How much experience is there in Alm's story?

After a lot of annoyance with this game's utterly broken class system, I came up with an idea to just have fun with it and abuse the hell out of it, and I'm trying to gauge if it'll work or not. The idea is to do a Ram Village solo run of Alm's story, using only Alm and the four Ram villagers. The idea is to make Faye a cleric and the boys all mercenaries and loop them through the mercenary line before finishing them off in more diverse classes. So I'm wondering how many times, if any, I'll be able to loop the boys through the mercenary loop and still have time to make them fully promoted in their final class by the end of the game. Keep in mind the plan is to do no grinding and only be allowed to fight random battles the first time I enter a dungeon and only get to fight them on the way in and out.

If you're planning on looping them with no grinding, then you'll likely only be able to do it once and then when you promote the Ram Villagers into their more diverse classes, they may not even reach their promotion before endgame.

Edited by Armagon

it's rather impossible to quantify how much exp there is with the way it works. If I had to throw a guess though, I'd say that maybe one or 2 of the boys could revert back to a tier 1 class and then potentially upgrade to the tier 2. 

So your best bet would probably be to change them to Archers after their loop back to villager and then hope they can reach Sniper for the 5 mov and Bowrange +2 with Bow Knight being the plateau. 

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

22 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

it's rather impossible to quantify how much exp there is with the way it works. If I had to throw a guess though, I'd say that maybe one or 2 of the boys could revert back to a tier 1 class and then potentially upgrade to the tier 2. 

So your best bet would probably be to change them to Archers after their loop back to villager and then hope they can reach Sniper for the 5 mov and Bowrange +2 with Bow Knight being the plateau. 

Killer Bow Bow Knights are so ridiculous, its great.