a minute... did she die just like...

2uNOVQG.jpg

lmao, not quite the same pose, but close enough!

xlGXKIf.png

Right so she isn't actually dead.  Just incapacitated.  You have three options for dealing with this; have one of your units touch them, issue an order (which you obtain later) to rescue them without a soldier, or try to finish the map before they actually die.  They'll die and permanently be lost if either an enemy touches them or three turns pass.  And I mean they actually die.  The only exceptions to this rule are Alicia, Rosie, and Largo during missions where it isn't critical that they survive... though with the mod installed, the game will actually break if you let them die, so... yeah, you just don't let that happen.

Anyway, the tank's come for us, but their CPs are depleted, so now it's our turn...

AtAErSS.png

I can't quite kill this tank properly from the front... at least not without wasting a bunch of CPs.  So I'm gonna have to get someone up behind it.  Maybe I can try to get one of the lancers there?

HMD1enQ.png

Like Jann!  Jann's a great unit.  I'm sure he'll be able to do-

8OnJPlH.png

Oh...

This was caused by my own stupidity.

pRH4K0J.pnggiphy.gif

Largo!  Now it's your turn!

Cp9LaST.png

Though please run away so that you don't die like Jann...

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

"All right!" Largo shouts as he avenges his fallen friend and comrade.  Trust me, if it was just Jane who died, he'd have just sat back here and relaxed, but killing Jann as well was going too far.

C3MOa9u.png

Next I'll just straight up have the Edelweiss destroy this tank.  Ms. Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer needs two souls for her soul reaping quota to be filled each mission.

Though this isn't the best position to try to kill him from if we want to conserve our CPs.

MlNsekJ.png

So we'll move!

giphy.gif

And kill!

quyYZXj.png

And kill some more!

9QfVpl3.png

And have Rosetta Stone watch over these monolingual fools.

Vrl2muv.png

Let's have Edy be a hero today!  Rosie's already been hoggin' all the fun, and Jane... well...

qQjk08E.png

She got Yamcha'd.

TRTVEl1.png818Fs8w.pnggiphy.gif

So when you touch incapacitated allies, you call a medic.  Actually, the medic is from a set of triplets, Fina, Mina, or Gina Sellers; either one of these characters will show up, and it's difficult to discern from one or the other.  And like Vyse and Aika, they're also a cameo from Skies of Arcadia.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how it is she's able to just show up without having to worry about anyone shooting at her?  She'll sometimes come straight through enemy territory and always come out unscathed.  I guess the Imps actually have some honor and don't bother shooting a Conscientious Objector?  Even though they're perfectly fine with gunning down innocent minors and pregnant women.

Video games, man.

i5Ll4hT.png

Then I'll have Edy kill these guys- er...

Dk4YFk4.png

Fuck it, use another CP.

giphy.gif

Your status effects mean nothing!

giphy.gif

"That's whatchu get!" Edy says with her tiny mouth...

3ProLJF.png

... as she stands there in a weakened state in the middle of enemy territory.

JOBLmVQ.pngJWqnxYp.png

Slim down his health a bit...

ACBadV8.png

Wow...

Now they only start with two CPs.  Holy shit, was it like this in the vanilla game???  I've basically cut down the enemy's strength from megalithic to that of a little baby in just three turns.  That is the power of good tactics, my friends.

giphy.gif

That being said, this little baby still kicks like a mother fucker.

giphy.gif

...  That was a very short-lived moment of glory.  RIP Edy's dignity.

And that was the entirety of the enemy's turn!

7B8mQA1.png

Now we're the monsters!

Yeah, this chapter's actually kind of easy.  I mean, for me it is, and I'm sure if I find it easy, lots of people on this site would find it even easier.  The difficulty begins to really ramp up, like, two or three chapters later, particularly when enemy snipers and lancers show up.

But for now, let's clean up this mess.

cAqUTJq.png

First I'm gonna have Welkin back this tank up so that he can mortar these dudes.

giphy.gif

These assholes are resilient if nothing else.

4E3ffoF.pngYcHS7xq.png

*Beeeeeep*  *Beeeeeep*  *Beeeeeeep*

6KYXve5.png

So now I start cleaning these guys' clocks...  Though I'm not gonna show footage of Rosie slaughtering these people, as there's nothing remarkable about it.

AsnsHeB.png

What I will show is Karl making a mad dash for Edy.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Did you ever hear about the time when Karl Pilkington killed a Nazi?

yorDwsC.png

Now Karl gets to be the one who rescues someone!

REVSYNv.png

But you think he's done here?  Think again!

giphy.gif

He may be sacrificing himself here, but at least he'll have taken down this asshole's magical defense barrier!

xoXaDZt.png

Hurry, capture the fla-

PvYU7K8.png

Aaaaannnnnnd he's dead...

6LoblNK.png

Alicia!  I choose you!

8BhfqJC.png

Easy peesey!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Alicia's really good at just barely killing these enemies...

Speaking of which, I've always pondered how strange it is that in a lot of these games, both the heroes and the villains tend to be perfectly capable of running and fighting right until their HP reaches zero.  It isn't like it's impossible to cause characters to limp when severely wounded; heck, there's even a chapter later in this game where one of the characters is limping around!

Regardless...

Vk78yNW.png

this op...

CobcqYm.png

is done!  Great way to start our campaign against the Empire, eh?  Though in spite of our victory here, the actual mission objectives are two-fold for us.  We've defeated the blitz troops here, but we still need to deal with the enemy on the bridge as well as the dudes on the other side before reinforcements arrive.  We've still got our work cut out for us.  But don't worry 'cuz Ms. Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer is on our side, and she'll surely find a way to cheese the mission.

7dRS0Q4.png

Results!  In spite of our obviously high turn count, we still got some decent rewards.

Tune in next time to see some dumb civilian bumble into town.

Edited by Ertrick36

RIP Edy, not only in your playthrough but I just tried the Edy detachment dlc, and oh boy was I not expecting that, got decently far to a point

Spoiler

By that I mean I was halfway through getting Edy to the endzone, when I had her turn a corner straight into 4-5+ enemies, stepped on a mine right in front of them, ran behind a nearby wall to step on another mine and then Edy died, also Marina died earlier due to a grenade blowing up sandbags and then 2-3 scouts/shocktroopers weakened her until the tank decides to blow a shell straight into her face, also screw those mortars

21 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

RIP Edy, not only in your playthrough but I just tried the Edy detachment dlc, and oh boy was I not expecting that, got decently far to a point

Hide contents

By that I mean I was halfway through getting Edy to the endzone, when I had her turn a corner straight into 4-5+ enemies, stepped on a mine right in front of them, ran behind a nearby wall to step on another mine and then Edy died, also Marina died earlier due to a grenade blowing up sandbags and then 2-3 scouts/shocktroopers weakened her until the tank decides to blow a shell straight into her face, also screw those mortars

Yeah, the Edy Detachment DLC can be a challenge, especially if you wanna get an A rank.

Actually, I've completed that mission with an A rank before, and I've got some tips for you if you want any help; just open the spoiler below (don't worry, I don't spoil story elements at all).  Not sure if all of them will be as applicable with the mod installed; I guess continue following along in my playthrough and you'll see soon enough.

Spoiler
  • Keep in mind the enemies' ranges; you don't want your scouts to shoot the shocktroopers and have them stop dead in their tracks without them getting themselves killed or gravely wounded by your defending troops.  I always have scouts defend against the side scouts come from and have Lynn defend against shocktroopers; if I recall, they tend to come from the same places.
  • Spread everyone out so that the enemies won't use grenades or tank mortars.  If you need to bunch people up, bunch units with similar ranges together, and try to find a way to keep non-interception units from getting attacked.
  • Remember that Homer can repair sandbags, and that the cover they provide can go both ways; it may be prudent to have Homer go first on any given turn.
  • Also remember that Jann is basically immune to mines and keep in mind that the interception fire from tanks alone is not enough to kill him if he runs straight behind them.  This can give you an opportunity to shoot tank radiators, saving precious CPs.  Also note: the southern tank doesn't really do much, so it's more prudent to attack the northern tank first.
  • If you take out the two tanks nearest to you, you can run Marina across to the watchtower and have her snipe out some enemies.
  • Generally, just play defensively with most of your units.  Obviously set them where they need to be, but don't concern yourself with using them all that much; if things go well, they'll do all the work for you.
  • Get Edy moving as soon as you can.  Like, on the second or third turn.  And when you're using Edy, save as often as you can so that, in the event you screw up, you can pick right back up from where you left off.  That's really the best way to do it, as they'll throw tons of surprises at you.  You can try moving slowly, but that can only get you so far.
  • If you mange to beat the mission in four turns, cover your ears.

