Fire Emblem Confessions

Lau

I absolutely detest reclassing with a passion. (I'm ok with branching classes though)

I can't play radiant dawn without playing path of radiance first so at this point I have played both a painful number of times.

My first playthrough of sacred stones had almost my entire army killed by vigard alone, then subsequently the rest of the group fell to orson (how does a former knight of crimea who is on the brink of sanity take on a freaking manakete), I still completed the game but the death count was enormous.

I have only completed shadow dragon once and I refuse until I am given an infinite supply of elysian whips.

To follow up the previous statement, I almost always refuse to use wyvern knights, I don't even know why, but if they are an option they will be benched faster than garcia.

the sacred stones is also my favorite of the gba games, I admit that it is too easy for its own good, but I think that it has one of the best post games of the series.

I really don't like pair up.

and my signature was made for an occasion like this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me about 3 years to realize that forest tiles cost more movement to move through.

On my first Awakening playthrough (which was my first FE game) I didn't understand recruiting units. When Gaius showed up, I just killed him and moved on. Later my friend taught me about recruiting enemies, so I restarted the playthrough.

On said first FE13 playthrough, I didn't realize that units outside of Robin had multiple weapons. That means Chrom stuck with swords and Sully only had a lance.

Edited by Chconroy

-I like to play with avatars of both sexes, so having some mechanical differences between them (like access to different classes and weapons) is nice (I do not give a fiddler's fart about supports as the children in Fates are inferior to their parents and the conversations themselves and MyCastle interactions are often so terrible that the marriage system is more of a chore than anything else with the only benefit being extra chapters for gaining experience; I also lack friends for player-versus-player to matter).

-I like to give avatars stupid names (the name "Dingus" ended up being funnier than I thought it would be, but the charm of "Avatar (M)" dissipated after a while). I was even thinking of the name "Neckbeard" for Birthright, but decided against it (besides, "Weeb" or "Weeaboo" would work better, anyway).

-Using the Laguz royals in the Radiant Dawn endgame, while being the "correct" thing to do, is not nearly as fun, so I prefer to use the Beorc units. 

Edited by KoimanZX

On August 30, 2017 at 10:27 PM, KoimanZX said:

the children in Fates are inferior to their parents

I disagree with this when some of the parents are handily inferior to their kids unit wise (Arthur is the most blatant case of this, with his gimmick rendering him a huge liability, but Odin and Subaki also lose out to their respective daughters).

When I played Conquest, the first time I fought Ryoma his clothes fell off. I thought that this was part of his character and he was some kind of stripper when fighting.

I later realised that Azura had been using a Raider Naginata.

I've gotten into the habit of nicknaming various units...mostly due to Heroes.

Hector is now Hecky, the guy tanks like heck.

Tiki, particularly young Tiki, is now Tiki-Wiki.

Minerva is Minervy.

Maria is Maria-pia.

I need help.

I didn't cry at the end of Conquest unlike with Birthright. Funny considering Conquest is my preferred path out of the two.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:54 AM, Natalie said:

When I played Conquest, the first time I fought Ryoma his clothes fell off. I thought that this was part of his character and he was some kind of stripper when fighting.

I later realised that Azura had been using a Raider Naginata.

Why on earth would Azura be going face to face with Ryoma? that poor girl

1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I'm not bothered by Faye and I find her better than our other 2 yanderes.

I only survived Awakening due to pair up (it was my first game)

I like Anthony. I think this is the one that's gonna anger most people because I get so much shit for it.

Hey man, if they give you a hard time, they'll have to give me a hard time too.

Because I really like Iago.

I think the reason why I dislike Iago is unfulfilled expectations more than anything else. When I first saw him, I thought that he would surely have his own agenda, maybe even be the puppetmaster who has been manipulating King Garon all along. But nope, he's just a very smug, somewhat entertaining henchman. :/

But if this is about liking Fates villains: I think Zola is one of the best characters in Fates and still up there if you look at the whole series. The only bad thing about him is how the Nohrian Royals react to him.

