Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

you need to go outside and play.

Play Heroes outside? But the glare from the sun will block my screen!

There is life outside of Heroes?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp. I think I voted for Hector, but I'm still rather indecisive. Hector has been a consistently good unit for me in the game, plus I really like him. PoR was one of the first games I played, and the game has given me 3 Ikes, so IS seems to want me to join him. But I'm not sure I want him to be the first dude to win a Voting Gauntlet. (Even though it'll probably happen. lol) However, the game was also kind enough to give me a Lyn just now. She's +HP -DEF, so not awful, and it'd be nice to support her as well. 

Gah. Choices...choices...

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pissing on each other is an integral part of the Voting Gauntlet ritual.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it felt like the spirit of good competition, but some people definitely hold their grudges or bitterness a lot longer than they should. Or at the very least seem to hate certain characters way too much than what should be considered healthy.

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, sorry. Am I not allowed to indulge in just a tiny bit of trash talk? Give me a break.

Then again, it’s the community that refers to Tharja and Camilla as thots.

Okay, I guess the more elaborate your synonyms and euphemisms for whore and the like get, the more acceptable it becomes.

Which is also a reason why I don’t root for any sports team.

I’m washing my hands off this discussion so hard.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Why not?  No more/less right to be here than you, or anyone else in this topic, really.

Yeah, but all he seems to do is tell everyone how horrible they are. 

Either way, I'll just be ignoring him from here on in.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Australians have a reputation for loving their sports.

I couldn't tell you anything about our native football and its teams, despite having two siblings who play it.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Perhaps now would be a good time to say that I am in fact a sports fan so I suppose I'm more predisposed to spouting trash talk. Being an Atlanta sports fan specifically probably doesn't help as we have plenty to be bitter about these days... 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps now would be a good time to say that I am in fact a sports fan so I suppose I'm more predisposed to spouting trash talk. Being an Atlanta sports fan specifically probably doesn't help as we have plenty to be bitter about these days... 

As someone who lives in Georgia (even though I don't follow the sports) I know your pain. Somehow Georgia teams almost always seem to choke.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

A little bit of friendly ribbing makes things more interesting.  But there's a limit.  No different than most other social interactions.

In which universe is calling comeone (even though a fictional character, no that it changes anything) a wench or a whore considered friendly?
Yes, I’m triggered as all fuck because I’m fed up with this shit.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

In which universe is calling comeone (even though a fictional character, no that it changes anything) a wench or a whore considered friendly?

Depends on the company, I guess.  "Wench" is one thing (maybe a bit strong, but definitely not unheard of).  "Whore" is pushing it IMO - no need to call a lady's bedroom habits into it!

I hope my jab wasn't out of line.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

"Wench" is the correct way to refer to the waitress in Red Dragon Inn.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You do realize that wench is apparently acceptable enough to be used in multiple FE titles, right?

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

"Acceptable to be used in media" doesn't necessarily mean it's acceptable to refer to someone or something as such.

You hear some games slinging 'bastard' and 'sub-human' around, but you wouldn't call people those terms.

Ok, maybe I should've just pointed out that wench is used across several different FE titles and left out the word "acceptable". I apologize on that front. I can also vouch that I've never called an actual person that or worse and don't ever envision a scenario where I would resort to doing so.

@Arthur97

Shouldn't really bring up a 3 hour old subject again but hey why not I'm pretty stupid guy. So if you are actually confuse on Lyn's popularity then I can at least tell you why I really like Lyn.

So I won't speak for anyone else other then me, but Lyn as a character for me has always been an incredibly special character. When I finally got into franchise properly thanks to Awakening I finally decided to properly finish Blazing Sword. Gotta tell you it's over rated as hell but that's not the point. The point is Lyn does sincerely deserve to be 1st place overall (subjective I know). During the entire time I was playing Blazing Sword Lyn was by far my favorite character. Not just because she's smoking hot but because she's the only lord & character that gets you involve in the story. In her tutorial story she's constantly asking you for your advice, guidance, & opinion when it comes to her decision making. Granted it was only one time when it came to decision making involving Ninian's ring but she's still constantly asking for your take on these kind of situation. It also helps that she's constantly praising your tactics. Eliwood & Hector rarely any of that in comparison. It also helps she putting in a lot faith in a person she's just met which in this case is both you & me. The fact she's also treat you like her right hand man doesn't hurt either. Honestly unlike Eliwood & Hector, you can tell that you made an impact on her life. That's why as the 1st lord fans got a chance to interact in the west. Interesting that she made an impression to them as they did with Lyn's own impression on the Tactician. Granted by the time Lyn's tutorial story is over, she only interact with you once & that's when you reunite with her. However, should you have a game over with her, Lyn's last thought are about you!

Probably also help that not only she's gorgeous but she's also has the fan favorite class (Myrmidon) with being a lord version of that class to boot.

You argue as the 1st lord people got to interact with that honor should belong Chrom, well guess what?  Lyn's character is a lot more like Chrom than she is to Lucina. They both complete utter faith in their tactician (FYI that's you), ask for your 2nd hand judgement, & made an impact on their life.

While technically she's my 1st lord in the series I never bother finishing Blazing Sword until well 15 years later. So yeah Awakening for me & Lucy 4 lyfe. But Lyn is still great character regardless & that's why I personally believe she earn her popularity

43 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Hector. Always Hector!

It seems we'll be joining forces once more then! Lets show them the power of Ostia!

I'm honestly a little dissapointed that the one time I could support Lyn in a voting gauntlet, Hector is also an option. And even Ike is there...

I'll be praying for team Lyn to win against Lucina, good luck guys.

So now I have Hector too. Hector, Ike and Lyn are 3 of my most favorite characters in the FE series.

I have legit no idea who I'm going to support now.... Hector and Ike are going to smoke Chrom and Roy... but picking Lyn means I miss out on Ike vs Hector....

Ike vs Hector or Lucina vs Lyn.......

Crap... CRAP DECISIONS. 

Guess I'll go Team Hector first round. Then go to Ike if he loses. Unless they somehow both lose, then I'll jump to Lyn if she remains.

Second account will go Roy/Chrom first (no Hector/Ike :( ). Then maybe Lucina/Camilla- whoever remains between the two.

The female side is going to be brutal looking at the matchups.