Also forgot to mention that I accidentally deleted the progress I made in that last chapter by not saving...  But I played through the mission again before putting out these screenies.  Basically consider the run you saw semi-canon.  Except this time, I got a B rank instead of a C.

Edited by Ertrick36

Much shorter segment coming up for the closing bit.  I think I might also work in a small interlude segment before jumping into the next chapter.

Chapter 3-4: News Flash - Crazy Reporter Walk Into Open Warzone (Closing Scene)

Spoiler

HdeHKoB.png

So we cut to a scene of Welkin and Alicia... chatting with each other, with only Welkin on the tank for whatever reason.

sIDARHP.pngrYTCemC.png

When all of a sudden, the paparazzi shows up!

Quick, Welkin, have Isara drive you out of here before they decide to follow you home and take picture of you nude in the shower with your bug collection!

P00iHZZ.png

Oh wait, it's just the lady I hired to take these screenies.

Wait a minute, I didn't hire anyone for this.  Who the hell are you?

rgjcYAv.png

She doesn't even introduce herself before she starts loading on a bunch of questions.

NRGXB3G.png

So she, a civilian, just hops right onto a fully functional and armed tank!

rT5u3BB.pngECJ5osc.pngJZ5XZdP.png

And she gradually starts pushing Welkin off the tank while asking some ridiculous questions.

You can really tell this is an era before war was televised because she's asking for the funniest moments from a fucking war!

Spoiler

To answer that question, I personally think the funniest moment was when Jane Turner became Yamcha.  Or you know what?  How about any time someone has ragdolled?

DWBr22f.pngnVGHpjL.png

Alicia gets jelly that this reporter lady is obsessing over Welkin and decides to butt in.

PRxFmBz.png

Alicia gets the cold shoulder.

6T8urRU.pngD2TxoxR.pngWb8G1KT.png

Ah, so she's a-

AQPJnjB.png

She literally just said she was a reporter, Welkin!  I understand you're country folk, but how dense can you be?

I'm actually country folk, too, so he can't even use that excuse.

chHiECg.png

She responds very condescendingly...

Just like me to pretty much anything that comes out of Welkin's mouth outside of serious moments.

So right, this is Ms. Ellet.  Suspiciously, we never hear her first name until much later.  We also don't get an entry on this lady in either the Personnel or Glossary tabs (which I'll talk about soon).  Anyway, as she said, she's gonna be conducting interviews of the members of the 7th Platoon.  At first it'll just be about the core members of the platoon, but eventually she actually branches out to conducting minor interviews for "rising stars" of the platoon (in other words for this map, Edy and Karl).

jiXscI8.png48PChyw.png

My thoughts exactly, Alicia.

We then cut to the two new members of the platoon; Rosie and Largo.

Gke1YlD.png

Yeah, who the hell does he think he is, having this lady show up unannounced and bombard him with questions he may or may not be comfortable with answering?

Twc8tyQ.png

Okay, you know what?

I actually agree.  Aside form this one battle and a few other minor ones, this is all the experience he has:

qVuHJXe.pngyYBgr67.png

Yet here he's been given an entire platoon (that is, twenty people) to command.

I don't think I'm ever gonna stop referring back to this.

o41JFeM.pngVz185pL.png

I like these people.  They get it.  They're just keepin' it real, here.

Also, I hate kids too, even though I'm the same age as Welkin and thus would probably be considered a kid by his standards.

Spoiler

Though to be fair, even I hate people my age.  I much prefer older people for the most part.

8q4GK0j.pngVmXlgpg.png

I'd say Varrot should've made Largo a Lieutenant, but that would be actual nepotism, so...

I mean, this conflict is only meant to set up a growing experience for all the platoon members, but it brings up a very good question: why was Welkin given a position as a Lieutenant?

I mean, I'm not the most familiar with the military, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to be a lieutenant in order to operate a tank.  Perhaps in addition to taking an armored vehicle course, he also took an officer-in-training course?  Because if that was the case (which I'm pretty sure it is implied by Faldio's comments), then it'd make perfect sense that Welkin was made a lieutenant, since that's the lowest rank for a CO.

And I'm pretty sure the attention Welkin's getting is less about people being fascinated about the man himself and more about his father's legacy.  Also, journalists will always dig as deep as they can for a good story.  Though if she really wants a good story, maybe she should pay closer attention to the ladies here as well as on the enemy side...

Spoiler

It's called "Valkyria Chronicles" for a reason, after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, we'll later find there's more to their bitterness than just him being the "new kid".

But for now, let's have another interlude!  Don't worry; this one will be shorter.

Interlude 2: Raiden Shows Up at a Cemetery and Ms. Ellet Scrawls Some Mad Ramblings on a Wall

Spoiler

saE10K3.png

So after that, we'll now get details on all the people we meet, weapons we acquire, and... things we come across.  Wikipedia eat your heart out.

We'll also get biographies of the soldiers we recruit, though I've already got that covered.

YwO06nB.png

So we open up our handy dandy tour guide to find that now only one plate remains unlabeled.  The other two, Castlefront Street and War Cemetery aren't nearly as elaborate locations as the places we've been to, but they're still important in their own right.

Lets go from the top downward... so to Castlefront Street we go!

lWsbcgz.png

Nevermind.  Let's not go to Castlefront Street...  'Tis a silly place.

CeWpuNB.png

If it isn't a fat stack of cash as celebration of my latest victory, then I'm walkin'.

ggdjnl6.png

You're dragging me, a busy man with important military stuff to do, to read a bunch of nonsense you scribbled on a wall?

Who the hell do you think I am?  What game are you playing at?

vAkmaVe.png

Yes, why?

U56RRtA.pngUeGIIWQ.pngQZUQgjJ.pngEGXnpLE.png

Right, so when she says "Writing on the Wall", it isn't actually like some mad ramblings on a wall; it's a play on the idiom that refers to a blatant truth and the fact that she's pasting a bunch of her printed works on a corkboard along the wall.

Man, I wish someone would do that for America.  All this talk of "fake news" really grows tiring.  We need Ms. Ellet to save us all before our news becomes a vacuum!

vwExSUq.png

But... wait a minute, I work for the government!  I mean, we aren't politicians or any such high ranking officials by any means, but we still work for the government.  And since we work for the Militia, we're about as goonish as you can possibly get.

Then again, I think she's actually referring to some kind of censorship bureau.  But now I have to wonder... if this is so "out-of-the-way", then how will anyone read it?  Does she just scream at people to read it like a newsboy?  I she hoping word of mouth will deliver her message for her?  Because if so, then that's gotta be the least reliable way to do so.  I learned this in school when I played "telephone" with my classmates; messages tend to get construed the more they're passed around.

Anyway, so she's got her own little side project going on, and we get to read entries from it.  I'll briefly summarize each entry each time new ones show up.  It'll be a good way for me to practice abridging stuff.

5wPq1Nq.png

• Signs of Gallian Resistance: Gallians prepare for a counterattack against the Empire and will use the Militia so that the central forces can guard Randgriz in the likely event that the Militia forces are wiped out/breached.
  • Flames of War Sweep Europa: The Empire has taken a major southern city in the Federation, which is a major supply route for ragnite and whose occupation implies an expansion of the conflict throughout the continent as well as a significantly better standing for the Empire in the war.

xoNDpLq.png

I don't like this...

When people say this, they're usually about to ask a favor from me.  The 7th Platoon isn't here to do favors for you people; we're here to kick ass and chew tobacco!  It would be bubble gum, but that won't be invented until the next game, I think.

T4dmgG4.png

Uh huh...  What does this have to do with me?

uQEIakk.png3Jn8pbN.png

Aha!  So you want me to pay for it!

Well, tell you what, let's call it an investment; I give you some money, and you give me at least... ten percent of the royalty checks.  I won't go cheaper than that, so we got a deal?  And if your lousy book doesn't sell...  I better get every single DCT back before long or else I'll have Jane Turner and Isara Gunther pay you a "visit" at 2 AM on an unspecified date.

hZ95hgq.pngct9AlT3.png

Hmm.  I do like this idea.  But...  You better make damn sure it sells.  You don't want me to send Lynn to break all your windows and furniture, do you?  I'm trading cold, hard cash for notoriety, you understand?

h6F3S1W.pngIOcaGS0.png

Listen, lady.  I don't care about you.  I only care about what I get out of it.  You can take your little "author career" up your rear end for all I care, but you're pitching to me, not yourself.

Dk6QIIe.png

Right, so after that extortion racket, she then offers certain segments for a certain amount of money.  This one here is cheap as hell, so obviously I'll purchase it.

Each of these will open up new side chapters; a few of them are just a series of cutscenes, but some also contain actual missions revolving around some of the main characters.

One other thing...

