Fire Emblem Confessions

Lau

Okay, so I'm not sure if there's a thread like this, I can't find it, so why not start another one?

So the point of this is to confess your secrets related to Fire Emblem, just a fun little thing, really.

I confess that, even though I'm a massive Marth fan and willing to defend his games, I've never actually played them outside of SD's prologue. However, I have seen LPs of them, so I know what happens. I just haven't had the time to play them.

I play on Phoenix mode in Fates. It just got me through the game quicker, and, well, it's Fates.

When I first played Blazing Blade, I was aiming to pair up Eliwood and Ninian and Hector and Lyn. I didn't realise that you could only have one A-support per unit, and I'd already gotten Eliwood and Hector's A support. I was at chapter 22 and I was like, screw it, and restarted the entire game. Worth it.

So what about you guys?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE7 was my second game in the series to play at age ~12. Did not finish it until I was 22. The reason is because a certain character's death late in the game had me so distraught I didn't want to continue. Had I known how the game ends, I probably would have finished it.

In my first playthrough of Conquest I dropped from Hard to Normal. The Wind Tribe village killed me, and I knew I had two other versions to go through and didn't want to waste time.

I had a brief crush on Illyana as a teen. Hey, we all go through phases.

I didn't put together who Odin was when I first recruited him in Conquest. I've never recruited most of the Awakening kids, even to this day, so I thought he was new and totally fresh. Then I smelt something was off after recruiting Selena.

I have a bunch of reasons why I don't think Fire Emblem Warriors will meet my standards, and none are compelling enough for me not to buy the game. I blame the Switch for being such a cool console.

Before finding this site, I was convinced Eliwood was Roy from Melee.

The reason I got into non-Tellius games was because I was prepared to mock Proton Jon for not knowing anything about Ike other than the memes despite Ike being his Smash main, and then I realised the same applied to me and Roy.

I play on Casual in Echoes and don't see myself going back to Classic. Resetting on permadeath was never fun.

For a fan of Jugdral, I've certainly never seen the plot of either game repeatedly. I wouldn't say it's Archanea or Modern bad, but it's close.

I played Shadow Dragon with cheats that made each combat round produce a perfect level. Never actually beat it, though- and the file is gone.

For all the slights on the Modern fanbase I condone, I don't think I'm much different- I just point my affections on a class basis, probably because the character archetype that tends to be a pegasus knight is one I enjoy. Ironically, Jugdral is one of the continents I don't have a pegasus waifu from.

I have no qualms about incest whatsoever. Before you try to turn that one on me, my sisters are all quite a bit younger, and also completely intolerable.

I've only actually beat Blazing Blade once. Granted, it being the hardest one to All-Girls (so far- I've got the SFC titles coming up) probably impacted that, but I blame the item management system.

My first playthrough of FE4 was in complete Japanese. I didn't know how to apply english patches, back then.

I actually never tried Ephraim route before. I did read what happens in it from the wiki though.

I never tried 10B and 11B from FE6, because I liked Echidna and I didn't want a less awesome Gonzales.

I used to believe that FE3 Marth was a girl. It didn't help that he was wearing what looked like a skirt, and no pants. Same case with Azel and Midir (the latter is usually mistaken as female though so....), and it was their manly scream when they died that made me realize they were male.

I used to thought that Fire Emblem was spelled and pronounced as Fireemblem, due to the fact that the Rom File's name for FE4 was spelled like that.

Before I came to know about this site, I used to think that FE3, 4, 5, and 7 were the only FE games to exist.

8 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I used to believe that FE3 Marth was a girl. It didn't help that he was wearing what looked like a skirt, and no pants. Same case with Azel and Midir (the latter is usually mistaken as female though so....), and it was their manly scream when they died that made me realize they were male.

I had the same with Dew. Also, playing FE3 myself, Marth's double attack is so timid...

I've never been able to get attached to many Fire Emblem characters outside of their abilities as units.

That being said, I'm a huge sucker for tanky armored units (because I hate relying on the RNG for evasion) and even more so for axe-wielding infantry, especially Brigands/Barbarians (which IS tends to be very stingy with, natch).

Heck, half of the reasons I would consider Sheena from Mystery of the Emblem/Heroes my one-and-only Fire Emblem waifu have to do with her being an armored unit who wields axes.  Other favorites of mine include Marty, Gonzalez, and Rinkah.

I legit fell for Masked Marth being who they said they were. I considered Marth somewhat effeminate at the time, though hindsight makes me cringe st that.

I've gotten used to Casual for a first playthrough, barring Echoes where except for Duma's Tower and Nuibaba's abode I never had fallen too low on turnwheel uses so it was fine. I also still like canon classes for the villagers, though I'm lost as to what Atlas and Faye default as.

I'm usually not interested in playing the highest difficulties, probably for similar reasons to most people who play those difficulties.

I have to confess that Tharja is not as disliked by me at present and I never really disliked Faye. Peri's still a personal bugbear though.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

I confess that, when I saw the trailers for Fire Emblem Fates, I actually thought the story was going to be good.

I'm sure many of us did.

That was before we saw how bad the writing really was

When I first saw Marth in Brawl, I thought he was a girl, though I figured it out soon enough.

In my first playthough of Awakening, I knew Tharja and Gaius were playable, but I didn't know how to recruit them, and killed them as enemies. I was thinking that they would be able to be found at a later time...

Similarly, I played through Laurent's paralogue without even knowing he was in it, nor how to recruit him.

In Shadow Dragon, I lost Navarre, Jeigan, and so, so many more, but not enough to get the paralogue units.

