There's a bakery that makes internet trolls eat their words. Seriously.

Dragoncat

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/people-are-sending-their-haters-troll-cakes-and-its?utm_term=.da71Va0wM6#.bnBWEMJ47B

I laughed for 10 minutes. I had an idiot tell me "are you an ugly man or an ugly woman? don't want to get it wrong and offend you" once. Man, if I still had access to that comment...I'd totally do this. But I'd also need money. And I'm broke.

Thoughts?

Edited by Dragoncat

lol wow, that's pretty hilarious. XD

And I remember that comment you got. It's still one of the most wtf things I've ever seen someone say. Not only is it rude and offensive, it doesn't even make sense. He doesn't want to offend you, but calls you ugly in the same sentence. Just...what the hell.

Edited by Anacybele

Welcome to planet Earth, where humanity does stupid shit like this and it's hilarious and i want a free cake, damn it.

This gives me an excuse to be the biggest asshole on the Internet.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He doesn't want to offend you, but calls you ugly in the same sentence. Just...what the hell.

I get the impression that part was sarcasm. Just a hunch.

Surely a more effective way to get back at trolls would be to use hired thugs.

Edited by Shuuda

25 minutes ago, Shuuda said:

Surely a more effective way to get back at trolls would be to use hired thugs.

Or hitmen if one takes the troll way too seriously.

41 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

a great way to get back at somebody for being an ass is to be an ass yourself, such class

maybe I might get a free cake

I don't think this is going to help anybody

I think it's hilarious. I never said it would help anybody.

8 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Does the cake have laxatives in it? lol

Tbh this just makes me want to be a jerk to everyone just so I can get free cake. 

Because, cake.

Omg yes, put laxatives in it. Also omg yes, free cake xD

Isn't eating things from an unknown source a bad idea?  But let's say that someone throws all common sense out the window, and the following happens:

1. Troll says something stupid.
2. Someone gets troll a Troll Cake.
3. Troll eats it.
4. Troll is violently allergic to something in the cake (anything from wheat to some obscure preservative in the frosting).

I wonder how the liability would pan out on that one.

Just now, eclipse said:

Isn't eating things from an unknown source a bad idea?  But let's say that someone throws all common sense out the window, and the following happens:

1. Troll says something stupid.
2. Someone gets troll a Troll Cake.
3. Troll eats it.
4. Troll is violently allergic to something in the cake (anything from wheat to some obscure preservative in the frosting).

I wonder how the liability would pan out on that one.

The site says the cakes don't have nuts in them, but idk about wheat...

Nobody says the troll has to eat it though. I mean if I got one, I'd honestly feel guilty for being an ass and go apologize to the person I was an ass to. We can joke about "I'm going to be an ass so I get free cake" all we want, but seriously...who would even eat a cake from an unknown source?

Just now, Dragoncat said:

The site says the cakes don't have nuts in them, but idk about wheat...

Nobody says the troll has to eat it though. I mean if I got one, I'd honestly feel guilty for being an ass and go apologize to the person I was an ass to. We can joke about "I'm going to be an ass so I get free cake" all we want, but seriously...who would even eat a cake from an unknown source?

Food allergies are BIG.  Besides wheat, another common cake ingredient is eggs, and by extension, soy.  If the frosting is buttercream, then there's dairy to consider, as well as the various food dyes.  If it's a bakery, then nuts is another possibility via cross-contamination.

If people are shitty enough to make some of the comments I've seen around the Internet, then I can see at least a fraction of them being shitty enough to do so for a free cake.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Food allergies are BIG.  Besides wheat, another common cake ingredient is eggs, and by extension, soy.  If the frosting is buttercream, then there's dairy to consider, as well as the various food dyes.  If it's a bakery, then nuts is another possibility via cross-contamination.

If people are shitty enough to make some of the comments I've seen around the Internet, then I can see at least a fraction of them being shitty enough to do so for a free cake.

1: Yeah. Maybe instead of cakes, there should be a company that makes like, fancy wall art/plaques with the troll comments? That way food allergies wouldn't be an issue. But yeah, I can see there being a big lawsuit if a troll got sick from a troll cake. Or worse. And then the bakery would go out of business. But it hasn't happened yet, so for now, we can just appreciate this unique and funny idea.

2: Sadly, I can't argue with that...

Another thing to consider though: Say somebody had a bad food allergy to a common cake ingredient. If they were smart they wouldn't eat it anyway, because they don't know if it will be safe for them. Plus it came from an unknown source. Idk, maybe the bakery prints the ingredients on the box for legal reasons?

Edited by Dragoncat

• 1 month later...