R9yJdb9.png

When you come back here after a battle and she says this, this means that one or more of your minor platoon members became a hero.  This means that they'll get an extended biography in the Personnel tab as well as a Hidden Potential.

Just like any personal potential, a hidden potential can be either good or bad.  For example, Edy's hidden potential is "Rosie Hater", which is bad; however, Lynn's hidden potential is "Hard Worker", which is a really good and fairly unique one.  It's always a good idea to come back here after every battle to see if anyone's become a hero.

Spoiler

For those curious, you can cheese this like crazy.  The easiest method for unlocking a character's hidden potential immediately is to go into a skirmish with them, have someone else die, and then have the person whose potential you want to unlock save that person and kill someone/a tank.  Whatever happens afterwards doesn't matter.  I will admit that Edy and Karl rescuing one another in the last mission was a deliberate attempt to unlock their fucking awful hidden potentials..

Another tidbit: Because the mod unlists Rosie, Largo, and Alicia from the "leaders" list, their potentials can now be unlocked like anyone else's.  This can lead to some serious spoilers, which is why I'll recommend here and now that if you've never played this game vanilla and are considering playing the Gallian Crossfire version, you should play vanilla first.

So after we've finished with Ms. Scaramucci, we now have to visit a bunch of dead people.

8bsyXUX.png

Oh, hang on, it's a serious moment.  Let me put on my serious filter.

mrqrWKD.png

I'm sorry.  I just can't get over the fact that it's fucking Quinton Flynn, the guy who voices Raiden from MGS2, giving the voice for this guy.  If you could just listen to him, you'd know almost immediately.  We've got a man who probably is most famous for the notoriously badly acted line "We've managed to avoid drowning!" taking on the role of a solemn old man.

To be fair, that acting job wasn't really Flynn's fault, and he does a pretty good job here.

So Aged Gentleman Raiden's here with us... for some reason.  He comes up with a morbidly cheeky remark.

vXKibf1.png

"It's just the thought of setting up one of these for the Imperials gets me super excited, so I come here to remind myself of that dream."

Maybe he actually is blood-related to Isara.

tB8tGYj.png

Some people actually like being in morbid, creepy places like this.  I'm serious; I know someone who lives in a cemetery.  Their father is a gravekeeper.

cxEAygP.pngWMQ1ovp.png

Though Welkin decides to give him the boring, sensible answer.

oIQ990R.png

How do you know, Raiden?  You couldn't even tell that the one "Navy Seal" dude who said "Semper Fi" and rocked Snake's signature mullet that you saw via simulations was in fact Solid Snake.

I guess he got it correct because age has really wizened him up.

mb5QdgH.png

Wait, why is it "impressive" now?

I literally just figured out that him being a lieutenant wasn't remarkable!  Why does the game now have to start treating it like it is now?

wqskgcA.png

Even Welkin agrees with me.

Then again, I'm almost confident that he pretty much despises himself, so that's nothing new.

E4vjM33.png

Your whole platoon, you mean.

Nevertheless, he's right.  Not even the great Darcsen Goddess of War Lynn can escape death if Welkin sucks at tactics.

ulka6Um.png

Ah, speaking of orders...

p46gBg1.png

You're speaking to the man, the myth, the legend Raiden.  He stopped Solidus Snake from committing digital terrorism and throwing the world in chaos.  Not only that, but he also killed a swole as fuck Senator with a goddamn katana!

Spoiler

Actually, he is a notable character in this game, but we don't learn who he actually is until we beat the game at least once.

VQ0bUMs.pngbEReMT6.png

For now, we just know that he's a EWI vet who knows some good orders.  In fact, he'll now stalk Welkin in the Cemetery just to teach him orders.  Why?  Well... beat the game and you'll find out!

The way this works is you go to the Cemetery after every mission and he'll have a new order to teach you.  But you need experience points in order to learn them.

Tune in next chapter to see what I get out of all this.

Edited by Ertrick36

19 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Anyway, can anyone tell me how it is she's able to just show up without having to worry about anyone shooting at her?

Correct me if I am wrong but was that not how it mostly worked back in those days and earlier? Soldiers had orders not to shoot at anything labeled with the Red Cross or such and I guess there was more sense of honor in doing just that. I remember reading something like that but I might be totally wrong on this.

19 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Alicia's really good at just barely killing these enemies...

I actually really like the shooting animations. Feels like there is a real blow-back from that rifle. More so when Alicia does have puny arms, haha.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:43 PM, MadJak91 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but was that not how it mostly worked back in those days and earlier? Soldiers had orders not to shoot at anything labeled with the Red Cross or such and I guess there was more sense of honor in doing just that. I remember reading something like that but I might be totally wrong on this.

I think I do remember learning about that through osmosis.  I guess even though the Nazis actually also attacked innocent civilians and imprisoned them in "camps", they didn't fire upon medics.  Though of course that only applies to actual government issued militaries and thus doesn't apply to unofficial militant groups...

Which probably means of all the militant groups in the Valkyria games, Squad 422 from VC3 would probably be the most inclined to gun down medics... and they're the group you play as.  I only have passing knowledge of that game.

Actually speaking of VC3, I might be inclined to do LPs of the other Valkyria games after this one...  Though VC2 would be kind of a train wreck 'cuz there's so much anime high school slice-of-life nonsense in it, and it actually makes me a little sour towards the game.  I'd actually love to do an LP of VC3 though, because I hear it's kind of good; all I know is the main character kind of looks like an edge lord and the leading Darcsen lady has a weapon that's so ludicrous and inane it's almost not even funny.

Spoiler

Though she should know through FE that lances best swords, so therefore her choice to add a large fucking blade to the bottom of her gun means she's destined to always fail against any Valkyria she fights because she doesn't have that vital WTA.

But that'll be for another time in the somewhat distant future 'cuz I intend to beat this game first.  Though I am curious to see if anyone would be interested in seeing VC2 or VC3 first.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:43 PM, MadJak91 said:

I actually really like the shooting animations. Feels like there is a real blow-back from that rifle. More so when Alicia does have puny arms, haha.

Certainly does seem like there's a kick.  Makes me think of the first time I fired a shotgun, but I had the stock up against my arm instead of the inner part of my shoulder so the kick bruised my arm for, like, two weeks.  Or how in Resident Evil Outbreak, each of the characters react differently to a pistol's kick, affecting their firing speed; the cop you play as can fire very rapidly, but there's this geek you can play as who fires it really slowly because she just lets the gun kick back as far as it possibly can.

And that's not even the limit to our rifles' sizes.  Eventually our rifles will start looking like this:

WCLNEIf.png

and this:

cNeWCtz.png

and even this:

E7vK2Nl.png

while the enemy's rifles will end up looking like this:

MLVcrxr.png

and most will have stemmed from these two in some way:

3ZPb8T2.pngYmV2zix.png

so it's easy to see these weapons having at least a little kick to them.

Also heads up, I'm currently working to beat the next chapter's mission as well as the two after, so it might be a little bit before I put out screenies for the next chapter.

I guess I am down for VC3 in the future. I pretty much do not know anything. I saw the short anime which was like an introduction of sorts? That was years ago and I barely remember much. There was this girl with a huge grenade launcher or what was it so I think you mean that weapon? :D

As for VC2... Feel free to do it but I cannot say I care for it due to similar reasons... I have not even finished it and meh. It is in the past now.

Actually, I just found out there is a fourth game. Recently released but it seems it completely went under the radar... Wow. Valkyria Revolution.
Also, is it typical for the Valkyria to have huge breasts? Because that seems to be the case, honestly. lmao
I am joking but yeah.

Edited by MadJak91

54 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

I guess I am down for VC3 in the future. I pretty much do not know anything. I saw the short anime which was like an introduction of sorts? That was years ago and I barely remember much. There was this girl with a huge grenade launcher or what was it so I think you mean that weapon? :D

As for VC2... Feel free to do it but I cannot say I care for it due to similar reasons... I have not even finished it and meh. It is in the past now.

Actually, I just found out there is a fourth game. Recently released but it seems it completely went under the radar... Wow. Valkyria Revolution.
Also, is it typical for the Valkyria to have huge breasts? Because that seems to be the case, honestly. lmao
I am joking but yeah.

It seems that way by the few known valkyria in the games,

Spoiler

though I would say Alicia is debatable

I know of Valkyria revolution, but from what I've gathered the developers wanted it completely separate in almost every way from the chronicles games. Though it is made by the same devs I think within the same franchise. Best example I got of how I think it works is Devil May Cry, with the new Dante's game being Valkyria Revolution and the older games being Valkyria Chronicles. (Though I have yet to play any DMC game and Valkyria revolution so this is just me making correlations based off what I've read/seen on youtube)

Edited by LucarioGamer812

2 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

From what I've seen, it's a sort of moddable gun that can take on different properties depending on which class its owner Imca is in.  So it'll turn into something like a scout rifle if she becomes a scout or a machine gun if she becomes a shocktrooper.  I think the blade part of it always remains.

