Celica Defense Topic: She never trusted Jedah

She was unfairly blackmailed and canonly Alm was trapped in dragon maw just like in Gaiden to line up with what Jedah says in this game.

Celica never believed a thing that blue smurf said calling him mad and doesn't listen until he proves he's the only currently living guy who knows about Mila's state. She felt like she didn't have a choice then. Jedah pulled some pretty dirty cards, if Celica turned back all of Zofia would be screwed and from Jedah's words the world would've been doomed to a mad Duma then.

She says "you lied to me?" because secretly she was hoping that he would actually keep his word and actually make things good. She never trusted him.

Turn back and doom the world to a mad Duma with the lack of Mila or at least TRY to get her with a big chance of succeeding? The little context at least tells us that Celica never trusted this lout. Celica was taught to depend on gods all her life so forgetting about potential crucial information of Mila is a big no no and letting Jedah walk away with crazy and cheap blackmail and information of her missing goddess would be even more stupid and blind.

Celica was right and was after the true villain since the very beginning of the game.

10 hours ago, Peaceful_User said:

She says "you lied to me?" because secretly she was hoping that he would actually keep his word and actually make things good. She never trusted him.

If you are surprised someone deceived you, that means you trusted them.

Also, fun fact: If you reach Duma Tower before Alm gets to the dragon mountain, Alm never gets stuck in Dracozombie hell and never needs Celica's help (besides the magic mirror thing but it wasn't Jedah who stopped the magic).

12 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

If you are surprised someone deceived you, that means you trusted them.

Also, fun fact: If you reach Duma Tower before Alm gets to the dragon mountain, Alm never gets stuck in Dracozombie hell and never needs Celica's help (besides the magic mirror thing but it wasn't Jedah who stopped the magic).

She was only surprised because Halcyon set an example that Jedah would AT LEAST make things good and not power the fuck up a mad god. She didn't trust him fully but she thought the ass would have some honor. It's not her fault it's all fucking Jedah for looking like and acting like a cartoon villain. If he looked like Halcyon and an actual wise sage the problem would be nonexistent and the community wouldn't be blowing this out the water. Do NOT blame it on Celica. 

That's not canon. They never specifically point out they can turn back. It was just the devs making it less frustrating just like they made critical hits able to hit reliably unlike in Gaiden where critical hits can miss. I saw it happen when Alm made his special crit animation in Gaiden and he missed it. Also being controlled by the player is NOT canon. Both armies automatically move and Alm gets trapped first canonly to line up with what Jedah says "Alm suffering" or something like that. 

Edited by Peaceful_User

3 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

It's not her fault it's all fucking Jedah for looking like and acting like a cartoon villain. If he looked like Halcyon and an actual wise sage the problem would be nonexistent and the community wouldn't be blowing this out the water. Do NOT blame it on Celica. 

And yet he did look and act like a cartoon villain, so players blame Celica for even trusting him a little. When someone who looks like Dracula, asks for your soul and tries to murder your friends, that's usually a sign they are up to no good. While I can understand Celica's desperation in regards to Mila, Jedah did everything in his power to suggest he was a bad guy. Celica went along with it and kept her friends and family in the dark.

5 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

That's not canon. They never specifically point out they can turn back. It was just the devs making it less frustrating

I think you misunderstand. There is no battle at the dragon mountain if you get to Duma tower before Alm does his half of chapter 4. I'm not sure on what grounds you have to say that isn't canon. Berkut wasn't in Gaiden, is he not canon?

On 8/27/2017 at 8:49 AM, NekoKnight said:

And yet he did look and act like a cartoon villain, so players blame Celica for even trusting him a little. When someone who looks like Dracula, asks for your soul and tries to murder your friends, that's usually a sign they are up to no good. While I can understand Celica's desperation in regards to Mila, Jedah did everything in his power to suggest he was a bad guy. Celica went along with it and kept her friends and family in the dark.

I think you misunderstand. There is no battle at the dragon mountain if you get to Duma tower before Alm does his half of chapter 4. I'm not sure on what grounds you have to say that isn't canon. Berkut wasn't in Gaiden, is he not canon?

Because if she told them they would just repeat the same shit and come up with nothing better. Stressing everyone out. It's Jedah's fault for not living up to the potential moral gray situation.

There's an exclusive scene for dragon maw and Jedah brings it up that only makes sense if Alm is at dragon maw. Get out with that. "Berkut not canon!!!" Pffft

Edited by Peaceful_User

• 2 weeks later...

I think they could come with better solution then helping villain with his evil plan of doom. For example not helping villain with his evil plan of doom. Regardless how you put it she still believed Jedah more than Alm and did not tried to look for any better plan. 

Maybe because Jedah told her there is no better option? Oh right, that's exactly it...

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

I think they could come with better solution then helping villain with his evil plan of doom. For example not helping villain with his evil plan of doom. Regardless how you put it she still believed Jedah more than Alm and did not tried to look for any better plan. 

Maybe because Jedah told her there is no better option? Oh right, that's exactly it...

There wasn't anything she could do. She had no direction and he was the only one still alive who knew where Mila was. Plus I'm sure she was fairly confident in her and her allies's abilities in defeating him if he was lying. But to make matters worse they were warped away and thus she got desperate and made a human flaw being too eager in hope that everything would be okay. 

Also you and me both know that's a blatant lie. She wanted to do her own thing but she still loves Alm. 

If she was confident in her allies abilities to defeat she should... you know... defeat him. Than she could have him do whatever she wants. Unconditionally giving up on her strongest card (herself), is stupid tactic regardless if there was chance he speak true, because there is simply always possibility he doesn't.

In moment she complied she lost every chance to affect result not to mention Jedah could use her as lever against her own allies. Even without knowing full picture it still would be bad decision, which would Saber or Conrad certainly confirmed if she bothered ask. 

-Best option - beat Jedah and make him spill beans.

-Second best option - do nothing and hope Alm can deal with his situation himself (using such ingenuous strategy as sailing ships for example )

-Worst decision - what Celica does all time.

Edited by Tenzen12

But that's the thing. Celica didn't listen to him and didn't consider a thing he said back when you first have him on a map until later on in the game he relied on blackmail remember????

Alm didn't know about this and didn't look beyond the war (as their reunion in act 4 from Halcyon tells you) Celica blindly relying on Alm and not being her own person and setting out to the direct source wouldn't of been right. 

Yes, because first time he just sew the seeds and didn't really mean business, but she did considered it.  And his blackmail didn't have any substance either, all Celica had was Jedah word, word of person she herself  called "completely mad" , there were no guarantees and she didn't try get any either.  She didn't even know whether he is truly capable of fulfilling his promise much less actually willing.

She had plenty of reasons not trust him and non to do so and she still went along with him regardless. He then just broke his word easily which just proves how wrong she was to listen to him in first place.

Edited by Tenzen12