Looking for critique of portrait splices

Theri

All of these are for my ROM hack I'm working on (since I'm a terrible artist and can't draw anything from scratch)

First one is one of my two main lords. Second is a bard who's half Manakete. Third is the fourth character's retainer. Fourth character is the 11 year old princess and villain. I had limited hair options for the last one though since I used young Guinevere's portrait as a base and her portrait is smaller than all the standard portraits. I also really really hate skin shading.

Castor.png

Luke.png

Bifronz.png

Princess Maya.png

Priscilla's Splice looks odd in the hair department (a bit too dark), The ephidel one looks fine, the one with pent needs shading (although you already knew that).

Finally the villain, in my opinion, I don't like looking at her hair color.

8 hours ago, George Reds said:

Priscilla's Splice looks odd in the hair department (a bit too dark), The ephidel one looks fine, the one with pent needs shading (although you already knew that).

Finally the villain, in my opinion, I don't like looking at her hair color.

She's Sacean actually, so her hair color I took from Rath.

The first one's hair needs a little tweak on the left hand side but for the most part the only issue I can see is the shading isn't right on the first two.

Darken up the areas where the hair is covering on the shoulders and it should come out better.

I too can't draw and do a few splices here and there, my profile pic being an example.

7 minutes ago, George Reds said:

Then if she's Sacaean, give her the respective skin colors too

Well she's half-Sacean to be exact lol

The king and queen took her from the plains when she was a young girl since she was the daughter of a friend and she grew up believing that she was the legitimate child of the king and queen.

As for shading, yeah, that's definitely my weak point. I have zero artistic skill so shading is difficult for me. Especially skin shading.

Think of it this way, If hair is covering a med-blue collar, then put the blue a few shades darker to make it look better. That how I've done it.

My profile pic is the mug of Canas' son from FE 6 with Joshua's hat and the body of Roland. (With Priscilla's feather to top it off)

I simple darken the parts of the hair where it meets with the hat.