7 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

Didn't finish it either, and something tells me VC3 wouldn't spoil much of it.  Regardless, I'll make sure to at least beat that game before moving onto VC3.

I think for what it's worth the gameplay is pretty good, though it eventually just becomes a grind to get everyone's side missions.  There are some genuinely good moments in the story as well, usually when the cadets leave the school.  It doesn't help that I'm already iffy on teenagers and didn't particularly enjoy my time in high school.

Before I really dug into the game, I just used some cheats to get Selvaria, Isara, Edy, Lynn, Marina, and a bunch of other characters in the game and figured I'd play mostly with them... but eventually I learned that by doing so, I was missing out on a lot of the game's content.

14 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

Like Lucario said, it was more of a side project.  It's much more action-oriented, so much so that people complained about it and they had to tone it down.  From what I know, it's about a group of people fighting against the Valkyrur, which we obviously haven't even encountered yet in this LP.  They use ragnite as magic weaponry, supposedly.  I don't know anything besides that.  I'm not even sure I'd be interested.

21 minutes ago, MadJak91 said:

Also, is it typical for the Valkyria to have huge breasts?

Ah, yes...  That's most certainly something a lot of people bring up.  For better or worse, it was something started because one of the only Valkyria we see in the game had pretty large breasts, and I figure they at some point decided that would be a perfect way to distinguish them further from ordinary women.  Also because they want the Valkyrur to all be popular, and that's just an easy way to do it.

Spoiler

I'd like to think Selvaria's popularity is more due to her characterization than her... "assets".

12 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

It seems that way by the few known valkyria in the games...

I know that the people following and commenting on this thread directly have played the game, but could you please put any significant spoilers under spoiler tags on the off-chance that someone unfamiliar with the games stumbles upon this thread or is already following it indirectly?  At least until I actually come upon these story elements in the LP.

Spoiler

Referring to your comment about Alicia being a Valkyrur, btw.

Though to remark on that, I'll say her breasts are prominent enough.  I'll also say that her wearing a really short skirt into battle and her wearing a two-piece bikini while everyone else wears regular swimming garb that's a little more accurate to the time the game's supposed to be representing.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be LPing VC3 down the road.  Even I'm curious; I've never played it myself.  But I got an English patch for it recently and can play it and record stuff from it.

2 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

@Ertrick36, sorry I forgot about that, it's fixed.

It's okay.  We all make mistakes like that; I have to always remind myself that not everyone knows everything about this or that game or show, and have gotten into the habit of asking if they care about spoilers.  I'm just glad you fixed it right away.

Also, I was rereading what I said in my post earlier, and I'm laughing at how matter-of-factly I sounded talking about Valkyrur breasts.  Dear lord, I don't think I could've sounded any drier talking about that if I tried.  Then again, I've seen worse cases of people taking things far too seriously on this site.

I guess it's because I just genuinely don't care much about it one way or the other.  Some people use it as a platform to criticize certain characters in the series, but I think because at least the main Valkyrur in this game is pretty well done, the criticisms fall a little flat.  I mean, if any of you don't like ladies being busty in this game, it's fine...  But I'd just ask those who would criticize fan-servicey designs to at least give this one character a fair shake and see what she has to offer.

Spoiler

I'm referring to Selvaria, by the way.  And personally, aside from the big breasts and... occasionally exposed shoulders, I don't think there's anything all that fan-servicey about her design.  But you know how people can be...

Speaking of, I just finished recording the first scene that features the antagonists.  I'll be putting out stuff soon.  Though I actually lost the footage for the battle in the Kloden Woodlands... but luckily, I saved right before that mission, so I can redo it easily.  It was a shitshow anyway, so I'm glad I get a second shot at recording it.  Though regardless, I intend to start working on putting out the LP posts tomorrow, because I really want to get to the part where the antagonists show up, and especially to the second desert chapter.

Edited by Ertrick36

Man sounds like you've been busy, I know how much of a pain those maps can be (especially that 2nd desert one) and with the other bs mine placement made me have a lot of error playing the game, at least I learn from my mistakes,

Spoiler
Spoiler

though if the Edy detachment taught me anything, it's that to expect the BS to be real, I swear to god that map is made to be irritating and difficult, I could handle everything else if it wasn't for either the mortars or that clump of enemies in one area that force you to go behind a wall that has 10 mines all jammed pack to where you'd hide behind and kill Edy, and you can't really send anyone else due to defending the base, and leaving only 2-3 units that can defend it is not a good idea.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:35 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

Man sounds like you've been busy, I know how much of a pain those maps can be (especially that 2nd desert one) and with the other bs mine placement made me have a lot of error playing the game, at least I learn from my mistakes,

Hide contents
  Hide contents

though if the Edy detachment taught me anything, it's that to expect the BS to be real, I swear to god that map is made to be irritating and difficult, I could handle everything else if it wasn't for either the mortars or that clump of enemies in one area that force you to go behind a wall that has 10 mines all jammed pack to where you'd hide behind and kill Edy, and you can't really send anyone else due to defending the base, and leaving only 2-3 units that can defend it is not a good idea.

Well, it can be a pain, but I have yet to get to the really difficult parts.  The biggest problem for me right now is just collecting screenshots and trying not to get too far ahead.

I did have trouble with the 2nd desert map my first time through the game, and that's a map where you can easily get the Edelweiss destroyed, but the true kicker with the mod installed is actually the mission beforehand because some snipers are actually now capable of interception fire.  I'd almost even say it's a sort of rite of passage for people trying the mod for the first time.

Spoiler

Edy's map is a lot of bs, especially for the part you have to use Edy for.  You're right in that you can only use Edy for that one part, because you need Lynn, Susie, and Homer to all watch the sandbag fort.  Though another thing I can suggest is to use the flamethrower when faced with groups of enemies and aim down at their feet.  I think you can also risk bringing Jann along, but only if you'd already taken out the other tanks and can spare the CPs necessary to have him run over the mines.

Alright, so the last couple of interludes were a little long because I had to explain new features that were showing up, but pretty much every regular interlude after will be very short.  I'm gonna post this next interlude alongside one of the Reports, due to it not containing any combat.

For those unfamiliar, the Reports are basically filler that add a bit of backstory and characterization for the cast.

Interlude 3: A Cherished Soldier Departs, Plus I Find an OP Gun

Spoiler

Firstly...

Nr74Wxk.png

No you fucking weren't dying.  I never even used you.

At least she's glad she's leaving.  I'll only dismiss soldiers if there's someone else I want to recruit.  Unless I get more requests, you'll probably only see two or three more units leave, and it'll most likely be characters no one asked for anyway.  Though no matter what, Team Darcsen will stay.

GTcf4O6.png

Per request, I've taken on this sickly sniper.

About Sniper Emile Bielert: He's another character you can normally only get through using another character.  Put Oscar Bielert through the same ordeal you would for Karl to get Lynn, and you'll get him.  However, we actually don't even have Oscar, so the canon reason for Emile joining is rendered moot.

Anyway, Emile has some kind of medical condition, which would normally keep him in a special care facility.  However, after hearing about his brother who absolutely isn't in this squad being in trouble, he joined the Militia to help Oscar out and possibly prove that he isn't a burden.

Potentials:

Spoiler
  • Meadow Bred
  • Frail Body: When he depletes about half of his available AP, he loses defense
  • Good Buddy

Assessment:

Spoiler

Frail Body shouldn't be much of an issue for him since you shouldn't be putting him in situations where he's in danger of being taken out by anyone other than a sniper, and in that case, enemy snipers tend to kill in two shots regardless of active debuffs.

Though he will want to be near allies.  It might be good to have him travel with Oscar so that they could be a sniper pair.  His other friends are both scouts; they could be good for scouting ahead for potential scouting perches, spotting when they get to such perches, and defending him when worst comes to worst.  He acquires battle potentials that gear him more towards fighting snipers and scouts that have high ground.  Anakin really should've brought this guy along.

However his hidden potential is kind of lame for his class, requiring him to be severely hurt for it to proc.  I believe it might've been changed in this mod, but I'm unsure.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Let's go back to HQ to level up and assess our strength.

mGsGaPE.png

First of all, I was just looking through my inventory, and found that I had this overpowered PoS gun in my inventory.

I will not use that gun until I complete the respective DLC for it.  It's one of the best guns in the whole game.  It isn't the strongest Imperial gun, but it has the longest range and the best aim; it's basically a sniper rifle for shocktroopers.  And only shocktroopers and a certain "scout" can use this gun.  We'll see this "scout" in action soon enough.