Also in Shadow Dragon, I wasn't able to get Starlight, so I just stopped playing at that chapter and still haven't beaten it. (I was borrowing the game as well, so I doubt I'll ever finish it.)

6 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

My first playthrough of FE4 was in complete Japanese. I didn't know how to apply english patches, back then.

Same, except in my case, it was FE6. And i actually played several playthroughs of FE6, completely in Japanese, before finding out how to apply English patches about a year later.

Awakening was my first Fire Emblem. But that's not the confession. The confession was that my first playthrough of it was an Iron Man run. I didn't think reseting was a viable option. I had to restart the whole game at Ch.6 because everyone died.

On my first playthrough of Blazing Blade, Hector had worse aim than Darkness (Konosuba character). By Endgame, Hector was only a Lv.7 Lord who got one-shot by everything.

Despite me using Sophia in every Binding Blade playthrough, i actually didn't use her on my first playthrough.

Despite me training Est-type characters (except Corple), i don't really use Est herself.

I always promote ASAP as opposed to waiting until Lv.20.

The first time I played through awakening, the units with the most kills were a married pair of Kellam and Coredelia.

The first time I ever played Path of Radiance, my sister asked me to kill off Soren because she considered him racist. I wasn't using him anyway....

I had a Path of Radiance playthrough where I committed to using all three generals.

I legitimately thought that armor slayers were bad due to their weight for like my first 4 fire emblems. 

I played the series in the order. 8>9>13>7>10>11>12>5>3>4>1>2>14Con>14Rev>14Bir>SoV

During my first playthrough of Conquest I went to endgame with an unpromoted Elise because I thought if I promoted her she would lose her healing ability, I shake my head in disappointment every time I look back on that playthrough.

I killed Vaida in her recruitment chapter because I didn't know how to recruit her, that and Vaida and her pack of Wyvern Riders were near my Merlinus and Priscilla when they appeared.

I used to do my very best to recruit everyone always because I'd feel guilty otherwise.

Now? If I know I'm not going to use the character and I have to put myself in a compromising situation or it's just not worth it, your ass is grass. A good guy dying in the crossfire only adds to the tragedy of the war and honestly has added a lot to my playthroughs.

Never liked Marth. I really cant explain why other than I find him really boring. He is the typical protagonist in a fantasy game, he hits every single mark. There really is nothing that makes him interesting, nothing that makes him stand out for me. He isnt a terrible character though, just a very bland one.

I like Corrin. Sure their writing was an absolute mess, but so was everything with Fates. I still liked the concept of a very naive Lord that is going to make mistakes. I think if you took out the complete and total pandering thrown at Corrin, then the general reception of them as a lord would be different.

I dont care a ton about speed. Yes its an important stat to watch, but if a character I like is going to end up with a rather poor speed stat I am not too worried about this. Skills can patch up what they are missing, especially in regards to games like Fates.

I like Berserk Staves. I would love to see them come back along with some more status staves. We need more staff types other than healing.

I prefer branching promotions rather than 3rd tiers. 3rd Tiers dont have enough diversity to them, you end up with a lot of the same characters just with different stats. With branching promotions you can diversify your team a bit. Have a few mercs? Make one a hero, make one a bow knight. Have a few cavs? Make on a great knight, make one a paladin.

@Tolvir You wound me, friend;)

Despite a lot of people saying not to, I used Eliwood on the frontlines from start to finish, and he was my MVP. Unfortunately, Hector slayed the final boss before Eliwood could regain his bearings.

I never got involved with the whole Nohr vs Hoshido debate, I knew I was going to play all three paths, so it wasn't worth it. Though, I do prefer Nohr.

My first time playing a Fire Emblem game, being Awakening, was difficult. I thought that I should play it the right way and start on Classic. Oh boy, was I wrong. I ended up losing half my units before restarting and switching to Casual.

I have never seen a physical copy of any of the older games in my life, so...anything not on the 3DS.

I only truly started taking note of the Weapons Triangle in Heroes of all games.

I've got some more confessions:

- I didn't used to bother saving villages (especially in FE3). Later did I I realize that you can actually get items and possibly new units by saving them.

- I actually like Arden.

- And I also like the 80's hair (specifically Aideen's) most of the cast has in FE4.

- Serra was my waifu a year ago.

- I used to think Shadow Dragon was a decent game... but boy, was I disappointed (and wrong - dead wrong). To this day, it has the questionable honour of being the only Fire Emblem game I actually sold.

- Related to the above, I respected Marth more when all he had to his name was Smash Bros.

- I think both of the Jugdral FE games are among the worst games in the FE franchise.

- I'm not bothered by Faye at all (I actually like her, in fact) and I actually like Corrin.

- I confess that I thought Fates was gonna have full blown incest marriage and had already decided to marry Xander. In my defense, I was also under the impression marriage between siblings was going to be integral to the plot and would actually be a subject talked about by characters in the game, who would have varying opinions on it.

- I purposefully killed Ryoma when the game first came out because I was bitter that he kill stealed during that one chapter in the Prologue section.

- When I first played Heroes, Hinata was one of my first pulls. I thought he was a special unit (because of bias), but I soon learned that he was only popular as Fury Fodder.

- I ship Mozu with every recruitable dude in Fates. No, not all of my ships are romantic.

- When I reached Ch. 10 in Conquest, I had to put the difficulty on Easy like a noob.

- To this day, I still have not completed Birthright and I bought the game at launch.

- I bandwagon during the voting gauntlets in Heroes. I tried not to at first, but I see now that actually bothering to vote for your favorite character is a waste of time.

- I still think Conquest has the best soundtrack out of all the FE games.

- I like Avatars in FE.