On 9/2/2017 at 2:24 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I disagree with this when some of the parents are handily inferior to their kids unit wise (Arthur is the most blatant case of this, with his gimmick rendering him a huge liability, but Odin and Subaki also lose out to their respective daughters).

It varies on a case by case basis. Subaki, Odin, and Arthur all lose to their kids, but then you have Xander, Kaze, Kaden, and Corrin being superior to theirs. And then there are roughly equal cases like Silas, Benny, and Takumi.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I never liked  Nephenee. Her personality, her design and her class all bore me to tears.

Quite understandable. She is always an investment to raise, and her timid ordinary personality isn't the deepest or anything.

As for my own confessions? I don't really know if I have any. I'm that boring perhaps. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It varies on a case by case basis. Subaki, Odin, and Arthur all lose to their kids, but then you have Xander, Kaze, Kaden, and Corrin being superior to theirs. And then there are roughly equal cases like Silas, Benny, and Takumi.

I'm not sure what makes the two I bolded better than their kids, especially Kaze. And for that matter, I'm not convinced Silas is equal to his daughter, either.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Despite considering myself a big FE fan for years, I hadn't played any of the games besides 7 and 8 until after Heroes came out. With my interest in the series reignited, I have since played 4 through 13, and beaten almost all of them.

Despite considering myself "hardcore" and a "veteran," when games gave me grinding options (arenas, skirmishes, Tower of Valni, etc), I would use them almost always on my first playthrough, and quite a few times after that. Also, while I do consider myself above shipping and waifu stuff nowadays, in the past I would always pair up characters that have endings together, just because.

I also really like armored classes (except in FE4. Couldn't help but give in to the Horse Emblem).

On 8/30/2017 at 11:27 PM, KoimanZX said:

-I like to give avatars stupid names (the name "Dingus" ended up being funnier than I thought it would be

What's wrong with the name Dingus?

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'm not sure what makes the two I bolded better than their kids, especially Kaze. And for that matter, I'm not convinced Silas is equal to his daughter, either.

Midori has blah stats across the board, at least Kaze is fast- which better than being lucky or skillful. Not to mention Ninja > Apothecary. Given your critique of Arthur for being crit prone (which is valid), I know you'll bring that up. But at least Kaze has visible crit evade, a real growth in Lck, and can attack from range to avoid physical criticals. Plus he can live through 1 once-in-a-hundred-chance mage crits, and he shouldn't be tanking except in the few situations the crowd he'll be tackling is all mage.

Kaden isn't that much better than Selkie, but a little more strength and physical durability on a class that lacks these is better than overkill speed (overkill is useless in the game that nerfed dodgetanking) and even more resistance (and this is useless for a Kitsune, because Ninja can enemy phase vs. mages, a Kitsune can't due 1 range lock- and it isn't like Selkie can actually ORKO mages even then). 

As for Silas, its a tradeoff of Str and Def for Spd and Res. Now I know Silas is prone to Spd issues, and that Spd is very important thanks to doubling, so I can see why one might prefer Sophie (hence I call them roughly equal). But it isn't like Silas is Benny bad, his Spd can be salvaged, and his natural physical durability means he can enemy phase if he can remedy it (Sophie on the other hand can't be a master magetank, because Javelins can't ORKO).

Note that I'm not factoring in the mother, however minor or significant her contributions might be. There is no guarantee a kid is going to get Camilla or Hinoka and their awesome growth contributions. Nor do I consider reclass options, particularly those that'd involve E rank escaping, due to the limited quantity of reclassing seals for much of the game.

The Nintendo Direct coming up reminded me of something:

When the first trailer for Fates was shown, I thought it was a trailer for the Wii U Zelda game (which we now know as Breath of the Wild).

When I realized it was a Fire Emblem game, I instead thought it was a trailer for the Shin Megami Tensei crossover.