QUexlju.pngtY1PxRT.png

Time to level.  Just like I said, I'm gonna keep it as even as possible.

dTpXSrf.png2loq6SX.png2i596Mj.png

Here are Welkin's orders.  They're all pretty self-explanatory.  Sniper Support, as you can see in that description, has an allied sniper from off-screen attack one enemy.  It doesn't work on enemy vehicles.

I'll show new orders as they come up, typically in the cemetery.  I'll also show inventory changes if they occur.  That'll happen more frequently once we get branching paths in weapons development.

socUJud.png

One more thing I wanted to gloss over; Skirmishes.  Because of MadJak's comments, I thought more about how they worked with the mod installed and realized I didn't pursue them that much.

So like I said, they occur in areas you've already been in.  This one takes place in the prologue chapter's map.

oRME9zY.png

You start with two difficulties; after beating the game, you get Hard mode.  And through DLC (which is free on the PC version), you get Hard EX mode, which is basically just hard mode except you also have to deal with your ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend texting you every turn saying that they miss you and want to be back together with you.  Also there are fucking Tank Destroyers and other overpowered shit in every Skirmish on this mode.

4uh5r1R.png

The conditions for every Skirmish are the same, barring the special Edy Detachment ones.  In the vanilla game, you could almost always rush the base camp with scouts.  But what about here?

Well...  I'll just straight up tell you.

Mlr6nK6.pnguUyza08.png

The exact same battlefield, except we start on the opposite end.

Those shocktroopers are the biggest issue.  You pretty much can't have your scouts rush the objective.  Not normally anyway.  What you have to do is have a shocktrooper flank around the wide side (that is, the western side) to shoot the shocktrooper and possibly the scout as well.  You'll at least deplete half of your CPs through this method...

R6sokgh.pngC6F9gcy.pngI4dStLJ.pngwXiwinI.pnglgOSdJl.pngpLzrRqU.png9FIslxQ.png

Though even in cutting directly through them and killing the Ace, you can secure the objective in one turn, which is the requirement for an A rank.

G17Pe7x.png

And for doing all of that, this is the amount of experience you obtain.  The next one, which unlocks not all that much later, grants around 5k experience.

You can grind for experience with these maps, but you won't get all that much stronger for all the slog you'd be putting yourself through.  Why?  Because while the units themselves get stronger and unlock potentials, they won't get any equipment upgrades aside from the baseline upgrades for the elite weaponry.

And honestly, these should only really be used to grind your units up to a suitable level for any given chapter.

As for the money...  It's completely pointless with the mod.  You pretty much always get enough money to buy all the upgrades that become available to you.  Unless you C Rank everything.

x4yasfl.png

Though regardless of how useful it is, I'm not saving my progress after completing the skirmish.

Edited by Ertrick36

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:
Spoiler

Edy's map is a lot of bs, especially for the part you have to use Edy for.  You're right in that you can only use Edy for that one part, because you need Lynn, Susie, and Homer to all watch the sandbag fort.  Though another thing I can suggest is to use the flamethrower when faced with groups of enemies and aim down at their feet.  I think you can also risk bringing Jann along, but only if you'd already taken out the other tanks and can spare the CPs necessary to have him run over the mines.

Spoiler

Yeah it is, I was thinking of bringing Jann along to detonate the mines and have him run back to help defend (ie heal anyone he can and tank a little fire) also I did mess up on that run by a shocktrooper grenading sandbags (which I had 3 units behind) and due to 3 scouts and a shocktrooper charging me, Marina died, so if I can negate that and manage to get Edy into position before turn 3, I should be good, *facepalms* I forgot that they had their secondaries despite me using Susie's grenade launcher to take out that ambush sniper., a flame thrower might have worked them, but still, having 5 shocktroopers in Edy's face does not sound like a good idea. Anyways I looked into the imperial dlc and oh boy I don't know if I can do that, maybe post-game I'll try it.

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:
  Hide contents

Yeah it is, I was thinking of bringing Jann along to detonate the mines and have him run back to help defend (ie heal anyone he can and tank a little fire) also I did mess up on that run by a shocktrooper grenading sandbags (which I had 3 units behind) and due to 3 scouts and a shocktrooper charging me, Marina died, so if I can negate that and manage to get Edy into position before turn 3, I should be good, *facepalms* I forgot that they had their secondaries despite me using Susie's grenade launcher to take out that ambush sniper., a flame thrower might have worked them, but still, having 5 shocktroopers in Edy's face does not sound like a good idea. Anyways I looked into the imperial dlc and oh boy I don't know if I can do that, maybe post-game I'll try it.

Spoiler

The Imperial DLC also is a bit tough, especially since one of the units you fight is Musaad, who is in a trench and has all of his battle potentials unlocked so he's always dodging shots and he hits really hard.

Though I personally don't think it's quite as difficult as the Edy Detachment.  Still, it can be tricky, especially if you're wanting to unlock the special "fourth" map.

Report Segment: Crazy Reporter Pesters Our Platoon Yet Again

Spoiler

1QFCSsN.png

So this is our first Report; Ellet Embedded.

It's all about Ms. Ellet interviewing the core members of the 7th Platoon; Alicia, Largo, Rosie, Isara, and of course Welkin himself.  Actually, she doesn't really "interview" Alicia... but that's for narrative purposes that I will not yet divulge.

58R1WYR.png

We first cut to this scene of Ellet talking to herself.

Wow, remember when I was joking about Ellet being crazy for writing stuff on a wall?  She really lends herself well to jokes like that, doesn't she?

So our clinically insane reporter is thinking about the platoon.

861OUkH.png

7th Platoon, and...  Why are you giving impressions of them?  I mean, they haven't even completed their first mission.  All you should know at this point is their cliques and associated drama- oooooohhhhh...

WwWhECr.png

So this is her notebook.  If you can read that... handwriting, you'll see the names of the Platoon members.  I believe the bottom might be her own name maybe?  Or Varrot's?

I guess that cursive writing class sort of came in handy after all.

PlTSmhR.png

That is a hilarious picture, not gonna lie.  He looks like he's terrified of the camera.

Maybe he thinks it'll steal his soul.

dn22m7j.png

This one's good, too.  You can tell neither of them wanted their pictures taken.

uWMR3Wd.png

That cloud to the right looks like a fox or somethin'...  Does that mean anything?

I... guess he is, isn't he?  Though a lot of people are the children or grandchildren of war heroes, so I don't think his father being a general really impacts who either of them are as people.

2w94v07.pngl85BN9g.png

You get out of here with that smut right now.

You'll find that Ms. Ellet only really cares about Alicia in regards to her relation to Welkin.  Actually, the same sort of applies to her feelings towards the other platoon members, but nowhere is that more apparent than with Alicia.  Typical...

yJpDZiS.png

He's the only one so far who actually looks like he enjoyed having his picture snapped.

How could you hate a guy like this, man?

DxMtuf7.png

She looks like she might curbstomp the camera or something.  Then again, maybe it's just because she always looks kinda angry.

FXZEolt.png

Of course, while everyone else sees this friction as a genuine problem, Ellet the psychopath sees it as a "good story".

Ms. Ellet, if these people fail to get along, there's a good chance they'll fail the war and the Empire will come along and throw any freedom of speech you might have out the window.  Then your "Writing on the Wall" will have to become "Writing on the Cave Wall" because you sure as hell won't be allowed to post anything out in the open in a major city like Randgriz.

Also, she's writing in that really thin notebook without the support of the ground or a desk.  I find when I try to do that, I just make a bunch of scribbles, so I have to wonder how she manages to still make her writing legible... or at least as legible as it normally is.

49bVLm2.png

Don't you dare forget about Miss Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer...

After all, you'll be seeing her again if your book fails to sell.

Not even she looks like she wanted her picture taken.  Poor girl probably thought it was another one of those Eugenics purist assholes taking unsolicited pictures of her to demonstrate what "impure genetics" looks like.

To be fair, I don't think I'd appreciate someone just randomly snapping pics of me.

xgftTuq.png

Well...  You'll find out soon enough.  As in, pretty much in the next two portions of this Report.

C1Q3qnp.png

Holy crap, I can actually see the cel shading on you really clearly in this shot!

I've actually seen what this cell-shading looks like without the rest of the model... it's terrifying.  Pretty much looks like something out of SCP.

xwrh33u.png

Well, given that the "usual troops" are typically something along the lines of either this:

jj0HwyZ.png

Or this:

DTwJkrX.png

Or even this:

24DesTH.png

I'd say anything other than "normal" is a compliment at this point.

5NyZyvh.png

She then throws her pen in the air...

FyrkoZn.png

...  And catches it without looking.

That's nowhere near as cool as the way Revolver Ocelot plays Russian Roulette... and yes, I described a deadly game of chance as "cool".

oDSFIly.png

Can you please hold it off for another ten seconds at least?  I don't think I could take it...

Spoiler

Sex jokes aren't that juvenile, dammit!

YFfJaUw.png

And the first batch of interviews are with...

LvATkpp.png

Largo and Rosie!

Yeah, Largo, don't let her interview you!  She's only here to write a bunch of smut and other such nonsense while glorifying the living hell out of Welkin.

Vcmw3qV.png

Don't tempt him, Rosie!

Though she is right...  But who is she referring to when she says "some rich kid"?  Welkin certainly ain't rich.  Is she just saying "rich kid" in a general sense or might she be referring to General Matt Damon?

jj0HwyZ.png

Because even he ought to see how much more interesting you guys are.  He'd probably claim that he's a relative of yours.

o28S1lS.png

Is it just me, or does Ellet always seem prioritize guys first?

Granted, I do think Largo would be an interesting interview topic, but Rosie's interesting as well!

uaYSKOy.png

Look at how proud he looks!

He loves his job.

C3GFivr.png

Because he's not a coward, that's why, Ms. Ellet!

WkLHKzA.png

Elle, eh?  He's referring to Eleanor Varrot, the Cap'n.  Like I've said, they got history.

nDZM51Z.png

"Some details" my ass!  You're trying to see if they banged, aren't you, you smut writing psychopath!

Wnd8c3k.png

Yeah, you tell her, Largo!

There are way more interesting stories you could tell.  Maybe stuff that involved vegetables, perhaps?

TeszypA.png

Yeah, be the better man.  Don't get involved in that nonsense!

xu1ZRjJ.png

So he leaves Rosie behind to fend for herself while this vicious lioness continues her attack.

NcLgWgK.png

In spite of the name, Rosie doesn't really strike me as the type to collect flowers and skip around in flower beds.

m4zZtr1.png

No wonder she seems rugged.

There's a show I always watch on Sundays with my gramps that's all about shitty bars...  And the people involved with these bars - be it the employees or customers - are almost always assholes.

I'd imagine she probably went to one of these dives...

ZnqgOuA.png

and was likely the only reason people would go to them.

So yes, that's Rosie's big non-combat occupation; singing.  Definitely not a bad gig.  My great grandpa was a baritone singer after World War 2, and I know this because my grandmother often tells me about it...  Incidentally, I'm a baritone as well.  Though lately I've used my beautiful baritone voice and four years of high school choir teaching to sing along to such classics as System of a Down or Iron Maiden in the car with an angry voice.

Spoiler

It's actually a great stress reliever, and I rejoice in the confusion and abject terror it brings to other drivers when I contort my face whilst taking on awful-sounding voices.  Everyone in my town sucks at driving, so it more than balances out in the end.

CF8VuvB.pngNcJmXkC.png

Ha ha, get it?  'Cuz roses have thorns n' stuff?  Please tell her to stuff it, Rosie.

7rB6VKo.png

Ooooooooohhhhhh!

She's a racist.

She's just like Oboro!

Also...  Remember when I told you guys that "darkies" was a racial slur for Darcsens?  Yeah, well...  I might have gotten that confused and actually told you a real-life racial slur...  I really didn't mean any offense, I swear.  All these racial slurs just sound the same to me.

Anyway, you know what this means?  It means she's most certainly not gonna experience something that'll cause her to leave behind her prejudices and embrace people's differences, especially not with her being one of the main characters and having to work with a Darcsen.  I think you might already be able to predict why I like this character.

0KfthaA.png

Are you kiddin' me?  I could gab all day about Ms. Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer and how she murdered three imperials already.

eNHYR7S.png

Really now?  So do you lose health when you're near a Darcsen?  Is that your Hidden Potential???

Man, it's a really good thing I'm not using her, 'cuz I plan to utilize Team Darcsen as much as possible.

g0k3jgT.png

So Rosie is so disgusted by that topic that she leaves, and we get to hear more of Ms. Ellet's mad ramblings.  Jeez, lady, you really are a sociopath.  You don't actually care about helping her with her problem; you just wanna get as much dirt on her as possible.

IZhuEYY.png

They're human beings, Ellet.  Flesh and blood, just like you.

oAEPZl9.png

Her next victim... is the esteemed Isara Gunther.

chzHZCS.png

Boo?  Really?

giphy.gif

Oh man, she looks so spooked...

I just love how uncanny her response to Ellet's attempt to startle her is.  She just calmly turns around and replies:

9WrmEU7.png

It's like she's some emotionless killer doll, and she's just set her sights on Ellet.

IiPjLRT.png

Afraid?  You should be...

35kO5jO.png

Aside from all the aliens that have been secretly spying on us from their spacecraft?  Nah, not really.

6zUNtmz.png

Isara's havin' none of your shi-

wQnqeAT.png

Oh...

ikfXBOD.png

I'm sure if you kicked him hard enough in the balls...

Though then again, he might disown you, and given that you're a Darcsen, you probably need all the family and support you can get.

TbgwZCb.png

What, does the word not exist in this world?  Do you not comprehend the concept of flying?

0FjZi6D.pngN4gZtBs.png

Did I...

Did I just stumble upon freakin' Lute?  :Lute::Lute::Lute:

That explains everything.  No wonder she's Ms. Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer!  The only mortal capable of such feats as Isara has performed would be Ms. Superior herself.  So now she's Ms. Superior Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer.  Actually, scratch the "Ms." part, 'cuz she's a Corporal!

Her title is only gonna get worse from here, isn't it?

cvQ3LtB.pngkANjInx.png

Typical smut questions...

fZbFheF.png

Objectively speaking, he is woefully unqualified to lead about 20 people with varying degrees of warfare experience to fight against a technologically superior army.

mvYXtOM.png

Is he a dog to you, Isara?  Why are you describing him as loyal?

BYMJ2Rr.pngqG2pcQ5.png

Okay, honestly at first I thought this implied that she had incestuous feelings for him, what with her blushing and all, but now...

Screw it, you know what?  I've already been bastardizing the characters in this game enough with the narrative in this LP, and this is a Fire Emblem forum!  There is literally a game in the franchise where you can marry your character to their adoptive sibilings.  So fuck it, I'm gonna fully embrace the idea that Isara is withholding a huge crush on Welkin, and I don't care how inaccurate that actually is.  Just like a couple thousand people on tumblr and Deviant Art, probably.

nFe8vrc.png

Though don't expect me to do sex jokes about her; I'd feel dirty for doing so.  Remember that she's sixteen years old.

hCSC9ch.png

She means that...

Ms. Ellet, maybe you aren't a psychopath, but instead you're just really dumb.

You do know that people have been trying to fly since the days of Da Vinci, right?

So finally, she decides to waste Welkin's time.

Zrq8ALS.png

Well, it's either working hard or hardly working.  There isn't a halfway point when there's a war going on now, is there?

84JwSUZ.png

A N G E R Y u5nzPDg.png

She's still jelly.

Trust me, Alicia, you don't want to be interviewed.  Be grateful that she's glossing over you.

Actually, Ellet does ask Alicia some questions, but...

w766jI9.pngXBPs7gW.png

She's still gonna make it all about Welkin.

YmCc6nn.png

For one thing, Ms. Ellet, how do you know Alicia doesn't have an interesting past?  I mean, as of yet, we've never actually met her family; they could be historical figures or something cool like that.  And while I know what her non-war occupation is, you don't.  You might find that interesting.

Secondly, again Alicia, you should consider it a blessing in disguise that she's not interested in you.  She runs around, trying to gather as much dirt on people as possible so that she can write a bunch of smut articles.  She even had the gall to try to bring up Largo's relationship with your Captain.  You really want that?

h13Ni7F.png

"Or what he'll do next.  One time he grabbed a friggin' fence post and slashed an Imperial trooper with it!"

bcC9Wj4.png

Oh shit, she's gonna go for that nasty crap anyway!

Jc62KQs.png

Really now? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

em5OAFa.png

Welkin's really bad at auto-fellatio, trust me.  You'll be disappointed by how humble he is.  I think.

GUnAGci.png

*Cue sitcom laugh track and Alicia going "that's our Welkin for you!"*

BU5dHwu.png

I mean, it isn't the most surprising thing he's done...

If I saw a crazy looking bug, I'd be distracted.  Though... probably for different reasons.

EnUWovl.png

Gee, lady, didn't anyone tell you that it's rude to point at people, especially if you're talking to them?

HfQm7EL.png

Boo!  Boring answer!  Let's move on to see what Isara the Killer thinks about the opportunity to murder more people, especially the racist dirtbags who dare insult her body odor.

XmU8SOV.png

Once again, even Welkin doesn't find himself interesting.

For real, though, people have this odd fixation with celebrity families.  It's like if you're the daughter of Bill Gates, you get all this pathos and authority and people expect you to perform close to as great of achievements as your father.  What I like about Welkin is that he doesn't even want any of it.  I mean he doesn't rebel against his responsibility and refuse to take command, but all he wants is to do in the end is just return to his home to look at bugs and fish all day.  He's just fighting to reclaim his own peaceful life, not to claim glory or for the love of killing.

a5ZjWKw.pngeOnWK9j.png9PdHeCa.png

I mean...  That's a nice sentiment, but the people who spit on your adoptive sister were also raised by people who wanted to pass on "what they think is right".  Not knocking the ideal, but if you really want kids to grow up well, you should teach them to approach issues and moral dilemmas with a critical mind while also trying to instill in them some basic morals (like "don't actively try to kill people" or "don't steal" and all that).  And above all else, you should love them, at least if they're your kid.  Don't try to pursue any kind of relationship with a kid unless A) it's platonic and B) you have permission from their current caretaker(s).

Though regardless, it would be nice to have the ability to even choose how you'll pass things along to future generations.

Anyway, Ellet is satisfied with today's smut-writing session and let's leave of Welkin.

CvFJUV3.png

I actually kinda want to see what the hell kind of insect it is.  Is it a beetle?  A flying ant?  A giant ant?  How about a Cazador or a Stingwing?  If it's either one of the last two options, I'm ending the LP right now.

Hk0SLtd.png

Entertaining?  Probably.

Unpredictable?  Absolutely not.  You only don't expect it because you've only talked to him for, like, a minute.  Alicia's already grown accustomed to it.

Actually, I don't think she has.

hJycw6a.png

Who the hell would you interview?  The 1st Platoon?  They're as lame as lame can get, girl.  And don't even bother going to anyone else.  Especially not General Tubby and Pompous.

v1ayuOk.png

Yes, I do mind very much.  Please don-

n6hjxDG.pngKHytJ7e.png

I'm just gonna respond with this picture.

aO05T7X.png

Spoiler

For the record, I don't hate Ellet or want her to go away in spite of my tone with her.

I just think it'd be funner to make her out to be this psychotic, sociopathic journalist because... honestly, she kinda is a little crazy.

Edited by Ertrick36

Sorry about starting that breasts discussion. I could not help myself bringing it up because it is something I noticed, haha. It is just fanservice in the end.

Anyway. I do not hate Ellet either. I think they did a good job at portraying a tabloid journalist. They HAVE to be that annoying to get anything. I mean, if you feel annoyed then I guess her character is working because you feel uncomfortable like you are the one being interviewed. Thank god that cannot happen to me ever :D

Honestly, I feel like Welks is sometimes just THAT good of an actor with his nature distractions ;)

Hm. I know the Galian military is short of people but it is still interesting they freely allow racists in there without the fear of internal conflict. Some of the Darcsen haters might as well open fire but then I guess that is what differentiates from the super evil Empire!

Why did I read this:
9WrmEU7.png
In Hannibal Lecter's voice? D:

lmao, this is cool :D
YmCc6nn.png
That is the reaction when tactics go wrong for unlucky reasons :D

2 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Man Isara really has a long title, have we yet to mention she's voiced by Laura Bailey? So we can add time-traveling heroine to that list

Shit, how did I not notice that?

Now I have to do the entire LP all over again just so I can compare her not only to Lute, but to Lucina as well.  What a train wreck we have become!

4 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Sorry about starting that breasts discussion. I could not help myself bringing it up because it is something I noticed, haha. It is just fanservice in the end.

Anyway. I do not hate Ellet either. I think they did a good job at portraying a tabloid journalist. They HAVE to be that annoying to get anything. I mean, if you feel annoyed then I guess her character is working because you feel uncomfortable like you are the one being interviewed. Thank god that cannot happen to me ever :D

Honestly, I feel like Welks is sometimes just THAT good of an actor with his nature distractions ;)

Hm. I know the Galian military is short of people but it is still interesting they freely allow racists in there without the fear of internal conflict. Some of the Darcsen haters might as well open fire but then I guess that is what differentiates from the super evil Empire!

- It is indeed fanservice.  And I wouldn't worry about it.  Like I said, I simply don't care all that much, but I know there are others who care very much about it one way or the other simply because that's just the way the world works.  I wanted to address that and ask people to maybe try to see beyond that, even if I might make jokes about it all the time.

- Characters like Ellet do make me glad I'm not a celebrity.  I can relate to Welkin in that anything I do is mostly due to intrinsic motivation rather than a desire for fame and fortune.  But Ellet is amusing simply because she goes out of her way to put herself in potential danger just to see if Welkin and Alicia were childhood sweethearts.

I really wanna know how a bug could be "crazy looking" by Welkin's standards, though...

- I'd say it's the same reason that Hoshido would let Oboro serve in the military while also letting former Nohrian soldiers and a royal who grew up with Nohrian royalty in their ranks, the Griel Mercs let Soren join when they're also willing to fight alongside Laguz, or the militaries of the real world let people who might have prejudices against their fellow service-people join.  I think the Vietnam and Korean Wars proved that having these people rely on those they're prejudiced against to keep them alive is a really great way to have someone get over their prejudices.  And it's why I always have Oboro support at least Corrin or Benny instead of just Takumi.

5 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Why did I read this:

In Hannibal Lecter's voice? D:

I'm so glad I could make her out to be such a horrifying character :D

5 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

That is the reaction when tactics go wrong for unlucky reasons

And this is a reaction I'll be using throughout the rest of the game, along with the picture of Alicia slumped over in disappointment.

Without further delay, let's begin the next Spec Op, Operation Burst the Goddamn Cloud.

Chapter 4-1: A N G E R Y Soldiers, Lute and Welks's Idea, and Welkies Finally Uses the Plot Item (Intro Scene)

Spoiler

gFc8b6E.png

Our next operation, and finale to our first mission.  What, you thought we'd be spending a long time on this bridge?  Heh...  You sweet summer child...

Gsr5Xpc.png

Oh, you flatter me!  It was all in a day's work.  Can we have a break now?  I need to go have tea with Mizz Stijnen.

aG02EJV.png

Bring it on!  Isara's ready to kill!

oUEp58L.png

Yeah, it's like you said; we'd be more help than Damon's forces!

Actually... this is starting to sound like a horrible idea.  I don't know if you know this, but there are a lot of dudes on that bridge...

oB8YJCN.png

Yeah, let's at least get some fodder units to help us!

HyAjqAP.png

What a way to not directly answer the question, Varrot!

gSmKx0m.png

Pretty much sounds like it!

This is basically the good General's feelings about our Militia in a nutshell.  Even when we prove to be extremely useful, he'll still try to throw us to the wolves because he just hates us that much.  I guess we really are "Kids With Guns" to him, aren't we?

pqenQ1g.pngW1RqBch.png

That... doesn't really help our situation.

Also, if that's the case, how does it magically not apply to the Central Forces?  They're given the easy operations and get to hog all the glory.  This is the most unfair situation ever for us.

34GpO7s.pngJXf2YCi.png

Yeah... it really is, isn't it?

VmfnnDH.png

!

He's here to save the day!  ヽRGaYS2c.png

tivXLnL.png

Nevermind!

I5rWS6d.png

"Whatever it is, can it wait?  Welkin needs to see if the fish in the river are swimming up river or some shit... ah, fuck it, go ahead!"

pMuUMBU.png

Yeah, gawl!

DtDBna2.png

She sounds so... stern when she asks this question.  Punch her in the face, Cap'n!  Do et!

HDNrX8W.png

Well... when you put a racist alongside someone of the race that they're racist against, that tends to happen.

ZFLIE6D.pngCeDqb1a.png

aO05T7X.png

ufyB5aR.png

Oh look, I found a new reaction!

SeMFiFH.pngEk9oX0N.png

He's the kind of dude who'd think that letting a skinhead scream at an old Jewish fella is a good thing and a learning experience for both of them, isn't he?

Rosie's probably saying all kinds of racist crap while Isara has to take it, and you think that will bring them closer together?  You do realize that if Isara has to suffer Rosie's tirades for another minute, she will hop into the Edelweiss and fire a 52mm shell right into Rosie's chest, right?

tLrE02A.png

Once more, with feeling!

miipEfX.png

There you go!

sIcXcVR.png

Too much feeling!  Dial it back before you get reprimanded!

m5QVzIW.png

Oh, wait... that's right.  This is Welkin, the guy who, as of yet, has never gotten angry.  There's, like... one moment where he gets angry.

He then runs off after Alicia, while...

bwl7600.pngyCDLmLm.png

Yeah, I guess...  I just hope it doesn't actually turn violent.

IzJaGUD.png

Oh...  Well, Mar-a-Largo at least is pretty chill.  What about-

th3lQK3.png

Holy shit, they're both ANGERY!

yITX7T1.png

Look at those glares, man!

fLgcvvO.png

Rauhnfh.png

XoOhY08.png

Not even Corporal Superior Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer the Post Apocalyptic Time Travelling Exalt of Ylisse is impressed.

Spoiler

I added "Post Apocalyptic" because Bailey also lent her talent to Fallout New Vegas...

AnNznh8.png

Listen, Rosie...  As much as I love ya, your achievements don't even compare to those of Isara.  I mean, do you have a title that could only compare to that of an African dictator who loves memes?

GYQBXEX.pngZbb11tD.png

Correction: she'll blow the enemy up.  Though I understand the confusion, especially after witnessing this:

giphy.gif

And again with the "stink" thing!  I'm sure she smells just fine, honestly.  Probably like blueberries or grapes or something sweet like that...

03zV8tK.png

I'd imagine that what Rosie hears when Isara says she's a human being is the equivalent to what I hear when Tommy Wiseau tries to equate himself to humans.  We're all human beans, Mark!

Wf1jVjI.png

"Oh, really?  Crap, I'm sorry, Isara...  It was all just a big misunderstanding!"

... is what she would say if she was a rational individual who remembers the three C's.

tfgMVYn.png

Compared to Isara, you've got about the intelligence of a single-celled organism.  So yes, she's calling you stupid.  Also, doesn't you replying in this manner suggest that you might not fully believe the Darcsen Calamity myths either?

HVKcj2z.png

Of course, Welkin goes to push Rosie away, because the other option would lead to death and eternal torment in the afterlife for him.

NKrPGFv.png

Shut up, Largo, you aren't even racist!

ucZx199.png

Well...  That position I actually understand much better.  But we've been over that before...

zsNjuyj.png

Wait, you already have a rebuttal?

wqBi7H5.pngQAGqnYA.png

Damn, Welks, where were you hiding your balls?!

8U9YJwQ.pnguHJRXkG.png

Not necessarily a bad leader...

I'll tell you one thing; any vegetable farms are basically as safe as kittens in a bomb shelter under his leadership.

6JhdIj4.png

When did Welkin get so bold all of a sudden?

I mean, yeah, he used a fence post to kill a guy armed with a rifle, but he never really... asserted himself at all.

lLwrF0k.png

*Me when I look back at all my posts from 2013 in self-loathing passion*

BuQpDVH.png

*Isara when Rosie tries to cross her*

Also gotta love how those letters fit perfectly over his lips.

5x8xdI4.pngaFPMtbw.png

Look at that dumb grin on Welkin's face in the second picture.  He doesn't have a care in the world.

RpJ2kmP.png

Right, so sometimes when going through the story, you'll encounter "Sub-Episodes" denoted by the asterisk symbol on them.  They "aren't necessary", but neither are the Reports, yet I did one of those, so we'll be doing this, too.

So later that day, Welkin just sort of... wanders along the coastline, when Alicia and Is come after him.

z3tHDp8.png

Uh...  Our imminent deaths?  Guaranteed failure around every corner?

jEUrwgY.png

Or that.

Gee, why are there so many shots of Alicia being angry in this chapter?  I swear she isn't always like this.  I mean, she might be in the anime, but not in this game.

fOQcqhL.png

"I should've just killed her on the spot instead, and issued a warning to Largo.  Would've been easier than dealing with that racist PoS, tbh."

9r8XEs4.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, a war tends to do that.

IsYDSUm.png

Welkin, you no longer have an authority on that subject after suggesting that you should just let Rosie and Isara just fight it out.  You were basically throwing Rosie to the wolves there.

qTPZG12.png

Yeah, that's the million dollar question, isn't it?  If only there was a way to cause that bridge to drop all those soldiers and tanks into the river.

xhAGeGB.png

Do you even have a plan?!

Listen, everyone...  Gambling is tricky business, okay?  Never make a wager unless you either have a safety net to fall back on in case worse comes to worst, or you have a plan for achieving victory.  Otherwise, you're not that much better off than if you started smoking meth.  Meth is a serious issue in the state I live in.

BleiuuL.png

???

SB4fhPZ.png

?????????????

hl2vtFY.png

Did I just find another reaction pic?  I could see this working for times when I might be planning to do something really stupid, or after I already did something stupid.

Also, don't expect us to learn any actual details about this plan until the next scene comes around...

Which is right now!

lMg2qY8.png

I'm with you, Largo.  Even I'm curious!

XcquDpZ.png

...  Is that how you're gonna start divulging your great "plan"?

c9bo6x0.png

Just listen to how confident your team members sound already!  They're talking about suicide!

UwhewPs.pnghE74CMA.png

Why is this invoking memories of Awakening?  Are we gonna light some boats on fire and crash them into the enemy?  Are you secretly Robin?

xDzN4zN.png

Well...  A surprise attack seems like a good idea, actually.  Especially if we can bypass the entire bridge and get to the bridge controls!

PzNPuug.png

Well, actually...

It kind of is a game to me.  Like, it's literally a game.  You dying has no impact on my life whatsoever aside from maybe making me stressed out or slightly sad.

eevEC8g.png

Actually...  There's a lot I can do without the Edelweiss.  Hell, Largo, you yourself are an anti-tank unit!  Alicia can spot for enemies, Rosie could be your anti-infantry muscle... and Isara can just murder everything.

Though it would be admittedly more difficult without a tank, so I'll humor you for now...

2aTPgzH.png8Mn6ppM.png

That's right, our dear Corporal Lute-cina just made a fucking submersible tank!  Yes, really.  We're actually doing this!

Though a few minutes...  I assume she made it so that the people in the tank can actually breathe?

kBfCzkq.png

Oh yeah, that's right.

Well, Welkin, I guess your plan is a bust.  Better hand your position over to Mar-a-Lar-

NqTzQHe.pngHcgGD4S.pngwADh7oS.png

So...  I remember when someone criticized this dialogue:

AZZSZoq.png

and while I agree that archeology is a science in spite of what Google Chrome's shitty dictionary might have to say otherwise, I do think that Welkin must've studied just general science if he's able to figure all of this out.  Either that, or Isara gave him pointers.

Uo0QF0r.png

Alicia just became a plan-expositor.

Also, you're gonna laugh when you see just how well guarded the shore is.

AOKVUW8.png

Welkin gets to use the plot item?!  Who would've thought?

ChwnKDb.png

Either literally or metaphorically.  What a funny phrase that is.

UEftxTj.png

So we cut to this scene where there are...  Yeah, not even enough to constitute a freakin' fireteam.  Just two dudes stand between a whole army that might be half-inclined to cross the river via boats.

To be fair, they're probably only there to simply watch for the enemy...  But if that's the case, then why aren't they scouts?  This is both too much firepower and not enough!

rBjBZbA.png

Gee guys, I wonder what it could be...

atnHaZF.png87vn5CC.png

Okay, could you imagine just walking along the coast one foggy morning and then just suddenly, out of nowhere, a fucking tank comes out of the water and starts coming for you?

KTCvnuz.pngfsFEAcg.png

Good lord, I think the tank just flattened them!  I don't even see anything left of them!

Isara's called Corporal Superior Cold Blooded Overachieving Worldwide Tank Driving Killer the Post Apocalyptic Time Travelling Exalt of Ylisse for a reason, man!  Actually, for a bunch of reasons, not least of all me being absolutely insane.

d5Z2Rgh.png

Did he actually have to hold his breath?  Or is he just relieved that he actually got to the other side?

PWMNdPl.png

Uh... yeah, I've noticed!  It's honestly a miracle one could even get a tank to go under water in the first place.  Isara deserves at least five gold-star stickers after this.

giphy.gif

[You have used a plot item]

[A plot item has been removed from your inventory]

Actually, I don't think he gets rid of it, but I also don't think it ever shows up again, so it may as well have been removed from the Militia inventory.

And with that, the mission officially starts...

Next time.

10 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

He's the kind of dude who'd think that letting a skinhead scream at an old Jewish fella is a good thing and a learning experience for both of them

Good gosh. Noted that I should not check this LP while drinking tea... lmao

Shut up, Largo, you aren't even racist!

lmao, yeah. I always found this a bit iffy in the scene. I know Largo is best buddies with Rosie and is probably just covering her back but... Most of the time Largo looks like someone who is capable of forming his own opinions but not here. It is like he is only siding with Rosie on this matter because it is Rosie. I think it is a bit confusing regardless. I... do not think this comes up ever again? Largo just goes back to being chill. I do not remember every single scene though.

I mean, she might be in the anime, but not in this game.

Spoiler

OGrKdUh.jpg